Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

One writer tweeted that an episode they didn't make was Mark Beaks forming his own for-profit Adventuring Team, kinda sad we never saw that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Of course Beaks is the kids' villain. You want the World's Oldest Man trying to make a social media platform?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

One writer tweeted that an episode they didn't make was Mark Beaks forming his own for-profit Adventuring Team, kinda sad we never saw that one.

There probably should have been at least one more Beaks-Boyd episode to round off that rough story edge too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MikeJF posted:

drat, that would be a fitting storyline for him. Obnoxious as gently caress and livestreaming everything. Maybe they can do that in the comics.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

In that part where a roomful of prison boxes lit up to show how many people Launchpad had inspired, I like the implication that most those were probably people Launchpad had dated, given that info from the crew about how Launchpad's ex-girlfriends and boyfriends ended up becoming better people after dating him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

drat, that would be a fitting storyline for him. Obnoxious as gently caress and livestreaming everything. Maybe they can do that in the comics.

Beaks is gonna hijack the podcast for an episode.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
In retrospect, the Split Sword of Swanstantine episode makes a lot more sense as a ruse to get Webby's DNA sample, because Scrooge would be easy. Before or after he started adventuring again, Bradford could have picked it up anywhere in the offices, and between all the scrapes and wounds and shenanigans Scrooge gets in he must leave his DNA all over the world. (obligatory Justice League Unlimited/Batman Beyond joke)

Also, explains why Webby has such a resemblance to the triplets, given she's genetically their cousin. That she's around their age... actually, makes sense, if you figure they put the project in motion on hearing that Scrooge's niece was having kids, since they'd be competitors for the status of heir to Scrooge that they'd want to get ahead of.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 29, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Building off that as well, this is around when the Duck family fell apart. Della in space, Donald disowning Scrooge, Duckworth being murked etc.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
This Duckburg Life, Episode One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDUgXVUpks

Episode contains no series spoilers.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 29, 2021

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In retrospect, the Split Sword of Swanstantine episode makes a lot more sense as a ruse to get Webby's DNA sample, because Scrooge would be easy. Before or after he started adventuring again, Bradford could have picked it up anywhere in the offices, and between all the scrapes and wounds and shenanigans Scrooge gets in he must leave his DNA all over the world. (obligatory Justice League Unlimited/Batman Beyond joke)

Also, explains why Webby has such a resemblance to the triplets, given she's genetically their cousin. That she's around their age... actually, makes sense, if you figure they put the project in motion on hearing that Scrooge's niece was having kids, since they'd be competitors for the status of heir to Scrooge that they'd want to get ahead of.

Technically, she's Donald and Della's cousin and the triplets' aunt

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

maltesh posted:

Goddamn, Danny Pudi got that NPR tone down

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Technically, she's Donald and Della's cousin and the triplets' aunt

Cousin, Once Removed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

maltesh posted:

Not bad, how many episodes is this supposed to be again?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

maltesh posted:

Cousin, Once Removed.

This argument happened in a different TVIV thread and idk if it should happen again.

Also, did Donald's VA change for the podcast because his pitch is like two octaves higher.
Edit: The credits say otherwise. Weird. Maybe just less editing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

This argument happened in a different TVIV thread and idk if it should happen again.

Also, did Donald's VA change for the podcast because his pitch is like two octaves higher.
Edit: The credits say otherwise. Weird. Maybe just less editing.

It’s still Anselmo, I think he just raised his voice up a bit so people could understand him a little better (pretty sure he does the same thing in the Kingdom Hearts series come to think of it) either that or it’s just less edited like you said.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Larryb posted:

Not bad, how many episodes is this supposed to be again?

7 I believe.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

This Duckburg Life - Episode 2: Narratron 3000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCN1Z_ar-m0

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

maltesh posted:

This Duckburg Life - Episode 2: Narratron 3000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCN1Z_ar-m0

Is that Amy Sedaris?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

If they're going to have Donald read the credits, the very least they could do is have them fully closed-captioned. I don't _think_ he said "Amy Sedaris."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is that Amy Sedaris?

She plays Pepper, so it would make sense to get her back for the podcast.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I guess I am going to be That Guy because I actually have a couple of problems with the finale now that I've watched it, one big and one small.
Small problem: we don't get to see a lot of May and June as characters beyond their "eager to please Bradford child-spy" mindwashed persona. But this is because they only show up in this finale, and it basically boils down to "more Ducktales pls" so it hardly counts.
Big problem: a big theme in this whole series has been "family", and that's been basically fine because of Webby; with her not being related to the main family and all, she was the living proof that "family" could also include "found family"; in fact she and her friends were kind of the poster children of found family, especially taking into account that Lena's aunt is the abusive Magica de Spell and Violet has two dads. She herself points it out in this episode: "best friends are like family that you choose!". Buuut since in the finale it's revealed that nope, it turns out Webby was related by blood to the main Duck family all along, it weakens the found family angle quite a bit, and strengthens the "family by blood is important" angle quite a lot, and I find that distasteful.

Does it ruin the show, or even just the finale for me? Not really. They are both still good. But it did irk me.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Minor Question - If I wanted a clip of 2017 Scrooge in his moneybin like the old series, which episode should I go to?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

If you're talking about a dive into the money, one happens at 19:20 into S1E1 "Woo-oo!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcOWOLX1z14&t=1161s

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

paradoxGentleman posted:

I guess I am going to be That Guy because I actually have a couple of problems with the finale now that I've watched it, one big and one small.
Small problem: we don't get to see a lot of May and June as characters beyond their "eager to please Bradford child-spy" mindwashed persona. But this is because they only show up in this finale, and it basically boils down to "more Ducktales pls" so it hardly counts.
Big problem: a big theme in this whole series has been "family", and that's been basically fine because of Webby; with her not being related to the main family and all, she was the living proof that "family" could also include "found family"; in fact she and her friends were kind of the poster children of found family, especially taking into account that Lena's aunt is the abusive Magica de Spell and Violet has two dads. She herself points it out in this episode: "best friends are like family that you choose!". Buuut since in the finale it's revealed that nope, it turns out Webby was related by blood to the main Duck family all along, it weakens the found family angle quite a bit, and strengthens the "family by blood is important" angle quite a lot, and I find that distasteful.

Does it ruin the show, or even just the finale for me? Not really. They are both still good. But it did irk me.

But in the finale it's also revealed that Webby isn't related to Beakley. However, not being related to Beakley by blood didn't mean Webby loves her any less. Beakley was still her granny no matter what. So basically it turned out the family Webby thought she was related through blood to she wasn't and the family she thought she wasn't related through blood to she was, but ultimately it didn't matter or change anything about her life because regardless genetic material all members of her family already loved her and will continue to do so.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Episode 3: Louie Sells Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjEq7VJ0_I

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

But in the finale it's also revealed that Webby isn't related to Beakley. However, not being related to Beakley by blood didn't mean Webby loves her any less. Beakley was still her granny no matter what. So basically it turned out the family Webby thought she was related through blood to she wasn't and the family she thought she wasn't related through blood to she was, but ultimately it didn't matter or change anything about her life because regardless genetic material all members of her family already loved her and will continue to do so.

That makes sense and I hadn't considered that. I guess it comes down to me liking the girls better than Beakley, but I can't in good conscience defend that thesis as more than a matter of taste.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Well, that's four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekC8vvGwudQ

I really am kind of wishing they'd offered a standard podcast feed for these in addition to shunting them to various video platforms.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That one is probably my favorite of the bunch so far. The recitation of great authors killed me.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

This Duckburg Life | Episode Five: The Framing of Flintheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mYn2iVGUDU

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
This Duckburg Life is such an odd project. I mean, I'm not complaining about getting any additional content, it's great, but...why?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The cowards didn't give us a Kars-4-Quacks jingle.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

drunkencarp posted:

This Duckburg Life is such an odd project. I mean, I'm not complaining about getting any additional content, it's great, but...why?

Willing to bet it was a pandemic project that the VOs started for fun, and then they realized they could get paid to do it or something?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I just wish it was actually on podcast apps and not on YouTube.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

maltesh posted:

This Duckburg Life | Episode Five: The Framing of Flintheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mYn2iVGUDU

I knew he didn't do it. The scheme was a success in the first place.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

paradoxGentleman posted:

Beyond what Space Cadet Omoly said, I'll add that "related by blood" is putting kind of a fine point on things. It's not like 11-12 years ago Scrooge got really drunk, knocked up some duck-girl and Beakley was raising his secret daughter. Webby is "blood-related" to Scrooge because F.O.W.L. stole some of his blood/tissue/DNA and grew a gender-bent clone of him from it. All else being equal, Scrooge's reaction to that info wouldn't be "Yay, I have a daughter" so much as "Kill that abomination! Kill it with fire!"

But all else is not equal. Scrooge loves and accepts Webby, his F.O.W.L.-created clone, as his daughter because Scrooge loves and accepts Webby. If Beakley had brought in Webby as some random orphan baby, it's highly likely that Scrooge would already have adopted her by the end of Season One (recall that he was going to do the same thing with Lena before she was "killed"/shadow-blasted). The only reason he didn't is because Beakley had presented Webby as her own grand-daughter.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 2, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finally checking out season 3 now that's it up on Disney+

I can't believe they did Wandavision before Wandavision, also lol at Goofy just being there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea just binged Season 3 too thanks to Disney+, it's been ages since I watched the first two so I missed some callbacks I'm sure but that was a fun wrap up. I wanna say I'm surprised with how well they managed to reboot a silly little thing like Ducktales but honestly 'cute wholesome adventure show where every adventure ends in 'perhaps the REAL treasure is...family????' is basically Disney's bread and butter.

I do love that from this they created a whole rear end Disney Saturday Morning Cartoon Reboot Cinematic Universe, though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In my opinion this series was far superior to its 80’s counterpart in nearly every aspect. I hope to see these characters return in some capacity in other Disney related things.

Incidentally, there hasn’t been any recent word on the upcoming Darkwing Duck reboot has there (I know it’s being handled by a completely different team and likely will have nothing to do with this show at least)?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Speaking of other, Disney-related things, This Duckburg Life: Episode 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vxFWbHhAgo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man working through this season knowing it's the last and knowing I'm not gonna see some of these characters again is making me sad.

I'm gonna miss Storkules. :smith: