Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

spunkshui posted:

139 cops in the hospital

3 dead now

So some of the kissing was a little rough

I'd love to kiss Presinault Troob with a fire extinguisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Hugging and kissing people in a Corona year kind of seems like a threat.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

post itt every time you lol that fancy hat posts become real

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL they're looking at the pile of dead cops their riot killed and actually legitimately going with "we killed them with kindness"

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/dailykos/status/1375335623020707844

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1375251130586963968

The Left is making us be fascists. Not our fault.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Everything is stupid. Georgia is stupid. The Senate is stupid. Why is everything so stupid?! AGghhh

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

A Fancy Hat posted:

hugging and kissing

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:captainpop:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lol America, loving lol

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

The obvious irony here (which no Bucker Tarlchin viewers would have the wherewithal to understand) is that the argument made there; that there becomes little reason to comply with a system that's out to gently caress you, is not wrong in an objective sense, BUT

1) it sure as gently caress doesn't apply to rich conservative white Americans because they system is far more protectionist of them that is justified in any way
2) saying literally this exact same screed about being black in America would be pretty loving on the nose

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Red Rox posted:

lol America, loving lol

lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Does the Georgia law means we are counting down the return of God Emperor Trump?

T minus *check note* 1396 days.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

He did at least once and TheDonald had a loving meltdown about it.

E: Y'all remember the dude that stood next to Obama just flailing his hands around because nobody loving checked his credentials in order to confirm he was actually an interpreter?

Funeral of Nelson Mandela, 2013

jre posted:

Where's the lol in this ? It's just white noise bigotry

You don't think a guy who takes the size and turgidity of a president's penis extremely seriously to the point of drawing it and also posting a rant and provably false things is funny? :confused:

BrigadierSensible posted:

Wouldn't it have been better for her to take the hit from Dominion, but still have a viable career getting paid to represent the army of stupid rich right wing people that believed her in the first place?

Lay people don't have a duty to specify that their opinion is not legal advice due to not having the protected profession of being a lawyer. Lawyers do have a duty of making that distinction because the reasonable man can assume that if they are a lawyer they know the law and can speak to legal matters, whether they're talking out their rear end or not. There's actual punishment for acting as or pretending to be a lawyer in an official capacity when you're not one, and there's also punishment for using your protected profession in an illegitimate manner. Tucker's defense as a talking head is magnitudes better because 1) he's not a lawyer, 2) actual lawyers didn't file legal proceedings based on his bullshit, and 3) he has no standing or education as an actual lawyer so the "reasonable person" can reasonably assume his understanding of the law is insight gleaned from his brown eye.

Don't forget that "a reasonable person" is actually incredibly loving stupid.

Amanda Acopda Hugandkiss

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

With all the poo poo that was 2016-2021 I sometimes have to smile when playing piano man on my phone because Billy Joel thinks punching the new nazis is a good thing.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

LimburgLimbo posted:

The obvious irony here (which no Bucker Tarlchin viewers would have the wherewithal to understand) is that the argument made there; that there becomes little reason to comply with a system that's out to gently caress you, is not wrong in an objective sense, BUT

1) it sure as gently caress doesn't apply to rich conservative white Americans because they system is far more protectionist of them that is justified in any way
2) saying literally this exact same screed about being black in America would be pretty loving on the nose

Enjoy a rather idiotic take on what they are facing labeling it as corporate tyranny. https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/americas-new-corporate-tyranny

quote:

Imagine that you are a resident in a low-population county in 1950. You run afoul of the small group of families who are effectively in charge. Your political and legal rights are unimpaired. You are free to vote and you are free to sue in municipal and county and state courts. The police treat you with unfailing courtesy and respect.

But strange things start to happen. The only newspaper in the county refuses to take ads for your business. The only bank in the county announces that it is closing your account and calling in your mortgage. Your car breaks down and the only garage and service shop in the county refuses to repair it. The only general store in the county refuses your patronage and the few restaurants in the county turn you away at the door. After you lose your business to the newspaper advertising boycott, you try to get a job, but discover that you have been blacklisted by all of the employers in the county. Nobody will hire you.

