Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beasteh posted:

Starscryer to tutor wildfires just makes sense in button Mage, I am tinkering with a single potion of illusion since the deck runs so many premium battlecries like Jandice

I think a single evocation could work too, especially if you’re running out of fuel regularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I just had a Paladin straight up refusing to attack/kill my Far Watch Post when he finally had the chance to.
He merrily drew card after card after card, trading into everything but my FWP.

Even played a Voracious Reader and kept drawing more expensive cards.
Are people reading the "Can't attack" as "Can't be attacked"?

WTF?
https://hsreplay.net/replay/n7rahYx3vDuxZgFxgZwepF

Edit: Another one. Both Paladins. Is this the hubris of the holy light?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 31, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I don't care if it's an F tier deck, nothing is quite as satisfying as putting out multiple buffed Krushes in the same turn.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't care if it's an F tier deck, nothing is quite as satisfying as putting out multiple buffed Krushes in the same turn.

Decklist please!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
I’ve been playing around with taunt warrior again now that there’s the handbuffs, copying and extra draw available. it’s definitely working better than previously, although small sample size and I’ve faced only slower decks so far.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Where's the card draw?????
*screams in shaman voice* :argh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/dogdog/status/1377282594958532610?s=20

Turns out Pen Flinger is still busted, who would’ve thought. It’s especially bad with the new Rogue card that draws every time you play a Battlecry/combo minion. The Rogue decks aren’t optimized yet but once they are Miracle Rogue will be cancer.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/dogdog/status/1377282594958532610?s=20

Turns out Pen Flinger is still busted, who would’ve thought. It’s especially bad with the new Rogue card that draws every time you play a Battlecry/combo minion. The Rogue decks aren’t optimized yet but once they are Miracle Rogue will be cancer.

### PenIS LOL
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Sinister Strike
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Efficient Octo-bot
# 2x (2) Foxy Fraud
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
# 2x (3) Field Contact
# 1x (4) Scabbs Cutterbutter
#
AAECAd75AwKd8AOXoAQOzrkDqssDn80DpNED390D590D890DqOsDqusDq+sDkZ8ElJ8E9p8E958EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I was having a lot of fun but we're starting to enter the part of the meta where everyone has figured out the watch posts are good and so games are getting long and boring.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Outpost mage mirror match is incredibly dumb.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

sirtommygunn posted:

I was having a lot of fun but we're starting to enter the part of the meta where everyone has figured out the watch posts are good and so games are getting long and boring.

I'm 100% expecting a nerf for them, or at least for Far Watch Post (down to 3 health). From what I've seen (and seen other people talk about) it's not the effects that are the problem really, it's that all 3 of them are very difficult to remove on curve so whoever plays them ends up getting at least 2-3 turns of value out of each watchpost.

Or we'll all start running 2 venomous scorpid in every deck just to get rid of watchposts.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pen Flinger rogue is a perfect cocktail of “feels bad”:

+minimal counter play
+inexpensive mana cost
+non-legendary
+makes turns longer
+powerful
+great synergy
+annoying sound

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Pen Flinger rogue is a perfect cocktail of “feels bad”:

+annoying sound

"Hey Loser!"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Desert Bus posted:

Decklist please!

Just something I slapped together, but inspired by this video

### Krush dream
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Overwhelm
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (2) Bola Shot
# 1x (2) Kolkar Pack Runner
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Professor Slate
# 2x (4) Piercing Shot
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 2x (4) Scrap Shot
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (8) Beastmaster Leoroxx
# 1x (9) King Krush
#
AAECAR8ItrsDj84D5NQDj+MDn+wD5e8D4Z8El6AEC/m6A7nQA43kA+rpA9zqA/DsA9vtA6mfBKqfBOWfBLugBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This brawl is really broken.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
one and done thanks to an insta-concede, thanks Mage friend

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RoboCicero posted:

It looks like every egg is hatching twice. The first time it hatches it gets the dye buffs, but the second time it hatches it just becomes a 1/3 with no buffs. So, not the most riveting of tavern brawls.

Yeah, just noticed this.

Also, I really wish they'd count golden copies towards your collection's "completeness." Thanks to some lucky pulls from the first two "free" xp packs, I'm settled with Standard and everything from here on out is just extra dust.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 31, 2021

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

Why doesn't coin + refreshing spring water on T3 give back 4 mana (on that turn) after drawing 2 cards? The text on coin is "gain one mana crystal this turn only"

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

### PenIS LOL
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Sinister Strike
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Efficient Octo-bot
# 2x (2) Foxy Fraud
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
# 2x (3) Field Contact
# 1x (4) Scabbs Cutterbutter
#
AAECAd75AwKd8AOXoAQOzrkDqssDn80DpNED390D590D890DqOsDqusDq+sDkZ8ElJ8E9p8E958EAA==
#

What are you even discounting with Scabbs in this deck?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah pen flinger + frenzy mechanic = annoying.

Had a poke through the early high level decks on HSReplay. Glad to see that mill warlock is the lowest win rate of all. Surprised to see no-minion C'Thun mage right up near the top - it's quite fun and surprisingly powerful. 2 games so far at D4; both easy wins. Tons of draw, burn, removal and generation. Dropping mask of cthun against an empty board is pyroblast for 7 or less mana.

### No Minion Mage
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Font of Power
# 1x (2) Evocation
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Refreshing Spring Water
# 2x (4) Ring Toss
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (7) Flamestrike
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 2x (8) Deep Freeze
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAECAf0EAsW4A7/gAw7BuAOMuQOBvwPexAPgzAPHzgP73QPr3gPQ7APR7AP8ngT9ngT+ngTonwQA
#

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

Boatswain posted:

Yeah, it's a good deck but Kazakus is much better as the only 4 drop.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

RatHat posted:

This brawl is really broken.

