Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's a hoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

can't sleep hooty will get me

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm looking forward to whenever new episodes are announced. That and psychonauts 2 are my big anticipated things this year.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

torn grimoire posted:

howdy y'all, don't particularly wanna wade through 500+ pages to see if i'm alone here, but.. owl house?

Glory be to Hoot Prime

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm looking forward to whenever new episodes are announced. That and psychonauts 2 are my big anticipated things this year.

I'm looking forwards to the first season finally hitting Disney+ here

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

torn grimoire posted:

howdy y'all, don't particularly wanna wade through 500+ pages to see if i'm alone here, but.. owl house?

Concur, Owl House.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Senerio posted:

Glory be to Hoot Prime

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Owl House

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Al House

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Owl House, but also Amphibia.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

How's Owl?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Owl House

In the middle of our street

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I have no idea if this page is making me want to watch Owl House less or more (Haven't seen anything since the first episode)

I do need to catch up on Amphibia, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I have no idea if this page is making me want to watch Owl House less or more (Haven't seen anything since the first episode)

I do need to catch up on Amphibia, though.

Amity House

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Senerio posted:

Glory be to Hoot Prime

Stupid sexy Hoot Prime.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Amity House

https://twitter.com/OmyChan2/status/1370439353336528898

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Something I find kind of cute with Owl House is that the main characters make fun of King for being very cute and cat/childlike at times but they afford him some respect when other people get involved. Like when Amity dismisses him as a pet and when he gets annoyed with that Luz defends him with "He is a very good boy, and the KING of Demons!" She gives him his full title because someone from outside their circle is trying to belittle him, and only people who know him personally get to do that. I'm generally enjoying King's arc from narcissistic loser with delusions of grandeur, to kind of a clingy possessive but genuine friend who is learning over time to get less possessive, toxic and insecure.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is wonderful

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

you know what? gently caress you. *Owls your House*

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When is Owl House supposed to be on Disney+?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

When is Owl House supposed to be on Disney+?

It's there now!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

a neat cape posted:

It's there now!

:eyepop:

For some reason I thought it wasn't, I know what I'm doing tonight!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

It's there now!

Only in the US. Other markets are still waiting.

I'm guessing Canada's hang up is getting a French dub.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Senerio posted:

Glory be to Hoot Prime

i like spop more than some members of my own family and hate this more than you could possibly imagine

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Apparently this is old news but I'm just now finding out they are making a Spongebob spin-off starring Patrick? What the gently caress

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Macaluso posted:

Apparently this is old news but I'm just now finding out they are making a Spongebob spin-off starring Patrick? What the gently caress

The only thing stopping them from making Spongebob spinoffs all these years was Hillenburg's opposition. They announced it basically the moment he died.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Two episodes in and Owl House rules

Macaluso posted:

Oh I thought that was a fake. Not sure what a show with present day Patrick could offer though.

Speaking of spin-offs did anyone check out the kid spin-off?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macaluso posted:

Why Patrick is already in like half the episodes anyway.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
The first episode (part 1 of a 2-parter) of Elliot From Earth is on Hulu now for those interested. It's got a more serious vibe than Gumball but it's pretty good so far.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Two episodes in and Owl House rules

Oh I thought that was a fake. Not sure what a show with present day Patrick could offer though.

Speaking of spin-offs did anyone check out the kid spin-off?

Saw 1 ep. Veeeeery cheap cgi animation. Several sequences that felt made for 2D and translated poorly to cg. Itd be fine but forgettable if it was just a set of episodes from the main show instead.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Elliot From Earth dropped like seven episodes at once and I think it's safe to say that it's pretty good. You can really tell it's from the Gumball team once Elliot starts going to space school.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

torn grimoire posted:

i never post in this subforum and i dropped by to see what the consensus was on it

yt algorithm dropped a bunch of clips on me and i ended up purchasing and binge watching it, it's really good!

the "jokes for adults" are usually aimed at people from my generation though, which makes me feel very old. the shade thrown at jk rowling is also incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2OzXSdAmgo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Owl House Episode 18:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXHBotkwyq0

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hooty could probably murder Hell House in his sleep.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And it would be hilarious

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i am begging anne boonchuy to put on a second shoe

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

kidcoelacanth posted:

i am begging anne boonchuy to put on a second shoe

She's acquired complete pairs of shoes a couple times and yet still chooses to wear the single shoe most of the time!

https://amphibiapedia.fandom.com/wiki/Anne_Boonchuy/Designs

That goes for the twigs and leaves in her hair too. Anne is clearly psychotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i know i hate it

anyway i'm catching up on shows. tried out big city greens and it's fun! amphibia is going places. still gotta finish up ducktales