Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

track day bro! posted:

there was that one poster who was also a super serious rice cooking sperg who loved rice cooking algorithms/ai, who also didn't understand why some people didn\t enjoy rice cookers and if you didn't own a sick ricecooking rig you might as well not bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Dictator. posted:

4K LG oled

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Billy Monger commenting on the F2 feature race.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Electric rice cookers are idiotic.
Just put some oil, one cup of rice, Two cups of wáter, Salt and put the lid on. Wait 20 mins and you are done. Why do you need some Fancy device for that. Mind blogging stuff

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

Just put some oil, one cup of rice, Two cups of wáter, Salt and put the lid on. Wait 20 mins and you are done. Why do you need some Fancy device for that. Mind blogging stuff

Oil wtf

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zeta Acosta posted:

my rice cooker sings a jaunty little tune to me

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My teenage daughter makes the rice in this house in a pan, she does not sing and is rarely jaunty though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol the F2 are just covering the track in sand.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
An ex of mine did pasta on a pan. Wild stuff

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

turns out formula 1 attracts that sort of person and this is why formula 1 should be disbanded and all the non ferrari champions be handed to ferrari

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

There are Arakis amounts of sand on the track lmao

e: to stay on topic, sautee some diced onion and thinly sliced garlic on good olive oil. Add good Italian rice, arborio is commonly available and good enough, and stir until you start hearing a cracking sound. Throw in a cup of white wine and season with salt and pepper. Keep adding good stock as the liquid evaporates and seasoning to taste. When the rice is almost done, you can add some toppings, I usually go for some pan-fried porcini mushrooms. When the rice is al dente, add a knob of butter and some parmigiano reggiano and work that pot to emulsify the risotto. That's all there is to it.

Take the plunge! Okay! fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 28, 2021

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Piastri fuckin rules

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

There are Arakis amounts of sand on the track lmao
The Haas must slow.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

F2 is better than F1?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

SocksAndSandals posted:

F2 is better than F1?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

masterpine posted:

Piastri fuckin rules

drat straight :australia:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Piastri pulling a Mick Schumacher, using up his tires early and making it look like he's quick and then plummeting backwards

e: lmao now he lost out to pricktum, Australia in ruins.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 28, 2021

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Zeta Acosta posted:

Just put some oil, one cup of rice, Two cups of wáter, Salt and put

lol

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

FFFUUUUCCCCKKKKK :smith:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Awwwww that was harsh

Of course it was Tictum

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Tictum the crybaby

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ticktum ffs.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Ticktum destroys end of race, even worse than normal

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

An australian driver failing to stop a miserable fraud from getting past and beating him. Looks like Piastri is ready for F1 guys ship him on up.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NtotheTC posted:

An australian driver failing to stop a miserable fraud from getting past and beating him. Looks like Piastri is ready for F1 guys ship him on up.

Mods ban this racist

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Do the Brundles manage Ticktum by any chance?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol he just got called out on his second utterly loving stupid old man reference of the day.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

anyway i'm not goiung to watch the race live nerds i'm going to go outside? any of you nerds heard of outside?

I'm going outside too op

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Five grid places and 3 penalty points for Seb.

Apparently Otmar is looking for F1 officials to complain about the new regulations this year, guess Lawrence ripped into him.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

track day bro! posted:

anyway i'm not goiung to watch the race live nerds i'm going to go outside? any of you nerds heard of outside?

some of us unfortunately live in countries where going outside is unpleasant 9 months out of the year and all we have left is posting and f1

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Red Warrior posted:

Apparently Otmar is looking for F1 officials to complain about the new regulations this year, guess Lawrence ripped into him.

Lol loving hrll seb starting on -3 points.

That does seem like a bullshit penalty though, given that he was already hosed over by the flags. They should have just made him start from the pits or something if they wanted to make an example.

E: just realised that this also basically rewarded mazepin for spinning because it now means he doesn't start at the back.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 28, 2021

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Red Warrior posted:

there is no way the rest of the field gives a single solitary gently caress about that

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Otmar is a good American who means well

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rice cookers are superior to pan cooking if you're just trying to have some rice as a side or something. Lets you focus on cooking whatever else you're making. Pan cooking rice is only needed if you're making it as part of the main dish or something. (Although you don't need some fancy $200 rice cooker... basic lovely $20 one works fine)

Also, I am here to watch Hamilton get in there.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Rice cookers are superior to pan cooking if you're just trying to have some rice as a side or something. Lets you focus on cooking whatever else you're making. Pan cooking rice is only needed if you're making it as part of the main dish or something.

Also, I am here to watch Hamilton get in there.

You don’t really need to pay attention to rice in a pan; just set a timer and check that all the waters gone when it goes off.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

That does seem like a bullshit penalty though, given that he was already hosed over by the flags. They should have just made him start from the pits or something if they wanted to make an example.

E: just realised that this also basically rewarded mazepin for spinning because it now means he doesn't start at the back.

Let's see if he manages to get a positive points tally by the end of this season hahaha. Off to a great start

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

I bet you don’t even rinse your rice before cooking. Shameful.

Gonna make some waffles for the race today, so I can enjoy them while Max gets in there.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

TheMightyBoops posted:

You don’t really need to pay attention to rice in a pan; just set a timer and check that all the waters gone when it goes off.

Amazingly a rice cooker costs $20 and does all that automatically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

BabyFur Denny posted:

Let's see if he manages to get a positive points tally by the end of this season hahaha. Off to a great start
'Penalty points' aren't points taken away from your WDC haul, they're penalty points added to your license. If you accrue 12 you take a race ban. Each point has a 12-month expiry.
They're given if you (usually wilfully) break the FIA Sporting rules on safe driver conduct.

Hamilton has the most of anyone on the grid because he can't stop ramming people.