Until you know that all the dyes do nothing, then you're forced to simply throw everything into the opponents face and hope for something bigger to hit the board and make it slightly faster. :sigh:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Not That Into You posted:

Why doesn't coin + refreshing spring water on T3 give back 4 mana (on that turn) after drawing 2 cards? The text on coin is "gain one mana crystal this turn only"

The crystal breaks immediately on using it, so it can't be refilled.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
so uhhh, I know everyone is having fun with all the new cards, but tavern brawls are still a thing and hoo boy is this one busted.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Boatswain posted:

That is a good question and i'm not sure. Looks like I made a bad choice oops

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

That is a good question and i'm not sure. Looks like I made a bad choice oops

Try the Watch Post Rogue with Kazakus and the summon 5/5 per Post legendary, feels much stronger than regular Miracle.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Until you know that all the dyes do nothing, then you're forced to simply throw everything into the opponents face and hope for something bigger to hit the board and make it slightly faster. :sigh:

I'll tell you what, the 7-cost DH spell that summons a 3/3 for every minion that dies to the 3-damage AoE is a clutch get in this brawl.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To get your pack from this broke-rear end brawl play Hunter, don’t use any dyes, and hero power each turn. If your hand is full from dyes then dump them all on a single egg. And hope your opponent doesn’t get a big minion or something.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

GTO posted:

Yeah pen flinger + frenzy mechanic = annoying.

Had a poke through the early high level decks on HSReplay. Glad to see that mill warlock is the lowest win rate of all. Surprised to see no-minion C'Thun mage right up near the top - it's quite fun and surprisingly powerful. 2 games so far at D4; both easy wins. Tons of draw, burn, removal and generation. Dropping mask of cthun against an empty board is pyroblast for 7 or less mana.

### No Minion Mage
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Font of Power
# 1x (2) Evocation
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Refreshing Spring Water
# 2x (4) Ring Toss
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (7) Flamestrike
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 2x (8) Deep Freeze
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAECAf0EAsW4A7/gAw7BuAOMuQOBvwPexAPgzAPHzgP73QPr3gPQ7APR7AP8ngT9ngT+ngTonwQA
#

My deck has -1 Ice barrier and -2 deep freeze, for +2 mana biscuits and +1 cone of cold. I like the mana biscuits to let you get extra mana later from turns you would float mana. And even better when they get discounted by incanter's flow. Good for pairing with Evocation turns to get more of those disappearing spells cast. Cone of cold is an okay stall while waiting for AoE to come online, it's been okay to have one.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It also wouldn't surprise me if the eggs are bugged another way, since it was implied that more than just 1/3 bunnies might/should come out of them.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why is there a dust refund for mankirk and samuro but not Brukan...?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Acerbatus posted:

Why is there a dust refund for mankirk and samuro but not Brukan...?

You have to collect all legendaries, including regular Brukan to get diamond Brukan. It's an achievement card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Reckless Apprentice appears to work with ANY hero power. It just activates the hero power once for every enemy, and targets them if possible. For example if you somehow got it with Deathknight Uther you could OTK the opponent as long as they have 3+ minions on board. And yes it works with Majordomo.

Of course the only non-Mage classes that could get it somewhat frequently would be Rogue and Priest, and those don't benefit from it very much. Still I'm sure we'll see videos of other classes getting it on Trolden at some point.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 31, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The brawl sounded like a fun idea if any of it worked correctly

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

RatHat posted:

So Reckless Apprentice appears to work with ANY hero power. It just activates the hero power once for every enemy, and targets them if possible
How can I generate one as odd warrior????

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just played Warsong Commander and (Gruntled) Patron in TYOL 2021. With Overlord Saurfang and a few Patrons in the resurrect-pool you can guarantee a big board. I've also got some other good stuff such as Samuro + Runthak/Taskmaster. Rokara and Mor'shan Elites probably have a place in the deck but I haven't crafted them yet. Deck might suck but it has been fun so far.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Outpost mage mirror match is incredibly dumb.

You mean the best gameplay that has ever existed?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Not That Into You posted:

As I’m sure a lot of druid players can tell you, temporary mana crystals cannot be refreshed

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

So Reckless Apprentice appears to work with ANY hero power. It just activates the hero power once for every enemy, and targets them if possible. For example if you somehow got it with Deathknight Uther you could OTK the opponent as long as they have 3+ minions on board. And yes it works with Majordomo.

Of course the only non-Mage classes that could get it somewhat frequently would be Rogue and Priest, and those don't benefit from it very much. Still I'm sure we'll see videos of other classes getting it on Trolden at some point.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRb24Atgc3g

Or the second of these combos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfmDyE8IEf8

Also, this BG build is funny. Something to aim for if you roll N'zoth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXF37I2hufI

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

AnacondaHL posted:

Token Druid. Only required Guff, which is a pretty safe craft,

gah, pulling back on this part of my statement, early stats are indicating Guff is the worst card in Token Druid :(

So you end up with a boring decklist like this:

### Token Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Gibberling
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (2) Guess the Weight
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Thorngrowth Sentries
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
# 2x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 2x (5) Glowfly Swarm
#
AAECAZICAA/lugPvugP5zAObzgO50gPw1AOJ4AOK4APR4QOM5AOt7AOz7AOunwTXnwTZnwQA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/qYlBeX0mACL79beFel42qb/