Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
two firsts for Gordon seems like a huge overpay but this could be another fake celtics trade story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It would be delightful if one of the only deals Danny actually delivered on was two firsts and the best player in the trade for Aaron Gordon

Maybe he really has been making godfather offers this entire time and he’s the victim of comical bad luck

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Ahahahahaha, I hope it's real

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/1374210171849834496

:allears:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

i am a moron posted:

I wonder if Durant knew by tweeting that he’d make it hilarious

Also Steve Kerr... cmon man. What a team of salty little babies

Seriously, Kerr is as attention-seeking as Durant is.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Did Brown or Tatum get injured or something, idgi

It's just public negotiating. A first round pick is usually not even a first round pick anymore, it's a protected pick that will convey as 2 seconds in 10 years

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I...like...Kevin Durant??!?!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

Did Brown or Tatum get injured or something, idgi

I can't tell if they're looking to play a biggish traditional lineup or if they're looking for a SF/PF to play small ball center. If they're going to throw AG or Harrison Barnes at Kevin Durant and think that'll work they're gonna be wrong though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm troubled by the Spurs being kinda okay this season, it's too early and there's still not enough of a young core, I was hoping theyd have the requisite one year tank.
It's fun watching THE BIG BODY at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbDWpmdVViA

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Papercut posted:

Seriously, Kerr is as attention-seeking as Durant is.
lol

https://twitter.com/drewshiller/status/1374228713521307655?s=21

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 23, 2021

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

whats the lol part. the quote in the original tweet and the longform quote say exactly the same thing. hilarious that the beat reporter is so cowed by kerrs temper tantrum that he backed off an entirely accurate reading of what he said i guess

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Haha I actually turned off the Clippers v Hawks game in disgust at half time and spent the next few hours cursing their names and then much later check the final score wow.

I think the Clippers shot 80%+ in the final quarter. Good on Lue for kicking out the starters and handing the keys over to the bench. Nards didn’t miss a shot and looked like he was about to have a heart attack. They went from up 10 to down 22 to win by 9. Bananas.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I...like...Kevin Durant??!?!

He basically just paraphrased @dril's "I will never log off" tweet which makes me wonder if KD is big into weird twitter.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm troubled by the Spurs being kinda okay this season, it's too early and there's still not enough of a young core, I was hoping theyd have the requisite one year tank.
It's fun watching THE BIG BODY at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbDWpmdVViA

they’ll be bad bad when aldridge and derozan aren’t out there trying to win games

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What a worm.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Steve Kerr status: very bitchmade

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jota posted:

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1374210906607947776?s=20

the article says marcus smart and two firsts for fournier and gordon

marcus smart is better than aaron gordon and I'm not sure it's even that close what the gently caress is this

Rick posted:

I can't tell if they're looking to play a biggish traditional lineup or if they're looking for a SF/PF to play small ball center. If they're going to throw AG or Harrison Barnes at Kevin Durant and think that'll work they're gonna be wrong though.

you know who does do a great job guarding larger guys though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Danny is tired of the jokeshe will make a loving trade this year no matter how silly.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MourningView posted:

marcus smart is better than aaron gordon and I'm not sure it's even that close what the gently caress is this

Absolutely. Lol if this is the trade that gets made.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also if Philly trades Thybulle I am going to be so disappointed. Losing Green is probably an inevitability, but Thybulle must be protected.

You think Lowry would be willing to sign a sweetheart extension to play in Philly for a few more years?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

a new study bible! posted:

Also if Philly trades Thybulle I am going to be so disappointed. Losing Green is probably an inevitability, but Thybulle must be protected.

You think Lowry would be willing to sign a sweetheart extension to play in Philly for a few more years?

Lowry has not seemed like the sort of person who would sign a sweetheart deal for any circumstance.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

whatever happened to that boston reporter who tweeted something big was happening soon lol

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

He is nice as a potential random 20 point scorer, but it feels like if the team is in the position of needing that from him they might be turbo hosed.

I love Furkan and think he's great fit on this team. His shot just keeps getting shorter and quicker and he quietly adds things to his game pretty consistently. He's a solid ball handler now, his floater is a weapon, he can drive. He's even getting solid on D in his own way. Like he's never going to be a great defender, but he's getting sneaky good at steals and disruption.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Boston must love Fournier in that situation or something. What does Orlando want with Marcus Smart? He's a super useful player but not really who I think of as a guy for a rebuilding team.

