Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Floppychop posted:

So I've gotten all the classes to level 6 in the demo and I still have no idea what I'm going to roll with on launch. All I know is not the Technomancer since I've never loved "summoner" classes.

Pyromancer: loads of damage, but not a ton of interrupts

Trickster: great single-target damage, and pretty good "gently caress this group" damage and drat cool visuals

Devastator: basically "gently caress this zipcode" and if you get some armor mods you're nigh unkillable with Golem active.

My favourite Devastator move is strolling up to the maze of cover and the smattering of first-contact mobs and just teleport-smashing the sniper all the way two hundred yards to the rear, shooting and smashing up the ranged support first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

I feel like making the demo the intro is just never a good idea. I checked out before I even picked a class. I'm sure I'll come back to it in the morning, or later, but drat the intro area of this game sucks major rear end.

A demo should throw you into the good poo poo not make you have to decide if you want to understand wtf is going on, or just press buttons to move on to shooting poo poo.

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009
Once you get the bullet reflect pants for Devastator you can melt everything in the vicinity very quickly.
I had to make an effort not to use duration mods while farming to avoid killing everything except the terra firma captain and the marksmen.
Trickster is just as fast, twisted rounds and pop bubble, rinse repeat.
Technomancer is a little slower because I usually throw down the cc turret so I don’t get meleed by trash mobs while lighting up the captain with blighted rounds. Occasionally I’d have to drop the katyusha turret as an interrupt if I got a captain with From the Ashes or Vortex ability.
Pyromancer is poo poo until you get 200 gear and ideally an auto shotgun or leggo with a good damage roll. I’m sure its going to own endgame but it just feels clunky and anemic right now.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

enigmatikone posted:

Trickster is just as fast, twisted rounds and pop bubble, rinse repeat.
Pyromancer is poo poo until you get 200 gear and ideally an auto shotgun or leggo with a good damage roll. I’m sure its going to own endgame but it just feels clunky and anemic right now.

Trickster captain runs are just dumb. Run to wall in front of him, mash teleport key until he becomes targetable, pop bubble, pop rounds, headshot to death and stand there.

Pyro is slightly slower. Bomb the guy who spawns right after the captain, kill him, flame wave, exhaust, pop a few shots in his face and stand there.

Did a few runs on my pyro to get my world level bar maxed out. Wound up scoring two more legendaries without trying. Now I have Thunderbird, Amber Vault, and Aerie Master. Now to not use them forever in the real game because I've already done their accolades. :v:

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
I went through game release schedule for the next couple of months and there is absolutely nothing of intrest coming out. Perhaps ME remake might be something to play, but other than that its a barren wasteland for me. This situation alone might elevate Outriders to significance.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

madfury posted:

I went through game release schedule for the next couple of months and there is absolutely nothing of intrest coming out. Perhaps ME remake might be something to play, but other than that its a barren wasteland for me. This situation alone might elevate Outriders to significance.

This and the rolling out of stimulus checks in the U.S. are probably going to inflate the player count a bit.

Still, I'm kind of excited about getting to play this one, maybe because it's been a while since I've shot things to make numbers pop out. Also, I don't think I've played a Gears of War game since like... the first one (?), so the mechanics and feel aren't as tired for me as I hear others say they are.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Yeah i’m excited to continue the adventures of my dumb as the rocks she is devastator.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So did they add the "redneck mob storming DC" line after January 6th or did they make a lucky guess?

Also the Terra Infirma quest makes me think the game's sense of humor will be right up my alley. Between the character's face at the sight of the giant or when McCain grenades the people that helped him then takes a sniper shot.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Very excited for the video game

New legendary:

https://twitter.com/outridersplus/status/1375522917748998145?s=21

Armor:

https://twitter.com/outridersplus/status/1375523623331635200?s=21

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

So did they add the "redneck mob storming DC" line after January 6th or did they make a lucky guess?

Also the Terra Infirma quest makes me think the game's sense of humor will be right up my alley. Between the character's face at the sight of the giant or when McCain grenades the people that helped him then takes a sniper shot.

There's a lot of Saint's Row energy in the side quests, I love it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I mainly looked into this game because it's the same devs that made Bulletstorm. While it wasn't some form of high art, it sure as poo poo was fun.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
What is the legendary drop rate on the captain in Terra Firma? Is it slowly enjoy you morning coffee for an hour and get a legendary, or you better plan on spending a good chunk of the day?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Lumpy posted:

What is the legendary drop rate on the captain in Terra Firma? Is it slowly enjoy you morning coffee for an hour and get a legendary, or you better plan on spending a good chunk of the day?

It's rare enough (at WL5) that you can spend a whole day and get nothing. Farming legendaries at this point, when you can't unlock the difficulties that are way better for it, is mainly for crazies and/or streamers.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mailer posted:

It's rare enough (at WL5) that you can spend a whole day and get nothing. Farming legendaries at this point, when you can't unlock the difficulties that are way better for it, is mainly for crazies and/or streamers.

I’ll stick to being terrible at Rocket League until launch then!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Friends.

That’s all of you. We are friends. All of us. Even you, the person who hates that other poster who called them a poop head and then told everybody on the forums their social security number and what grades they got in elementary school. Yeah, you know who you are!

But friends...

:ducksiren: 4 DAYS REMAIN UNTIL LAUNCH WAHOOOOOOOO :ducksiren:

It took me awhile but I can officially say I’m excited for this launch. I think it’s the fact there is nothing coming soon to get excited about.

Many games continue to push their launch dates back. Many releases are just really CURRENTLY. And hey, the fact that this will be on Games Pass for fellow goon xboner players is great for an intro price to play the game.

AND WE ARE CROSSPLAY YAY!!!

We got 4 days to go! I did the demo and said, “hey, this entertains me.” And that was my reaction.

Stepped away for a couple weeks and I’m itching to continue the story and itching for launch. I’m excited:

The more loot I see revealed, the more antsy I get to farm it and test it myself.

The longer the wait, the more I want to continue this drat story and just see what happens.

The more dev comms that come out about what’s to come and some build ideas drop, the more excited I am for the future and HOPE that there’s a good game behind all this.

I know, I know. A clock is right twice a day. The other times during the day, yeah, not so much right?

April 1st, at 12PM EST, I hope the time, this time, is right!

https://twitter.com/outriders/status/1375170629926854666?s=21

Here’s a new legendary set to hold ya over, friends:

https://twitter.com/outridersplus/status/1376225485089349635?s=21

ICR fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 28, 2021

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’ve installed the game and eagerly await The Day of Fools.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Wellp. Time to cancel my day off on Thursday!

Protagoras
May 9, 2010

I mostly lurk, but I share the anticipation and I appreciate you.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Kinda some BS that console releases 12hrs + before pc.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i paid and am ready to go

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I preordered this when GMG had it for $45. I think I’ll get my fun out of it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Protagoras posted:

I mostly lurk, but I share the anticipation and I appreciate you.

Thanks Protagoras! Feel free to post up here or in discord if you need anything or have any questions.

I got a feeling there will be a lot of discussion about builds and grouping and tackling the high world tiers. That World Tier 12+ videos I’ve seen look brutal.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

ICR posted:

the more excited I am for the future and HOPE that there’s a good game behind all this.

"Hope is but the first step on the road to disappointment." But what the hell, bring some snacks, food, and music and well will make a road tip of it!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm hoping for early sales so I can jump in a well.

E:as well. Leaving the typo.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I should have jumped on the GMG as well, since I knew I was going to buy it anyway. :/

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's still 20% off on GMG right now. Do note that if your internet sucks they don't always have keys available early enough to pre-load the game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
ICR I really think this is going to break the kiss of death your threads usually have on games. I'm genuinely looking forward to this.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Raged posted:

ICR I really think this is going to break the kiss of death your threads usually have on games. I'm genuinely looking forward to this.

