Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

MOTYC: D-Von Dudley vs The Undertaker, Kingiest of the Ringiest Finals, Quarterfinal Match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

oldskool posted:

MOTYC: D-Von Dudley vs The Undertaker, Kingiest of the Ringiest Finals, Quarterfinal Match

2nd

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC
Jun Akiyama (c) vs Kazusada Higuchi - KO-D Openweight Title
- Old Man Jun is an absolute force. Match starting off slow targeting Higuchi's hand before ramping up with stiff shots and bomb after bomb after bomb until one guy couldn't kick out anymore. Loved it

HM
Toi Kojima and Chris Brookes vs Yuki Iino and Yusuke Okada
- If this match was just the Andre slam spot then it already would have been cool, but there was an intense match around it that started the crowd off hot and was a great display of both rookie Kojima and new signing Okada
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Ueno, MAO and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Mad Paulie, Yuji Hino, Daisuke Sasaki and Tetuya Endo)
- Got to love those Sauna Boys, and Damnation played the foils well. Endo remains one of the smoothest wrestlers in the world and Takeshita is strong

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC
- Old Man Jun is an absolute force. Match starting off slow targeting Higuchi's hand before ramping up with stiff shots and bomb after bomb after bomb until one guy couldn't kick out anymore. Loved it

HM
- If this match was just the Andre slam spot then it already would have been cool, but there was an intense match around it that started the crowd off hot and was a great display of both rookie Kojima and new signing Okada
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Ueno, MAO and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Mad Paulie, Yuji Hino, Daisuke Sasaki and Tetuya Endo)
- Got to love those Sauna Boys, and Damnation played the foils well. Endo remains one of the smoothest wrestlers in the world and Takeshita is strong

Nth these.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC

HM
Seconding all these recommendations.

I died at the ref stopping Ueno from killing himself and then asking if he missed his spot and Ueno laughing and giving this look like "I ran out of space!" while retreating back to the tag rope

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

oldskool posted:

+1

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC

HM

Nth all these. Very good show.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

Do you reckon it's more or less confusing than 37KAMIINA apparently being read as The Sauna Kamiina?

3 = san, 7 = nana -> san/sa + na -> sauna

What’s more confusing to me is why a DDT team has a Finnish name and also why they are called a ”sauna stove”

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

MOTYC Mei Suruga vs Mizuki ChocoPro 100 Day 2

Dang.

fez_machine posted:

+ MOTYC Baliyan Akki Vs Fujita for the Super Asia Championship

These

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC

HM

Nth to all

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC
- Old Man Jun is an absolute force. Match starting off slow targeting Higuchi's hand before ramping up with stiff shots and bomb after bomb after bomb until one guy couldn't kick out anymore.

Nth. Old Man Akiyama can go!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

karmicknight posted:

Big thanks to IceAgeComing for linking this match somewhere, it was real cool and I didn't realize it was from this year until now.

You are welcome!

On that note:

MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Mei Hoshizuki vs Miyuki Takase vs Mio Momono, Chikayo Nagashima 25th Anniversary Show, 26th March

Almost certainly much higher on this than the vast majority of others: I loved this match. Its four of my favourite wrestlers and there are a fair few combinations in this that you very rarely see - Mei Hoshizuki and Mio are both Marvelous wrestlers but Mio was injured for almost all of the first two years of Mei's career so that still feels very new, Takase and Mio both work WAVE a load so they've been against each other a fair bit there but not really anywhere else but the other two don't really work there: and Mei Suruga teamed with the other Mei a bit in SEAdLINNNG in 2019 but literally had never faced the other two before this match - so its also very exciting.

I like that its not the disconnect chain of 1v1 moments that a lot of multi-man matches tend to become: a lot of that is because of the relationships between the wrestlers that sort of is the story of the match: the two Meis are pals: former tag team partners that never really broke up and they want to win together (I think all of their pinfall attempts in this match bar one are joint efforts; they also never really went after each other); Mei Hoshizuki and Mio Momono are from the same promotion so they'll work together if it benefits them but they are also opponents: Takase stands out as having no natural ally in this match but as the biggest and strongest person in the match it matters less, and as time goes on her and Mio sort of have to work with each other to counterbalance MeiMei although it never lasted particularly long. Other than that its just a match that perfectly fits what I like: quick pace, constant pin attempts, lots of creativity: little bit of comedy that fits the story of the match; its just fun and for something like this that's what I want.

If you're a fan of Mei Suruga but have only seen her in ChocoPro or TJPW perhaps check this match out: its in a totally different environment and honestly against some opponents that I think from a style perspective are some of her best (the Marvelous wrestlers; especially Mio and Mei, work this really fast paced roll-up heavy style that just clicks with her), which is funny since Marvelous and Gatoh Move are sort of on the other side of the spectrum when it comes to their training philosophy and how they seem to do things.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

fez_machine posted:

ChocoPro #100 Day 1
Asia Dream Tag Titles: Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)(c) vs Emi Sakura & Minoru Fujita

MOTYC

Big Match Chocopro is really something else!

Fast, stiff, and earnest!

HM
Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno (EGG TART) vs CHANGO & PSYCHO

Nth

Senerio posted:

MOTYC Mei Suruga vs Mizuki ChocoPro 100 Day 2

Dang.

Nth

fez_machine posted:

+ MOTYC Baliyan Akki Vs Fujita for the Super Asia Championship

Nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC

HM

nth these, love da ddt

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

a cyborg mug posted:

MOTYC: Emi Sakura vs Antonio Honda vs Rin Rin vs Obihiro Sayaka vs Chon Shiryu in a New Year's Deathmatch, Gatoh Move/ChocoPro #77, 1/1

Nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Nth worth it even just for the sequence that begins at 7:35 minutes. But it's all great.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Master Wato, Yota Tsuji, Yuya Uemura & Gabriel Kidd vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) NJPW Road to Sakura Genesis 29.03

A real fun tag with a super sick closing sequence featuring one team that includes of some of the greatest talent in the promotion right now and one that includes BUSHI.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate Memorial Gate 3/27

Not gonna lie I fell asleep through most of the show, but was awake in time to see the main event.

HM: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Shun Skywalker vs KAZMA SAKAMOTO

The platonic ideal of an honorable mention. Very good wrestling and storytelling as I've come to expect from any Skywalker singles match at this point but it didn't really have anything to push it over the top. Lacked the drama of a MOTYC because come on, they're not putting the belt on KAZMA. This feels like a good pitstop in a larger R.E.D. vs Shun storyline of them collectively headhunting him and wearing him down over a long term period of time.

I did not expect to be that much higher on this than you but I guess I am?

MOTYC
27th March
Dragon Gate Memorial Gate 2021
Open the Dream Gate Title
Shun Skywalker vs KAZMA SAKAMOTO

You remember how during the legendary Okada IWGP HW reign part of the attraction was that every match, even the ones he clearly wasn't going to lose, were matches he made you believe he could lose? OK, I'm using an exaggerated comparison, Shun isn't peak Okada, but by god he might be before much longer. No, the guy who is mostly a RED undercard bloke wasn't likely to win but he had been built up well, he is a real good talent in his own right & there were definitely moments where I believed he could do the upset. Maybe part of that is from reading the VOW preview of this show but yeah, I thought this loving ruled. Gnarly headbutts, beautiful moonsaults, stiff big Yakuza kicks, what's not to love? And it left me going "wait, it's over? But it's only been 10 minut...HUH?" which is almost always a great sign. I dunno, it just hit the right spot for me.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm glad to hear Kazma is good, he came to Finland to wrestle King Kong Karhula a couple of years back and I thought he was amazing. That was my first time seeing Japanese style up close and personal. It's too bad that match can't be found anywhere

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Master Wato, Yota Tsuji, Yuya Uemura & Gabriel Kidd vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) NJPW Road to Sakura Genesis 29.03

A real fun tag with a super sick closing sequence featuring one team that includes of some of the greatest talent in the promotion right now and one that includes BUSHI.

I'm not gonna nth this but I do wanna say that Uemura almost getting SANADA with the O'Connor Roll was huge

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
That was a great moment.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
28th March
DDT Judgement 2021
Chris Brookes & Toi Kojima vs Yuki Iino & Yusuke Okada

About as good as matches with young boys get (excluding DG because they have some sick rookies), Kojima rules already, Okada is reminding everyone he is the #1 Okada, just real great opening action

HM
28th March
DDT Judgement 2021
Akito, Keigo Nakamura & Toru Owashi vs Danshoku Dieno, Makoto Oishi & Saki Akai

DDT comedy, especially around Dieno, routinely runs at a level that a 5 year old would find a bit immature. Unfortunately I am a 4 year old & think Oishi trying to desperately stay above Dieno's nonsense because he's with Jun Akiyama now, & someone turning into a zombie after running head first into rear end cheeks is comedy gold so your mileage may vary.

HM
28th March
DDT Judgement 2021
HARASHIMA vs Yukio Sakaguchi

The only disappointment with this match is it was over far too soon. Still an excellent sprint between two of the best over 45 dudes in the biz.

MOTYC
28th March
DDT Judgement 2021
KO-D Openweight Title
Jun Akiyama vs Kazusada Higuchi

gently caress me that was rad. Nowt else to say. Just watch it. And then sub to DDT Universe because it's worth every penny.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

HM
28th March
DDT Judgement 2021
HARASHIMA vs Yukio Sakaguchi

The only disappointment with this match is it was over far too soon. Still an excellent sprint between two of the best over 45 dudes in the biz.

Nth, but also...

HARASHIMA is over 45? If you'd told me he was 31 I'd have accepted it at face value.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If I won the lottery and had enough money to book a money mark show I want a Mochizuki vs HARASHIMA singles match for 2 of my favourite "their bodies clearly haven't noticed they are old yet" guys.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC: Ryo Mizunami vs. KiLynn King AEW Dark: Elevation 3/29/21.

match owned loving bones.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Nth. Fun as hell match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: Ryo Mizunami vs. KiLynn King AEW Dark: Elevation 3/29/21.

Just a HM for me but that was a really fun match, King has seriously improved so much from where she was last year

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Will nth as well. Wow what a burner!

Real talk, KiLynn had a VERY STRONG MOTYC underground recently in MPW with Ray Lyn.

She has improved tenfold and is TV ready.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Nth they worked really well together, and Bryce did well too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ICR posted:

Will nth as well. Wow what a burner!

Real talk, KiLynn had a VERY STRONG MOTYC underground recently in MPW with Ray Lyn.

She has improved tenfold and is TV ready.
To add to this, they uploaded the Mission Pro Wrestling match on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOd0bDj42mU&t=9s

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Testekill posted:

Just a HM for me but that was a really fun match, King has seriously improved so much from where she was last year

I'll go HM as well. A ton of fun though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
still watching through elevation with a friend but

HM jack evans v jungle boy, march 29 dark elevation

edit: yeah HM the ryo/king match as well

great stuff

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 30, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Testekill posted:

nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Testekill posted:

Nth. This was the best King has looked. So much fun to watch and such great energy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Jungle Boy vs. Jack Evans, AEW Elevation, 29/03
HM: Ryo Mizunami vs. KiLynn King, AEW Elevation, 29/03

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Testekill posted:

7thed. This match was a ton of fun.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

nth.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted: