Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tekken 7 got a new DLC fighter today, and she is really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Less badass revenge and more "let's not give magic nukes to the person who has plans to magically nuke existence"

well we let the only country to actually nuke another country keep nukes. if im charge the formulas go on wikipedia

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

Tekken 7 got a new DLC fighter today, and she is really awesome.

Is it Danica Patrick

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Khanstant posted:

well we let the only country to actually nuke another country keep nukes. if im charge the formulas go on wikipedia

lmao I love the Skullduggery Chapo interview where the host asks if they think Iran should try to get a nuke and they go "yes, absolutely, it's the only thing that will keep you safe from the United States, otherwise we will just drone strike their political leaders" and the host does not know how to react and immediately changes the subject

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hatty posted:

Is it Danica Patrick

close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1P440Ymveo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I want an esport where two people fight in a video game and then have to fight in real life. Or vice versa.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I want an esport where two people fight in a video game and then have to fight in real life. Or vice versa.
ah, chessboxing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Glad you aren't in charge then

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

PantsBandit posted:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sometimes i sit and think about how one of my favorite video game characters is named fuckin' Alphinaud

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night had some wicked fun in DS2. Visited the picturesque Drangleic Castle where I got baited into losing 40k souls after spending a good number of lives clearing a room of Ruin Sentinels. Many laughs and Oh Nos of despair were had. Beat some bosses. Still got played by the Royal Rat Authority. All in all, fantastic fun and I am looking forward to finishing the Shrine of Amana.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Last night had some wicked fun in DS2. Visited the picturesque Drangleic Castle where I got baited into losing 40k souls after spending a good number of lives clearing a room of Ruin Sentinels. Many laughs and Oh Nos of despair were had. Beat some bosses. Still got played by the Royal Rat Authority. All in all, fantastic fun and I am looking forward to finishing the Shrine of Amana.

I'm happy I got to help out with Looking Glass Knight, even if we did burn him down too quick for his gimmick to kick in.

The Room was also fun times. I love that room.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

When you're done with Amana (You'll know when you're done with Amana), note that the key to the embedded is also a useable weapon though it can't be upgraded

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’ve been playing Deadly Premonition and Dark souls 3 and all the dialogue in those games must’ve made me talk like a psycho dumbass. I had a phone call that offered a job interview and then like an hour later they told me I was unsuccessful.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Draga posted:

I'm happy I got to help out with Looking Glass Knight, even if we did burn him down too quick for his gimmick to kick in.

The Room was also fun times. I love that room.

I was SO happy to see someone from the stream (you) have their tag appear as a summon in game organically. I just was not expecting it so I had to summon :D And benhart is a cool dude so I thought he could join us too. I had no idea we would clown him so much.

I would definitely like to do the bonfire ascetic thing and try him again. That could be interesting, but also he is probably a super tough boss one on one.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Haha holy poo poo the credits sequence for Somnium Files

Perfect

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Not the same but when Fullmetal Alchemist was on Adult Swim in like, 2005 or whatever, they would play new episodes on the weekends but then on weekdays they would rerun the series so people could catch up. When they caught up, they would just run it again. I started watching and described the episode to someone and they said yeah thats really early on so I kept watching, but then a week later they restarted the show again and I was like what the hell, now it's gonna be who knows how long until they get back to where they were!

Turns out after the first four episodes there's a flash-backward for two episodes and I had actually started watching at the very first episode but just mistakenly though they restarted the series and the episodes were chronological

When Adult Swim was airing Big O they ran through the localized episodes before the final few were released several times. I seem to recall them showing some episode about a tomato farm several times, and it was like the last one before they’d reset, but finally they showed the first few seconds then interrupt it with one of their white text on black bumper cards and said “fooled ya” or something, then show the next proper episode for the first time.

E: looking into it, this may have been what I was thinking about

quote:

On the night that the final episode of season two was set to premiere, October 26, 2003, the viewers were treated to a rerun of episode 20, "Stripes". This resulted in the Adult Swim message boards being flooded with complaints by fans. After an apology from Kim Manning, programming director for Adult Swim, the final episode of The Big O: Season Two was aired on Sunday, November 2nd at 11:00 PM.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 24, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Haha holy poo poo the credits sequence for Somnium Files

Perfect

Yes!!!

Excellent.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
saw this on reddit

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...irement/.170957

quote:

Some companies are made by otaku, for otaku. The copywriting company Hiroro, inc. recently made waves on Twitter when its president Itaru Tsurumi declared that the company will offer paid leave for idol fans in grief when their favorite idol graduates (i.e. retires) or gets married.

社員の推しの卒業が決まってしまったため、弊社の勤務規定に慶弔休暇の項目が追加されました。 pic.twitter.com/s8owdfcSOn
— itaru9(株式会社ひろろ社長) (@itaru9Z) March 8, 2021

According to the post, Tsurumi added a clause to the company's policy on taking time off stating that employees can take leave under the following circumstances:

If your idol is holding a concert or live event, you may take the day off or leave early as long as it is arranged a week beforehand. Only in the case of a guerilla event or unannounced event are you allowed to leave work early on the day.
You may take full paid leave for up to 10 days if your favorite idol graduates. You may take three days if it's your second-favorite idol or otherwise an idol who is not necessarily your number one.
You may take full paid leave for up to 10 days if your favorite idol gets married.
Depending on the amount of mental damage, it is possible to negotiate for extra days.

The company itself specializes in copywriting and coordinating events for the entertainment industry, often for idols. The company produced a photo book for the singer Kanna Murata.

The world is a strange and confusing place

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

*softly hums Solidarity Forever*

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, even if it's weird, at least it's a considerate kind of weird.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’ve been playing Deadly Premonition and Dark souls 3 and all the dialogue in those games must’ve made me talk like a psycho dumbass. I had a phone call that offered a job interview and then like an hour later they told me I was unsuccessful.

https://twitter.com/Senn_Spud/status/1369345806189293568

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Did you end every answer with ominous cackling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NG2: I just completely chumped Volf out on the first try, it wasn't even hard. I really dug the whole 'this man has honour, he has earned a noble death' vibe he had going for him but still ain't no match for me and now I have a badass new scythe :getin:

Ryu is such a badass

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Scythe is the best weapon in the game. I should really replay it again, game rules despite the flaws

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hatty posted:

The Scythe is the best weapon in the game. I should really replay it again, game rules despite the flaws

What would you say the flaws are? The camera's still a bit of an issue at times but besides that I don't really have any criticisms

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The camera yeah and the enemies get kinda rocket spammy in later levels to a somewhat annoying degree. Still love it

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

homeless snail posted:

ah, chessboxing

autochessboxing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVtrl7Mgobw

7-part DLC expansion

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can't wait for this to hit steam later

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yawn call me when there's a DLC where I can resurrect people instead of killing them

Ii guess that wouldn't make sense for Hitman, so perhaps instead we wander the streets of LA looking to orchestrate the right run-ins with music industry connections to hopefully fire off a hit single

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 24, 2021

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I love the general internationalism of fighting games

Polish karate fighter, hell yeah

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Haven't been playing much lately. Depression and exhaustion makes it difficult. But last night I did Eventide Isle in BotW and boy do I love that poo poo. I wish the whole game was like that.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Khanstant posted:

yawn call me when there's a DLC where I can resurrect people instead of killing them

Ii guess that wouldn't make sense for Hitman, so perhaps instead we wander the streets of LA looking to orchestrate the right run-ins with music industry connections to hopefully fire off a hit single

Hitmin.

Your spaceship crashlands on the distant, uncharted World of Assassination and you are helped to get repair parts by an army of up to 47 tiny, adorable hitmin. There are many different types of these creatures, ranging from 'policemin' and 'businessmin' to exotic belly dancing 'fitmin'. All are voiced by David Bateson with a pitch shifter.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wow i love hitmin, gonna toss em all at ladybugs

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Convex posted:

Hitmin.

Your spaceship crashlands on the distant, uncharted World of Assassination and you are helped to get repair parts by an army of up to 47 tiny, adorable hitmin. There are many different types of these creatures, ranging from 'policemin' and 'businessmin' to exotic belly dancing 'fitmin'. All are voiced by David Bateson with a pitch shifter.

sneaking up behind a bulborb with a piano wire while also wearing a crude bulborb costume

no witnesses

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nancy getting too real...

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1374233283865800704

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't really have any interest in playing Brawhalla, but the animation in this trailer rules:

https://twitter.com/Brawlhalla/status/1374753202625740805

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Walla posted:

Haven't been playing much lately. Depression and exhaustion makes it difficult. But last night I did Eventide Isle in BotW and boy do I love that poo poo. I wish the whole game was like that.

Is that the trial where they take your inventory away? Cuz that rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dota 2 anime comes out tomorrow, all my homies are gonna get together and not watch it and instead grind MMR because dota's lore is boring and I know the show is not gonna have a segment where DK avoids fights for 45 minutes until he farms a Glepnir and then dies and loses the fight for his allies, which is what Dota 2 is all about