Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
So the "2 random golden legendaries" of the megabundle we'll get Barren goes live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Boatswain posted:

So the "2 random golden legendaries" of the megabundle we'll get Barren goes live?

Yup.

9 legendaries unpacked here, which was a slightly above average haul. 1 was golden. Still got a bunch of gold and the class packs to break as well on release.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Olpainless posted:

Yup.

9 legendaries unpacked here, which was a slightly above average haul. 1 was golden. Still got a bunch of gold and the class packs to break as well on release.

I ended up with 5, including a Golden Kergal and regular Samuro.

I ended up also getting a complete set of all legendaries + epics for Priest. Something that's been happening early in each expansion, it seems Blizzard is trying to tell me something.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Another expansion, another disappointing haul of cards.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Boatswain posted:

I ended up with 5, including a Golden Kergal and regular Samuro.

I ended up also getting a complete set of all legendaries + epics for Priest. Something that's been happening early in each expansion, it seems Blizzard is trying to tell me something.

Yeah, I had that happen too. Still don't want to actually play priest though!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Got 7 legendaries, one was golden. Didn’t get all of them I wanted but I pulled Tamsin which is nice. Hoping I can round out most of them from the legendaries I get when the set releases.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Boatswain posted:

I got the non-merc Priest legendary. It actually looks like it might be fun to try a tempo priest deck out and I won't feel guilty now that Infiltrator and the Khartut guy are rotating out so it can he a tempo match instead of just throwing up a wall and resurrecting it.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
I’m trying to rank up before the end of the season and my wins aren’t counting. What gives? A bug? I’m not actually playing ranked?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Rhaegar posted:

I’m trying to rank up before the end of the season and my wins aren’t counting. What gives? A bug? I’m not actually playing ranked?

I got this bug once, relog and try again

edit: the symptom I saw is if you queue a ranked match but can't see your own rank in the match, it's bugged and the match won't count

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 27, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I got Scabbs and Kazakus and some other crap but those are the two I wanted. Have some gold and dust to fill in gaps if need be.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

First time I don't preorder. I have 15k gold and about the same dust so I'll see how it goes. I might get the pass though.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'm pretty much just playing Classic mode to get achievements, but playing these decks is making me feel like a baller. I didn't realize just how many golden classic cards I've collected over the years. My decks are about 80% gold.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lister posted:

I'm pretty much just playing Classic mode to get achievements, but playing these decks is making me feel like a baller. I didn't realize just how many golden classic cards I've collected over the years. My decks are about 80% gold.

Yeah same, it's pretty cool.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I had a warrior and a death rattle quest so I put together a rush undertaker deck and tore up 3 games of casual today.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I've encountered my first quest rogue in duels and i loving hate it. No comment beyond that. Just loving sucks.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I'm brand new. This game is a lot of fun, but drat am I bad at it. But it's one of the few games I enjoy playing even when I lose.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
The meta is weird now. Whether I win or lose, every game ends with me thinking, "that was some bullshit". The new set/year should hopefully reboot things.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm jamming force roar druid in classic and today I've faced 12 miracle rogues in a row

Which is a pretty faithful recreation of 2014 Hearthstone

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

I'm jamming force roar druid in classic and today I've faced 12 miracle rogues in a row

I've pretty much only played against Rogue, Druid, and Warlock in classic. I think they forgot to add Priest and Shaman.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Beasteh posted:

sap is some crazy poo poo in classic. Every game as druid is just terror of that card.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Heres what I’ve been having the most fun with during the pocket meta. Send off to my favorite set of last year (Uldum) featuring the second strongest card draw engine in hearthstones history: 2 mana starving buzzard

### Buzzards in the Desert
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 1x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Mystery Winner
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (3) Desert Spear
# 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
# 2x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (6) Veranus
#
AAECAbv5AwaAB6SlA9iyA/O3A4O5A4/jAwyxCNkJ2wnHnQPkpAO7pQOYqQOOrQP/ugO50gOz3gPy4QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Buzzard + adorable infestation, buzzard + desert spear, good old buzzard + unleash, even buzzard + locusts for 6 attack of rush while casually drawing 6 cards

I might put shu’ma back in but honestly I haven’t been missing him too much

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Maybe something gets unlocked, but I thought all Classic cards were free? Is that not the case? Do those still have to be crafted?

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

I'm brand new. This game is a lot of fun, but drat am I bad at it. But it's one of the few games I enjoy playing even when I lose.

Same here, most of the time. But there are a few decks that are irritating to play agaisnt, whether I win or lose. Mainly wild mill decks and resurrect priest decks, plus a few other custom ones. In general though, most games are fun.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Nybble posted:

Maybe something gets unlocked, but I thought all Classic cards were free? Is that not the case? Do those still have to be crafted?

No, Core Set cards are free (out in 2 days).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Same here, most of the time. But there are a few decks that are irritating to play agaisnt, whether I win or lose. Mainly wild mill decks and resurrect priest decks, plus a few other custom ones. In general though, most games are fun.

I don't wanna scare you away from the game nor tempt you to the dark side but playing against Res Priest always sucks.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
wow i used to be a lot better at miracle rogue

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way Ysera has a full dust refund now. Probably a good dust since it’s rotating and it’s not amazing anyway.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm enjoying the Duels changes and I can already see some of the new cards becoming staples. I'm seeing a lot of people trying the Ungoro quests but the only one which seems legitimately good is the new Rogue Connections (it adds a random 1-cost minion instead) with Ace in the Hole. Harvest Time Druid got hit hard with the banning of Tour Guide and Lightning Bloom, and the other Druid powers still don't seem great. Still seeing a lot of Discard Warlock.

Haven't managed to crack 12 wins in the new meta yet. I've gone 11-3 with Mage and just now with Shaman, and both decks were running Golden Kobold with Disks of Legend, which is fast becoming my favourite Duels deck. My Shaman deck even had the new passive which makes your Battlecry minions cost one less, but I got a bad draw on my final game against a Deathrattle Hunter. Might not have won anyway because he had the 1% chance Captured Flag which is just disgustingly good.

I think Mage, Hunter, and Warlock are probably doing best at the moment. Warlock is going to get a big boost in a couple of days when you can put this into your starting deck :

Duels decks start on 16 cards, so for your first few games that's a 6/6 Taunt on like turn 2-3.

edit : Speaking of Captured Flag, I just got it on a bad Paladin deck I was testing when I was 1-2. Ended on 3-3 but at least I learned that Humble Blessings overwrites it.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 29, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Diligent Notetaker-ing a bunch of Dragon's Packs is a good laugh.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I think there's something broken with the new Barrens Quests, the 'It'll Take More Than That' quest says you need to be a Warrior but I just achieved the first level of it as Hunter.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

victorious posted:

I think there's something broken with the new Barrens Quests, the 'It'll Take More Than That' quest says you need to be a Warrior but I just achieved the first level of it as Hunter.

It would be more suprising if there wasn't something broken with new content.

Yeah I got a bunch of progress towards some class specific quests when not playing those classes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Someone told me to hold on to quests to save them for the new rewards track. I wasn't going to, but then I kept getting 900 xp quests, so I guess I will. Now to make sure i roll my xp over the last level of the rewards to get the 50g before the track resets.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

Someone told me to hold on to quests to save them for the new rewards track. I wasn't going to, but then I kept getting 900 xp quests, so I guess I will. Now to make sure i roll my xp over the last level of the rewards to get the 50g before the track resets.

I just checked and couldn't find anything conclusive, but does anyone know for sure if we should be hoarding quests for more XP or emptying them in case they give us special pack quests?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I just checked and couldn't find anything conclusive, but does anyone know for sure if we should be hoarding quests for more XP or emptying them in case they give us special pack quests?
There's now a 4th quest slot which is reserved for special quests so you don't need to worry about that.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Wish I could buy Forged packs with gold before release, I'd love to get started with building decks I'll actually be able to use.

e: had a stupid deck idea for wild. Original C'thun Taunt Warrior. Otherwise a normal C'thun deck, but play that old 1/4 minion that gives C'thun Taunt, use Bulk Up to copy it and play 3 of them to close out games.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 29, 2021

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Someone on Team 5 really loves warrior because they gave them an absurd 4 drop axe and 5 a drop taunt thats 8/8 worth of stats if they attacked the turn you play it

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Lol if you play it as "just" a 5 mana 8/8 instead of getting a hit off Bulk Up and Feat of Strength (give a taunt minion in your hand +5/+5) for a 20/20 play that you then follow up with another 20/20 play next turn.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

victorious posted:

I mean, that has been happening since Darkmoon Faire started. I have had plenty of quests completed as the class it's not targeted for. Especially when playing Rogue and getting cards from your opponents class.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I mean, that has been happening since Darkmoon Faire started. I have had plenty of quests completed as the class it's not targeted for. Especially when playing Rogue and getting cards from your opponents class.

Yeah that's the case for quite a few quests but this one specifically says 'as a Warrior' as part of the achievement's text rather than just being put under Warrior in the achievement list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Parked my account 29 exp over a 50g unlock, 4/5 on ladder games won and progress on 4 other quests with an open spot for another daily. Should be able to pop up to lvl27 or so within a couple of games of the new track opening up.