Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

Rinkles posted:

that sounds like an awful way to experience the game

Far too many people treat games as destinations, not journeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Gotta be the first to get that content out there man.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

we talk about this all the time in my discord. it must suck knowing that you're always on the edge of running out of content.

pre-loading on steam as we speak. looking forward to this. loved the demo.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I’m confused. PS5 system says it unlocks at noon today(roughly an hour and a half). Should I adjust my plans thinking I can play early or is that just a tease?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Retro42 posted:

I’m confused. PS5 system says it unlocks at noon today(roughly an hour and a half). Should I adjust my plans thinking I can play early or is that just a tease?

It unlocks in 50 minutes for me so I would say a cursory yes. Servers might be slammed since it's launch day so keep that in the back of your mind.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well poo poo it looks like this may be unlocking early for a lot of folks. Very cool!

That day one patch though probably gonna be wild. Seeing a ton of posts about people playing early and lots of crashes.

That’s either a big yikes or that launch patch is going to be a big deal.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I’ve seen people get a physical copy early but couldn’t play because the servers wouldn’t let them log on.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm showing 12 hours to launch on ps4

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Soonmot posted:

I'm showing 12 hours to launch on ps4

Yep, apparently what I posted earlier was a lie. Well that's rude of them.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

One thing that has always bothered me about co-op PvE games is that if you’re a person who cares about listening to dialogue and taking in the plot, you’ll inevitably be in a co-op group of people who just want to rush through an area to get the loot and then move on as quickly as possible.

Only really matters if it’s your first experience of areas, of course.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Monolith. posted:

Yep, apparently what I posted earlier was a lie. Well that's rude of them.

Same, as soon as noon rolled around the timer went from 0:00:00 to 11:59:59. That's just cruel.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Solidfps is doing WT15 Expeditions.

https://www.twitch.tv/solidfps

He’s getting murdered.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

I’ve seen people get a physical copy early but couldn’t play because the servers wouldn’t let them log on.

So much for not being a Games as a Service title.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ICR posted:

Solidfps is doing WT15 Expeditions.

https://www.twitch.tv/solidfps

He’s getting murdered.

This is because he rushed through the game and skipped all of the side content.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

no its because the game is poorly balanced and lacks content

*rushes to kotaku*

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Yeah he did. It’s funny.

Here’s his 1 minute review. He said game is great.

I don’t know how he can say that because he didn’t really experience the game at all but anyway, no spoilers here. Here’s his review. It’s a 60 second watch:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DarkPolishedHerringRickroll-KClSiqe5iiuoXGms

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

ZeeBoi posted:

One thing that has always bothered me about co-op PvE games is that if you’re a person who cares about listening to dialogue and taking in the plot, you’ll inevitably be in a co-op group of people who just want to rush through an area to get the loot and then move on as quickly as possible.

Only really matters if it’s your first experience of areas, of course.

Yeah I'm gonna have one character, probably trickster or devastator, that's for story content and a second(well, the other 3) for MP. Once I beat the story, story character will be MP

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Bought this dumb game and really looking forward to getting some time in with it this weekend since my wife is working night shift the entire time. Digging this Technomancer sequel.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looks like these endgame areas are just an arena to fight a boss?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Tenzarin posted:

Looks like these endgame areas are just an arena to fight a boss?

That's basically what I'm seeing -- then again, the entire game is just arenas, so...

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Also, v. sad that this releases at 9 AM on Steam tomorrow when everyone else appears to be getting it sooner. Stupid Steam.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Memnaelar posted:

Also, v. sad that this releases at 9 AM on Steam tomorrow when everyone else appears to be getting it sooner. Stupid Steam.

I will never not be annoyed at developers for doing this poo poo. Console has it already and there are plenty of streamers playing it on PC with keys given by the developers. Just loving release it to everyone already you dicks.

A few hours is whatever but a day and a half for some people is just rude.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
But I feel like I already played it now. Endgame is basically destiny 2 strikes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Pre-loaded and ready to play.. or maybe ready to download the big day 1 patch!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Game isn't even out yet and people already complaining about the endgame content.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The Locator posted:

Pre-loaded and ready to play.. or maybe ready to download the big day 1 patch!

10 GB :toot:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Game isn't even out yet and people already complaining about the endgame content.

is that mostly cause people put it in the same box as a GaaS?

No one would complain about a "15-25 hour 3rd person sci-fi RPG."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've been watching some streams today and dang this looks nice...maybe I will buy it instead of waiting for an early sale or possible PS+ addition

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

is that mostly cause people put it in the same box as a GaaS?

No one would complain about a "15-25 hour 3rd person sci-fi RPG."

I think it's mostly because people are stupid.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

AirRaid posted:

I think it'll be plenty long and plenty good enough at release. My hope is that, like Remnant, it catches on enough to justify a lot of additional post-release work.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

I think it'll be plenty long and plenty good enough at release. My hope is that, like Remnant, it catches on enough to justify a lot of additional post-release work.

I hope so too. I would love to see additional legendaries and expeditions, yadda yadda.

If anything, the folks streaming have all basically given positive feedback to the game and chats in twitches have been good.

It’s nice to see that maybe we are all in for a treat

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

ICR posted:

I hope so too. I would love to see additional legendaries and expeditions, yadda yadda.

If anything, the folks streaming have all basically given positive feedback to the game and chats in twitches have been good.

It’s nice to see that maybe we are all in for a treat

BTW, I dig your enthusiasm posts and I choose to believe that anyone who posts about an ICR curse is doing so out of extreme fondness for your effort. :)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

enthusiasm is better than cynicism*

(unless it's for star citizen, anthem, or artifact)

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Can't even tease my friends about their Star Citizen purchases. Just feels bad, man.

The initial reviews have all been really positive so far; I hope it builds enough buzz to sell early on. I dug that in the Twitch streamers chat, most of the commenters were shouting down the one or two people who complained that the dude who skipped all the side content was already at endgame.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

BTW, I dig your enthusiasm posts and I choose to believe that anyone who posts about an ICR curse is doing so out of extreme fondness for your effort. :)

Much appreciated! I just love being here. I need the community for my own mental health really. I appreciate your posts as well, Memnaelar. We’ve crossed paths in other games. :)

victrix posted:

Amen to this. loving god drat Anthem. I can’t believe anybody is putting any stock or faith in BioWare from here. I’ve seen excitement around Dragon Age 4 in other areas and I’m just like, making GBS threads bricks thinking about it.

I do find it hilarious that it was one day apart (I think?) that Artifact and Anthem went under officially.

Also, lots of new legendaries coming out today via streams and I’m trying not to see ALL of them but there’s a select few I’ve stumbled on and I just loving love the look on this thing:

It’s been eons since I’ve played destiny 2, which I still think is fantastic (I just can’t keep up) so an endgame that comprises of “strikes” does it for me.

I LOVED destiny 1 for their strikes. You can duplicate that poo poo all you want, devs.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

ICR posted:

It’s been eons since I’ve played destiny 2, which I still think is fantastic (I just can’t keep up) so an endgame that comprises of “strikes” does it for me.

I LOVED destiny 1 for their strikes. You can duplicate that poo poo all you want, devs.

Yeah, as someone with 2 kids, a full time job, and currently doing a post grad I maybe get an hour an evening to play once everyone else is in bed, so this sounds perfect for me. A nice little loot grind, with the option of customising my own weapon mod combos will probably keep me going for a long time.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
That big dumb warthog gun with a cinderblock tied to the bottom for REASONS is an example of why I want this game. It just seems to fit in well with a game where the "hero" complains about having a bad day after the shopkeeper who she wants to buy some tea from eats a bullet to the gut and dies.

It's so dumb, it goes right through the bottom and comes out the cool top.

Also, the demo having two different NPCs tell my hero "You did a good thing" in EXACTLY that phrasing doesn't make me think the writing will suddenly get better outside of the demo, but I'm here for it fam.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I play games for the dumb little quippy one-liners and situations, not because they're trying to pretend to be some form of high art.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

victrix posted:

Hey, the last time I jumped on an ICR hype train was Anthem.

And I actually enjoyed Anthem, for all it's problems :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I kinda want to play Anthem, but the announcement that Bioware is abandoning the game for good and not releasing the 2.0 update, killed any motivation.