Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Sweat teams beat everyone.

Most swf aren't sweat teams tho. You sucked or faced someone with more experience than you. Go after the weakest links. Victory through treachery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh I definitely suck. I haven't played in six months, and I didn't play a lot back then either. Which is kinda why it'd be nice to play against teams who aren't doing 720 yolo no-scope headshot ollies on me all the time.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

More balanced teams comes. The problem I faced (haven't played in a month) was how much variance there was based on when I played. Some days, its was fine. Other days, it was off. Competition is inconsistent. So, adapt.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
A sweat squad is a maximally optimal group that will do poo poo like let people die on first hook to slam out gens. They'll all stay injured for the whole match because they're all running adrenaline. That kind of stuff, and unless you're playing Nurse or maybe Spirit there's not a lot you can do. But I'm going to bet the people you're going against aren't sacrificing fun for optimal play, they're just better than you. Which is fine because you can beat them. They're only better than you for now.

And you might not realize it, but the inverse of your situation is true. You're going to go up against people you're better than. That's just kinda the nature of a competitive game with barebones matchmaking. As Cease to Hope pointed out, you're also not going to get away from it, so the best thing to do is to work on your approach to dealing with them.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 26, 2021

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

bilibili200k

Code for 200k BP.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://v.redd.it/tqdztc4qf9p61/DASH_1080.mp4

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I tried Wraith for the first time since like 2017, and holy poo poo did he get buffed since then? He runs around insanely fast now - like 'sanic gotta go fast' speed - and seems pretty OP with the right add-ons. :stare: I just did a 4k with ease.

I didn't realize Shadowborn was a Wraith perk and it's pretty jarring to have the wider FOV.

E: I completed all of the tome entries for "The Cleansing of Crotus Penn" but I still have "Crash and Burn" and "In Search of Things Lost" totally locked. It says I need to complete Master Challenges to unlock these entries. Should I just keep going on my tome challenges then? Or do I need to unlock the set first? How can I choose the memories?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 27, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

He got uuuuh, windstorm I think, one of his old add-ons make base kit now yeah, he's actually speedy while invis now and significantly better feeling than he used to be.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
He got the original lunge boosting windstorm in his base kit, and he's about to get the speed boost while invisible windstorm rolled into his base kit. If you're using current windstorm though, yeah he's actually pretty fast while stealth so he feels good. Not at all OP though.

Master Challenges are any archive challenge that you have to do in one match (I think). They're not all currently in yet, so if you've done all those then just wait for page 4 of the archive challenges to drop.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Yardbomb posted:

He got uuuuh, windstorm I think, one of his old add-ons make base kit now yeah, he's actually speedy while invis now and significantly better feeling than he used to be.

Yeah, I remember him being clunky and slow as poo poo a long time ago, but now he's like a swift assassin. I even bought the Shadow Walker rare outfit set so he looks like a proper edgelord. :razz:

Fake edit: poo poo, even though I only got a 1k just this match, I actually got complimented by a rank 1 Survivor as a good killer. :unsmith:

Actual edit: hahaha I just had the funniest match just now. The Survivors were pretty good and had gotten all of the gens done. But their Bill kept looping near the Killer Shack, so I backhooked him and used him as bait. Sure enough, another Survivor comes to unhook him and I uncloak on the stairs and down the Bill again. For some reason, the other Survivor was either terrified or defeated so she just stood in a corner trying to hide and I hooked her along with Bill. Then, like clockwork, another Survivor swoops in and I timed it just right to lift him off a save attempt and hooked him too. So what seemed like just a 1k instantly snowballed into a 3k in the matter of like ten seconds. They didn't even bother waiting around, just committing seppuku on their hooks while the last Survivor opened the exit gates and immediately got the hell out of Dodge.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 27, 2021

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

E: I completed all of the tome entries for "The Cleansing of Crotus Penn" but I still have "Crash and Burn" and "In Search of Things Lost" totally locked. It says I need to complete Master Challenges to unlock these entries. Should I just keep going on my tome challenges then? Or do I need to unlock the set first? How can I choose the memories?

Generally the tome challenges associated with story unlocks are hexagon shaped, while generic non-story tome challenges are diamond shaped. They also have a square shape in this tome associated with the Red Glyph challenges I think haven't been used before.

The story unlock ones will have a little thing in brown lettering at the bottom noting which story it'll unlock an entry for. You always unlock story entries in order even if you skip around in the tome (so skipping level one and doing a story unlock in level two will unlock the very next locked entry, rather than a specific entry.)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pyrolocutus posted:

Generally the tome challenges associated with story unlocks are hexagon shaped, while generic non-story tome challenges are diamond shaped. They also have a square shape in this tome associated with the Red Glyph challenges I think haven't been used before.

The story unlock ones will have a little thing in brown lettering at the bottom noting which story it'll unlock an entry for. You always unlock story entries in order even if you skip around in the tome (so skipping level one and doing a story unlock in level two will unlock the very next locked entry, rather than a specific entry.)

Oh okay, yeah. I didn't notice that it says "unlocks the next entry for Crash and Burn" at the bottom. I thought you had to choose which story collection you wanted first. :doh: Thanks for the heads-up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

If you pick some of the real rear end in a top hat challenges, just focus on doing those if you're gonna do them, you might be a detriment to the team, but gently caress em they'd almost certainly or are almost certainly doing the same thing.

And then sometimes you see a Nurse and realize it's someone who's literally never played her before, just trying futilely to get the two instant strike blinks challenge done, I'll actually be nice to those people and like, stand and nod at the gate until they get that I'm telling them "Go on, do your challenge man" and not being a fool, just cause it feels nice to help out someone obviously struggling really badly with a high skill ceiling killer/challenge.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 27, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
What is the significance of a daily ritual that is slightly golden and shimmering? Does that mean it's new to me, new to the game, or worth extra Bloodpoints?

Also, does "by your hand" mean you must use a Mori to kill a Survivor? It's slightly vague.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What is the significance of a daily ritual that is slightly golden and shimmering? Does that mean it's new to me, new to the game, or worth extra Bloodpoints?

Also, does "by your hand" mean you must use a Mori to kill a Survivor? It's slightly vague.
Generally it does mean using a Mori or some other thing. I believe there are various hexes and add ons, like that Hag one and Myers' tombstone piece, that would let you do it - and those count, even if you did not use a Mori.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hmm, three players with a | FRONTLINES | tag in front of their names, I'm sure that bodes well!

Someone disconnected during the load so we'll never get to find out, but considering three of them were loaded up with purple loot in the post match screen, I'm sure it would've been an experience for my level 1 Trapper.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I swear to God, there are some Survivors who clearly know the game mechanics so extremely well that their sole purpose and satisfaction in life becomes just loving with the Killer.

This one match earlier today was just me spinning plates on the Grave of Glenvale map for twenty minutes as I kept chasing Survivors off gens and hitting them while they kept dancing around and vaulting constantly off in the distance to distract and annoy with the incessant sound and aura notifications and teabagging/flashlights at pallets to go along with it. I managed to basement hook one and sure as poo poo one specifically used their Deliverance perk to get hooked on purpose and then unhook themselves and another Survivor. :psyduck:

I did finally down and Mori the last Survivor after the others had escaped because they got a bit too cocky after the damage had already been done. And of course they're just taunting me after the game.

Like, is simply playing the game and having a decent match and playing well not enough for these kinds of people? :psyboom:

e:

Just look at those Survivor perks. They absolutely exploited every single last one of them to do the Survivor-equivalent of the Jim Carrey Most Annoying Sound in the World. I know I'm just venting, but this is why I'll take a break for a few days from DbD at a time because, for every 25% of matches where I pull off a good snowball or Survivors put up a good fight and escape, the other 75% is seemingly Survivors being sweaty Navy SEALs operatives not even trying to win so much as to pester and annoy then taunt in the chat afterwards. Why would I willingly want to subject myself to that after a long day at work and use the little free time I have just to be abused and ridiculed?

There's still a really cool and fun game underneath it all which is why I keep coming back, but man is it covered in layers of toxic bullshit sometimes.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 28, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Self Care/Dead Hard/Spine Chill are pretty much the only perks sweat squads use, usually with Sprint Burst or Unbreakable as the fourth.

But killers use Ruin one time too many and WOAH NOW GOTTA FIX THAT

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Danaru posted:

Self Care/Dead Hard/Spine Chill are pretty much the only perks sweat squads use, usually with Sprint Burst or Unbreakable as the fourth.

But killers use Ruin one time too many and WOAH NOW GOTTA FIX THAT

We see that killers really like Ruin, [Farted out %] use it every game! It's unbalanced!

*Willfully ignores the massive use frequency of broken survivor poo poo until maybe months later, years in cases*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Seriously Spine Chill is such a hard counter to any stealth killer with no drawback, Myers and Ghostface can at least get an Exposure hit if they're persistent, Pig is just unplayable.

