Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
natalie portman's entire schtick is screaming for help with her eyes, it's foundational to every role she's ever played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1374723958990381064?s=19

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
A common ... fuh .... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhck :rant:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

America still has a boundary drawn through it by the fluffiness of flour, and it's been reunited for 100 years longer than Vietnam has.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

clamming up: how a simple chowder betrays the lingering divisions of the third anglo-dutch war

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

fridge corn posted:

What is the good frasier?

even with all these old white dudes in suits to choose from i couldnt find a good frasier lineup other than martin

there is however a killer costanza

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1375523238692933641?s=20

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

after several years of record growth, the U.S. Left has, as its central figures, AOC, Jimmy Dore, and Vaush. things are looking up!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
the good news is that it doesn't actually have those as the central figures. maybe some slice of what you might call "the online left" does? but they're totally marginal except for AOC, and most organizing leftists i know see AOC at most as a notch in the dsa's belt as opposed to a source of direction or strategy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ferrinus posted:

the good news is that it doesn't actually have those as the central figures. maybe some slice of what you might call "the online left" does? but they're totally marginal except for AOC, and most organizing leftists i know see AOC at most as a notch in the dsa's belt as opposed to a source of direction or strategy

I know, I'm generating some content for the thread. For real, I do hate how much space these people occupy and the time, energy, attention devoted to talking about them. It is just completely unnecessary, especially for someone like Vaush, and it blows my mind every time I read about him that any aspect of him is impressive to anyone, which is impressive in and of itself.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
i almost appreciate vaush for being such an archetypical example of western-chauvinist "leftism." he and his following are extremely instructive, just not in the way they want to be

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s too much nested poo poo in this tweet for me to understand it. What is this?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

i almost appreciate vaush for being such an archetypical example of western-chauvinist "leftism." he and his following are extremely instructive, just not in the way they want to be

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There’s too much nested poo poo in this tweet for me to understand it. What is this?

someone who loves hot takes about necrophilia , grooming and loving cops

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/anti_minotaur/status/1375583039607222280?s=20
https://twitter.com/anti_minotaur/status/1375587622442123271?s=20

powerful ratio. workers must be morally pure before they can win victories.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

i dunno who got everyone to start saying 'full stop' all the time over the past couple months but I wish they hadn't

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Spergin Morlock posted:

i dunno who got everyone to start saying 'full stop' all the time over the past couple months but I wish they hadn't

’twas Perfidious Albion.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spergin Morlock posted:

That's it. That's the tweet.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Spergin Morlock posted:

also it isn't even loving used correctly in this instance. I hate this poo poo and that tweet thread is bad and gently caress

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

indigi posted:

also it isn't even loving used correctly in this instance. I hate this poo poo and that tweet thread is bad and gently caress
"Full stop, and--"

buddy. buddy.

just imagining someone adding to old classic going "I'm not racist, full stop, but--"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
does anyone have a historical example of these "wake-up calls" everyone's always hoping for

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

DoubleDonut posted:

does anyone have a historical example of these "wake-up calls" everyone's always hoping for

they usually involve mass murder, but Americans are pretty desensitized to that. although last year's protests give me hope that if it's the state doing it people can still get pissed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's it. That's the tweet.

you thought it was the tea, sis, but it was me, Dio!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1375473405366050820

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what a loving idiot

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

indigi posted:

what a loving idiot

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Matt is right

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I, what

I take it he's the kind that cooks only with copperware

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why do people hate his sister so much? He seems like the real piece of poo poo in that family. A kind of nega-Shapiro situation where they’re Catholic instead of Jewish and tepid libs, but still push out garbage takes hundreds of times a day.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Victory Position posted:

I, what

I take it he's the kind that cooks only with copperware

microwaves

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Induction hobs are superior

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why do people hate his sister so much? He seems like the real piece of poo poo in that family. A kind of nega-Shapiro situation where they’re Catholic instead of Jewish and tepid libs, but still push out garbage takes hundreds of times a day.

Matt is good

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i'm bored of the threads i'm in, can a few people sum up what this thread is, should i post

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jose posted:

Induction hobs are superior

does that not work depending on the material?

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

THS posted:

i'm bored of the threads i'm in, can a few people sum up what this thread is, should i post

It’s for posting over the top takes that sound like shitposts but are meant with sincerity

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Victory Position posted:

does that not work depending on the material?
Anything magnetic works. It’s basically copper and aluminum you can’t use.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
my gas stove cost like 40 bucks new so nah, i won't be shelling out hundreds to use basically the same or more amount of fossil fuels matty

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I mean, it’s one therm, Michael. What could it cost? Ten dollars?

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Hedenius posted:

Anything magnetic works. It’s basically copper and aluminum you can’t use.

Can't tilt the pan over induction. Like I can see why you would want to reduce gas hobbs but you can't ban them. TBH I see it getting supported by those who will be grandfathered in in order to increase property prices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

one of these days i'm probably gonna accidentally bust the ceramic stove top in my apartment because the only thing it's good at is getting cleaned

but at least it's not induction and also ceramic