Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Wait does charge actually give charge again?

yeah https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com...ist-of-unnerfs/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

If you're referring to the theorycrafting streams, they also have an arbitrary marketing requirement that all decks crafted and played need to use 10+ cards from the new set, which nearly guarantees by definition they won't be optimized. So anyone netdecking from those are putting themselves at a disadvantage (typically) anyways.

That said, a majority of the legwork on experiencing interactions and ideas towards next-step tweaking does get spoiled by these streams.

Take for example this 5-day pocket meta: even though the initial Warrior Charge deck was solved pretty fast, it would have sucked if streamers had a chance to play this a week before it came out, preparing everyone in advance:

### OTK Pocket
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Inner Rage
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (1) Shield of Honor
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
# 2x (3) Charge
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 2x (7) Bloodboil Brute
#
AAECAQcC3q0Dk9ADDhbYApAD1ATcqQPdrQOktgO7uQOcuwOR0AP31AO13gPB3gOR5AMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

is risky skipper the only barov activator? seems iffy

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

GTO posted:

Any other good standard decks with the unnerfed cards? Feels like it's time for a last blast on some off meta galakrond and highlander decks. I threw together a galakrond quest shaman and it felt reasonable.

Highlander Galakrond Quest Shaman is the way to go, really.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is risky skipper the only barov activator? seems iffy

? This has been standard in Enrage Warrior builds for months.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duels and maybe Arena now have Forged in the Barrens cards in it.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

L0cke17 posted:

Anyone playing quest rogue in wild: Try pen flinger out, it's an absolutely fantastic way to activate quest on turn 2-3 if you draw any of your cheap spells.

yeah 2x pen flingers and the 2x Bloodsail Flybooter and you can pretty much guarantee having the quest done by turn 3.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Having played a good few matches with it just now, I feel confident in saying that unnerfing quest rogue is probably going to be a mistake

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Control warlock with Jaraxxus is really strong. Also small spell mage with arcane(?) giants and conjurer's calling.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
scroll of wonder > survival of the fittest in duels is bullshit :mad:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
opened 80 prepurchase packs and only got 2 legendaries smh

at least the pity timer is almost at 40

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Having played a good few matches with it just now, I feel confident in saying that unnerfing quest rogue is probably going to be a mistake

It loses like 70% of the time to secret mage, so it's fine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cry Havoc posted:

Oh we can already make a fireside tavern to open them? Nice.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

The legendaries from this set are very underwhelming from what i've seen, the only one that has really stood out as being must include in most decks is Kazakus. You are not even allowed to have any other 4 cost cards in your deck with him so you won't miss the other nine 4 cost legendary cards :)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

L0cke17 posted:

It loses like 70% of the time to secret mage, so it's fine.

EVERYTHING loses most of the time to secret mage, so that's not a surprise.

Quest Rogue DOES seem to be good at breaking the back of Big Priest though which is nice.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So people were saying that the next Tavern Pass has extra value because of Diamond Samuro. Since the Diamond version counts for the "no dupes" rule when opening packs, it makes sense that if you ARE going to get the pass you should buy it before opening any new packs so that you eliminate the chance of getting him. Is that right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So people were saying that the next Tavern Pass has extra value because of Diamond Samuro. Since the Diamond version counts for the "no dupes" rule when opening packs, it makes sense that if you ARE going to get the pass you should buy it before opening any new packs so that you eliminate the chance of getting him. Is that right?

Actually normal and golden Samuro(and golden Mankrik) have full dust refunds for a week so you should open packs first. If you get one of them that’s a free legendary of your choice.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

RatHat posted:

Actually normal and golden Samuro(and golden Mankrik) have full dust refunds for a week so you should open packs first. If you get one of them that’s a free legendary of your choice.

Holy moly, my son opened me a golden Mankrik, golden Samuro and golden mage legendary (10/10 deal 10 to all enemies if hero power used sufficiently). That's going to be 4 free legendaries from Dust.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I know that this is a minor stupid thing, but the fact that the blue glowing aura around the Play button won't go away is driving me nuts.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Devo posted:

I know that this is a minor stupid thing, but the fact that the blue glowing aura around the Play button won't go away is driving me nuts.

oh yeah i hate that sort of thing.

A while back i got a card from one of the old expansions.. i think i crafted it for duels when it came out.. I could claim an achievement for having x amount of cards from that expansion, but i couldn't figure out how to get that section of the achievements menu to scroll down since my mouse at home doesn't have a wheel. It drove me insane for like 2 weeks until i figured out where to point the cursor at so i could drag 2 fingers on my touchpad together and get access to that menu to click the achievement.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Holy moly, my son opened me a golden Mankrik, golden Samuro and golden mage legendary (10/10 deal 10 to all enemies if hero power used sufficiently). That's going to be 4 free legendaries from Dust.