I try not to get salty but holy moley I hate spine chill.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Pig is not a stealth killer and Self Care is famously a noob trap. And nobody is running Sprint Burst with Dead Hard.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pig's power is to crouch and get rid of her terror radius so she can sprint at unsuspecting people, how is that not stealth

E: also yeah replace Self Care with Decisive Strike and sprint burst with Unbreakable or something, I've been awake a very long time, long enough to somehow forget DS

Danaru fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 28, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How do you counter Survivors that are healing right next to an upright pallet? It's kind of a lose-lose situation for the Killer.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Pig is a pretty standard M1 killer whose important tools are her pounce, which lets her short-circuit stalemates at small safe pallet loops thereby making them unsafe, and her beartraps, which slow down the match somewhat. She's not a stealth killer and sneaking around isn't an important part of her kit, because the slowdown is crippling and the windup to her pounce has a loud sound cue that means you can't use it to catch people offguard. She's not like Ghostface or Myers or Spirit (or even Freddy), who can all pounce on people with no warning; she's not even like Wraith, who can use his mobility to attack from weird angles and flush survivors straight into his arms.

Spine Chill is good but it's not generally considered a tippy-top tier meta perk because there's a simple counterplay: the killer just has to approach by strafing in at an angle. As long as the killer isn't looking where they're moving, Spine Chill isn't terribly helpful. This makes things a bit harder for the killer, because they need to already know where they're going before they get there, but because better killers just practice doing this as a habit, Spine Chill gets less and less useful the better the killers you're facing are. It's a very annoying perk to play against but there are things you can do to counter it as a killer, and it's isn't the "sweaty" survivor meta at all.

Self Care has been nerfed repeatedly, and it's really bad right now. (That makes posts like this real ironic.) Unless you're running a whole build dedicated to self-healing with a medkit and other boosting perks, it takes a very, very long time to self-heal with Self Care, and that's time you're not working on generators. Otzdarva has a good guide to how to (not) use Self Care. If you see someone with Self Care, they are probably playing solo and relying on immersion rather than playing the meta.

The tippy-top meta perks are Iron Will, only one of the good exhaustion perks (Dead Hard usually, Sprint Burst/Lithe sometimes), Borrowed Time, and one or two of the other second-chance perks (Adrenaline, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, sometimes with Soul Guard). Usually, if someone is an experienced survivor who is really trying hard, they'll have at least three of those. Except for Object of Obsession (which is facing a nerf soon), most info perks are not as strong as simply having a full team on comms calling out the killer's position and working together to systemically find totems, meet up to heal, call out generator positions, and plan how to handle them. This, on top of the counterplay, is another reason you don't find really sweaty teams all running Spine Chill; they already know when the killer is busy and when the killer is roaming and know the latter time is dangerous. Likewise, sweaty teams don't run Self Care because it's much faster to just heal each other, and that doesn't cost a precious perk that could be another second-chance perk to negate a killer winning a chase.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

How do you counter Survivors that are healing right next to an upright pallet? It's kind of a lose-lose situation for the Killer.

Is it a safe pallet or an unsafe pallet? An safe pallet means the pallet is attached to a loop that they can safely run around to waste your time before dropping the pallet. The most famous safe pallets are the "killer shacks" or the pallets inside the kindergarden. Especially unsafe pallets are ones in the Hawkins lab's hallways, where just walking around them is a short walk. Which pallets are safe and unsafe are one of those map knowledge things you'll pick up over time, and as you get more efficient at looping, more pallets will become unsafe for survivors to use.

If it's unsafe, just go around. Best-case scenario, you make them drop the pallet here, worst-case you get the hit and force the drop. Survivors should not loiter near especially unsafe pallets in general, that's just suicide.

If it's safe, power through and make them hit you in the face. Most maps don't have that many safe pallets, so forcing them to use the pallet so you can break it is a win for you.

Don't be afraid to just eat pallets, especially if you're running perks like Enduring or maybe Brutal Strength. They are a consumable resource, and if you consume them, it makes a dead zone on the map you can later herd hapless survivors into.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 28, 2021

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Decisive Strike/Unbreakable/Borrowed Time/Balanced Landing + Haddonfield Offering

Danaru posted:

Pig's power is to crouch and get rid of her terror radius so she can sprint at unsuspecting people, how is that not stealth

E: also yeah replace Self Care with Decisive Strike and sprint burst with Unbreakable or something, I've been awake a very long time, long enough to somehow forget DS

She's kind of a stealth killer, but her crouch moves extremely slow (90%) so you have to be selective about using it for actual stealth. The ability to slow down gens and possibly do fucky poo poo with her ambush lunge are the stronger parts of her kit.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

If you aren't a ranged killer, you just have to force them to drop the pallet. edit: That's not a lose-lose though. You want to get pallets out of the way as fast as possible as the killer, and a survivor camping a pallet is them wasting it.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 28, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't hate playing Leatherface because he is one of my favourite killers, but it'd be nice to get him to level 30 so I could start fishing for Barbeque and Chili on other killers and play them as well.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't hate playing Leatherface because he is one of my favourite killers, but it'd be nice to get him to level 30 so I could start fishing for Barbeque and Chili on other killers and play them as well.

You can earn BP on any killer (or even survivors!) and spend it on Leatherface. I realize you probably don't want to play unleveled characters, but it's an option.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Danaru posted:

Pig is very slow while crouching, so crouchwalking is not very useful to move around the map undetected. If you do sneak up on someone, you can't just M1 them or grab them; you either have to stand up (which makes a quiet directional noise and starts your terror radius at the start of the animation) or do her lunge, which has a loud directional noise at the start of the animation. She can't move around the map undetected like Wraith or Ghostface, and she's bad at pouncing on unaware survivors like Ghostface and Spirit can do. Also, even if you do set up a perfect lunge, the benefit for doing so is just one hit, at the cost of spending a bunch of time slowly crabwalking around.

Crouching is mainly useful for mid-chase mindgame shenanigans. She makes a lot of marginally safe loops with one short side unsafe, because it's not clear if she's going to pounce around the side or through the pallet.

Pig is a very weak killer and playing her is going to involve a lot of frustration no matter what you do. Her kit contributes very, very little! Her stealth doesn't work as stealth because it's too time-consuming to use and too low-payoff, her best ability (beartraps) are both heavily subject to RNG and also a bit redundant with meta slowdown perks, and her ability to blitz chases is one of the weakest and most situational in the game. Right now, what makes a good killer is strong mobility and the ability to win chases quickly or negate them entirely, and she doesn't have either of those things.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 28, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well I still hate spine chill because it makes it near impossible to sneakily stalk anyone as Myers :colbert: At my skill level, everyone uses it and it sucks

The other perks dont really bother me, even before the DS nerf.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Just because Pig is a stealth killer whose power sucks doesn't not make her a stealth killer

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cease to Hope posted:

You can earn BP on any killer (or even survivors!) and spend it on Leatherface. I realize you probably don't want to play unleveled characters, but it's an option.

Sure but I can earn it a lot faster on Leatherface due to BBQ & Chili :v:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

Just because Pig is a stealth killer whose power sucks doesn't not make her a stealth killer

There's no functional difference between Pig, a "stealth killer" who can't practically sneak around the map and can't sneak up on people, and a non-stealth killer like Clown. She's a worse stealth killer than Spirit or M&A Deathslinger.

Danaru posted:

Well I still hate spine chill because it makes it near impossible to sneakily stalk anyone as Myers :colbert: At my skill level, everyone uses it and it sucks

The other perks dont really bother me, even before the DS nerf.

Yeah, that's fair. Myers has a lot of problems, and Spine Chill does make it harder to charge up. You can practice flushing people into situations where you can see them running away, or practice abusing Spine Chill to flush them straight into your arms, but mainly it's a matter of learning when to guess a particular survivor has Spine Chill and picking on someone else. Myers is a middle-tier killer for this and a lot of other reasons.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A fun trick I picked up is chasing someone into a pallet and stopping short to stalk, then wait for them to get ready to drop the pallet, notice I stopped, wonder what's going on, realize I'm stalking, then get behind something to block line of sight

Then I lunge through and either get a hit or spook them real good :v:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Danaru posted:

A fun trick I picked up is chasing someone into a pallet and stopping short to stalk, then wait for them to get ready to drop the pallet, notice I stopped, wonder what's going on, realize I'm stalking, then get behind something to block line of sight

Then I lunge through and either get a hit or spook them real good :v:

Incidentally this is basically how you use Pig's pounce, as well. You set up situations like this, move out of line of sight, charge the pounce, and make them guess which side you're going around. It's usually a 50/50 so it's not super super strong, but Pig isn't super strong anyway.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Make them drop the pallet. A trap for new killers is fearing pallets. You want the survivors to the drop the pallet as fast as possible. If a survivor loops a pallet, it takes 15 seconds to bloodlust and then they drop it. It takes you 3-5 seconds to break it. Then they move another pallet. If they drop the pallet immediately, you have reduced that loop to 3-5 seconds. And a pallet is gone forever. Breaking pallets isn't a bad thing. The bad thing is survivors milking pallets for a bloodlust and forcing you to lose it while escaping. This why newer killers lose.

The follow up to this is herding survivors to deadzones. This is what separates baby killers from people with consistent kills. Keep track of where pallets were broken. As the killer, you have an unspoken superpower to determine where survivors go. You can reverse loops and move wide to force survivors into different directions which punishes them later when they run where there are no pallets or an unfavorable escape when if drop one. Its what people say is the "bad side" of a pallet. Any time survivors are escaping towards the wall around the map or a direction leading to no pallets, you are winning that chase. Its just take a few more seconds to pay off.

edit: I remember the game I learned this. It was a tombstone myers. I looped the hell of him. He mori'd everyone but me. I was looking for the hatch and we met at shack. I was so sure I was getting away and dropped the pallet while on the wall side. He broke it and caught me. He reversed the loop so I had to drop the pallet but didn't have a good escape route.

temple fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 28, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I understand the idea of shredding pallets to create unsafe zones for Survivors, but that just ends up with the Survivor leading you to other areas with pallets to mulch, and while you're busy eating pallets the other 3 Survivors are knocking out gens at different corners of the map.

Then, figuring this is a waste of time, you go to scare off the other Survivors, leading to the previous Survivor healing their own wounds with a med-kit which then leads you back to square one while they've made forward progress.

I'm super bad at countering loops tbh which I think is my big problem. I've tried watching the strategy videos and doing moonwalking etc but the Survivors either continue the loop until they drop the pallet or they predict my movements and don't fall for it.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 28, 2021

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The thing is, as the killer you dictate the direction the survivor can run without getting hit. They can only really make distance after you hit them or if you lose them at a loop. You have to practice using that effectively to control where they go instead of being led around by them. Sometimes this does mean quickly recognizing when you can't reach them before they get to an area that's just too strong to deal with when you have no pressure.

As for moonwalking, it's a tool but not a universal answer. It won't help if a loop is too long since they'll have enough time to adjust. You can enhance it's effectiveness by going just far enough the normal direction so that - if they were at the corner - they'll see your red light and possibly assume you're coming around that way. Make sure you're not rotating such that you look at the wall, because that light goes through walls. If the person is even the least bit observant they'll see the light and figure out what you're doing.

Don't forget to mix it up. If you always moonwalk at a tile then the survivors'll catch on. Play it straight, moonwalk, reverse moonwalk, hell sometimes just wait at the corner for a bit before making a decision. Play it one way a few times in a row to condition them to expect it, then switch it up and catch them off guard.

And don't worry about the early gens you lose. A down around the first gen is a good start, but it's enough to just burn through their resources. Popping some one then quickly switching to another chase might let that first survivor heal, but that's medkit charges they won't have for later.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 28, 2021

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also for Dead Dawg specifically, you really want to just let that topmost generator in the saloon go. You'll lose all your other gens trying to defend it, and once it's out of the way the rest of the gens are pretty easy to defend.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I understand the idea of shredding pallets to create unsafe zones for Survivors, but that just ends up with the Survivor leading you to other areas with pallets to mulch, and while you're busy eating pallets the other 3 Survivors are knocking out gens at different corners of the map.

Learning to position yourself in a way that controls the directions the survivors can go is a core killer skill. You need to think about how you can "push" survivors by putting yourself between where they are and where they want to be, or alternately by positioning yourself on the opposite side of the survivor from the direction you want them to run. Dead By Daylight is a billiards match: you are the cue ball, and the "pocket" is one of many ever-shifting short-term goals.

Here's a simple example and a Wraith pro-tip. You're cloaked, and you know a survivor is working on a generator. Unless they're a complete doofus or you're running mute addons, you know they're going to bolt as soon as you pop your bell. Where do you uncloak to approach them? Think about how they want to escape, and where you don't want them to go. This could be as simple as approaching from the same direction as the window or pallet they plan to use if the killer shows up. Alternately, you could approach from the "far" side of the generator, opposite the normal direction for a killer to approach. You could also approach from the opposite direction of the rest of the team or the same direction as generators/totems you want to protect, to push them away from those. You could also approach from the opposite direction as a deadzone where you've broken all the pallets, to push them into that deadzone.

These are not necessarily mutually exclusive goals. You could accomplish many of them at once, depending on the situation. As you get better at the game, you will be thinking about all of these things and just manipulating survivors' directions every time you interact with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TGLT posted:

Decisive Strike/Unbreakable/Borrowed Time/Balanced Landing + Haddonfield Offering

I hate that Haddonfield is such a poo poo map, it looks cool and it's Halloween, but it's just awful to play on most times.