Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

Fake edit: I see a really cheeky deal (doable only after Daucus accepts Cyfoeth's offer) that would crater Gambol to undisputed last place while making Lethe and Pinchay 1st and 2nd place and giving Daucus and Cyfoeth a sad trombone.
I'll share it for laughs later no matter what we decide to do.

We saw something like that too, but weren't going to mention it. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

We saw something like that too, but weren't going to mention it. :rolleyes:

Well of course you weren't :v:

I'm actually thinking really hard about that scenario, but apart from the spite factor (never underestimate the spite factor) I don't think it's actually better for Houses Gambol, Lethe and Pinchay's interests compared to simply putting 5 power each on NAY.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

House Pinchay has a serious enough interest in ensuring a Nay vote that we will pledge 5 power to this issue. If it will take the burden off of Gambol and Lethe, we even propose the following:

For 3 coins, Pinchay will invest all 8 Power to Nay.

This should allow you an advantage in the next vote, to say the least, since it would mean that Gambol and Lethe are the only houses with power to spend. What say you?

e: This is, of course, contingent on Cyfoeth and Daucus agreeing to their own power investment. If they back out of theirs, then Pinchay's offer is similarly withdrawn.

Blastinus fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 1, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

House Pinchay has a serious enough interest in ensuring a Nay vote that we will pledge 5 power to this issue. If it will take the burden off of Gambol and Lethe, we even propose the following:

For 3 coins, Pinchay will invest all 8 Power to Nay.

This should allow you an advantage in the next vote, to say the least, since it would mean that Gambol and Lethe are the only houses with power to spend. What say you?

e: This is, of course, contingent on Cyfoeth and Daucus agreeing to their own power investment. If they back out of theirs, then Pinchay's offer is similarly withdrawn.

Sitting Councilmember

If House Pinchay is interested in coin for their decision, how would House Pinchay feel about House Cyfoeth paying House Pinchay 6 coins to Pass?

Note:This deal is contingent on Daucus' acceptance of the previously proposed deal between Houses C and D, they simply haven't got to reply yet today but having a web of proposals waiting is kinda funny.
If House Daucus would be interested in adding onto House Pinchay's pass-payment then we'd be quite fine with that for an addendum as well.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

If House Pinchay is interested in coin for their decision, how would House Pinchay feel about House Cyfoeth paying House Pinchay 6 coins to Pass?

Note:This deal is contingent on Daucus' acceptance of the previously proposed deal between Houses C and D, they simply haven't got to reply yet today but having a web of proposals waiting is kinda funny.
If House Daucus would be interested in adding onto House Pinchay's pass-payment then we'd be quite fine with that for an addendum as well.

Foreman

House Pinchay appreciates the offer, but we must decline. I said that we want Nay to succeed and I stand by that. It's just a matter of how much power that we put in.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

House Pinchay appreciates the offer, but we must decline. I said that we want Nay to succeed and I stand by that. It's just a matter of how much power that we put in.

Sitting Councilmember

Understandable, it was judged worth the attempt at bargaining.
However that does mean a wider net may be cast with some rewording.

House Cyfoeth is willing to revise the offered deal to 6 coins for whichever of Houses Gambol, Lethe, and Pinchay will first commits to passing this dilemma.

Note:This deal is contingent on Daucus' acceptance of the previously proposed deal between Houses C and D, they simply haven't got to reply yet today.
Likewise the additional clause to allow Daucus to add extra payment onto a passing house at Daucus' discretion is still included.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[waves] Hey! TravelLog hasn't been on for a while. We're still trying to get in touch with him. Apologies for the delay.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

If you do this, you leave us with enough power to utterly dominate the next vote, which we'll just use to put us right back here at worst and end it outright at best. You've already been set up the bomb. Make your time.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Quackles posted:

[waves] Hey! TravelLog hasn't been on for a while. We're still trying to get in touch with him. Apologies for the delay.
Since there's a lot of potential accords all depending on each other and I'd like to avoid an ebay-style last minute frenzy, I hereby deputize thee to act as Treasurer for House Daucus for the current Dilemma.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Daucus, don't be so quick here. We might not be able to end it this dilemma but if you grab the power pot, that's 20 power between us with a minimum 10 in the next pool, which we can then grab some of while you force the vote after this one, and on the third dilemma the other houses are utterly sidelined. I can't run the numbers really rough ght now but I don't think this can mathematically fail.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Sighence posted:

Daucus, don't be so quick here. We might not be able to end it this dilemma but if you grab the power pot, that's 20 power between us with a minimum 10 in the next pool, which we can then grab some of while you force the vote after this one, and on the third dilemma the other houses are utterly sidelined. I can't run the numbers really rough ght now but I don't think this can mathematically fail.

You're in a timeline where we other three Houses have aligned to counteract your all-in and the Reign continues. However

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

House Cyfoeth is willing to revise the offered deal to 6 coins for whichever of Houses Gambol, Lethe, and Pinchay will first commits to passing this dilemma.

Sitting Councilmember
Gambol is interested in this. Given it's a tentative deal pending a deal, I'll express our tentative acceptance.
End the Reign.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

C... posted:

You're in a timeline where we other three Houses have aligned to counteract your all-in and the Reign continues. However

Sitting Councilmember
Gambol is interested in this. Given it's a tentative deal pending a deal, I'll express our tentative acceptance.
End the Reign.