You are a lucky sonofabitch. You've basically guaranteed a full set there. (The mage legendary is also looking super fun.)

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Starsfan posted:

The legendaries from this set are very underwhelming from what i've seen, the only one that has really stood out as being must include in most decks is Kazakus. You are not even allowed to have any other 4 cost cards in your deck with him so you won't miss the other nine 4 cost legendary cards :)

thanks feel a bit better

got the dh deathrattle and mage hp legendaries, will try out the mage deck it seems fun

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
WHY CRUEL WORLD, WHY

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I have played one game of standard against Rogue and decided I’m not a fan of this weird pocket meta. I’m off to wild until the 30th

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I got 3 legendary cards in the mega bundle, which is probably my worst pack opening in a long time. I was 3 packs short of the pity timer each time haha.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Olpainless posted:

You are a lucky sonofabitch. You've basically guaranteed a full set there. (The mage legendary is also looking super fun.)

My son really does seem to have abnormally good luck. He got me 3 golden legendaries and 3 regulars from a single mega bundle pre-order. Much better than I used to do in my older pre-orders before he was old enough to take an interest.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I had forgotten how much of Classic HS was about assembling the pieces to kill you from an empty board.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
never leaving a goddamn totem up again
https://hsreplay.net/replay/dGWLeV62bdm5NHjiaxKWwk

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I just tried to start three Classic games in a row (playing as Druid) and got three straight instant concedes from a Paladin, Druid and Priest respectively. Are people just already tired of ForceRoar all over again?

EDIT: And my fourth game was against a Mage who went AFK but not really AFK; they just let the rope burn down every turn without ever going to 'Your Opponent Left' so they were, I guess, sitting around in another window waiting for the game to end for some reason.

NorgLyle fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 27, 2021

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Even if you clear the totems every turn, they can suddenly have two 10/10s from hand that'll be doubled next turn.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

NorgLyle posted:

I just tried to start three Classic games in a row (playing as Druid) and got three straight instant concedes from a Paladin, Druid and Priest respectively. Are people just already tired of ForceRoar all over again?

EDIT: And my fourth game was against a Mage who went AFK but not really AFK; they just let the rope burn down every turn without ever going to 'Your Opponent Left' so they were, I guess, sitting around in another window waiting for the game to end for some reason.
I encountered one of those today too, a shaman who just hero powered and let the rope burn every turn. Getting a "play X games" or "x number of hero powers" quest done? Or a really basic bot for reward XP grinding?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

No Murlocs you say...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I think my best moment today was completing and playing the Rogue quest on turn 3.

T1: mulliganed into two Target Dummies and Daring Escape, played them and bounced them back.
T2: pass
T3: play the dummies again, then Prep into the quest reward.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

I think my best moment today was completing and playing the Rogue quest on turn 3.

T1: mulliganed into two Target Dummies and Daring Escape, played them and bounced them back.
T2: pass
T3: play the dummies again, then Prep into the quest reward.

You monster.

I'm Finally a bit happier with my quest rogue list, and more importantly my mulligan strategy vs priest. Been just fuckin OTKing them back to back to back tonight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did alright with my 60 pack bundle, got 4 legendaries but most of them aren't great: Kurtus Ashfallen, Mordresh Fire-eye, Bru'kan, and Blademaster Samuro(aka a free legendary of my choice). Still have almost 10k gold to spend on packs+Battlegrounds pass though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 27, 2021

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

RatHat posted:

Did alright with my 60 pack bundle, got 4 legendaries but most of them aren't great: Kurtus Ashfallen, Mordresh Fire-eye, Bru'kan, and Blademaster Samuro(aka a free legendary of my choice). Still have almost 10k gold to spend on packs+Tavern pass though.

Pass is not very likely to be up for gold though :(

Everyone opening their packs via some tavern thing? I was always curious how to get that going, but :effort: since you can't really use them yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Everyone opening their packs via some tavern thing? I was always curious how to get that going, but :effort: since you can't really use them yet.

Yeah you can make your own Fireside gathering, set it for an hour-ish ahead, then wait like 5 minutes and you can start it ingame to open your packs.

EDIT: And yeah I think the Tavern pass is money only, meant the Battlegrounds pass.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 27, 2021

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

To open your packs you create a fireside gathering. You can put in whatever you want in every field as long as it's numbers, letters, and spaces only. In-game there's an option to join/start a fireside gathering in the same menu as add a friend. Click it and you'll start a fireside gathering. You'll see the options for a bunch of brawls, but just exit out to the main menu. You can now open your packs.

In my free megabundle I got 16 epics (2 golden), 9 legendaries (2 golden), and 13 gold rares. :yayclod:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

God I cannot loving wait for puzzle box to rotate, the amount of solarians I’ve seen cast it tonight has been disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, so many more options to bounce things back to your hand than when it first came out.