Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One golden birb for failing to go down in a blaze of insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

pentyne posted:

Is there a gold watch equivalent for a retiring mod? Someone who manages to stick around long enough and decides to peacefully step down without controversy or panic?

We all missed Dr. Eldarion's 20th, but I also don't know when they got the star. According to the single rapsheet entry they've been a mod since 2004 at least.

They get sent to a nice forums upstate where they can post and probate to their hearts content.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pentyne posted:

Is there a gold watch equivalent for a retiring mod? Someone who manages to stick around long enough and decides to peacefully step down without controversy or panic?

We all missed Dr. Eldarion's 20th, but I also don't know when they got the star. According to the single rapsheet entry they've been a mod since 2004 at least.
From what I recall he was not a mod in early 2002 when I met him at a goon meet.

Like, TVIV didn't exist yet. SAS started during MLB playoffs in 2003 which was the beginning of gameday threads and lots of reaction posting which then became a thing when TVIV showed up later. I forget when TVIV started.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Mar 23, 2021

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Reinstate BTB, you cowards.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pentyne posted:

Is there a gold watch equivalent for a retiring mod?

Handcuffs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Was twisty the dude who got banned for asking chicken questions in the Pet Island chicken thread?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Handcuffs

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

CJacobs posted:

Handcuffs

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pentyne posted:

When Something Sensitive was in full swing, that was pretty much their entire endgame. Aside from Aatrek(who's name was public info from him linking his Star Trek articles and stuff) they also tracked down EPW's employer and started harassing them about her too.

It seems like ironically since Kiwifarms became the one stop shop for weird internet hate they aren't directing as much effort into going after every single SA mod because they've cast a net across the entire web for people to target and harass.

Yeah, more recently you have things like KF attempting to doxx ZDR (I think it was) and accidentally doxxing the goatse guy instead.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Was twisty the dude who got banned for asking chicken questions in the Pet Island chicken thread?

Yeah that was him, he instantly got probated by the mod who cooked their parrot to death.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, the chicken thing is one of my favorite examples of insane goon paranoia about FYAD. This guy has a negative postcount, his questions about chickens must be some sort of troll!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, more recently you have things like KF attempting to doxx ZDR (I think it was) and accidentally doxxing the goatse guy instead.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Yeah that was him, he instantly got probated by the mod who cooked their parrot to death.

lol at both of these

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I can't find the post a little earlier where someone was asking about grovertruk guy, but yeah he's fine he posts in discord all the time.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Animal-Mother posted:

"Due to his racism and his lengthy screed about getting a blowjob from a baby, we no longer trust this person to be an administrator of the Something Awful forums. He will, however, still moderate the gun section. Case closed."

I made that suggestion as kinda a joke about compromise that would make nobody happy.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Shortest Path posted:

I can't find the post a little earlier where someone was asking about grovertruk guy, but yeah he's fine he posts in discord all the time.

I think that was my post, and I'm glad to hear he's okay. I'm not sure the forums were a great idea for him -- he was giving off those "I'm a guy with a lot of problems, and I will never solve any of them because I want attention more than I want a better life" vibes I associate with a lot of SA disasters -- but I'm glad he's still got some kind of goon network.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Imagine being so wrong about the Snyder Cut that you get permabanned

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Lol someone go find their original PB reason

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Desperately reregging only to be perma'd again after making 15 out of my 17 total posts in the Snyder Cut thread

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heath posted:

Lol someone go find their original PB reason

quote:

PERMABAN 01/11/17 12:35am lastexyle Posted a banme. Smythe Smythe

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3804928&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post468207869

quote:

lowtax is a lovely dad

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Well poo poo, maybe that one needs reviewing.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

Wasn't there another mod whose dog got doxxed by KF? Like, they'd once used their dogs name to register an account somewhere, so the pro detectives at KF found it then posted the personal info of some guy who happened to have the same name as the mods dog. Or something like that?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Syd Midnight posted:

Wasn't there another mod whose dog got doxxed by KF? Like, they'd once used their dogs name to register an account somewhere, so the pro detectives at KF found it then posted the personal info of some guy who happened to have the same name as the mods dog. Or something like that?

FAU's doxxed dog

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Wait, what? Okay, firstly, since when do you get permabanned for a banme, and secondly, since when does a banme stop you ever making a new account?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

FAU's doxxed dog
I forgot this was me. I have never owned a dog.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Wait, what? Okay, firstly, since when do you get permabanned for a banme, and secondly, since when does a banme stop you ever making a new account?

When you call out the extremely vain and fickle owner of the website for things that are actually true about them, apparently.

It looks like that poster sucked rear end anyways so it's probably no big loss but still, lmao.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Lowtax was literally permabanning people who posted on twitter (like, to their own followers, not to lowtax) that dragging your daughter onto a stream where you cheer on someone committing suicide was bad. Lowtax fanboys were reporting these people to lowtax who would then ban their SA account.

That's how that gets a perma.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
All lowtax bans (especially permas) should be eyeballed, especially over the last couple years

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Bismuth posted:

All lowtax bans (especially permas) should be eyeballed, especially over the last couple years

Jeff has already unbanned some of them on request, although even then I don't know how many actually feel like posting here anymore.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i wish i had the moral fortitude to not post here anymore

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Mx. posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm glad I don't have the moral fortitude to stop posting here.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Mx. posted:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Is moral fortitude like mental fortitude but with extra ethics?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Personally I intend to be the final poster

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mx. posted:

that reminds me I need to level up that stat in Disco Elysium, been failing too many skill checks

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
The End of History and the Last Poster

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mx. posted:

And do what main post on Reddit?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Personally I intend to be the final poster

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
posting more on SA over the last year but especially since we all thought SA was gonna get shut down has made me some good new friends :3 I’ll never stop posting with my buds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I used to think Hedrigall was a weird pervert.

I still think that, but I used to too.