Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Erpy posted:

Except the battle that required you to toss foot soldiers into the screen to beat the boss was SNES exclusive. In the Arcade version you didn't visit the Technodrome before going back in time. You went to the Prehistoric level right after the sewer stage.

Turtles in Time arcade is a much, much harder game than the SNES game, even if you crank the difficulty up. SNES turtles in time pretty much gives you every kind of advantage over the enemies whereas your priority on attacks is much worse in arcade. The final boss is also a lot harder because I guess Nintendo didn't want Super Shredder waving a sword around, so he has very little ability to make you gently caress off in the SNES version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
That has to be part of its lasting appeal; I beat Turtles in Time as a kid but it was hard for me to even get out of the Subway in Final Fight.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Arcade Turtles in Time: we gotta make this game profitable!

SNES Turtles in Time: we gotta make this game fun!

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Hmmm.

https://steamdb.info/app/1585820/

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Exciting!! The name makes me think it's gonna be some kind of fantasy/dream match style DLC that allows Lizardcube to throw in characters from the old games who are meant to be out of the picture...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm hoping it's some kind of Endless Mode since I'd love to just infinitely style on increasingly harder waves of enemies.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I'm looking for a game to play co-op with my old non-gamer dad and someone recommended picking this up.

Do you think this would be a fun couch co-op game for someone with zero experience in fighting games? Is there a difficulty slider to make things really easy for him on the first pass through?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yes, if you play through the Story Mode on Easy you get 6 lives per stage, and up to 3 more if you use assists from the pause menu. On higher difficulties the game gets quite challenging but since there are only 2 attack buttons plus your star move, learning the basics is pretty straightforward.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

I'm looking for a game to play co-op with my old non-gamer dad and someone recommended picking this up.

Do you think this would be a fun couch co-op game for someone with zero experience in fighting games? Is there a difficulty slider to make things really easy for him on the first pass through?

Beat em ups are a great entry genre if they’re ok with violence. Super easy to play and rather cathartic.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah, you could take someone who has never played any game, show them the left stick and the punch button, and they can play SoR4 on easy and have fun. Bosses are still a bit tricky, but that's where you come in.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Also, if you unlock the old sprite characters from previous games they can be simpler to use. And (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they also hit harder so your dad would be KO'ing enemies faster which is satisfying on its own but would make him feel like he is contributing just as much.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The old-school characters have stronger normals but fewer special options and are less versatile. SOR3 Skate is straight-up busted though.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Thanks for the info. I purchased it (currently on sale for $17) and we beat the first stage together. :3:

On easy mode, he was able to figure things out well enough so we had fun.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Hell yeah, I'm glad you has fun!

Lobok posted:

Also, if you unlock the old sprite characters from previous games they can be simpler to use. And (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they also hit harder so your dad would be KO'ing enemies faster which is satisfying on its own but would make him feel like he is contributing just as much.

Yup, the SOR1 characters hit like a loving truck to offset their overall lack of versatility. You won't be able to do fancy juggling and spam specials and whatever else, but they are dope for "just approach enemy and press attack." The big downside for a newbie is that their animations and design aren't as fancy as characters designed 30 years later, so while punching someone out with SOR1 Blaze is effective, SOR4 Blaze, even played simply, will look cooler.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MightyBill and madxzero completely body Arcade Mania in 40 minutes. Street goals, life goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCF8hm4SsBg

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I usually don't watch videos of other people playing but that was mesmerizing. They mentioned having practiced for 10 months or something? This was my favorite game of 2020, and I know you could sink your teeth into it like that, but I sure haven't. Wow.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm finally at a point where I can S-Rank most stages on Mania on my first try yet if you look online you'll find tons of people doing full stage combo perfects. The skill ceiling is wild in this game.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hot drat I did not know how much of a beast Zan is

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Backup Requested!

@Dotemu, @Lizardcube and @Guard_Crush are thrilled to reveal #SOR4 DLC: "Mr. X Nightmare" along with:

Estel Aguirre
New game modes
New moves and weapons
New tracks by @teelopesmusic

Wishlist now on Steam: https://t.co/dkbfeuyQJi https://t.co/gLTG62GqMf

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 8, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The fight continues in Wood Oak City.

After the events of Streets of Rage 4, our heroes wanted to prepare themselves for future threats. Axel, Blaze and their mates will start a very special deranged training with the help of Dr. Zan, who built an AI program from the remnants of Mister X’s brain that simulates every kind of danger they could be facing.

With this new DLC, get ready for:

• 3 new playable characters
• A new Survival mode with weekly challenges
• Character customization: build your own fighting style with new moves
• New weapons and enemies!

:bisonyes:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Character customization is all I've ever wanted from SOR, give it to me now please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhsAAQoYQ0k

Holy poo poo braining motherfuckers with a swordfish

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 8, 2021

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

THIS poo poo FUCKS SO HARD YEAHHHHHH I'M DOWN

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A dedicated survival mode where I could endlessly style on dudes was exactly what I wanted from SoR4 so this poo poo cannot get here SOON ENOUGH.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

More SoR2 levels and enemies? You already know

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Holy loving poo poo. Playable Estel? Training mode? New moves?
That DLC has everything I wanted!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

drat, they gave people what they wanted but then are going so far above and beyond as well. Customizing your character in terms of moves is so awesome for a beat-em-up.

Gonna have to add more of you guys on PSN for these weekly challenges or Survival mode.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 8, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this owns so loving much, that loving SOR2 song remix from Tee Lopes holy shittttttt

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Shiva! Shiva! Shiva!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Was the third silhouette Shiva? The 2nd is clearly Max. All that's missing is Skate, Roo, and Zan in that case.

Day 1 get at any rate.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's Shiva, yeah. The silhouette is an exact match to a piece of character art.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Is there a date yet for the dlc?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nope.
People are speculating it'll be April 30 since that would be the one-year anniversary of the game's release but when they say "later this year" and that they're still working on the DLC that seems a bit soon.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am so thirsty for that hurricane kick Adam does around 1:01 of that trailer

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm just curious what the inputs will be for these moves, given SOR hasn't gone in for 'select your super' sort of thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bloodly posted:

I'm just curious what the inputs will be for these moves, given SOR hasn't gone in for 'select your super' sort of thing.

Pretzel Motion.

It's probably just a Down Down motion.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Pretzel Motion.

It's probably just a Down Down motion.

I'm down with that imput scheme.

In all seriousness, I voted SoR4 aa my GOTY 2020, with this DLC may stay as GOTY 2021.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Bloodly posted:

Many of those big moves in the trailer showed a star disappearing after being executed, so you probably have the ability to pick one out of several star moves with some geared towards knocking whole crowds on their backs to give you some breathing room and others setting up smaller groups for massive juggles/wall bounces.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My guess is that some of these customizable skills will replace your normal abilities, with the option to slot a limited number of them into a loadout. So for example Blaze's double air somersault would take the place of her normal cartwheel kick, etc.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

exquisite tea posted:

My guess is that some of these customizable skills will replace your normal abilities, with the option to slot a limited number of them into a loadout. So for example Blaze's double air somersault would take the place of her normal cartwheel kick, etc.

I believe that double air somersault was one of the moves where I saw a star disappear. But we'll see how it plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

all they are missing is the store and branching paths but they have basically given us a remake of Streets of Rage Remake a decade later :getin: