Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

lol

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DeathChicken posted:

So Gerhman is annoying. Mainly because it's another fight where the camera doesn't like behaving. If I stay locked on to him (which it seems I want to do for how much he moves around), on his longer combos the camera will whip around in such a way I'm dodging right into him.

Bloodborne thread is thataway friend

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
entity, or some say spider boogaloo, do you hear our prayers? grant us blood hunts

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They're both adventures in videogame masochism, just one's by design and the other is by ineptitude

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The Byrgenwerth spider does hide all manner of rituals :hmmyes:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

"The state of this loving game.
I just played a game on mothers dwelling and there were two russians who run to this spot near the exit gate. You can't hit them there as a killer. It's like there is an invisible wall that only blocks killers, but survivors can stand there."

lmao sick, this was also there and I couldn't find evidence from googling but

"This is non-bannable and acceptable according to the devs. Same with DCing to give your buddy the hatch. Only bad stuff like J Flicking or pausing for Blight are bad."

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Their policy is that exploiting the map as it currently exists using only normal in-game controls isn't bannable, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. It is bullshit that there are still exploitable places that survivors can go that killers can't, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"If you can do it without cheating, we won't ban you for it" feels like the best way to handle that sort of thing. Otherwise, you have the problem of arbitrarily deciding what is or isn't allowed, with no easy way to communicate that in-game, and I don't trust either BHVR or the player base for that to not be an absolute shitshow.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I feel like "There's a spot where you're just plain old invincible and you're being a shitter and holding the game hostage with it" should probably be a "Do it with evidence and get booted" one.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Holding the game hostage is bannable fwiw

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yardbomb posted:

I feel like "There's a spot where you're just plain old invincible and you're being a shitter and holding the game hostage with it" should probably be a "Do it with evidence and get booted" one.
I am not sure how you could hold a game hostage in these situations, though I remember seeing it in the DBD rules and such as well. How is this accomplished?

Like this fellow here, sure, he's invincible if he stands there, right? But he has to stand there, and I notice a lack of generators there. At most, he's basically giving me a de-facto hook in exchange for potentially being able to open the gate very fast when all generators are done.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nessus posted:

I am not sure how you could hold a game hostage in these situations, though I remember seeing it in the DBD rules and such as well. How is this accomplished?

By just standing there until the killer gets sick of it, remember which game we're playing, there's absolutely terrible nerdlingers that would go there and then alt-tab out until you quit, it's happened with previous invincible spots.

Cease to Hope posted:

Holding the game hostage is bannable fwiw

Hopefully they get some of the people being the worst with it for this at least.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean that literally happened with the recent bug on the bus, where survivors could and were running in there and not moving because the killer couldn't get in through an invisible wall. The devs did jump on that one pretty quick.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yardbomb posted:

By just standing there until the killer gets sick of it, remember which game we're playing, there's absolutely terrible nerdlingers that would go there and then alt-tab out until you quit, it's happened with previous invincible spots.
Oh I see, they make it impossible for the killer to win because there's a survivor they can't kill, and the goal is to irritate another human being.

It seems like you could neutralize this to some extent by having some kind of (very long) 'after this point, the endgame collapse is triggered' timer.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
On the one hand, something like a 30-40 minute timeout would probs be more than generous, but on the other hand I do not trust the devs to actually implement a time limit. It would probably run on your total time played that session or something dumb. Or add up everyone's time in match together.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TGLT posted:

On the one hand, something like a 30-40 minute timeout would probs be more than generous, but on the other hand I do not trust the devs to actually implement a time limit. It would probably run on your total time played that session or something dumb. Or add up everyone's time in match together.
45 minutes popped into my head, possibly lowering slightly if you lost a couple of people.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Thanks for the advice. :) Speaking of Wraith, should I cloak during a chase for the added speed boost (especially when reappearing)? Or should I stay uncloaked in case I need to make a lunge or sudden 180 degree swing?

Also, a few Survivors seem to know where I am when I am close while cloaked. How is that possible? I thought I was totally undetectable? Do my footsteps still make noise?

Last, if I enjoy stealthy Killers like Wraith, who else should I try? Maybe Ghostface or Michael Myers? I didn't seem to like Spirit's play style on a few playthroughs, but that could change.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ghost Face for sure, Miguel Myers has fun stuff but he's definitely feeling dated some nowadays, even discounting power creep.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cease to Hope posted:

Their policy is that exploiting the map as it currently exists using only normal in-game controls isn't bannable, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. It is bullshit that there are still exploitable places that survivors can go that killers can't, though.

Yeah, I think on the Yamaoka Estate map there's some bushes the Survivors can slip through, but the Killer can't. The gap seems wide enough, but nope. :argh:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Thanks for the advice. :) Speaking of Wraith, should I cloak during a chase for the added speed boost (especially when reappearing)? Or should I stay uncloaked in case I need to make a lunge or sudden 180 degree swing

If you're using windstorm (or they finally drop the next chapter) then yeah, unless you think you can catch up faster than cloaking and uncloaking. The lunge you get coming out of invisibility is pretty good and the added speed will let you cut off a survivor.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Next Chapter drops Tuesday, so do that starting Tuesday

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yeah, I think on the Yamaoka Estate map there's some bushes the Survivors can slip through, but the Killer can't. The gap seems wide enough, but nope. :argh:

I think this is the non-exploit random disparity that makes me the most exasperated when it happens, like REALLY now, David can pass through this gap and Legion can't? Thanks for the broken chase.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Personally I always try to be cloaked with Wraith unless I'm about to hit someone. He's so much faster while cloaked (and will be faster still come Tuesday's buff) that my sequence goes A) get close while cloaked, B) decloak and bonk someone, C) cloak again, outrun them and go to step A

Also keep in mind you aren't really invisible while moving, you give off a kind of Predator-ish shimmer that can be spotted if someone's looking for it. You're totally invisible if you're standing still, though.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 29, 2021

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yardbomb posted:

"The state of this loving game.
I just played a game on mothers dwelling and there were two russians who run to this spot near the exit gate. You can't hit them there as a killer. It's like there is an invisible wall that only blocks killers, but survivors can stand there."

lmao sick, this was also there and I couldn't find evidence from googling but

"This is non-bannable and acceptable according to the devs. Same with DCing to give your buddy the hatch. Only bad stuff like J Flicking or pausing for Blight are bad."

They've disabled the Red Forest so they're aware it seems

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

DeathChicken posted:

Personally I always try to be cloaked with Wraith unless I'm about to hit someone. He's so much faster while cloaked (and will be faster still come Tuesday's buff) that my sequence goes A) get close while cloaked, B) decloak and bonk someone, C) cloak again, outrun them and go to step A

Also keep in mind you aren't really invisible while moving, you give off a kind of Predator-ish shimmer that can be spotted if someone's looking for it. You're totally invisible if you're standing still, though.

It's 30 meters from the test server IIRC.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Meanwhile Gideon's as a whole sucks as a map, but Legion surprisingly isn't all that bothered by it. Look at you sprinting for every safe pallet *vaults it and hits you anyway*

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
not sure if i have ever posted in this thread but i used to play a bit on the pc and would bitch about how poorly optimized this fuckin game is. i have a 750 ti which dont get me wrong is a piece of garbage at this point but every other popular multiplayer game ran totally fine on it.

well now i have a ps5! and i am wondering if this game a) runs well, b) gets updates on time c) has a not lovely community.

I had most of the licensed DLC up to I think Ghostface and it would suck to have to buy it again but it's not a huge deal to me, especially since the game goes on sale a lot. is there any chance it goes free-to-play for the base version any time soon?

seems like right now i could get the special edition, ghostface leatherface and halloween for ~$30 which, considering i paid less than like $15 total for everything on pc thanks for humble isnt great but I am itching to play it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It runs great on a PS5 and due to crossplay the community is healthy. You can’t bring anything over from the PC version so it’s rebuy time! And the updates happen at the same time on all versions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Here's the secret to enjoying DBD: Never open the chat, never read the forums, never engage with the "fans," and never, ever convince yourself that you have to be good at the game to enjoy it. I love to rag on it, and on BHVR, but DBD is a unique, janky, wonderfully broken experience generator masquerading as an asymmetrical PVP game.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 29, 2021

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Or leave the chat on, if you are equal parts masochist and sadist.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Most people just say gg to me :3: I also consider it a win if I killed nobody but got a lot of bloodpoints though

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I had my first 32k+2pip game as ol Leatherface just now. Finally, Hawkins is good for something.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Danaru posted:

Most people just say gg to me :3: I also consider it a win if I killed nobody but got a lot of bloodpoints though

Two BBQ stacks and odds are you've made more BP than the individual survivors. :)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hell, you can make more BP than the survivors just dicking around. I find it much easier to get points as a killer than as a survivor.

If I die as a survivor but make more points than the killer on the results screen, I consider myself a winner.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Here's the secret to enjoying DBD: Never open the chat, never read the forums, never engage with the "fans," and never, ever convince yourself that you have to be good at the game to enjoy it. I love to rag on it, and on BHVR, but DBD is a unique, janky, wonderfully broken experience generator masquerading as an asymmetrical PVP game.

what's neat is that there's a bunch of decent DBD content out there too. From good content to extremely dumb memes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I wish there was a gallery screen or something just for GF's moris

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DeathChicken posted:

How do you bonk them in time? You spend time ringing the bell and moving slowly for a brief second before speeding up out of decloak which gives the Survivor a head start. I'm pretty sure you can't attack or lunge while decloaking.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Wraith get a lunge bonus after uncloaking. Its the OG coup de grace

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If the surv is literally running away from you the instant you start the uncloak you won't hit even with the lunge, but that would mean you're doing it with full awareness of the surv; both running full speed already in chase, completely out in the open. Ideally you're not doing it quite like that and at least using geometry to limit their escape route to going back past you before you commit to the uncloak.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The silent clapper addon for Wraith is loving hilarious because you can pretty much zero shift out from behind something and bonk someone before the terror radius kicks in :allears: