Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

This one has powerful energy. The flickering cigarette in the abyss below especially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
I didn't see his shoes come off,so he's okay right? :ohdear:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm fairly sure he takes a drag off his smoke after falling. Probably mostly fine.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, this year has been spent on a gigantic spiral of depression and sadness, culminating in a house that looks like a hoarders episode exploded in it.

Now, the schad is on me because I have to get this fucker CLEAN by next Thurs because I have a guy coming to inspect the roof because a goddamn raccoon decided to eat part of it and then gently caress around in my attic.

The only reason I need to clean (besides the fact it looks horrible) is because of water damage to the inside ceiling, and potential termites!

:homebrew:

I guess the freude part is I'm gonna have a cleaner house afterwards. gently caress.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mozi posted:

soccer would be better if it was combined with the sprit of pro wrestling

There's a reason why "Portugal vs Netherlands" returns 2006 as the top option. Figo's headbutt on Mark von Bommel would have defined the art for a generation, had it not been for Zinedine Zidane putting one over Marco Materazzi in the final.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Oh, soccerfreude? How about the time an entire team tried to kick racism out of football

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/didier-zokora-emre-racism-balls-201149

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Has sound, it's not necessarily essential but I think that second or two of silence after it happens makes the whole thing funnier

https://i.imgur.com/Yl1wPgz.mp4

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mozi posted:

soccer would be better if it was combined with the sprit of pro wrestling

There is that Italian sport that's a cross between rugby and professional wrestling I can't remember the name of.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Calcio Storico Fiorentino, separating run-of-the-mill crazies from total and absolute lunatics for centuries.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bulbous also tapered.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

i showed you my bulbous bow pls respond

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

That’s right, the Mascara Snake

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Had that happen to my parents once. They were keeping a pet tarantula :spiderguy: that they fed crickets to, but one day my Dad forgot to bring them into the house from the car, and they chewed through the bag and escaped. For months after you could hear them in the car, chirping away madly.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Doodles posted:

Had that happen to my parents once. They were keeping a pet tarantula :spiderguy: that they fed crickets to, but one day my Dad forgot to bring them into the house from the car, and they chewed through the bag and escaped. For months after you could hear them in the car, chirping away madly.

Sounds like a problem a tarantula could solve

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
probably should release a few tarantulas, just to be safe

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Yeah, that problem sorts itself out here in Australia.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Panfilo posted:

I didn't see his shoes come off,so he's okay right? :ohdear:

He'll be fine, but I'm sure he'll have vedder judgement in the future.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Mindless posted:

Sounds like a problem a tarantula could solve

:discourse:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Random Stranger posted:

This is why your container ships need a flared base.

gently caress, this comment didn't nearly enough attention

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Clitch posted:

He'll be fine, but I'm sure he'll have vedder judgement in the future.

I appreciate you.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/75zZzbG.mp4

Dude I told you

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

FWIW I've also seen people giving themselves giant cuts on their heads when they do smash, so it could have been even worse.

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

I can't see this and not immediately go to the Chris Ingraham classic.

Available in two formats-

A twitter thread as it unfolded and went viral:

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1078830244428042241?lang=en

Or his writeup as an actual author/journalist, in like... paragraphs and stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/12/29/i-ordered-box-crickets-internet-it-went-about-well-youd-expect/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gromit posted:

Yeah, that problem sorts itself out here in Australia.

I was watching the ABC last night with a reporter talking to one of the families whose house is right next to the flood waters and is currently overrun with literally millions of spiders. Just loving everywhere.

I have never in my life seen a report from someone who so obviously did not want to be somewhere.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just saw that Reddit apparently hired a paedophile apologist to be an admin and poo poo is getting wild over there now.

"Paedophilia is not what reddit stands for!" is pretty loving funny, given the site's history. But now they have more in common with SA than ever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just saw that Reddit apparently hired a paedophile apologist to be an admin and poo poo is getting wild over there now.

"Paedophilia is not what reddit stands for!" is pretty loving funny, given the site's history. But now they have more in common with SA than ever.

Let's be real, nearly 10 years ago SA led a campaign to rid reddit of its worst and most obvious pedo subs, including /r/jailbait and shocking number of subs like "/r/deadniggerbabies" all run by one users /u/violetacrez (sic) who later claimed it was all honeypots.

I mean SA admins suck and have harbored pedos, but the balance is ultimately in SA's favor on this particular score.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Reddit pays their paedophiles. Also her husband is still a mod for kids subs there at the time of writing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tex Avery posted:

If you don't want to read about one more injury, skip this post.

When I was a young teen, I was riding a bike away from my friend's house when they called out to be from their porch because I forgot something. I looked back at them, then looked forward just in time to see a truck in front of me, which I then promptly hit.

Notice that I said I hit the truck and not the other way around. The truck was parked and unoccupied on the side of the road. Part of the grill broke off and lodged into my knee deep enough that I had to get two layers of stitches. That was easily 15 or 16 years ago and I still have a pretty good scar.

I had a friend in college who over-slept and missed the beginning of one of his finals, so he jumped on his bike and rode it as fast as he could across the urban campus to the test room, including blowing red lights. At one of the intersections a truck crossed in front of him (a truck which 100% had the right of way and wouldn't have been able to stop) and my friend plowed into the side of it. The driver got out to see if he murdered some kid and my friend just looks at him, terrified that he's missing his final, got back on the bike and rode off as fast as he could.

Years later a different friend was recounting to me a story he heard from a truck driver he knew about the one time he had to drive through our college's campus...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inceltown posted:

Reddit pays their paedophiles. Also her husband is still a mod for kids subs there at the time of writing.

So which of us has the more consistent streak of 'why do all these pedophiles keep coming into power???' us or Reddit? I know 4chan should be in the running too but I think they're the lifetime champs.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Gstu posted:

I can't see this and not immediately go to the Chris Ingraham classic.

Available in two formats-

A twitter thread as it unfolded and went viral:

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1078830244428042241?lang=en

Or his writeup as an actual author/journalist, in like... paragraphs and stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/12/29/i-ordered-box-crickets-internet-it-went-about-well-youd-expect/

https://mobile.twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1078835143899369474

ABSOLUTELY

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

mind the walrus posted:

Let's be real, nearly 10 years ago SA led a campaign to rid reddit of its worst and most obvious pedo subs, including /r/jailbait and shocking number of subs like "/r/deadniggerbabies" all run by one users /u/violetacrez (sic) who later claimed it was all honeypots.

Is there a thread you could link me to about this event?

sexpig by night posted:

So which of us has the more consistent streak of 'why do all these pedophiles keep coming into power???' us or Reddit? I know 4chan should be in the running too but I think they're the lifetime champs.

Where the gently caress would one even look for info about 4chan staff?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Skulk Hogan posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466025

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Skulk Hogan posted:

Where the gently caress would one even look for info about 4chan staff?

I'm having difficulty finding the initial thread specifically about r/jailbait but this thread is a continuation of that. After Anderson Cooper aired a story about it and the subreddit finally got shut down (and the owner of said subreddit was outed and lost his job) SA continued to point out just how many awful pedo subreddits there were

Garrand fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 25, 2021

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it's also currently being discussed in the sagas thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938487&pagenumber=220

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Inceltown posted:

Um, knowing what her husband has written about wanting to do to children, that's deeply concerning.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Um, knowing what her husband has written about wanting to do to children, that's deeply concerning.

Hi, thanks for reading and summarizing so I know to have nothing to do with this. God bless :patriot:.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Skulk Hogan posted:

https://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

Honestly impressive to keep that many plates spinning each day. I mean, who has the time?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Takes No Damage posted:

https://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

Honestly impressive to keep that many plates spinning each day. I mean, who has the time?

Someone who does gently caress all at work and also is really into kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

SpacePig posted:

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1374483438066012165?s=20

How does this even happen? Did it get blown sideways or something?

So to sink the world economy you just need to sink 2 ships. One in the Suez and the other in the panama canal?

light schad
https://i.imgur.com/slG9cFY.mp4