Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it

remigious posted:

I am afraid to ask, but what is purple crying?

From what I can tell by the website, it's a less-pathological way of describing a colicky baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Carotid posted:

From what I can tell by the website, it's a less-pathological way of describing a colicky baby.

Oh thank the lord it’s not an upcoming phase I was unaware of!
On another note, I think that everyone that says you don’t need a lot of things for a baby is full of crap. I have a bouncer, swing, and activity mat thing and I am so grateful to have multiple activities to keep the little guy entertained. I guess maybe you don’t need all of that stuff, but it sure is nice.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

It is distinct from colic from what I understand. It is just a weird phase that a lot (but not all!) babies go through around 5-11wks where over a few weeks they cry more and more for no discernible reason then gradually cry less and less. People start to panic because it seems like their baby is getting worse and worse despite them doing everything right, and it hits right as sleep deprivation is starting to get to absolutely critical levels.

Like all things baby it of course has to be given a cute name and branded to sell poo poo.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Yeah I dunno I just use it to describe those first few months where there is lots of crying and it is sometimes for no discernible (or solvable) reason at all, you just have to ride it out.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
At the classes we went to it was like "This is the really, really, seriously do not shake your baby" phase.

Our girl never really had it. Best wishes to the goonparents who have to deal with it.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

We never got purple screaming, but our 3 mo old is noticeably more fussy at night. She absolutely does the extreme fussing on the verge of sleep, with her eyes closed and intermittent periods of faux-sleeping. This especially sucks because one false move and wham, eyes wide open and we are back to square like...2 or 3. We also have a 70 year old home with hardwood floors, so we have to step very very carefully upon leaving or entering various rooms.

Anyways, we are mostly able to have her sticking her tongue out when we do it at her, and that’s pretty cool.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
URP resurfaces around 12-15 months I’ve noticed

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Fwiw, my kiddo didn't have a purple crying phase.

Could not nap for more than 30 minutes until the 4 month mark.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Day 7 our 2.5 year old refuses to nap. He’s sleeping like poo poo at night waking up 1-2 times throughout the night as well.

gently caress me.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

nwin posted:

Day 7 our 2.5 year old refuses to nap. He’s sleeping like poo poo at night waking up 1-2 times throughout the night as well.

gently caress me.

nwin posted:

I am you and you are me.

Not day 7 but ours naps like dog poo poo on weekends and today was no exception.

We broke out the big guns and put him in the car. It still took him 30 minutes of driving around to knock him out

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Renegret posted:

Not day 7 but ours naps like dog poo poo on weekends and today was no exception.

We broke out the big guns and put him in the car. It still took him 30 minutes of driving around to knock him out

I used to do that when he was just under 2. Might have to try it tomorrow.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

All our toddler does if driven around for 30+ minutes is puke.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
My kid went through PURPLE crying when she was tiny. Every night around 7pm for about a month. She was a 100% perfect, happy, smiley baby the rest of the day/night, so it was really distressing for us.

Now, at nearly 2 years old, we are starting the meltdowns where her body suddenly stops working and she goes crashing to the ground, often banging her leg/arm/head, making the meltdown 10x worse.

Edit: I learned about PURPLE crying in a parent and infant early education/public health group, and it was hand in hand with shaken baby syndrome. Basically, “It’s common for babies in this age group to cry with these specific traits, you are not alone, it’s common enough we gave it a name. Shaken baby syndrome also happens most often within this time frame, and again, it will pass, so don’t shake ur kid.” I believe it originated with raising awareness to prevent shaken baby, so is not just some Internet fad catch phrase. Instead of parents thinking there’s something wrong with how their child is behaving, they can remind themselves that it’s PURPLE, and it can help take away a bit of the frustration, or at least, channel it away from the baby.

Today was a really good day, though. Went with a mom friend to an indoor pool, and she LOVED it. She’s never been truly swimming before, just splashing around in lakes. They had a shallow splash pool for little kids with a water slide, and it was the best thing ever. She napped like a champ and was in a great, silly mood the rest of the day. I tried to soak it up as much as possible.

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 28, 2021

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

meanolmrcloud posted:

We never got purple screaming, but our 3 mo old is noticeably more fussy at night. She absolutely does the extreme fussing on the verge of sleep, with her eyes closed and intermittent periods of faux-sleeping. This especially sucks because one false move and wham, eyes wide open and we are back to square like...2 or 3. We also have a 70 year old home with hardwood floors, so we have to step very very carefully upon leaving or entering various rooms.