Paul Zuvella posted:

whatever happened to that boston reporter who tweeted something big was happening soon lol

He backpeddled hard, it was pretty funny.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

ChickenMedium posted:

He basically just paraphrased @dril's "I will never log off" tweet which makes me wonder if KD is big into weird twitter.

Kevin Durant is... @fart!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If by sweetheart deal you mean a 2-3 year deal at 30 million per, then yes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

He doesn't need to sign a "sweatheart" extension to stay there. The owners are literally hedge fund people. I guess the other one is a more traditional capitalist.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Absolutely. Lol if this is the trade that gets made.

the only way it makes sense is if Smart is stewing behind the scenes and wants out, which isn't impossible but would be very sad. :(

I'm just going to wait until things materialize for real and take solace that the status quo definitely isn't working so change is better than nothing maybe

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status/1374168834115043331

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Boston must love Fournier in that situation or something. What does Orlando want with Marcus Smart? He's a super useful player but not really who I think of as a guy for a rebuilding team..

He'd immediately be the best passer on the team by several orders of magnitude and they could probably flip him again in a year

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

He should maybe talk to KAT

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That's a great twitter line. And jesus Wigs just get the shot man. Take a couple days off.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

They going to play AG at the 5?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

MourningView posted:

He'd immediately be the best passer on the team by several orders of magnitude and they could probably flip him again in a year

This, Orlando has no ball handlers. A problem they have had for a decade. Every year we have maybe one guy who is ok(like D.J.), and a bunch of guys who are forced to be point guards or point forwards. Having Smart be the primary ball handler until Fultz comes back would help a ton if they are pretending to compete. If the Magic are really going to keep Vucevic until he retires they should trade Bamba. My first call would be to San Antonio. Trade them Bamba and Ross for Gay and Vassell. Spurs really could use a bigger center who can shoot the 3 and Ross easily replaces Gay for cheap the next few seasons.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Would be a hard no on trading Vassell for that and I even like Bamba and still think he's going to be a good second draft guy for someone

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

MourningView posted:

Would be a hard no on trading Vassell for that and I even like Bamba and still think he's going to be a good second draft guy for someone

Fair enough, Vassell looks like a good pick, just like Keldon. Let me ask you this, we all know the Spurs like to compete. Popovich is still there, Vassell is just a rookie,Pop likes vets. What if the Spurs were the ones wanting Gordon? Some combo of Gordon,Bamba,Ross and Evan could really fill out that roster.

Edit. I'm gonna assume if the Spurs made a trade they want to compete so DeRozan,Murray and Keldon are untouchable and the Magic have no use for White.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 23, 2021

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1374383042333085706?s=19

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He's not a good fit but if Lauri's significantly cheaper than the Collins/Turner combo I wouldn't mind Charlotte taking a look

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

euphronius posted:

He doesn't need to sign a "sweatheart" extension to stay there. The owners are literally hedge fund people. I guess the other one is a more traditional capitalist.

Well yeah they can obviously afford tax, but aren't there other cap considerations? Not looking at the numbers right now but doesn't Philly already have three max dudes? Adding another 30 mil dollar guy seems maybe unprecedented.

No fan should be concerned about how much owners are paying in the tax lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

chilihead posted:

Fair enough, Vassell looks like a good pick, just like Keldon. Let me ask you this, we all know the Spurs like to compete. Popovich is still there, Vassell is just a rookie,Pop likes vets. What if the Spurs were the ones wanting Gordon? Some combo of Gordon,Bamba,Ross and Evan could really fill out that roster.

Edit. I'm gonna assume if the Spurs made a trade they want to compete so DeRozan,Murray and Keldon are untouchable and the Magic have no use for White.

I'm not the guy to ask because I think Gordon kinda stinks. Vassell is shooting 40% from 3 and already one of the better defensive wings in the league as a rookie I wouldn't trade him for a vet unless it's an actual difference maker and I don't think any of the magic guys qualify. The Spurs also aren't giving him as many minutes as I probably would though so it's possible they disagree.