Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Djeser posted:

[standing in front of string-laden corkboard] but how far up the thighs does it go???

Obama has been bored since leaving office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Trying to Google search did not enlighten me, surprisingly. It's a decent amount of more examples of those type of posts, a handful of people asking what the deal is with only speculation, and an FPlus link. Not any sort of Know Your Meme for it, no apparent source or anything. There is some sort of weird Neocities page that definitely looks like an old Geocities page with a handful of examples, so I guess I learned about Neocities. My best guesses for a source still would probably be either a Superjail or The Lorax movie's Once-ler fan.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ed: disregard

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

miniscule12 posted:

Nerd Thighs has the stench of homestuck fans on a discord coming up with an in joke and posting stories on random websites as a joke.

It has the stink of alt-right guys going on about thigh meat and making very hurriedly mad comments about programmer socks.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lemon said that The F Plus has predicted other Internet things before the possible mainstream discovery of nerd thigh strangulation. What are they?

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Victory Position posted:

I think this might be the first time someone's dyslexia has come to the fore in a reading, because it's the type of misspelling that can occur for a word that's so close, yet so far like "discrageful"

Perhaps he was just too outraged over innocent hand-over-mouth fetishists being taken for fools.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

bony tony posted:

Lemon said that The F Plus has predicted other Internet things before the possible mainstream discovery of nerd thigh strangulation. What are they?

They did some really early episodes on Men's Rights Advocates and Incels I think.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bony tony posted:

They were basically the first people to be talking about Car-Fuckers and that's basically all that's on cable news these days.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Can't turn on CNN without someone talking about the dudes who wanna jack off on watches

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Why, they had that guy on The View the other day, he was describing his relationship with his airplane wife,

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Victory Position posted:

Why, they had that guy on The View the other day, he was describing his relationship with his airplane wife,

I've heard about helicopter parents, but this is ridiculous

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also the news picking up on RooshV for a hot second before he went all TradCath.

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007
I feel like I'm killing something beautiful here by shattering the illusion but FYAD knew about the nerd thigh killer a decade ago https://casualmalexlfan.tumblr.com/archive/tagged/nerdthigh (this is a pro click)

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

bony tony posted:

Doggie Boogie actually got made and is a real rear end movie you can watch on the internet.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still want that really insane James Bond-esque movie with a holographic tiger man and souped-up tour buses, or at least Hail Fraiser!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which episodes are those from?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I love this podcast but it bugs the poo poo out of me when I listen to an old episode and there are great jokes that go completely unacknowledged. Not the cricket ones, just the ones that slip through the cracks of the conversation.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

RandomPauI posted:

I want to say Doggie Boogie was in episode 94: I'm Really More of an Idea Guy, and I don't remember the James Bond one but it could have been from episode 102: I've Also Got an Idea for a Reboot of Young Guns, which does have some brainworms stuck in my head from when I listened to is years ago (specifically Da'ler$ and Juggernaut Lonely)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

YeahTubaMike posted:

I love this podcast but it bugs the poo poo out of me when I listen to an old episode and there are great jokes that go completely unacknowledged. Not the cricket ones, just the ones that slip through the cracks of the conversation.

You can point them out in this thread, and we can give them the recognition and lols they deserve. Be the change!

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

YeahTubaMike posted:

What you hear in the podcast vs what we hear in the Discord call is different enough that sometimes a good joke just doesn't get heard in the recording. Something good that gets talked over during the call can get noticed by whoever is editing it and it gets some space on its own in post-production.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Twitch posted:

I still want that really insane James Bond-esque movie with a holographic tiger man and souped-up tour buses, or at least Hail Fraiser!

RandomPauI posted:

266: For No One's Consideration

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

My favorite one from the movie pitch episodes is Adam's reading of that insane movie pitch that sounded like it was written on peyote and included the phrase "dangerous like a vampire cowboy" and the way he just responded to everything with "uh huh"

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

BootsRaingear posted:

What you hear in the podcast vs what we hear in the Discord call is different enough that sometimes a good joke just doesn't get heard in the recording. Something good that gets talked over during the call can get noticed by whoever is editing it and it gets some space on its own in post-production.

I appreciate every time you make a woody/tinny joke, Boots.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

LanceHunter posted:

You can point them out in this thread, and we can give them the recognition and lols they deserve. Be the change!

Now I have to go through & relisten to everything I've heard in the past week. I know I heard a couple of good Nutshell Gulag ones in an episode the other day, but I was like 75% asleep.

BootsRaingear posted:

Ah, interesting. Good to know.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

A Moose posted:

My favorite one from the movie pitch episodes is Adam's reading of that insane movie pitch that sounded like it was written on peyote and included the phrase "dangerous like a vampire cowboy" and the way he just responded to everything with "uh huh"

Juggernaut Lonely! I'm convinced that the entire reason there hasn't been another episode of movie ideas in forever is because there's no competing with it.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I mean you never know, we wound up getting a sequel to Experience Project.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

All I remember from these tv and movie ideas was the women who kept using “crying like a waterfall” in their story’s, it was someone named Mimi I think

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I think that’s episode 99: Mr. Gandolfini? We Have a Few Rewrites. I remember only because the opening song was Waterfall by the Stone Roses.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

BootsRaingear posted:

The solution is obvious.

Laugh track.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

fit em all up in there posted:

All I remember from these tv and movie ideas was the women who kept using “crying like a waterfall” in their story’s, it was someone named Mimi I think

Like a waterfall, from a volcano

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Oh cool, the nerdy thigh strangling person is back

Mutiple too :allears:

e: lol

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 23, 2021

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I've been listening to various recipe episodes again and it's reminded me that some day Lemon is inevitably going to end up with his daughter as a guest reader on the show and it's going to be simultaneously the proudest and most horrifying day of his life.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

bony tony posted:

Well, Hot Karl is trending on twitter now and that came up in uhhhh I think the sexy lucid dreaming episode

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

change my name posted:

Well, Hot Karl is trending on twitter now and that came up in uhhhh I think the sexy lucid dreaming episode

That's probably because Jensen Karp got a bag of Cinnamon Toast Rat Feces and Shrimp.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

New ASK ROB sticker is available, and it is glorious! - https://thefpl.us/merch/stickers#32

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, I look forward to listening to the movie episodes!

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
r/screenwriting is basically tvtropes but on reddit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I blame Jared Leto for the clown robot script.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
An entire episode of people whose minds have been irreversibly warped by Paradox games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Something about bad writers giving bad writing advice is so much worse than just their bad writing itself.