Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Eclipse12 posted:

So my first run with Bethany, I ended up having my spirits all gain different tear effects and their look changed as well. .

Is this normal or a special interaction with an item I had?

I first noticed it after grabbing Dead Sea Scrolls. Gained spirits that teleported enemies to different parts of the room, lobbed mini ipacec, stunned, etc, all shortly after I got that effect from the scroll. Coupled with a 2 bar charge, that's a hell of a synergy. Only other idea was Rainbow baby causing it?

I've actually noticed this as well. I understand how the charge system works, but I was a bit confused on how I was still getting spirits even after getting a new active item. In my case, I got the Book of Secrets, and the spirits were replaced with little white question marks.

Pretty cool. I wonder if that works with all active items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Okay, NEW stupid question: does anyone know how to open the door in the depths that appears once you beat Corpse?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Okay, NEW stupid question: does anyone know how to open the door in the depths that appears once you beat Corpse?

Grab the polaroid or the negative and then warp out of Mom's boss room using an item.
If you look around carefully there's a skull with a small x mark on it somewhere on Depths II that will give you a guaranteed The Fool card if you bomb it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

here's hoping Isaac is good again

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Made the new last boss with a fairly strong run(very high rate of fire and explosivo)--got by the first section of it then got WRECKED. My god what do you DO. gently caress.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

holy gently caress the mausoleum alt floor :stare:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Made the new last boss with a fairly strong run(very high rate of fire and explosivo)--got by the first section of it then got WRECKED. My god what do you DO. gently caress.

Yeah, the second form seems basically like Hush with a much smaller arena, I had a totally busted load out and just barely scraped through. Gonna make some fun runs once I’m playing the shittier characters.

Augus posted:

Grab the polaroid or the negative and then warp out of Mom's boss room using an item.
If you look around carefully there's a skull with a small x mark on it somewhere on Depths II that will give you a guaranteed The Fool card if you bomb it.

Thank you so much, my brain just shuts down any time I run into one of these puzzles

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
Another stupid (?) question, is Repentance dependent upon Afterbirth/Afterbirth+? I only get the option to buy all three in a bundle and apparently can't buy Repentance alone?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

aas Bandit posted:

Another stupid (?) question, is Repentance dependent upon Afterbirth/Afterbirth+? I only get the option to buy all three in a bundle and apparently can't buy Repentance alone?

Yeah, that's apparently how it works--if you're purchasing on a system where you don't have the others, or this is your first time, you've got to buy the bundle.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that final boss is uh, something else. :stare:
I lasted like 10 seconds.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Wow I suck at this game now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

like the new sound effects, like that a couple of the enemies are clear zelda knockoffs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Made it to the last boss with a weaker run but had 9 lives so used that to practice. I can hold my own now. Hopefully there's no third form...........

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

God the Scat Man challenge is awful. Love to try and coax my dumbass non-flying, non-aggressive allies onto an enemy who's sitting in the corner. Really glad it ended after Mom's Foot.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah, that's apparently how it works--if you're purchasing on a system where you don't have the others, or this is your first time, you've got to buy the bundle.

Thanks! I'll probably grab it--I played the gently caress out of BoI back in the day, and this looks like a great time to jump back in. :)

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

God the Scat Man challenge is awful. Love to try and coax my dumbass non-flying, non-aggressive allies onto an enemy who's sitting in the corner. Really glad it ended after Mom's Foot.

For anyone on this challenge:

You turn enemies to poop when you touch them, and then said poops turns into more lil' poops, so if you have decent health just run into enemies all the time. Devil deals will be pretty pointless anyway so just load up on red hearts and don't worry about damage

Your bombs do damage to everything in the room.

Use your poop item every chance you can (okay, that's probably obvious)

Be sure to run into flies since they won't harm you and you turn them into more poops

I guess I didn't think it was that bad?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah it was absolutely horrible, only saved from being the worst in the game by ending early. The bombs are strong but there are some enemies you can literally never kill without them (eg that new boss who has a "moat" next to him so none of your poops can reach him) so you can't really afford to use them to speed up rooms unless you want to risk a soft game-over.

To be clear it's not really difficult (I did it on my first go), it's just extraordinarily tedious.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

For the third time I've jumped down into the Depths II instead of Mausoleum when I had both pieces of the knife. My god. gently caress ADHD so much lol

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'm not sure if the new floors are that much harder or it's just that I don't know what everything is going to do on a subconscious level, but drat they're kicking my rear end.

