Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I've been putting off the mondstadt event after the bad taste lantern rite's endless fetchquests left in my mouth, but animal crossing says bunny day is back again and fuuuuuuuuuck that so windblume it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

zgrowler2 posted:

I've been putting off the mondstadt event after the bad taste lantern rite's endless fetchquests left in my mouth, but animal crossing says bunny day is back again and fuuuuuuuuuck that so windblume it is

My girlfriend literally just sent me a picture of that fucker being back and I was all 'hippity choppity head go floppity'

My island ID card still has a picture of my character holding an axe behind that bunny with a disgusted face from last year.

Honestly I'm kind of over all these time-sensitive events in games, I hate feeling pressured to play when I'm not in the mood. But I'm polishing off Windblume today so I can focus more on MH Rise. :v:

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
My new computer arrives tomorrow and I'm very excited to return to my platonic ideal of gaming, Frontier Defense in Titanfall 2 with Papa Scorch. No chores, just fire.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
The bubble hitboxes in the peculiar minigames are stupid

thanks game now i need to do this about 30 more times until you give me bubble crash again but yeah sure go ahead and give me barrage minuet another 10 times today

Framboise fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 28, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

when i was fishing for specific games last round i would do the first one and see if the second was what i needed and then restart if it wasn't. if the falling floor one is in your first two you can also instant fail to make the process faster

just keep your complaints fresh for the survey 🙂 i'll be glad to not see this event style until they've made tweaks

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It wouldn't be so bad if the randomness wasn't so... not random? It feels like I get the same loving thing every time and it really tries my patience when every bit of this stupid event is dragged out with a shitload of unnecessary delays.

Edit: Game just froze on me as I was quitting out of yet another round. That's my excuse to stop this garbage for now.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 28, 2021

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I thought the Peculiar Wonderland event was pretty good aside from that bullshit RNG of never getting the event you need to finish the battle pass. I gave up after seeing the one I needed once in 10 full completions earlier today, where I of course did not manage to meet the 30s time limit requirement.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

So am I right to avoid all of the events then?

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I liked the mini games for the most part but the peculiar wonderland really disrespects your time when single player. It takes like 5 to 6 minutes a run and half that time is waiting for timers.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sharkitten posted:

No, I think they're great. I think the complaining in this thread is weird and this is very clearly the best event outside of Dragonspine.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

No Wave posted:

No, I think they're great. I think the complaining in this thread is weird and this is very clearly the best event outside of Dragonspine.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkitten posted:

the main story quests are all excellent, and there are a couple good side ones relating to the few NPCs that are decent characters like Vile, Cyrus etc. so definitely, definitely do those.

event wise:

- Harp starts out boring but the mid/high difficulties are much better, it's very much a C-tier rhythm game but i enjoyed it and it's lenient enough you can easily get rewards.
- Balloon Archery is the best one for me, since i don't have a charge shot archer like Ganyu. but even then it's more involved than playing Ganyu probably is, so it's a fun different thing. seems like mobile players don't handle it as well?
- Gliding is fine, it's a pretty passive event that's easy to get rewards from and they do add a couple interesting mechanics like downdrafts and little bubbles that suck you in. i definitely prefer the prior Gliding Course event though.
- Peculiar Wonderland is Genshin Fall Guys and you kill a boss at the end. the issue with this one is every run gives you a chunk of shop currency but there are also side objectives to complete for extra rewards. between learning the games and the randomness with which it picks games, you will usually get all the shop currency before you clear the side objectives, so you have to keep grinding the random game selection until it cooperates with you. ignoring the objectives would definitely be better, but it seems like a big oversight in event design that they tied rewards to that stuff at all when it makes the experience of getting them such a chore when the core event is otherwise fine.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I think the wonderland minigames specifically are mediocre and don’t hold up at all to repeated play, but all of the other event pieces have been great.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

funkymonks posted:

I liked the mini games for the most part but the peculiar wonderland really disrespects your time when single player. It takes like 5 to 6 minutes a run and half that time is waiting for timers.

Pretty much this. They really don't hold up to doing the same thing over and over and over to satisfy an arbitrary BP reward. That kind of thing should never be locked behind this pseudo-RNG and I think it's weird to not think that's weird.

The quests are good and give some nice feel-good character development, the rewards are fine, the hangouts are nice. The balloon pop, harp, and falling minigames are fun and didn't irritate me at all.

It's seriously just the RNG in Peculiar Wonderland that's irritated me and it's genuinely poor game design to lock someone's goal behind a very, very, very slow roll of the dice. I have other things to do and it makes my brainworms unhappy to have to struggle so much for 1500 BP but not want to just leave it behind.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
If you're looking for a specific mini-game you're best off hopping co-op matches until you find it. I ran it last night single player a few times and saw the same events, then started co-oping and leaving (after clearing it) if the mini-game I needed didn't show up. Only took 4 or 5 matches to get the 2 events I wanted.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Wow Venti is OP as hell.

I can clear the VV domain in around 30 seconds now. Hop in, pop ganyu ult, pop venti E then Q, then everything is dead with Xiao playing clean up.

Uh. Seems balanced.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's a sane time for clearing a domain. no more of this 2:30-with-all-food-buffs poo poo for me!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah Windblume has been great as heck. I wish there were more reasons to do the minigames. And fallguys domain is very fun co-op. Just hit join pug its fine!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Weapon leveling mats being locked behind a separate currency is pretty lame because I despise the Peculiar Wonderland stuff but oh well, I got all the primos I'm going to get and some talent books at least.

And the event quests were far superior to the Liyue event. The final cutscene was really neat because hey holy poo poo the other characters exist in this world too!

