Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Otana posted:

Isn't that matzo ball soup? I remember not being able to comprehend how it could be tasty, until I cooked it for Seder with my ex-girlfriend once. It's legit pretty drat awesome.

I would assume so, and yeah like so many other pictures in this thread it seems like the only AFP is bad phone camera pictures of dishes like, still in a pot. Ladle some of that in a nice looking bowl and maybe garnish with some chives and get it in good light and it probably looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Male Tears posted:

I guess there's some sort of religious significance to what gets cooked on Seder, but all the posts I've been seeing this weekend have been very unappealing.

None of those are religious per se, as they are just traditional Ashkenazi dishes, apart from the drumsticks, as chicken schnitzel would be more on brand. Ashkenazi cuisine is very simple because it's heavily inspired by Eastern European peasant dishes plus even more poverty somehow. But it's hearty and comforting.

The first photo, I assume, is kugel, and it's hard to tell if it's the one made with noodles or with grated potatoes (or somehow both?). Either way, doesn't look right. Too thin and too dry as a result.

The chicken, as I said, I don't think is traditionally Jewish (at least not where I'm from), but it's just oven-baked with some spices. I'm sure it's fine.

The kneydl (matzo ball soup) is great in general, but adding some carrots could really benefit the one in that photo.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
soup's good, it's just that particular pic reminds me of that photo of a bunch of brains floating in a tub of murky liquid.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

that photo of a bunch of brains floating in a tub of murky liquid.
:catstare:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Have a sip

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
now we know why he diddled kids

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Aardvark! posted:

I want to see someone make ramen but use one of these instead of the flavor packet

Forgot the cups come pre seasoned, sans packet, we can fix that.

Gotta air fry some tofu in a bit of the mix too.

Added the vegies back in, 'cause why not?

*heavy breathing*

The lighting here doesn't show how disturbingly green it is.

All zhuzhed up, went with a poached egg because I had hot water on the hob already, and was feeling lazy.

So I'm gonna be 100% straight and level with y'all, I expected to gag this down in the spirit of internet humor, but I didn't have to, I enjoyed eating it it might be better than normal chicken ramen. The tangy buttermilk and herbs work well as a soup base, and it clings to the noodles really well. The leftover broth wasn't great, too salty and kinda offputting flavor, but the way it coated the noodles was excellent, and the flavors complimentary. I'm glad I bought the small pouch for sure though, as is it has about 33% more sodium than the ramen flavoring.

Obviously I'll never do it again, and it's nowhere near as tasty as actual good instant ramen (shin black, or miso or tonkatsu base) but it wasn't bad.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Elviscat posted:

So I'm gonna be 100% straight and level with y'all, I expected to gag this down in the spirit of internet humor, but I didn't have to, I enjoyed eating it it might be better than normal chicken ramen. The tangy buttermilk and herbs work well as a soup base, and it clings to the noodles really well. The leftover broth wasn't great, too salty and kinda offputting flavor, but the way it coated the noodles was excellent, and the flavors complimentary. I'm glad I bought the small pouch for sure though, as is it has about 33% more sodium than the ramen flavoring.

Obviously I'll never do it again, and it's nowhere near as tasty as actual good instant ramen (shin black, or miso or tonkatsu base) but it wasn't bad.

Yeah, when discussion was going on I was thinking, just from my experiences and my ability to extrapolate, that wouldn't taste too bad. It's the dry brick with the bottled dressing plus the seasoning packet I had the personal problem with, but what amounts to a tangy alfredo cream sauce would go over decently. I'd add some meat, maybe some nice pink salmon.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What in the world is going on under that pot?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Fresh content from my FB ads

sign me the gently caress up

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

my hero :swoon:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this is a very specific kind of pizza.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

looks good

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Haggis pizza is fine, the issue there is that the M&S own brand haggis is loving dire, it's like a salt lick or something. Scottish food should be peppery not salty.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

would 100%

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Make me a pizza! But with nothing any color besides beige or brown!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLHf7vr1qU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

If he's gonna keep cutting like that I assume it ends with a trip to the hospital?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this blue chips poo poo is out of control

e, ok the blue cheetoes are fake, but the blue takis are not and I've heard they're terrible.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
wHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE AND DESIRE TO CONSUME THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE NOTHING THAT EXISTS IN NATURE

E: Didn't intend all caps, but might as well keep it

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/reece_durrant_/status/1376535133910618118

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Would, while weeping in a corner in shame.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Poor effort, needs to be deep fried

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Maybe it's different elsewhere but in the US cadbury eggs had the recipe changed a while back and they're frankly inedible.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Scarodactyl posted:

Maybe it's different elsewhere but in the US cadbury eggs had the recipe changed a while back and they're frankly inedible.

How can you tell? They were always nasty.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

e, ok the blue cheetoes are fake, but the blue takis are not and I've heard they're terrible.
The blue Takis are fine; there was an earlier iteration (possibly only in Canada?) that looked entirely like a regular Taki but still turned your mouth blue. The best part of them was giving them to my son without telling him the blue-mouth part.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I was banned from getting creme eggs for easter at a young age when I ate an entire package and threw up in the sink moments later.

In Canada last year they had new easter thing that was a similar sort of bunny full of fondant, slightly stiffer than the creme in a creme egg. I had one with coffee on break every morning for 2 or 3 weeks and I know I hate hyperbolic trip reports but it was so much sugar you could taste how many years you were taking out of your pancreas bank.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah, but they were the most palatable Easter candy outside of jelly beans.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

Yup. In the UK the chocolate used was the same as the dairy milk bar and now they use something worse.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i haven't had a candy bar or like, grocery store candy in years, and my daughter got a huge thing of Rolos from a friend for her birthday, i tried one and they taste just awful. did chocolate always taste like a fart?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boar guy posted:

i haven't had a candy bar or like, grocery store candy in years, and my daughter got a huge thing of Rolos from a friend for her birthday, i tried one and they taste just awful. did chocolate always taste like a fart?

Only if it's Hershey's!

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Rolos are uniquely terrible.

Tell your daughter to :sever:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zedprime posted:

I was banned from getting creme eggs for easter at a young age when I ate an entire package and threw up in the sink moments later.

In Canada last year they had new easter thing that was a similar sort of bunny full of fondant, slightly stiffer than the creme in a creme egg. I had one with coffee on break every morning for 2 or 3 weeks and I know I hate hyperbolic trip reports but it was so much sugar you could taste how many years you were taking out of your pancreas bank.

I bought like five Reese Eggs last week because the peanut butter to chocolate ratio makes them taste more like the reese cups of my childhood, before the grocery shrink ray got to em

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scarodactyl posted:

Is this known for sure? Is it about the chocolate or the filling? I ask because my annual tradition of hoarding up a handful of them that I've honored since I was a kid is becoming less and less of an irresistible siren song; whenever I go get one from my stash it just doesn't seem as good as it used to, but I'm not sure how or why. I think someone said something about how the fondant used to be different between the "white" and "yolk" and now it's just a mass of undifferentiated sugary blah, but this is all a weird telephone game of anecdotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

boar guy posted:

Usually butyric acid is described as reminiscient of vomit, but "fart" seems valid too.