Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

Talk is Jericho with Dean Malenko talking Parkinson's, his career and AEW is really good. Dean is really funny as always and his thoughts on how his philosophy gels with what the new guys are doing is an interesting perspective vs what a lot of "old guys" think. Plus his family's method for coping with Parkinson's is pretty unique!
Malenko says Ricky Starks is money and then almost immediately compares him to The Miz* :roflolmao:

*(in terms of 'that guy at the bar that looks like a dick')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

this is so loving good

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

:master:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
"Well Dave, Adam Cole IS little. He's a small person."
"He's bigger than you!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

"Well Dave, Adam Cole IS little. He's a small person."
"He's bigger than you!"

Not convinced this is true.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

my soul dies every time i see that picture because i know how much history is dying on that floor

it's like the library of alexandria if you could hear it burn down every day on a podcast

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
When Dave said Balor was 39 I was like a no way and a quick Google says he is. :psyboom:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The "guess the wrestler's weight and height" digression is perfect Dave and Bryan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretend I edited when Dave was saying “oh no no no” when talking about Adam Cole’s height into the video

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Smoking Crow posted:

my soul dies every time i see that picture because i know how much history is dying on that floor

it's like the library of alexandria if you could hear it burn down every day on a podcast

You're more angry about the office than the VHS shed?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

When Dave said Balor was 39 I was like a no way and a quick Google says he is. :psyboom:

He's been in WWE for nearly seven years.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

GoutPatrol posted:

You're more angry about the office than the VHS shed?

i'm pretty sure that those tapes exist elsewhere if you know who to talk to, and those particular tapes are a lost cause

the papers are stuff that could be saved right now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

i'm pretty sure that those tapes exist elsewhere if you know who to talk to, and those particular tapes are a lost cause

the papers are stuff that could be saved right now

And he has them right there, so calm down.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

my dream is for us to somehow find dave and wade's answering machine from the 90s in working condition just for the insanity paul heyman and eddie gilbert would vomit onto tape

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTWQCcIk2M

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've been seeing people trying to claim Tay Conti as a PC success story because "whatever she's learning at AEW was built on 4 years at the PC"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pylons posted:

I've been seeing people trying to claim Tay Conti as a PC success story because "whatever she's learning at AEW was built on 4 years at the PC"
She's literally learned to walk again after four years of the PC.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

She's literally learned to walk again after four years of the PC.

Exact same people were like "wow she's still bad!" a few months ago too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

The other side of the same coin is them saying "well she's only shiving in AEW because who would they have put her in front of in NXT, there was so much more talent there that earned their spot in the queue."

Which entirely ignores her ring work if you ever saw her in NXT or character work or most of all that you had this talent and just left her to flounder in developmental and not develop her because well others came first.

Meanwhile Roderick Strong has been there for five years learning to work.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am Tay Conti

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pylons posted:

She was god awful in NXT and she was pretty green when she joined AEW, let's not re-write history here. Now that she's got to be Tay, she's gotten to lean into her strengths. She's a legitimate black belt, she got to use her background to drag Nyla around like a rag doll without making Nyla looking weak. She was still a deer in headlights months ago, but AEW tries to make sure as many people look credible as possible.

e: Can't spell

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 26, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

She was god awful in NXT and she was pretty green when she joined AEW, let's not re-write history here. Now that she's got to be Tay, she's gotten to lean into her strengths. She's a legitimate black belt, she got to use her background to drag Nyla around like a rag doll without making Nyle looking weak. She might've still been a dear in headlights months ago, but AEW tries to make sure as many people look credible as possible.