Anyways, "Children love the Meat Wheel" for thread title. It's a Heathcliff thing.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I lost a run to a pair of balls.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I'm not sure if the new floors are that much harder or it's just that I don't know what everything is going to do on a subconscious level, but drat they're kicking my rear end.

Anyways, "Children love the Meat Wheel" for thread title. It's a Heathcliff thing.

I too vote for the meat wheel

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

is it just me or is this new floor shaped like a swastika?

municipal shrimp fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 1, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

municipal shrimp posted:

https://imgur.com/a/JcniVYD

No, municipal shrimp, I think what that looks like is the shape of 'you need to spend less time online'.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

No they're harder for sure. Part of it is also the sheer design spam going on- Downpour has shitloads of watery enemies, waterfalls, rain, water floors, and it makes it a hectic nightmare to keep up on where you can move and what to shoot. Mines is the same but with rocks and fire.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

municipal shrimp posted:

Kind of, it's left-facing though (sauwastika), not the one associated with the nazis.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

God drat it. Had guppy incl nine lives and went into the second knife sequence and got killed thinking I'd just come back. NOPE!!!!!! gently caress this poo poo sometimes I swear. Every run goes wrong one way or another! Embarrassed I can't get a single kill of last boss with Isaac.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

municipal shrimp posted:

fuckin amateur hour here when real ogs have been calling this a swastika since rebirth

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
and dont get me started on flash isaac

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
My save file became "Real Platinum God" and is treating me like I have not completed any of the afterbirth or plus content. Anyone else seen this or have a fix?

edit: found a fix https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/mh38hq/repentance_bug_report_thread/gswi4ht/ for now

TheJadedOne fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 1, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

First mod I need is a music replacer so I can mix and match the best of Antibirth's, Danny's, and Ridiculon's OSTs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok what is bethany’s book about why is flush suddenly good now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh man with summon monstro bethany you get little teeth ghosts

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I greatly regret wiping my save file right before Repentance came out

on the plus side, it looks like the donation machine cannot jam anymore? either that or i got insanely lucky to be able to donate 60+ coins without it jamming

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Sharkitten posted:

I greatly regret wiping my save file right before Repentance came out

on the plus side, it looks like the donation machine cannot jam anymore? either that or i got insanely lucky to be able to donate 60+ coins without it jamming

If you go to your save file, then go to Stats, and press Alt + F2, you can sync your save file with your Steam Achievements. It should unlock anything that you have the achievement for.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nothing like losing a nearly-perfect run because you accidentally walked through the wrong door. :negative:

Black August posted:

First mod I need is a music replacer so I can mix and match the best of Antibirth's, Danny's, and Ridiculon's OSTs

:agreed:
Some of Ridiculon’s new tracks are easily among the best they’ve made for this game but I still miss some of the Antibirth songs, like the old Mausoleum theme

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
All of the afterbirth challenges are no longer marked as completed, even after doing the Alt+F2 thing. Is that a problem for anyone else?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Multiple Book of Belial uses didn't stack before, right? Pretty sweet for Judas in Greed Mode -- you get guaranteed 12+ attack by the boss without any other damage upgrades

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Cursed Eye is now good. :eyepop:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Attestant posted:

Cursed Eye is now good. :eyepop:

Tech 2 is borderline overpowered now, because a ton of tear effects now interact with tech tears. You can spam lil horn or holy shots at enemies and destroy most non-boss armour enemies in seconds.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

There's some extremely wild unlocks deep in the new content. "A Strange Door" related Variant characters that seem to be bizarre challenge characters, all of them have their own post-it notes. Alt Jacob is just a lone character that starts with a rechargable consumable item, and after a short bit a hell spirit Esau burst out of the floor and starts chasing you around the map, if you kill him or he hits you it turns you into the lost until next floor. I can only wonder what sort of nonsense the others have. Alt Azazel basically just takes away his wings and gives you skinny normal brimstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Einwand posted:

There's some extremely wild unlocks deep in the new content. "A Strange Door" related Variant characters that seem to be bizarre challenge characters, all of them have their own post-it notes. Alt Jacob is just a lone character that starts with a rechargable consumable item, and after a short bit a hell spirit Esau burst out of the floor and starts chasing you around the map, if you kill him or he hits you it turns you into the lost until next floor. I can only wonder what sort of nonsense the others have. Alt Azazel basically just takes away his wings and gives you skinny normal brimstone.

Any clips of these in action?