I am growing more optimistic too. It’s wild because the demo, as a whole, isn’t all that great. The Xbox Insiders who report on this game and got to play the entire, full game, have basically all said the game picks up shortly after this demo section.

My fingers are crossed and I’m feeling like you, Raged. We shall see but yes, optimism is growing!

We got a true, real 30-35 hours of story campaign, which I consider solid. This is not including world tier expedition running, monster hunting and all the side quests. This 30-35 hours is verified from Xbox insider players. I trust that.

We have nearly 300 legendary items, including 60 weapons, which is great to hear.

We have a lot of build diversity, which will let us play our characters differently (endgame viable? That part we will see!)

We have what sounds like some challenging endgame as the very high world tiers are said to be tough, also offering a lot of farming opportunities.

We have what is a simple game to get started and into and tougher to “master”, which is nice to appeal to different types of players.

We got until Thursday and we will see what holds up. I think overall, we got what will go down as a fun game ahead that will give us something to play for roughly a month or two.

I can dig that!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I made this for all of you nice people while we wait these last few days before release.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cinara posted:

It's still 20% off on GMG right now. Do note that if your internet sucks they don't always have keys available early enough to pre-load the game.

Thanks for the heads up. The demo really won me over so I'm looking forward to the full campaign. If it's really 30 hours then I'll get more than my money's worth.

Kudos to you as well ICR. Can't wait to quote this back to myself if the game ends up as a total disaster.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 29, 2021

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Thanks for the heads up. The demo really won me over so I'm looking forward to the full campaign. If it's really 30 hours then I'll get more than my money's worth.

Kudos to you as well ICR. Can't wait to quote this back to myself if the game ends up as a total disaster.

Fingers crossed! I think we will avoid the disasters of Anthem and Avengers. And the many other threads I champion incorrectly and fail miserably.

If anything, the thread for Last Epoch, while buried, I’ll just cry here if this sucks and then go bump that thread and say, “OK, this. THIS WONT FAIL US!”

I’ll sing it to the heavens. That game won’t. This game...I’ll say it again, I think, think, think this will not be a death knell.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ICR posted:

Fingers crossed! I think we will avoid the disasters of Anthem and Avengers. And the many other threads I champion incorrectly and fail miserably.

If anything, the thread for Last Epoch, while buried, I’ll just cry here if this sucks and then go bump that thread and say, “OK, this. THIS WONT FAIL US!”

I’ll sing it to the heavens. That game won’t. This game...I’ll say it again, I think, think, think this will not be a death knell.

I believe in you buddy, hopefully I've got the time on release day to shoot some mans with you!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

brainSnakes posted:

I made this for all of you nice people while we wait these last few days before release.

If I don’t see just one baby actually being eaten in Outriders I’m gonna be upset!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there anything to unlock in the demo before launch that I can’t get after? Any limited time cosmetic reward kind of things?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Time for a little contest:

If ICR reaches max level with a single character within the first month of the game and has said character reasonably well equipped for that level (let's say ~2 legendaries), then I will Steam-gift a single copy of this game to a goon who is still undecided on May 1st. Preferably to someone who cannot waste money on gaming in this time of crisis.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cool. How're you gonna pick the winner?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Cool. How're you gonna pick the winner?

I was thinking "First come, first serve", but I'm open to better ideas.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

I was thinking "First come, first serve", but I'm open to better ideas.

would my post count? :v:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Rinkles posted:

would my post count? :v:

If you're the first to remind me of my post on May 1st, and if ICR does have a geared level 30 on April 30th (corrected from March 31st), then it would count.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So my ability to log in rests on helping Rinkles get a copy of Ruff Ryders presents Outriders the video game as long as I hit lvl 30 by May 1st.

If I don’t do this, I will have failed Rinkles completely?

All righty Hammerstein, I’ll see if I can hit lvl 30 in 15 minutes.