Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I always knew Geraint Thomas was a shitposter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

This fantasy thing is neat. I look forward to sliding further and further down the ranks each race!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

I mean he's not wrong

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

Aston Martin will not podium this year

They will

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I like my team a lot, but I need to find a track where Big Valtteri will beat Sir Lewis so I can mash that 3x button

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Doesn't seem likely if they're claiming to have lost a second in pace from the floor being trimmed

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
also lol at alonso, his mid season meltdown is going to be glorious

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Motorsport.com: Sandwich wrapper caused Alonso's retirement.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sandwich-wrapper-caused-alonsos-retirement-/5969879/amp/

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

he shouldn't be eating in the car imho, the fia should give him a fine for littering

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

track day bro! posted:

he shouldn't be eating in the car imho, the fia should give him a fine for littering

:hai: they should pull his license for eating while driving, that's incredibly unsafe even at the speed he was going

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

But he gets cranky when he doesn’t have his snack!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Mazepin might finish more races than Alonso since Alonso is 100% guaranteed to have engine trouble if he isn’t in the top 10.

Mazepin might not even finish a lap though so I’m probably wrong.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
"Mattia Binotto seems to be enjoying his new line up, one he says he can “finally” count on to deliver. The Ferrari team boss told Sky Italia:

“I’m really happy with the drivers, I’m happy to be able to count on both of them finally Carlos did a very good race with the pace. And then the motivation is important, the wish to grow as a team and not only with the drivers"

god dammit binotto

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Zeta Acosta posted:

"Mattia Binotto seems to be enjoying his new line up, one he says he can “finally” count on to deliver. The Ferrari team boss told Sky Italia:

“I’m really happy with the drivers, I’m happy to be able to count on both of them finally Carlos did a very good race with the pace. And then the motivation is important, the wish to grow as a team and not only with the drivers"

god dammit binotto

it's the first race of the season, there's plenty of time for the Scud boys to dominate

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

also lol at alonso, his mid season meltdown is going to be glorious

He's not going to stay calm until mid-season

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

god dammit binotto

I'm not putting a ferrari on my team, binotto

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

Doesn't seem likely if they're claiming to have lost a second in pace from the floor being trimmed

It was kind of incredible when they got Otmar on the phone during the race and he moaned so much about the floor regulations that Brundle and Croft just spent a full minute dunking on him once he left.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The avatar is getting to me because I might put a Ferrari on my team. DTS gave me false Lance Stroll hope.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It was kind of incredible when they got Otmar on the phone during the race and he moaned so much about the floor regulations that Brundle and Croft just spent a full minute dunking on him once he left.

Me, drinking my coffee during that part of the race, "Sorry you can't just run last year's Mercedes dude, must be tough."

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

carlos double pass on alonso and vettel was pretty fucken epic if you ask me

he's a good boy who loves his dad

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Pook Good Mook posted:

Me, drinking my coffee during that part of the race, "Sorry you can't just run last year's Mercedes dude, must be tough."
Don't know why more teams don't try Force India Racing Point's trick. It's not like Haas or Williams could do worse if they'd just eyeballed the W10 or RB16 instead of spending huge amounts of time and money to create new cars that are doomed to pootle around at the back anyway.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol at being whiny about a bunch of self-inflicted injuries given how long they were aware of the aero changes and the fact that they fired a decent driver and replaced him with village idiot sebastian vettel

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

In a way this is good news for him because it shows that the pace he was wringing out of that car to keep it just about in the points was genuine. If the brakes went because Alonso was damaging them driving too aggressively it would be worse news. Ocon needs to worry about losing his seat to Zhou though if he is going to be that far off Alonso's pace.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

like what the gently caress was Seb doing when he drove into Ocon lmao

completely eyes off the road poo poo

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

If I was the team manager of a car suffering because of low rake I would simply increase the rake.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a pipe smoking dog posted:

If I was the team manager of a car suffering because of low rake I would simply increase the rake.

the last thing that team needs is more rakes

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

I loved that Ocon turning his car into the corner = why is he weaving to defend

Any later and he wouldn't make the corner dumbass

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

FAUXTON posted:

The slip stream sucks you in during braking, it’s a common thing but he is poo poo at racing in traffic and this is just the latest example of it. I’ve done that once in karting and then just stopped braking later in karting when I was chasing someone down unless I was going down the inside.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
didn't he do like the same thing multiple times last season, locking his brakes and then just spearing into the back of someone on corner entry

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the corona quid posted:

The slip stream sucks you in during braking, it’s a common thing but he is poo poo at racing in traffic and this is just the latest example of it. I’ve done that once in karting and then just stopped braking later in karting when I was chasing someone down unless I was going down the inside.

yeah you learned after one instance but he's got 4 WDCs behind him

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

track day bro! posted:

didn't he do like the same thing multiple times last season, locking his brakes and then just spearing into the back of someone on corner entry

Probably.

Seb is fast but he just doesn’t use his head in traffic ever. It’s not the most uncommon thing in the world tbh but I think that instance was very dumb as he wasn’t really in a position to pass there either way.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

He did it to Verstappen at Silverstone in 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUixlLrO6c

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

FAUXTON posted:

yeah you learned after one instance but he's got 4 WDCs behind him

exactly. His crying about it how it was Ocon's fault on the radio was made it more hilarious.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

When you think about cheating to overtake the people's champ and then having to give it back.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

He did it to Verstappen at Silverstone in 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUixlLrO6c

lol right down to the radio whining but because it was max it's fine imo

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

peepeepants posted:

exactly. His crying about it how it was Ocon's fault on the radio was made it more hilarious.

Him being suprised that Ocon was going to be there was the far more alarming thing to me. I can understand the braking thing, it’s a nuanced thing and hard to think about in the heat of the moment. But I’m not sure why he was expecting Ocon to stick to the inside.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

the corona quid posted:

Him being suprised that Ocon was going to be there was the far more alarming thing to me. I can understand the braking thing, it’s a nuanced thing and hard to think about in the heat of the moment. But I’m not sure why he was expecting Ocon to stick to the inside.

"I'm the only driver who chooses this line, no one else would decide to pick the most efficient line. I sure am the best."

-Seb (or Max, or like, half the field)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

seb always said michael schumacher was his idol so it's about time he had a french alpine collision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

seb always said michael schumacher was his idol so it's about time he had a french alpine collision