Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Big Beef City posted:

"Guys why don't they just dig it out faster?"

--literally goons.

Oh, fuckin WORD? No one involved in this multi-billion dollar a day fuckup affecting the entire planet has considered this brilliant strategy you've derived after looking at one photo of a boat on twitter. Thank you for this hard hitting commentary.

Looks like City here has a Big Beef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

--literally goons.

Oh, fuckin WORD? No one involved in this multi-billion dollar a day fuckup affecting the entire planet has considered this brilliant strategy you've derived after looking at one photo of a boat on twitter. Thank you for this hard hitting commentary.

lol why are you so loving angry all the time man

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Constipation, most likely.

A situation fitting for this thread.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

My Lovely Horse posted:

Their order of more excavators was supposed to arrive today but there was a problem.

lolled irl

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Maybe they should bury it even more in the dirt, and let the canal waters run over it, restoring flow

Then we can make an underground city out of the boat, each of the containers is a house. Everyone that lives there is a muppet, and they sometimes come out of tunnels to steal radishes from the other boats that travel the canal. At the beginning of each day we sing a song about it too, it could be an Egyptian fraggle rock.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Beef City posted:

--literally goons.

No one involved in this multi billion dollar canal industry seems to have come up with a plan if a ship jackknifed in the canal though... So maybe the goon solutions would actually work instead of bringing 1 backhoe to the job that will probably fall into the canal before this is done.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

--literally goons.

They don’t even need to use excavators, they just need to give it a good push. loving idiots.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
they should fill the canal with more water so it floats higher

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

It does seem like they should dig faster though

What about this.

Two excavators

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

--literally goons.

well, why dont they? huh?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
how about giant rear end magnets that will pull the boat high enough to turn it towards open sea

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Have they tried putting it in reverse and flooring it?

Maybe find some floor mats to put under the boat

it's me, elon musk, the IDEAS guy

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I've been going over the data and I think we gonna have to blow the fucker up. With a tactical nuke.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Needs lube, imo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ben shapino posted:

well, why dont they? huh?

spooks the boat

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

My Lovely Horse posted:

Their order of more excavators was supposed to arrive today but there was a problem.

lmao

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

laughing in advance for when the excavations dont work and they have to build locks on either side at the literal expense of the entire planet

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Guze posted:

It does seem like they should dig faster though

What about this.

Two excavators

If two lightsabers were strong enough for Rey to reflect Palpatine's god-like lightning back into himself in Rise of Skywalker, then two excavators should be more than enough to dig Ever Given out of the canal.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The ship just wants attention. We should all ignore it until it behaves itself.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Have they tried making the water really cold so it gets shrinkage?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I find all this joking in the face of a potentially serious toilet paper shortage really inappropriate. We need to nuke it and we need to do it now before things get even worse.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Big Beef City posted:

--literally goons.

I didn't know the captain of the ship clogging one of the world's most important water routes had a forums account, nor did I know there is internet access to something awful from said ship!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

All toilet paper in Europe comes from Andorra, so this won't affect it. In fact, you specifically should not be rushing out and getting toilet paper now because it would be foolish to do so, and definitely not because I want you to run out so we can all laugh at you.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Tree Bucket posted:

None of this contingency planning sounds very profitable

Capitalism really punches itself in the dick on this.

“$800 million for equipment to make sure this never happens, haha yeah right buddy let me just light that money on fire. Oh no now we are losing $8 billion a day who could ever have seen this happening”

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
“What are ya gonna do, block me for weeks?”

~Canal who got blocked for weeks

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/1375086575990751242

incredible

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Eh we consume too much anyways.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The crazy part is that whole huge boat was just transporting one bag of finger traps from AliExpress.

battlepigeon
Aug 3, 2008

Did the front fell off yet?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
They should make the water colder so it shrinks.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

teardrop posted:

Capitalism really punches itself in the dick on this.

“$800 million for equipment to make sure this never happens, haha yeah right buddy let me just light that money on fire. Oh no now we are losing $8 billion a day who could ever have seen this happening”

Except in this case it's not just capitalism, it's also a corrupt third-world nation ruled by a military boss.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Tiny little boat with tiny little cargo on it. The people are tiny on it now and they are mad. So cute. Tiny little anchor and a wee little horn that goes toooof tooof

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Random Stranger posted:

All toilet paper in Europe comes from Andorra, so this won't affect it. In fact, you specifically should not be rushing out and getting toilet paper now because it would be foolish to do so, and definitely not because I want you to run out so we can all laugh at you.

lol no

Most of it comes from Eastern Europe and the rural bits of the Nordics.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Klyith posted:

Except in this case it's not just capitalism, it's also a corrupt third-world nation ruled by a military boss.

The military boss was installed by capitalists

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The crazy part is that whole huge boat was just transporting one bag of finger traps from AliExpress.

Oh gently caress. Forget what I said about consuming less. That was my order!!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's cool global warming will save us with rising water levels and before you know it james cameron will be tooting around in a submarine trying to find the lost cargo ship of the suez.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Dear Watson posted:

Oh gently caress. Forget what I said about consuming less. That was my order!!!

What are you up to?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

lol no

Most of it comes from Eastern Europe and the rural bits of the Nordics.

No he is right, >90% of all european toilet paper comes from Andorra. It's a huge toilet paper factory and roughly half of the 100k population of the country works in the toilet industry. The country's official name is even The Principality of andorra and the Pyrenees Toilet Factories. It gets shortened to just andorra though most of the time

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Have they tried throwing another ship at it? Like when a ball is stuck on the roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Have they tried putting soap in the water to make it more slippery?