I don't disagree, she was still pretty rough (though you could definitely see her potential outside of NXT/WWE in the tag tournament) it's just funny how now they can't even deny that she's pretty good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

I don't disagree, she was still pretty rough (though you could definitely see her potential outside of NXT/WWE in the tag tournament) it's just funny how now they can't even deny that she's pretty good.

you'd think but when tde giffed the sick-rear end dragon screw from the Tay/Nyla tournament match the first comments were like "Wow i can't believe they botched a simple leg sweep" and "Typical AEW women's division crylaughingemoji"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

She was god awful in NXT and she was pretty green when she joined AEW, let's not re-write history here. Now that she's got to be Tay, she's gotten to lean into her strengths. She's a legitimate black belt, she got to use her background to drag Nyla around like a rag doll without making Nyla looking weak. She was still a deer in headlights months ago, but AEW tries to make sure as many people look credible as possible.

e: Can't spell

It was fine to be skeptical of her a year ago or even 6 months ago (the improvement was obvious but it's ok to be skeptical) but a few months ago she was legitimately having good performances every time out on the Brodie tribute and then the Serena Deeb match, plus good squashes on Dark.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It would be an indictment on the PC if their goal was to actually develop talent rather than break people down to fit the WWE cult.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

You can still acknowledge that someone’s showing significant improvement even if they’re still green.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just really enjoyed Dave losing his poo poo over how much WWE hosed up with Tay. Like yeah, WWE spends 20 million on training and they hosed up with a potential huge star who has massively improved just by leaving and working with a couple real trainers, Dustin and QT and whoever else. Vince absolutely should be pissed if he had any idea what is actually going on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just really enjoyed Dave losing his poo poo over how much WWE hosed up with Tay. Like yeah, WWE spends 20 million on training and they hosed up with a potential huge star who has massively improved just by leaving and working with a couple real trainers, Dustin and QT and whoever else. Vince absolutely should be pissed if he had any idea what is actually going on.

"You get this girl from Brazil, and she's really athletic, and she's got a good look, and a bit of charisma, and you try to teach her wrestling, and she SUCKS! Then she leaves, and suddenly she's really good! If you're Vince you gotta be thinking "what the gently caress!"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The performance center has a pretty awful track record but the women that are lucky enough to work on NXT regularly almost always get better so I don't know if you get to access a different trainer there or what.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/lancestorm/status/1375279704446394372

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rick posted:

The performance center has a pretty awful track record but the women that are lucky enough to work on NXT regularly almost always get better so I don't know if you get to access a different trainer there or what.

In wwe everyone pretty much learns to work the same way. Which for some people works. Tay though has legit martial arts training and I’m betting that the wwe style kind of makes you work against that rather than work with it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lmao

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE has always trained people wrong as a joke. Every single WWE feeder system has had gently caress all success and has only retrospectively had any success when people made it to the main roster and massively improved after the fact when they're around guys who aren't trying to just break them down as people.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The whole point of the PC isn't to train wrestlers, it's to indoctrinate people into the cult. Once you realize that fact, everything else they do makes perfect sense.

Benne fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 26, 2021

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rudo Wrestling is back with a recap of this week's Dynamite! The hosts have an interesting theory as to why QT Marshall is so angry....

https://twitter.com/RudoWrestling/status/1375461550119550979

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE has always trained people wrong as a joke. Every single WWE feeder system has had gently caress all success and has only retrospectively had any success when people made it to the main roster and massively improved after the fact when they're around guys who aren't trying to just break them down as people.

iirc don't people from the PC usually have similar injuries due to a predilection towards working out certain types of your body a certain way? I can't remember the specifics of this but I've heard it a bunch

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
someone uploaded the whole Kayfabe Commentaries shoot with Bret on Youtube. it's an essential listen if you've never went through it before. It's not a YouShoot so there's no dumb sleazy poo poo, it's just two hours of quality information and content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnIdItX-pSA

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Low Desert Punk posted:

someone uploaded the whole Kayfabe Commentaries shoot with Bret on Youtube. it's an essential listen if you've never went through it before. It's not a YouShoot so there's no dumb sleazy poo poo, it's just two hours of quality information and content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnIdItX-pSA

Thanks for this. Watching now, it's fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1375495988840853504?s=20