Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Glad to see this, hopefully this is the end of his troubles, must have been a pretty terrifying situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
genuinely don't know why i'm surprised to hear the aew legal team helped him out

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flatluigi posted:

genuinely don't know why i'm surprised to hear the aew legal team helped him out

Because if it was WWE they would have just pulled him off TV for having the gall to have a family issue then never use him again while he runs his 5 year contract out

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah part of me was like "What's the point of being a billionaire if you can't just click your fingers and make good stuff happen for people?" but was still kinda surprised to see them actually step in and throw their weight around on his behalf.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ryback was literally just a Goldberg ripoff with a guy who could do a half convincing Goldberg impression. Of course kids loved him and of course WWE hosed it up by not pulling the trigger and having him lose in a feud with Cena and Punk and then turn heel.

I mean it was probably for the best since Ryback is awful but still.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/RaysBaseball/status/1377002858944544777?s=19

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ryback was literally just a Goldberg ripoff with a guy who could do a half convincing Goldberg impression. Of course kids loved him and of course WWE hosed it up by not pulling the trigger and having him lose in a feud with Cena and Punk and then turn heel.

The best part of WWE in the last 5 years or so is that after all the failed attempts to make another Goldberg after years of people insisting that Goldberg was really easy to make, Goldberg returned and got more over through his PROMOS than any Goldberg ripoff got trying to be Goldberg.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I loved Ryback before we all knew he was a dumb idiot in real life because he did that stupid thing with his arms while yelling FEED ME MORE and would slap his head and yell STUPID. Such a perfect little idiotic wrestling meatball.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

It's sick that AEW is booked so well the biggest complaint that can be mustered about pushes is that this guy being booked as a jobber might not be very good!

Jobbers need to be good too

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dacap posted:

Because if it was WWE they would have just pulled him off TV for having the gall to have a family issue then never use him again while he runs his 5 year contract out

The WWE fired Cezar and it hosed with Visa to the point he was worried about being homeless and deported.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

The WWE fired Cezar and it hosed with Visa to the point he was worried about being homeless and deported.

And he didn’t see it coming at all and was told to just “figure it out” when he told them his situation.

Yeah, cool.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/maffewgregg/status/1376927410629775360?s=21

Love it. The best commentary duo in wrestling.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i thought this t-bar tweet was actually kinda funny

https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution/status/1376992562230202371?s=20

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What did this one say?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Remember when Ryback did the Jackhammer that one time and everyone loved it so they told Ryback never to do the Jackhammer again?

The WWE, everyone!

'The Concrete Rose' is such a cool fuckin' nickname.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fans at the time seemed legit pissed at the gently caress finish in the Cena vs Ryback last man standing match when Ryback drilled Cena through the light rig.

That seemed like when it was the point of no return on his heat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ICR posted:

And he didn’t see it coming at all and was told to just “figure it out” when he told them his situation.

Yeah, cool.

Also he had been discouraged from associating with the local Brazilian population so he was completely isolated when it happened.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Also he had been discouraged from associating with the local Brazilian population so he was completely isolated when it happened.

sociopathic, lmao

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

It’s probably the same law firm or in house lawyers that the Jaguars have so making a few calls and sending a few legal inquiries would basically be a rounding error worth of money.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheKingslayer posted:

Fans at the time seemed legit pissed at the gently caress finish in the Cena vs Ryback last man standing match when Ryback drilled Cena through the light rig.

That seemed like when it was the point of no return on his heat.

Yeah, now that you mention it this does ring a bell as the "Ah, they're just loving it up again" moment

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Vandar posted:

What did this one say?

Remember when Ryback did the Jackhammer that one time and everyone loved it so they told Ryback never to do the Jackhammer again?

The WWE, everyone!

'The Concrete Rose' is such a cool fuckin' nickname.

also a tupac reference i think. he wrote a book of poems titled the rose that grew from concrete

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sigma posted:

It’s probably the same law firm or in house lawyers that the Jaguars have so making a few calls and sending a few legal inquiries would basically be a rounding error worth of money.

Confirming it is! I got two friends from when I lived in Jax who share the responsibilities across the Jags and AEW. And some of the Khan’s other ventures.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Yeah part of me was like "What's the point of being a billionaire if you can't just click your fingers and make good stuff happen for people?" but was still kinda surprised to see them actually step in and throw their weight around on his behalf.

Tony Khan believes philanthropy is how brands win

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/hotyoungbriley/status/1377023038911225856?s=21

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1377110759935647754?s=20

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vandar posted:

What did this one say?

She was quote-rt'ing someone named like "JohnS6372" who had said she had confused her audience by calling herself a professional wrestler, a performance artist, a beefy babe, a muscle mommy. Her response was "do you know what synonymous means, Johnathon?"
I liked the pettyness of the complaint, the long list of ludicrous nicknames, and the possible interpretation that all professional wrestlers are also muscle mommas.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

King has good sense. Taue ruled

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/BLPMikey/status/1377014372002828296?s=20

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dacap posted:

There's no need to speculate what the WWE would have done, because we all know what they did - they fired him during a loving pandemic and left him stranded in the USA, loving him over royally.

Every single person in management at the WWE should literally loving die horribly, the callous shits.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
boom boom good cabana

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1376976074584776707

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big yeehaw

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seams posted:

i thought this t-bar tweet was actually kinda funny

https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution/status/1376992562230202371?s=20
This is the only good tweet he’s ever done

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Kingman has been tossing me and other buds these types of links for years.

Pretty much 100% of the Japanese wrestling I've watched outside of FMW and W*NG I can honestly say is thanks to Kingman.

Kingman is basically my old school tape trader

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Serious Geese Howard vibes

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/silvernumber1/status/1377045814808358919?s=21

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

flatluigi posted:

their head of legal also stepped up pretty big when Brodie got sick, hanging with his kids and letting them stay at her place. hearing his widow tell it, she's like a proper aunt to them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
With how awful WWE and all the people running it are, it has me thinking about the whole "We'll pay for you to go through rehab even if you only worked one match with us thirty years ago" and how there's no loving way it's not a scheme to get these people to sign NDAs about various things.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

jesus WEP posted:

This is the only good tweet he’s ever done

He's had a couple good tweets that I've seen replying to Bryan but they're buried in the mountain of poo poo. I don't care enough to seek them out tho

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

With how awful WWE and all the people running it are, it has me thinking about the whole "We'll pay for you to go through rehab even if you only worked one match with us thirty years ago" and how there's no loving way it's not a scheme to get these people to sign NDAs about various things.

It's cause they were getting bad PR from all the 'former WWE wrestler dies at 40 of drug-related issues' headlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh, I know that part, but aren't they still doing it? Or at least before the pandemic? It just seems like an easy way to say "Sure, we'll pay for rehab, all you have to do is sign this that says you can't ever speak about your time with the company in a negative light"