Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Brawnfire posted:

This is actually something I never got about the Wonka television thing: it would require tons more of each ingredient, in a ratio to its desired final resolution, and the resulting effort is for a free sample, simply banking on the idea that tasting a Wonka bar will make you buy more chocolate. Not profitable imho

The idea is that somehow it's able to transmit that one giant chocolate bar to not just one television(at least once they perfect the process), rather to ALL televisions receiving the signal, so sure that giant bar probably uses the amount of ingredients that 1000 bars uses, but you could hypothetically send that bar to millions of potential customers all at once

Fake Edit: been beaten to it, but screw it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

fake e:

MariusLecter posted:

Alternate Universe Snacks Taste Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUEXPAHqmIs

Freezin' Cold Cheetos Are The Snack Of The Future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owo-x0DyQno
I would at least try mint Cheetos. Let's not fool ourselves, any attempt at a "cold" flavor is just mint. Now of course I'm wondering how hard it would be to aerate my own homogeneous corn foam.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Correct, that's a photoshopped meat donut

a ghastly intrigue arises nonetheless

i mean, if this kinda works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TD86JHBC8s

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Spotted in Aldi yesterday :barf:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If you like chocolate oranges, you'll like those.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

freelop posted:

Not sure what part of this is supposed to be :barf:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FFT posted:

Correct, that's a photoshopped meat donut

a ghastly intrigue arises nonetheless

i mean, if this kinda works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TD86JHBC8s

reminds me a little of the saga of Gatorade Bread

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mymla posted:

think toothpaste and orange juice. Mint and citrus.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

freelop posted:

Those are just jaffa cakes without the cake.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Mymla posted:

Orange and mint just dont seem right together in my mind

Paladinus posted:

If it is just orange though then that's fine

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It says orange and mint on the box so

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

drrockso20 posted:

reminds me a little of the saga of Gatorade Bread

quote:

You ever have one of those “what am I doing with my life?” moments
yeah right now as i'm reading this

ne: oh whew this was mercifully short

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Bismuth posted:

think toothpaste and orange juice. Mint and citrus.

Citrus and mint are fine, like a mojito. The thing in toothpaste that makes things taste awful is a foaming agent, SLS. You can buy toothpaste without it too.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

freelop posted:

Orange and mint just dont seem right together in my mind

You can't have them both be super-intense or the flavors clash too much, but adding reasonable amounts of mint to the usual orange taste of a chocolate orange shouldn't pose any problems at all. (Plus, the strength of orange and mint together would probably do a decently good job of masking the usual butyric acid taste of cheaper chocolates.)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've tried knock-off orange After Eights, and they were good. You have to remember that the reason why orange juice tastes off after brushing your teeth is not because of the minty flavour of your toothpaste, but because of sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a type of soap it contains.

E:fb

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Paladinus posted:

Having had them, :pastryno:
(Thank you so much to .Z. for buying this one!)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I tried them and they were real bad

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's an acquired taste. Plus quality may vary. I personally like these best for the taste, but also for the form factor.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Paladinus posted:

It's an acquired taste. Plus quality may vary. I personally like these best for the taste, but also for the form factor.

oh man I miss the asian market I used to go to, they had something like this and it was so good

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Orange chocolate with a bit of mint is super good.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Code Jockey posted:

oh man I miss the asian market I used to go to, they had something like this and it was so good

Actually I'm sure we fought two world wars to make sure the stuff sold in Asian markets wouldn't be in German.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

121-year-old chocolate bar found in attic.

Have a chip.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Looks better than your average World's Finest fundraiser bar

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I may not follow dude's every move, but I do have to wonder how he hasn't gotten food poisoning way more at this point.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

freelop posted:

Would, the entire box sachet by little sachet, then spend the rest of the day hating myself.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I may not follow dude's every move, but I do have to wonder how he hasn't gotten food poisoning way more at this point.

he does little tests, puts a little bit of the 200 year old burger to his lips, if he doesn't immediately have a reaction, time to eat.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Data Graham posted:

Looks better than your average World's Finest fundraiser bar
Go to be fair to World's Finest, they look like a freshly waxed chocolate sports car. Of course that's because they are waxed because you could tell by the sort of dull lifeless matte finish of their chocolate type product that it is inedible.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

he does little tests, puts a little bit of the 200 year old burger to his lips, if he doesn't immediately have a reaction, time to eat.

he hasn't posted for a while. maybe he finally met the his match.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm too lazy to take a picture but I made a beet risotto yesterday and the leftovers look like a bowl of raw ground beef.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Amazing chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFhnnTWMgI

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

He ended up in the hospital once. Botulism I think? Ended up costing him $20k in medical bills and ever since he's been very cautious about things that contain dairy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Would but would likely leave the peanut butter alone.

Unless there was hot sauce nearby then I would mix the two together and have that as dessert.

https://twitter.com/brooksbarnesNYT/status/1377310392507015169?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah yes, that most decadent of fair food, "a corn dog" (+ a pickle)

STAND BACK THERES A THING OF PEANUT BUTTER TOO

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Would but would likely leave the peanut butter alone.

Unless there was hot sauce nearby then I would mix the two together and have that as dessert.

https://twitter.com/brooksbarnesNYT/status/1377310392507015169?s=20

yeah you can miss me with the PB but i would fuckin wreck that deep pickle fried corndog, and probably want another immediately after

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know if I've just pickier with age, but most "essences" taste terrible and chemical to me. I mean, I don't like most flavored seltzers because they use "essences," and prefer Spindrift, San Pellegrino, or making my own flavored seltzer using juice.

This spills over into chocolate, where things like chocolate oranges just don't taste very good to me anymore.

I'm still okay with lavender, rose, and some other other floral flavors, but I'm not sure if they are the same kind of "essence" as what's in most seltzers and chocolate things.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

not even sure where to post this but here you all go:
https://twitter.com/mustachetoilet/status/1377077964773289984?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

just ordering pizza after pizza from his namesake and getting increasingly agitated after each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't know if I've just pickier with age, but most "essences" taste terrible and chemical to me. I mean, I don't like most flavored seltzers because they use "essences," and prefer Spindrift, San Pellegrino, or making my own flavored seltzer using juice.

Nah you're right, orange flavoured chocolate has always been dogshit