Are you free, in this scenario, just because there is no official interference with your voting rights and your civil rights? Private power is power, no less than government power. You can be immobilized, impoverished, humiliated, tormented, and perhaps driven to suicide by hostile businesses and banks in an otherwise functioning liberal democracy, just as surely as by the police or military in a dictatorship.

Congrats on rediscovering all on your very own how racism and religious and cultural exclusion can function in a democracy.

You could just have said imagine you are black in the 1950s except you don’t get polite police, fair courts, and you are probably intimidated out of voting. It is adorable how this privileged rear end in a top hat imagines this is some kind of new phenomenon that just showed up. No mention of any history to this concept or how it has played out worldwide for millenia. Nope, only noticed by American conservatives when their privilege is contested.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It would be petty and mean to use this tweet against him should he ever run for president.
it's obviously what he wants. i have no doubt that he'll release some sort of "look at the mean comments from the left" style "dance puppet" story the next time he wants sympathy.

LimburgLimbo posted:

The obvious irony here
the right is soaked in hypocrisy you say??

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Can someone drive a dump truck full of water bottles and drop them on Kemp's front lawn?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:chud: They said 2 million would die, so he actually SAVED 1.6 million! Checkmate libtard

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wow this guy is like a Kierkegaard parable, except [redacted]

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Tace Vim posted:

lol yes I remember the footage from the Capitol with all the hugging and kissing of guards and police

You're right. It was the guards and police who were hugging and kissing the rioters.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

human garbage bag posted:

It's actually very easy to learn because the human brain is evolved to do just that, but with your hands, so it is very easy to train the brain to treat the machinery parts like hands. The complicated part is knowing what to do with the machinery. Digging a hole is very simple so the potential labor pool is large, lowering wages. Operating a da Vinci robot for surgery requires actually knowing how to perform surgery, so wages are very high.

yeah but then you put someone like me with a messed up spatial sense in a backhoe and then watch as I somehow manage to bury myself, and kill eleven people doing so. I crashed a John Deere Gator. I will never operate a vehicle.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol::owned:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Ah good. Looks like Hannity is trying to de-legitimize complaints by Seth Meyers over how much control the gun lobby and GOP have over the lovely situation with gun control legislation. I will be looking forward to Meyers throwing down the gauntlet and making Hannity's face look even dumber on a Closer Look.

The best part is, Hannity can't even directly address the concerns about guns and instead goes straight to personal attacks and insults. Get hosed, you old bastard.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

fast food is unskilled labor.

One failure of the "unskilled labour is for those who didn't bother to get an education or credentials" argument is that industries traditionally considered to be the preserve of teenagers and drop-outs are employing persons who can't get a job in their field at the moment. Either because of the market or because of temporary circumstances. Ever taken an Uber driven by a law graduate waiting for an exam?

To some degree being a professional with a particular set of skills may make it harder to find fall-back employment than if you were a general 'office worker'. You might still see people willing to smirk and go "well you should have thought of that while getting your third degree Mr. Esq." but it certainly doesn't fit the overall narrative.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/abc/status/1375417270420246528?s=21

Lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

hahahah eat poo poo fox. also goddamn georgia turned out to be the biggest shithole of all, figured it was florida.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

There are two distinctions that are being combined here - skilled vs unskilled and white color vs blue collar. People can be a combination of both - a heavy machine operator is skilled blue collar labor, while a call center agent is unskilled white collar labor.

White collar workers have a bad tendency to look down on blue collar workers regardless of skill. An easily replaceable entry level data entry person who going to work in an office at the thinks they are somehow better than the longshoremen that basically keep commerce functioning.

And since it's been brought up, unskilled labor doesn't mean there aren't skills involved, just that they are readily replaceable by someone with brief training. A call center agent who's been on the job for a few years is of course going to have better knowledge of their space, customer service skills, more familiarity with the tools they use, etc. And for those reasons paying attention to training and retention are important even for unskilled labor. But, ultimately if the veteran agent left their job it can be done (if not as well) by a new person even if they don't have specific experience.

The thing missing from the above is educated vs uneducated (in the sense of a college degree). Degrees do provide a level of knowledge, and some white collar industries use them to gatekeep their industries unnecessarily. But it's also possible to be an uneducated, skilled, white collar worker - an IT engineer for example. Or conversely an educated, unskilled, white collar worker - like the data entry example.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 26, 2021

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Lolling that thanks to Trump they never have to actually make another voting machine, they could stay in the black rolling lawsuits against chuds for the next 100 years

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There are two distinctions that are being combined here - skilled vs unskilled and white color vs blue collar. People can be a combination of both - a heavy machine operator is skilled blue collar labor, while a call center agent is unskilled white collar labor.

White collar workers have a bad tendency to look down on blue collar workers regardless of skill. An easily replaceable entry level data entry person who going to work in an office at the thinks they are somehow better than the longshoremen that basically keep commerce functioning.

And since it's been brought up, unskilled labor doesn't mean there aren't skills involved, just that they are readily replaceable by someone with brief training. A call center agent who's been on the job for a few years is of course going to have better knowledge of their space, customer service skills, more familiarity with the tools they use, etc. And for those reasons paying attention to training and retention are important even for unskilled labor. But, ultimately if the veteran agent left their job it can be done (if not as well) by a new person even if they don't have specific experience.

The thing missing from the above is educated vs uneducated (in the sense of a college degree). Degrees do provide a level of knowledge, and some white collar industries use them to gatekeep their industries unnecessarily. But it's also possible to be am uneducated, skilled, white collar worker - an IT engineer for example. Or conversely an educated, unskilled, white collar worker - like the data entry example.

unskilled labor is a term rich industrialists use to justify paying people slave wages. it's total bullshit.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I recently taught myself stir fry cooking, with a wok and everything- I learned about oyster sauce and dark and light soy sauce and peanut oil and all the good stuff; I now make fried rice better than any restaurants I've had it at.

That's not a brag, it's a statement that's made with the utmost of respect and no small amount of incredulity and humility. Me, I made this fantastic meal. I've always loved fried rice!

NOTE: I used to suck at cooking and went to restaurants to eat food because they always did it far better than I ever could; then a pandemic happened

What’s your recipe?

The best fried rice in North America is made at Asiana Garden in Juneau Alaska.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

hahahah eat poo poo fox. also goddamn georgia turned out to be the biggest shithole of all, figured it was florida.

georgia went blue, remind me of how florida went

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Krolm posted:

Lolling that thanks to Trump they never have to actually make another voting machine, they could stay in the black rolling lawsuits against chuds for the next 100 years

The US uses jury trials, Fox has nothing to fear.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fame Douglas posted:

The US uses jury trials, Fox has nothing to fear.

Jury trials for defamation? Nah, I don't think so.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE OFFICE OF DONALD J TRUMP:

WOW! Just saw on the News about the Big Boat stuck in the Panama Canal. Why? Seems like a big "screw up" that his happened, and would never have happened under my watch!

No wonder gas prices are Through the Ceiling under Joe Biden, half of "Our gas" is stuck in the canal but he still refuses to open the KY Pipeline - which would release Billions of Gallons of "Texas Tea" for everyone. Gas would be under $1 a gallon, I bet! Operation Warp Speed looking Great though (I invented this), so at least one thing is "Going good" in the USA (thanks to me!).

Get the boat free (explosives? cranes? where?), get the gas, then things will be MUCH BETTER!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

unskilled labor is a term rich industrialists use to justify paying people slave wages. it's total bullshit.

How does that make any sense? Of course there's a range of skill involved in labor, you can't pretend that the same level of training and experience are required to operate a shovel compared to a 1000 ton excavator. It's all on a range, "unskilled" is shorthand for "less job-specific skills needed".

And yeah no poo poo they should be paid at least a living wage regardless.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

LifeSunDeath posted:

Working for a good union owns. Everyone is super chill and hard working and still gets paid a liveable wage. I'd much rather have a job where you shower after work than one where you shower before.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:sickos: :jackbud:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Jim eagle is a nasty bird.

https://twitter.com/AdamGreen/status/1375254465612238850?s=19

gently caress kemp, I hope someone spanks his stinking rear end in a publix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I was in a weekly group chat with friends last night. Someone brought a friend I didn't know who immediately steered the conversation to how great Trump's border policy was, so I left the meeting. I came back in 15 minutes later and they were still talking. They were listing the reasons whites were unfairly blamed for the 1992 LA riots, and also conveniently leaving out the four white cops who beat a black guy half to death.

So I called him a racist piece of poo poo and left again. People are sad.