Anyways, we are mostly able to have her sticking her tongue out when we do it at her, and that’s pretty cool.

FWIW we had a witching hour most nights around that age and before. Could be that? Not exactly purple crying but it is basically crying for no reason at the same time each night or most nights. It stops quicker than purple crying in the long run and each episode doesn’t last as long

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Newborn question: the only thing my son scratches is his face so where TF is all his nail grime coming from?!?

Edit: Babies make me question the laws of matter conservation.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

KirbyKhan posted:

Newborn question: the only thing my son scratches is his face so where TF is all his nail grime coming from?!?

Edit: Babies make me question the laws of matter conservation.

Our kid is the same way. It’s like wolverine healing factor knives coming out of his hands. Constantly scratching himself but somehow there’s a bunch of junk under there too.

He met grandpa this weekend for the very first time. Can’t wait for this pandemic to be over.

I saw some research that MMR is protecting kids from Covid and that you can request it as early as 6mo. Im guessing the infant covid research won’t be done in 2 months so I will probably ask for an early MMR. The kid still needs the 1 year and the 4 year booster but if I can cover him earlier then I’ll go for it.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Our grandparents are finally fully vaccinated so we have allowed them to come over to our place and see the twins.

We feel so liberated right now. They have helped take care of the kids and have allowed me and my wife a little breathing room. We have been able to cook and clean without worrying about the twins crawling around everywhere and we were even able to go to the park the other day and have a “date” without having to worry about the kids for a few hours. They even offered to let us take a weekend away. We are going to take them up on it and probably go to the mountains next month.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

space uncle posted:

I saw some research that MMR is protecting kids from Covid and that you can request it as early as 6mo. Im guessing the infant covid research won’t be done in 2 months so I will probably ask for an early MMR. The kid still needs the 1 year and the 4 year booster but if I can cover him earlier then I’ll go for it.

I think the mmr stuff is still pretty speculative so I wouldn't change your behavior based on getting it.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Welp, today is entirely ruined because kiddo managed to get his foot stuck in the bars of his crib halfway through his first nap and now he's cranky but won't sleep and is just being a colossal pain in the rear end about everything. Throwing food, hitting us, screaming at everything refusing to play. We get it youre tired, just sleep please. Please.

His first nap is usually about an hour and a half, today it was 25 minutes before Footgate happened. This is on top of waking up an hour and a half early this morning.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Day 8 of no naps, but two Firsts I’m unhappy to report:

1) he decided eating play doh would be fun. He got a piece the size of a raisinet down, but most was in his teeth.

2) he pooped in the tub. It wasn’t blue, so I can’t say the two firsts are related.

The only interesting thing was as soon as he pooped and I went “nonono” and got him to his potty to finish up (we haven’t started potty training, just reading some books and sitting him on the potty now and then), he immediately said “sorry” a bunch of times and meant it.

This is the same kid that acts like he’s not listening to me and refuses to listen when we tell him “no”, which has been the case multiple times an hour/day.

I’m at my wits end with this kid. I don’t mind the two firsts, but his inability to nap or listen is killing me...I’m loving just done. My wife hates seeing me like this and I feel like I can’t help it. Counseling starts tomorrow and probably some Wellbutrin because of life.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How the hell do you stop clinginess? We just had a disastrous play date where our 15 month old would literally not leave my side the entire time. I’m not sure there’s a fix at this point except daycare and crying it out. She doesn’t even like her mom, just me. I’m tired of it and I hate myself for wanting to see less of my daughter. It’s just exhausting. She’s been attached to me for loving months now.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Waffles and Mochi on Netflix is pretty decent FYI.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

nwin posted:

I’m at my wits end with this kid. I don’t mind the two firsts, but his inability to nap or listen is killing me...I’m loving just done. My wife hates seeing me like this and I feel like I can’t help it. Counseling starts tomorrow and probably some Wellbutrin because of life.

my 2.5 yo is sleeping badly at the moment too, being sleep deprived makes everything so much worse. as for listening we taught him to 'turn on' his listening ears. now if he's ignoring me i just ask him where his listening ears are and he 'turns them on' and then we can have a conversation

nachos posted:

How the hell do you stop clinginess? We just had a disastrous play date where our 15 month old would literally not leave my side the entire time. I’m not sure there’s a fix at this point except daycare and crying it out. She doesn’t even like her mom, just me. I’m tired of it and I hate myself for wanting to see less of my daughter. It’s just exhausting. She’s been attached to me for loving months now.

if you work it out please tell me. my son is attached to me and has been for months. I think it's getting my wife down and I am exhausted :(

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

nwin posted:

Day 8 of no naps, but two Firsts I’m unhappy to report:

1) he decided eating play doh would be fun. He got a piece the size of a raisinet down, but most was in his teeth.

2) he pooped in the tub. It wasn’t blue, so I can’t say the two firsts are related.

The only interesting thing was as soon as he pooped and I went “nonono” and got him to his potty to finish up (we haven’t started potty training, just reading some books and sitting him on the potty now and then), he immediately said “sorry” a bunch of times and meant it.

This is the same kid that acts like he’s not listening to me and refuses to listen when we tell him “no”, which has been the case multiple times an hour/day.

gently caress that sounds rough. All of it.

As an aside I’m on Wellbutrin for anxiety and depression and it hasn’t been doing jack for me but I started Zoloft today and dealing with nausea and a kid who also didn’t nap. Hope the nausea is worth it and ends, but I can say the no nap was worth it as he slept in the car (we went to the park and picnicked and it tuckered him out). Except tonight—he was a wild man tonight and not listening to a single goddamn thing. It took me fifteen minutes just to get him to his room for a bath and another fifteen after saying goodnight to Mommy. Then it’s “ima fuckin throw all my stuffed animals all over the place while actively not listening” to the point I had to threaten to take away story time. Then he toed the line but only after one last hurrah, which consisted of grabbing a pair of suspenders (I don’t know what the gently caress) and stretching them around the back of his neck until one slipped and snapped him in the face. No blood but FFS kid, your determination to not listen knows no bounds

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It finally happened, the sleepless night. I am prepared, the routine accomodates for this. But lmao this poo poo suck, like I know he needs to poop, he knows he needs to poop, it has been like 23 hours since his last poop and bicycle kicks and tummy rubs have been liberally applied. Come here baby, it is time for your first poo poo post.

,dcf ksma e;dorl3-]]sxd

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So we did our first beach day ever. Things were going great, baby sitting on blanket, I'm holding her upright and she's started supporting herself, I ask Mrs Hadlock where X is in the diaper bag, she responds. Baby turns to her voice. I pull thing out of bag, baby turns to look at X on the water and immediately face plants, full stop into the sand just beyond the blanket. Sand in eyes, sand up nostrils, sand everywhere

I am counting this as a win because it's the first time the baby has had any kind of accident, and it ended up falling into relatively soft beach sand, rather than say, rolling off the bed, or onto broken glass or whatever. Baby was completely unfazed

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

my stepdads beer posted:

my 2.5 yo is sleeping badly at the moment too, being sleep deprived makes everything so much worse. as for listening we taught him to 'turn on' his listening ears. now if he's ignoring me i just ask him where his listening ears are and he 'turns them on' and then we can have a conversation

I’m trying to figure out some way to “get through” to him and maybe that would work. It’s so hard to figure out what he does and doesn’t understand, because this dude loves to push my buttons.

life is killing me posted:

gently caress that sounds rough. All of it.

As an aside I’m on Wellbutrin for anxiety and depression and it hasn’t been doing jack for me but I started Zoloft today and dealing with nausea and a kid who also didn’t nap. Hope the nausea is worth it and ends, but I can say the no nap was worth it as he slept in the car (we went to the park and picnicked and it tuckered him out). Except tonight—he was a wild man tonight and not listening to a single goddamn thing. It took me fifteen minutes just to get him to his room for a bath and another fifteen after saying goodnight to Mommy. Then it’s “ima fuckin throw all my stuffed animals all over the place while actively not listening” to the point I had to threaten to take away story time. Then he toed the line but only after one last hurrah, which consisted of grabbing a pair of suspenders (I don’t know what the gently caress) and stretching them around the back of his neck until one slipped and snapped him in the face. No blood but FFS kid, your determination to not listen knows no bounds

Yeah these terrible twos are poo poo. It doesn’t help that both of our wives are pregnant, I’m sure. I feel like I need to try and do more and I beat myself up because I’m not nearly as calm as my wife is around him. She tries to explain that it’s her full time job and all that, but I still get down about it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My wife and I have an 11 month old, our only child, and things are going pretty well.

I've started realizing that in like a year and a half, we might start to think about having another kid and I'm having thoughts I thought I wouldn't have. I always assumed I'd want at least two kids; both my wife and I have siblings and they are very much a big part of our life.

But I find myself wondering if we can realistically handle the added complexity. We both work, and my wife had a seriously nuts postpartum issue that required some heavy antipsychotics to get under control. I feel like we are just barely, but happily, living life right now, able to make plans and carry them out and do things that we want to do within and with the baby.

I'm feeling torn because I'd love for my daughter to have a sibling. Any parents of only children care to chime in? Or, any parents who were only children themselves? Just looking for some other perspectives.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

External Organs posted:

My wife and I have an 11 month old, our only child, and things are going pretty well.

I've started realizing that in like a year and a half, we might start to think about having another kid and I'm having thoughts I thought I wouldn't have. I always assumed I'd want at least two kids; both my wife and I have siblings and they are very much a big part of our life.

But I find myself wondering if we can realistically handle the added complexity. We both work, and my wife had a seriously nuts postpartum issue that required some heavy antipsychotics to get under control. I feel like we are just barely, but happily, living life right now, able to make plans and carry them out and do things that we want to do within and with the baby.

I'm feeling torn because I'd love for my daughter to have a sibling. Any parents of only children care to chime in? Or, any parents who were only children themselves? Just looking for some other perspectives.

We had a very similar post-partum situation both for my wife specifically as well as the general "just barely hanging on" feeling and very quickly decided that we were one-and-done.

I sometimes worry that my kid will miss out on having a sibling like I do but then I remember that a lot of the multiple kids stuff is driven by our parents who had the time, space, and financial means to comfortably raise multiples and their parents/grandparents/etc who needed more hands to work or were playing the numbers game against child mortality.

The downside for us is that this past year has relied a lot more on actively playing with our kid whenever he wants to even if we don't and a bit too much TV but that's more about the state of the world and having to avoid spending time with his friends during a pandemic than it is about having a sibling.

Ask yourself why you want your kid to have a sibling. If it's "built in friend" that's an extremely reductive view on a complex psychological relationship. If it's something you feel you missed out on because you didn't have one, for every person with a sibling who they can't live without I'm sure you could find one who wishes they were an only child or who don't really have a relationship with their sibling.

You don't have to look for excuses or let anyone else tell you how to have a family. If you guys are done, be done. You don't owe another child to anyone, even your own kid.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Adoption is always an option too! Bonus is you don't need to get a baby, you can adopt at a higher age and not go through the sleepless nights again!

We have two. I told my husband the factory is closed for good. I don't want to give up my body for another year and my last pregnancy re-triggered my graves disease. If we decide we want a third child, we are going to adopt one that is no younger than our current / no older than our eldest. I've already found someone I'm going to be giving all of my baby stuff to as soon as we're both fully vaccinated and can be in the same space safely again.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

nwin posted:

I’m trying to figure out some way to “get through” to him and maybe that would work. It’s so hard to figure out what he does and doesn’t understand, because this dude loves to push my buttons.

Yeah these terrible twos are poo poo. It doesn’t help that both of our wives are pregnant, I’m sure. I feel like I need to try and do more and I beat myself up because I’m not nearly as calm as my wife is around him. She tries to explain that it’s her full time job and all that, but I still get down about it.

He understands more than we probably assume he does, I’m finding out my kid’s understanding of language is far past what I assumed.

And the T2s are poo poo all around, although there are lots of awesome things too. I just think we have to give ourselves a break—our wives do, and we aren’t perfect. I do the same thing and it can go on for hours.

External Organs posted:

FWIW I was an only child and often was envious of friends who had siblings. I had a step sister starting around 12 but we loving hated each others’ guts at the time so she doesn’t count when we were kids (we are good now). I never had that big boisterous and chaotic family life and if I was grounded or something that meant there was just basically my imagination instead of a sibling to occupy time. My wife has two younger brothers and they are all close, so it’s kind of interesting to see that dynamic and know what I didn’t have then.

Contrast this with the fact we’re expecting our second child late next month and we are happy to give our kiddo a sibling...not sure if we are going to stop or not but we aren’t getting younger and two will be a handful. We had initially talked of at least three so if we continue on we will probably adopt as this second pregnancy has been tough on my wife.

I think whatever y’all decide is best for your family, then you’re right. There are more options than just getting pregnant again, too.

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 29, 2021

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
We are in month 21 of our second child and while it's harder than the first ever was, we're doing it so that they'll have each other when we're both gone. We had kids starting a bit late (mid-late 30s) so we know we likely won't grow old with them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

External Organs posted:

Everything is so random you have to just go with your gut. My dad had his own upper middle class work from home business so mom was full time parent, and my sister and I had a terrible relationship. My wife's parents both worked sometimes multiple jobs and her brother is her best friend and gets sad knowing our son will grow up without having that sibling connection. I imagine that if you both really want a second kid you'd probably find a way to make it work, but that's no guarantee they'd be best bud siblings or anything. Hell even just having one kid can get you the next Hitler or the kid who cures cancer.

On an unrelated note, how do I make sure my son doesn't become the next Hitler? It's gotta be tied to how much Blippy he watches, right?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

External Organs posted:

I'm from a family with two children about two years apart. All my peers growing up were from families with two children about two years apart. It was just the default model, the ideal family, and I knew all my life that when I grew up I wanted two children about two years apart. My wife is an only child, so having just one kid was her default expectation.

And when ours was born I realized that she was right. We are overwhelmed. We love her to bits, but there is absolutely no way that adding a newborn to our house would improve the situation. We are just barely hanging on as it is, and I think my wife is going to have some sort of low-key long-term trauma from losing her bodily autonomy. So we're one and done.

She's two years old now and I've come to terms with her being an only child, and am kind of excited for it now. I can focus all my enthusiasm for child rearing on this one tiny human. I'm looking forward to pandemic restrictions lifting so that we can get out of the house and make some little friends.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Blinkz0rz posted:

Ask yourself why you want your kid to have a sibling. If it's "built in friend" that's an extremely reductive view on a complex psychological relationship. If it's something you feel you missed out on because you didn't have one, for every person with a sibling who they can't live without I'm sure you could find one who wishes they were an only child or who don't really have a relationship with their sibling.

I'm part of the latter group. We don't even send each other cards for birthdays or holidays. No active dislike or anything but growing up she got much more attention and resources because her likes strongly overlapped with my dad's so it was easy for him to indulge them and she would often get into not great positions which required my parents to help out. No real shared interests to bond over.

There's no biological law that says siblings have to be bestest buddies.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

External Organs posted:

I was an only child. I turned out perfectly normal. Aside from posting here obviously. I really loved being an only child for the most part.

We’re also not having a second kid. My wife really loved growing up with a sibling, but we’re both fine with only having one kid. The level of effort would be impossible for us I think to have a second. We just can’t do it and keep our sanity.

My only issue as growing up as an only child was my parent’s attitude about things. I don’t think that’s a problem that would have been fixed by siblings though.

Dont need to dive into e/n territory here but if you’re concerned enough to think about your child’s future enjoyment and well-being then you’re gonna be a great parent to your daughter regardless of whether they have a sibling or not.

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
I'm an only child and I don't recall ever wishing for a sibling. I liked having all the attention to myself, thank you very much. And I had plenty of cousins and school friends to play with, so I wasn't ever really lonely.

My husband is also an only child, and we are one and done. Just continuing the trend, I guess. Sometimes, especially during this pandemic, I wish she had a sibling to play with. It is drat hard to get any kind of work done with a very needy five year old hanging around. But generally this is what has been best for our family and I don't regret it.

Sweet Gulch
May 8, 2007

That metaphor just went somewhere horrible.
I thought I'd be done after two, but we're seriously considering a third. The worst part has been the sleep deprivation (youngest is 2.5 and only now sleeping well). The oldest is 6 and they currently adore each other.

My brother and I were just under 2 years apart & never got along as kids. We're cordial now. We're just entirely different people who wouldn't be friends in any other circumstance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"
I have three siblings, who are 6, 10, and 12 years older than me. Since they're so much older than me we never really had typical sibling rivalries, maybe a little bit with the one who's only 6 years older than me, but I am super close with all of them. I can't imagine not having at least one sibling, and our first has been a very easy baby so we're definitely planning on at least a second. (Who will probably be a nightmare lolz) I would love to have a big family like I had but I think three is our hard limit, and probably only two, because man it's a different world now than the one my parents brought us up in, and I feel conflicted enough about my incredibly strong urge to procreate in this day and age.

e: anyone have any advice for making it easier to give the kiddo medication? he's 14 months and having his first ear infection, and having to give liquid amoxicillin plus tylenol plus anti-tussive meds through a syringe every few hours .. well, we're lucky if most of it ends up down his throat. seriously, anyone got a trick for making a screaming, writhing almost-toddler chill out a bit to take their meds?

boquiabierta fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 29, 2021