Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Dual Swords are so sick. The switch skill that lets you vault up into the air rules.... I've been blessed by The Wheel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm so glad they brought back the savage axe mode from iceborne and made it even cooler, it feels wicked sick to just grind these motherfuckers into dust with the bloodborne buzzsaw

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Love that multiplayer is so seamless. Join a group and go hunt with almost no loading an no lag.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's some technical magic happening with how stable this game is and how small the load times are

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

LBG is incedible, just vaulting over the mons and plugging them with wyvernblast over and over, then just spamming shrapnel shot to pop the mines really quickly is never getting old

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

there's some technical magic happening with how stable this game is and how small the load times are

Its hard to believe mhgu is on the same platform lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bishaten is so cool. I was delighted the first time I staggered him when he was cradling an armload of fruit and it staggered everywhere letting me pick up a bunch of unique in-mission consumables

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
game’s incredible

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

I just wish I had more time to play, only gotten to rank 3

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1375814308806938629

Stay safe hunters.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It’s really impressive for the Switch and it looks really nice too

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Never played a MH before...is this something that you can pick up for 20 minutes at a time?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the monster intros are sick

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

Bouillon Rube posted:

Never played a MH before...is this something that you can pick up for 20 minutes at a time?

sure, the single player quests are a breeze to play. Rise also heralds the return of the glorious "pause" feature

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bouillon Rube posted:

Yeah, the hunts themselves at least. There can be a lot of in between time where you're fiddling with the equipment you want to use but that's also fun and pretty quick

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bouillon Rube posted:

yeah i used to play monster hunter on my commute, for single player you can put it down and pick it back up at pretty short notice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ok, after doing a couple hub quests with a full party this game fully kicks rear end. It runs very smoothly even with 4 people and dogs and a bunch of monsters on screen. I switched over to hammer

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
can wait to get home and zip around on wirebugs and wallrun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idefYMHbcS8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Switch Axe, Charge Blade and LBG have been my faves so far but I have lots of weapons to try. The LBG wirebug move where you do a huge power slide while firing is pretty sick

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fartlancer posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is rapidly turning me into a MonHunHead. The feeling when you do a hub quest and then 3 other people join you is indescribable

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://streamable.com/8k1z8w
gunlance

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should set up an Imp Zone Hunter Channel or w/e they're called, it lets you just open a room under the guild name and anyone can check it when they log in to see if there are open hub slots

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

We should set up an Imp Zone Hunter Channel or w/e they're called, it lets you just open a room under the guild name and anyone can check it when they log in to see if there are open hub slots

:stare:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

Dual Swords are so sick. The switch skill that lets you vault up into the air rules.... I've been blessed by The Wheel

lol i chose switch axe because i had just been doing double swords in world and they seemed good but boring, but it feels like switch axe is that, and that they made dual swords better

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

In Training posted:

set it up

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

That’s awesome

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Spoderman posted:

yeah i used to play monster hunter on my commute, for single player you can put it down and pick it back up at pretty short notice

now I'm trying to remember if 4U and Generations had StreetPass features

oh my god

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
they did

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Only thing I don't like is the multiple buddy system, I wish it worked like World where you could just change your Palico's specialization instead of having to switch between them. Feels impersonal, and I don't think you can "breed" skills onto them by training anymore so not sure what the point is. Other than that this is the most fun i've ever had playing Monster Hunter

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my only complaint is that the canteen song sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Magnamalo whips rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat the first level 2 hub quest and took a break and I just keep thinking about monster Hunter

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it’s so impossible to put this game down. completely at the mercy of my addiction lol, the music is in my head the moment i put the switch on standby

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
The music is phenomenal especially the village music

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm addicted to the hitsparks when you land the buzzsaw charge blade move

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Set it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I'm addicted to the hitsparks when you land the buzzsaw charge blade move

lol my palico put a monster in a series of traps and i just went to fuckin work on its rear end, and the sparks and explosions and damage numbers blooming off of it for like a minute straight was doing some 2001 a space odyssey poo poo to my visual cortex. its so epic