Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Finally. Good to hear. Now need Humble to send!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Can I buy Keys form GMG or Humble and use them on Steam?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

GMG redeems on Steam, I imagine Humble does as well. It should tell you on the store page on Humble.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

ICR posted:

Finally. Good to hear. Now need Humble to send!

I haven't gotten an email notification from them, but I just logged into my account, went to purchases, clicked on Outriders, and there was a key there that I just claimed.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
ngl, getting kind of pumped for this! Thursday can't come soon enough

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tensokuu posted:

I haven't gotten an email notification from them, but I just logged into my account, went to purchases, clicked on Outriders, and there was a key there that I just claimed.

Oh yay! I’m seeing it and it must have just popped up!

Humble keys are going out. GMG is out. Game time soon!!!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
can't wait to play a bunch of this stupid garbage game for idiots

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

can't wait to play a bunch of this stupid garbage game for idiots

"A stupid garbage game for idiots" should be the title of every ICR thread.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Protagoras posted:

Yeah I've seen people have issues. It's an old client and retail will be default dx12. You could try -dx12 in your steam launch options.

:ohdear: This sounds familiar

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
dx12 was insanely crashy in the demo, so it's boding well!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Just a quick FYI, if you want to keep farming the demo, don't preload the client on steam because it overwrites the demo.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You can also reinstall the demo if you want, it's still on the Steam store.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I too bought this game to play with goons, but I had the presence of mind to buy it on disc so I can pawn it off on someone else when I finish it [when I realize how bad it is].

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
the gently caress is a disc?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the gently caress is a disc?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I too bought it to play with goons, but will just probably stare at my friends list too bashful to join a game with anyone because I suck at games.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

screech on the beach posted:

I too bought it to play with goons, but will just probably stare at my friends list too bashful to join a game with anyone because I suck at games.

i don't let that stop me!

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
Just bought in with that SPR21 code on GMG, let's ride out

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Cinara posted:

You can also reinstall the demo if you want, it's still on the Steam store.

Thanks, installed today when I got home and was sad to see the demo disappeared. I had only played it a few hours.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I've bought this game on steam on my new computer and may want to jump in with goons as well. Haven't played many PC games, how do I find goons?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

humpthewind posted:

I've bought this game on steam on my new computer and may want to jump in with goons as well. Haven't played many PC games, how do I find goons?

We’ll be the ones crying in the corner because we fell for the hype once again.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
This is... not a *good* game. Cowboy Deadman and Corpo Deadman at the beginning were both extremely cringe, the dialogue in general is sometimes funny and sometimes terrible and sometimes both, the cover is weird and unpredictable, the lore can't decide if it wants me to take it seriously, the action sometimes feels like it's floaty as all hell...

And yet, the sum is more enjoyable than its parts. I wouldn't call that a compelling demo, yet I might just buy the dumb thing. I'm actively having to talk myself out of it and all of the above criticisms aren't quite working...

Reminds me a little of Remnant that way. I felt similarly there and played (and enjoyed) the hell out of it all the same.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

humpthewind posted:

Chat here and socialize here in the thread and here: https://discord.gg/VCAaeT9z

It’s also in the OP as well. Everybody is super nice and there’s no drama. We create game channels as fun stuff comes out or goons request it. <3

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

ICR posted:

Chat here and socialize here in the thread and here: https://discord.gg/VCAaeT9z

It’s also in the OP as well. Everybody is super nice and there’s no drama. We create game channels as fun stuff comes out or goons request it. <3

Thank you! See you guys on Thursday

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: ONE DAY REMAINS. 1. Day. :ducksiren:

Or as citizens of Terra Infirma call it:

An Outryder named Eve who presents herself only on the eve of a release. Say her name backwards 3 times in the mirror. I double dog dare you.

Ruff Ryders, Outryders, Eve fans, and those from the Dogg Pound, the time is nigh.

Sometimes, there comes a time in your life where you have to make a decision:

**Looks up current price of game.** You have to ask yourself if you’re going to hold off on eating for about 9 days or if you’re going to go ahead and gently caress it all and hit the purchase button on the latest video game release.

I’m going to let you ponder this one. Think about it.

Keep thinking.

Create a Venn Diagram and start listing the pros and cons out. Really analyze this situation you may be in.

Hopefully you have done this now. If so, keep reading.

You should notice that hopefully made the rational decision of eating food. Food is really tasty. It will help you live long enough to actually purchase the game should you decide to do that.

Or you can end up like this guy, who most likely is not going to be able to buy the game.

Something tells me this player is awaiting Outriders Demo: Game of the Year Edition: Remastered to come out.

I don’t want to be grim, but you know why.

Until then, you got two things to do:

1) Clear your calendar and be ready for tomorr...FRIDAY. Technically tomorrow but Friday. Server issues I have foreseen this prophecy. Games been in top sellers on Steam for over a month now. Good grief.

3) Please listen to an old Ruff Ryders album or song. Preferably with Eve on it. Throw it back for throwback Thursday. Recommend a jam for those who are unfamiliar.

Let’s get this party STARTED (tomorrow).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Memnaelar posted:

I'm actively having to talk myself out of it and all of the above criticisms aren't quite working...

You have to ask yourself: is getting loot fun?

The answer is yes.

Videogames 2021: Sometimes it's ok just to have fun

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Also in case anyone missed it, NVIDIA released new drivers yesterday with specific support for this game, including DLSS.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ihatepants posted:

Also in case anyone missed it, NVIDIA released new drivers yesterday with specific support for this game, including DLSS.

:hellyeah:

DLSS loving rules

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ICR posted:

:ducksiren: ONE DAY REMAINS. 1. Day. :ducksiren:

Or as citizens of Terra Infirma call it:

An Outryder named Eve who presents herself only on the eve of a release. Say her name backwards 3 times in the mirror. I double dog dare you.

Ruff Ryders, Outryders, Eve fans, and those from the Dogg Pound, the time is nigh.

Sometimes, there comes a time in your life where you have to make a decision:

**Looks up current price of game.** You have to ask yourself if you’re going to hold off on eating for about 9 days or if you’re going to go ahead and gently caress it all and hit the purchase button on the latest video game release.

I’m going to let you ponder this one. Think about it.

Keep thinking.

Create a Venn Diagram and start listing the pros and cons out. Really analyze this situation you may be in.

Hopefully you have done this now. If so, keep reading.

You should notice that hopefully made the rational decision of eating food. Food is really tasty. It will help you live long enough to actually purchase the game should you decide to do that.

Or you can end up like this guy, who most likely is not going to be able to buy the game.

Something tells me this player is awaiting Outriders Demo: Game of the Year Edition: Remastered to come out.

I don’t want to be grim, but you know why.

Until then, you got two things to do:

1) Clear your calendar and be ready for tomorr...FRIDAY. Technically tomorrow but Friday. Server issues I have foreseen this prophecy. Games been in top sellers on Steam for over a month now. Good grief.

3) Please listen to an old Ruff Ryders album or song. Preferably with Eve on it. Throw it back for throwback Thursday. Recommend a jam for those who are unfamiliar.

Let’s get this party STARTED (tomorrow).

This is cringe

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

The game is cringe. Seems fitting.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I wasn't going to buy this game but it's Good Thursday & Friday over here and I also took Monday and Tuesday as vacation days just to get a long-rear end weekend and... well, the game is here at the right time, I guess.

I did give the demo another try and played it more like a shooting ARPG than a third-person shooter and I think it was the better approach. Cover mechanics suck but who needs 'em, right? It's no Division 2 in that regard, but man, even the demo shows they're doing a lot of things right from the start with the looter aspect and I hope that's what carries the game along.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am going to play this and have fun ( I hope this is the game that stop my Monster Hunter Rise adiction, is not healthy how that game have his claws on me).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Based on what

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Cant wait until I can play this over the weekend so I can curse myself for getting ICR’d again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ICR stands for I Cannot Resist

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Xbox Users, here's how you can play #Outriders early: Go to Settings>System>Language & location>Change your Location to New Zealand. PCF has confirmed that this will not trigger the anti-cheat system.

https://twitter.com/OutridersPlus/status/1377233913098211331

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

ihatepants posted:

The entire reason I am not buying this game is that it crashed my computer 6 times in 3 hours, and required a full reboot. I updated my drivers, rolled back drivers, and nothing worked. It is the only game where I've had that many crashes. I had one crash in my Cyberpunk playthrough, and that was with RTX on/high settings, and really pushing my system to the max the entire time.

The new driver makes me hopeful that it might be stable, but I don't want to risk getting beyond the initial 2 hours to steam refund and finding I can't progress any further because of crashing.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Same issue initially. Then turned off Discord in the background and not a single crash since.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Some streamers apparently got given the full game yesterday to play. SolidFPS was saying on his steam that it took a little over 6 hrs to get from where the demo left off to end game doing nothing but main story missions. He skipped all side missions. He has been grinding endgame for 14 hrs and is on world tier 14. He talked about failing a ton of missions and really needing to grind and refine his build to progress. He still has multiple expeditions he hasn't done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Frustrated posted:

Some streamers apparently got given the full game yesterday to play. SolidFPS was saying on his steam that it took a little over 6 hrs to get from where the demo left off to end game doing nothing but main story missions. He skipped all side missions. He has been grinding endgame for 14 hrs and is on world tier 14. He talked about failing a ton of missions and really needing to grind and refine his build to progress. He still has multiple expeditions he hasn't done.

that sounds like an awful way to experience the game