Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Holy LMAO there was a bug (that has since been hotfixed) where you could craft a Demon Hunter deck in Classic Format (with 30 neutrals) and play it in Classic Mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgrj4bpbp7o

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/mfid0c/hey_blizzard_demon_hunter_is_playable_in_classic/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Kalko posted:

I'm enjoying the Duels changes

Quest rogue is pretty great, and yeah connections is too. the 1 drop pool seems really good.

Problem passive right now is play a battlecry, draw a card and discount it by 5. It might be double time level, certainly emerald goggles level. You'd probably still have a lot of people picking it if it was play a battlecry draw a card.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

Wish I could buy Forged packs with gold before release, I'd love to get started with building decks I'll actually be able to use.

e: had a stupid deck idea for wild. Original C'thun Taunt Warrior. Otherwise a normal C'thun deck, but play that old 1/4 minion that gives C'thun Taunt, use Bulk Up to copy it and play 3 of them to close out games.

Wouldn't work, the minion needs to have the taunt keyword in hand for sure.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I just checked and couldn't find anything conclusive, but does anyone know for sure if we should be hoarding quests for more XP or emptying them in case they give us special pack quests?

The only difference is if you don't have the tavern pass now and plan to get it for the next rewards track.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Wouldn't work, the minion needs to have the taunt keyword in hand for sure.

It might, taunted C'thun worked with Stolen Goods in the past

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Okay, maybe I'm wrong then.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
New Tracking and Flare are amazing lol.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Quotey posted:

Quest rogue is pretty great, and yeah connections is too. the 1 drop pool seems really good.

Problem passive right now is play a battlecry, draw a card and discount it by 5. It might be double time level, certainly emerald goggles level. You'd probably still have a lot of people picking it if it was play a battlecry draw a card.

Yeah, Rally the Troops is pretty busted and has given my bad decks a couple more wins than they should've had, especially my Spell Druid with Lorekeeper Polkelt.

Speaking of Double Time, I've seen it pop up a few times again whereas I hadn't seen it appear at all after the previous patch. And the first time I saw it was against a quest Mage and yes, the Double Timed spell counts for quest completion. I lost that one pretty handily and then set about trying out quest Mage myself, not expecting Double Time, but I thought the new passive where you discover a spell after your first arcane spell each turn would make it work and it was a pretty common treasure to see in my previous Mage runs. Long story short : quest Mage is bad. Losing that one card in your opening hand each game is too big a disadvantage.

So then I thought, just for laughs, why not try quest Paladin with the buffed Favored Racer (it has Rush now)? Turns out its Battlecry doesn't count for quest completion despite using the word 'cast' and not 'play', which is exactly the same wording on the Mage quest.

I've been sticking to Mage and Shaman mostly, and messing around with Paladin and Druid, but I tried a Deathrattle Hunter game yesterday and got these as my treasures :

They interact how you'd expect, and that was a quick 10 wins. Deathrattle Hunter sure has an easy mulligan - if you don't have a cheap Deathrattle in hand, toss everything!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I tried playing Classic CWarrior and forgot how bad it felt until Naxx and Death's Bite hit.

I'm also excited to play (Gruntled) Patron Warrior tomorrow :getin:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Let me just say...

"Farewell, fellow humans!"

:woop: :woop:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

I don't wanna scare you away from the game nor tempt you to the dark side but playing against Res Priest always sucks.

completely agree. everytime i think reborn is kind of a cool mechanic, i run into one of these guys and the familiar feeling comes rushing back.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Let me just say...

"Farewell, fellow humans!"

:woop: :woop:

And good riddance. What is going to be the new most toxic card to play against?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

GTO posted:

And good riddance. What is going to be the new most toxic card to play against?

Real answer: Secret Passage

Priest answer: still Illucia by a fuckin mile

Underdog answer: Celestial Alignment. Generally players will HATE mana destruction more than even Tickatus maybe.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just finished my first 12 win run in Duels :toot:

I started with Druid and the “destroy a minion, summon 2 treants for it’s owner” power, and then I basically just hosed around in deck building with stuff that seemed like it might synergize. Then I hit the jackpot on passives by getting the ones that give you an extra mana crystal your first two turns, and the one that discounts your power to 1 and let’s you use it twice per turn.

My second to last win was even against a guy who’d actually managed to get the Duels version of Quel’delar... and I still had lethal even after he cleared most of my board with his one swing of it.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Grats! Beating Quel'Delar is a heroic feat. The passive you got was Stargazing and it actually has only a 1% chance to appear, and Harvest Time is one of the best powers for it.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

AnacondaHL posted:

Underdog answer: Celestial Alignment. Generally players will HATE mana destruction more than even Tickatus maybe.

I probably have around 10 to 20% rage adds after every game after adding the 3/3 warlock rascal that destroys one mana crystal for both players to my deck, because I'm easily able to slow down any control deck with it and don't care because my zoo deck only has small mana cards in it.
Now imagine this percentage with a card that destroys all your poo poo.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

Yeah, Celestial Alignment is gonna be one of those win/lose cards where if the Druid gets the right draw theres not much you can do, but probably wont be so consistent that it sees a nerf anytime soon. So it'll be one of those background cards that you know you have won or lost when it is played.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Celestial Alignment is gonna get nerfed, not for being overpowered but because it makes the game miserable if it's at all viable.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

Yeah, Celestial Alignment is gonna be one of those win/lose cards where if the Druid gets the right draw theres not much you can do, but probably wont be so consistent that it sees a nerf anytime soon. So it'll be one of those background cards that you know you have won or lost when it is played.

How soon is soon to you? The Johnny's of the world have already crafted a v2 of the deck to address these issues, featuring the Deathrattle mana cheat combined with the spell tutor elemental:

Like I don't expect a 28 hour nerf, but if it's not included in the 1-month balance pass I'd be shocked. This is a Guardian Animals situation all over again.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Why are there so many goddamn Mill Rogues in wild? I just want to play my gently caress around Yogg deck and not be killed by drawing 30 fatigue. I mean, I am fine with being killed by 30 fatigue, but it's MY Yogg that's gonna kill me with 30 fatigue. I don't actually care if they keep my hand full and burn half my deck. It's just that end part where I don't even get to play out what's left in my hand because they had 27 bounces for their murloc. Why are there so many godamn bounces even?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Elysium posted:

Why are there so many goddamn Mill Rogues in wild? I just want to play my gently caress around Yogg deck and not be killed by drawing 30 fatigue. I mean, I am fine with being killed by 30 fatigue, but it's MY Yogg that's gonna kill me with 30 fatigue. I don't actually care if they keep my hand full and burn half my deck. It's just that end part where I don't even get to play out what's left in my hand because they had 27 bounces for their murloc. Why are there so many godamn bounces even?

I think it's just a "cheap" deck to assemble that works pretty well.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
T-Minus 5 minutes to release. Might be worth opening up the client now if you want to be on for the launch.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

sirtommygunn posted:

Celestial Alignment is gonna get nerfed, not for being overpowered but because it makes the game miserable if it's at all viable.

It's one of the unhealthiest cards I've ever seen in this game. It's insane.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Flayer posted:

T-Minus 5 minutes to release. Might be worth opening up the client now if you want to be on for the launch.

I literally just opened the client like 10 minutes ago wondering when it was going live, thanks for this.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
They make you restart when it goes live anyway (just got booted), so not much advantage. But it's out now anyway!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Lmao tried to log in at 1:01 and servers were full

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Oh gently caress that's evil. They have Madness at the Darkmoon Faire packs at the top of the store, you have to scroll down to get to Forged packs.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Ah dammit, I thought Blizzard said they had a system where you could stay on and the client would auto-update. Queue was only 7 minutes when I got booted, down to 2 now. So doesn't seem too bad.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Wooh, got the hunter beast summoner legendary in my first golden pack :woop:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
These drop rates seem pretty atrocious - not seeing a lot of Epics at all.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

While I'm waiting for a free table:

So there was only a chance to get Mankrik/Samuro from pre-order packs, but if I buy regular packs now, they can not be in those new packs, right?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In but can’t get any games to start, got scabbs and mordresh as my goldens, oh well

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Is the tavern pass only ever available with real money? Is there ever an option to buy with gold?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Converting decks to Standard is super annoying right now because it seems like initially it will get rid of cards that are in the "core" set and you have to "replace" them with something else before you can add them again, because until you do, they're still "in" your deck

If that was confusing to read, it's far more confusing in game

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I hate the cost increase watch post so much already.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

mcbexx posted:

While I'm waiting for a free table:

So there was only a chance to get Mankrik/Samuro from pre-order packs, but if I buy regular packs now, they can not be in those new packs, right?

If you claim them from the rewards track, you will not get them in packs. So open your packs before claiming them, so you can get the full DE dust and pick a legendary instead.

emocrat posted:

Is the tavern pass only ever available with real money? Is there ever an option to buy with gold?

Money only. The miniset later in the expansion will be available with gold.

e: oh, the TAVERN PASS. If that's the BG perks, then it's a bug. They'll fix it at some point.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 30, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Opened 127 packs, did not get Samuro or Mankrik. Looks like you don't have to claim them to get the exp boost from the tavern track so I'll hold off claiming for now! There's a few more packs to earn!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I can't queue up for standard matches, but I can get in any other queue. Did they forget to switch the "Forged cards are allowed" from off to on in the update?

e: Nothing is working now, guess I'll wait a couple hours and try again.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 30, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

sirtommygunn posted:

yeah the thing with Celestial Alignment will be is it too slow like Tickatus. Tickatus is a horrible win rate card because it takes forever to get it's effect off (it's a 1 of card so you need it in hand, it needs to be corrupted) and then when you do create the conditions to play it you are dead if the opponent has any real board presence. Even if you manage to get the full gameplan off of multiple Tickatus's using either Felosophy or Y'Shaarj your opponent can still very easily kill you from hand. Most games you have time to "win" with Tickatus you were basically already winning because your tempo removal worked to delete the other more aggressive deck's win conditions.

Celestial Alignment has some advantages over Tickatus, in as much as it's not a legendary and there's a good way to tutor it out of your deck with tempo from that 8 mana card. It also limits your opponents follow up to a much greater extent than Tickatus. it's still the same issue though where if you are in a board position late game where you can effectively waste 7 mana to set up a big combo without immediately losing you were probably already winning.

will be fascinated to see how the Celestial Alignment decks fare. I suspect they will do really well the first week, and then get crushed once aggro re-asserts itself in the meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

sirtommygunn posted:

I can't queue up for standard matches, but I can get in any other queue. Did they forget to switch the "Forged cards are allowed" from off to on in the update?
I have the same issue. I'm betting lots of people are queuing standard decks into wild right now so shouldn't be too bad...

Edit: scratch that all the queues are affected now