At least for a while anyway.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Wow Venti is OP as hell.

I can clear the VV domain in around 30 seconds now. Hop in, pop ganyu ult, pop venti E then Q, then everything is dead with Xiao playing clean up.

Uh. Seems balanced.

Well the game expects you to full clear the abyss i.e. clear each chamber of floor 12 in under 3 minutes, so yeah it is "balanced"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
A friend of mine's been pretty salty about the event since there's not a lot of new content, and there's been a huge drought since Dragonspine. I keep trying to convince him that these things are more like holiday events that come once a year and not legitimate content patches (Similar to like how WoW has yearly holiday events that aren't meant to be a full content patch)

He's on his fourth AR55+ account now and I still haven't finished Liyue's main quests so what do I know, I guess :v:

I was unfamiliar with most of the Liyue NPCs since I'd only done enough of the quests to open the event up but it's really nice coming back to Mondstat, it feels like a real world where people have their own little lives instead of just being stationary NPCs.

The weirdest thing was unlocking the blue rune'd door in Mondstat after wondering what it was for so long, turns out it's Mona's house now and she takes the blue rune down and just tells you to go away. Cat's Tail is another weird thing where you're constantly hearing about it but never actually in there or interacting with Diona. I hope there's more little interactions with characters during the seasonal events that let them come out of hiding since the Story Quests for the 5* characters are pretty short and most are forgettable.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The game really needs to integrate the playable characters into the world more, right now it feels so empty without them and what quests with the characters pop up feel extremely detached. Would be nice to go into Jean's office and at least see her at work, or bump into Ganyu on top of her mountain or something.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

RealFoxy posted:

He's on his fourth AR55+ account now and I still haven't finished Liyue's main quests so what do I know, I guess :v:

This...does not sound like an average player.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I thought that guy gave his account away ITT

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

dogsicle posted:

- Balloon Archery is the best one for me, since i don't have a charge shot archer like Ganyu. but even then it's more involved than playing Ganyu probably is, so it's a fun different thing. seems like mobile players don't handle it as well?

Oh, certainly not.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

uhhhhh thats some serious shitsocking there. i think your friend needs to find another game to play or something

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

tyrelhill posted:

uhhhhh thats some serious shitsocking there. i think your friend needs to find another game to play or something

give his pw to sergei imo

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Yah for spending the last hour trying to get the shimmering path shitgame to show up again. Still going

lurksion fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 29, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I know a guy who played like that. Ran out of stuff to do outside of dailies on existing account, fired up new account, hit the point where that account was waiting on dailies for AR, created another account... then burned out. I get really liking the game but doing it all over, including double/triple-running events, is madness.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think it might've been more interesting to give you a random selection of minigames, or do a Mario Party style thing, or something that would give more of a feeling of control than pure RNG.

As far as the other minigames: The lyre is fine, the timing's a little weird but it errs generous on the side of tapping early so you just have to learn to do it when the circle turns yellow and then keep an eye on both sides. The balloons are also fine, they seem very easy on PC so I imagine they're balanced around mobile/console and can't speak for how hard they are there. I actually dislike the freefall one the most, mainly because it's very difficult for me to tell the relative heights of things until I'm too far down to actually steer toward them. The gliding challenge didn't have this problem due to the greater degree of horizontal movement in the courses.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i tried a second account to see if like, having a fully f2p one where i also know how to prioritize things might make the experience and teams i use different enough

but it's just a lot of time to give trying to get a second account up to speed on top of existing account upkeep, and i dunno if there's actually a big enough pool of stuff to make the accounts feel different. took the fact that my 5* luck broke on Mona as a sign to drop it.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The Cat's Tail is where all the NPCs hang out to get away from Traveler and company

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Araganzar posted:

give his pw to sergei imo

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can honestly sell account for some decent money. Accounts with Venti and a few 5 stars were going for $500+ back when I looked during the Ganyu banner.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You can honestly sell account for some decent money. Accounts with Venti and a few 5 stars were going for $500+ back when I looked during the Ganyu banner.

poo poo, seriously? that's a lot of money for a game where the whole hook is chasing the gacha thrill

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

zgrowler2 posted:

poo poo, seriously? that's a lot of money for a game where the whole hook is chasing the gacha thrill

Just as people whale for a chance at a goodie, people whale for a sure thing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have an alt account that I love to play and highly encourage anyone thinking about it to do it, its basically just restarting a game. And there's tons of characters you haven't played. You can't have played. At least seriously. Team Diona/Ning/Lisa is bizarre, fun.

But I never loving want to double dip on events, ever. I even like the Windblume festival but doing it again just right after having done it is... not something I want. Hell I'd sooner start up another account than do that.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

It's so refreshing having characters around and interacting. I guess a lot of the Liyue VA's are harder to schedule together or something.

I think this is the first event that wasn't started until after they started getting player feedback, so maybe they somehow just didn't know people wanted to interact with playable characters until they were told?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally got home and did the first part of the last lyre challenge so I could finally buy the drat thing and I got super jazzed when I heard that it was Dragonspine music.

Captain France posted:

I think this is the first event that wasn't started until after they started getting player feedback, so maybe they somehow just didn't know people wanted to interact with playable characters until they were told?

I don't know what's going on but I'm glad they managed to get a hold of someone beyond just Kaeya for once.

And then they bring brought in basically everyone. Even Razor, who hasn't been seen since unlocking Andrius as a boss fight!

Did they mention that Albedo existed before the Dragonspine update? I mean in game. I know people brought up Diona and her bar before she became a playable character and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Timaeus mentioned him in dialogue iirc