Witnessed, pending Daucus' acceptance of the previously proposed deal between Houses C and D.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sighence posted:

You’re saying that this is our play if we don’t win this round?

Edit: Oh. Give me a second here...

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

With Gambol not in the opposition coalition, my theory is invalid. Let's all go all in.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sounds good. We accept the deal.

Note to House C: If you don’t have any coin achievements, and House G does their spitey plan, there’s a way you can still take first... err, last.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Note to House C: If you don’t have any coin achievements, and House G does their spitey plan, there’s a way you can still take first... err, last.

Sitting Councilmember

Truly, a pleasure doing business with the other houses and working to make coalitions like this.

While House Cyfoeth has indeed been doing some number crunching in regards to coin numbers, we're more committed to this from the regnal imperative perspective. This reign has been built on a never-ending string of Ayes. Come what may we're willing to see that legacy through.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

As they say, “Aye yi yi yi”. Pleasure doing business with you.

TIG: Can we make “Aye yi yi yi” be the Queen’s motto?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Quackles posted:

Witnessed! This deal

C... posted:

Sitting Councilmember
End the Reign.
Is also now in effect.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senator

-1 morale
-1 morale
-1 morale

*ahem*

I guess that's probably it for this reign. We have decided that a first place right now, even at reduced effectiveness, is good enough.

The cheeky idea I saw was Gambol giving away all our gold to Houses Pinchay and Lethe.

Anyways, it's time for House Gambol agenda preference speculation corner.
Let's start with the obvious one, nobody got Opportunist.
(from the audience) No poo poo Sherlock

House Cyfoeth preference is a mystery. They obviously favoured Opulent, but what's the second one? :iiam:
Possibly Greedy? There's only one data point at the moment, from when they were 4th pick.

Lethe favours Extremist and Greedy, probably in that order. Next.

Even if they only picked it once (twice this reign) House Pinchay obviously favours opulent, at three prestige. The second favoured agenda is more of a dilemma :v:, but I'd tentatively point to Greedy.

House Daucus was stuck up Last Pick creek without a paddle until this reign, so this may be difficult. However, I speculate that they favour Rebel and Moderate, in that precise order.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Rebel life for us.
I'm not even bothering pretending on Rebel, but what is our other? Ohh spooky mystery :ghost:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I don’t... if Gambol are the rebels, why do Cyfoeth and Daucus even want an abdication? I guess one of you are picking 2 Prestige over 3 Crave, but why the other?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

megane posted:

I don’t... if Gambol are the rebels, why do Cyfoeth and Daucus even want an abdication? I guess one of you are picking 2 Prestige over 3 Crave, but why the other?
I think Omobono's post is on "which House prefers which Agenda" instead of "which House has which Agenda this specific reign".

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

I think Omobono's post is on "which House prefers which Agenda" instead of "which House has which Agenda this specific reign".

Especially since I started with "nobody got Opportunist" and EVERYONE saw opportunist in this game's agenda draft.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ah, I see. Well, the question remains. There are three houses in the abdication coalition, and only one can be the rebels.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

megane posted:

Ah, I see. Well, the question remains. There are three houses in the abdication coalition, and only one can be the rebels.

I was under the impression that House Cyfoeth has made their smoothbrain position clear in regards to this dilemma. The council has voted 7 consecutive Ayes over the course of this reign, we see no reason to pump the brakes on the yes train at this time, the only proper decision can be to make that '8 Ayes'.

In regards to agenda at least, heaven forbid that a house who's bloodline is intertwined with the royal family of Ankhist like the Dukes of Coden ever consider being counted as a Rebel, it would be tantamount to fighting within one's own family.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Foreman

Given the discussion we had last time I was in the chair, I suppose it's only fair that House Gambol did what it did. The snakes, it seems, actually came in on boats.

That being said, I don't enjoy the idea of going out quietly either.

House Pinchay will give 15 Coins to House Daucus, no strings attached.

As my brother would say, if you can't win, then ensure that the player you hate the most doesn't win either.

e: And for the record, House Pinchay will be passing as well, since it's apparent that we're not going to win the vote. Just wanted to mention that for the sake of not getting dinged again.

Blastinus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 1, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Blastinus posted:

So, just out of curiosity, is it possible to make a one sided deal or would the other house have to perform a reciprocating action/openly accept?
Not that this outcome isn't getting to maximum hilarity territory, but I'm not sure the official stance on deals like this.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

As my brother would say, if you can't win, then ensure that the player you hate the most doesn't win either.

Strong talk! Is the basis of your hatred the fact that we rooted for Nay once, and made Houses actually invest in a position?
Of course, you've made it clear that you don't believe in accumulating goodwill with other players in games, so it's hardly a surprise.

Worth noting that this doesn't improve Daucus' position in our calculus.
E: or move us out of first...

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

C... posted:

Strong talk! Is the basis of your hatred the fact that we rooted for Nay once, and made Houses actually invest in a position?
Of course, you've made it clear that you don't believe in accumulating goodwill with other players in games, so it's hardly a surprise.

Foreman

You're one to talk about accumulating goodwill, seeing as one of your members just claimed to hop aboard our coalition only to immediately abandon it once you saw a better deal. What were the words here...this doesn't need confirmation since it's in our best interests?

So no, I don't think that House Gambol has a foot to stand on when it comes to trust. Unless there's a stated contract, you're not worth dealing with either.

And yes, I realize that this doesn't affect your resources, but it does mean that Daucus comes in first for coins, and that's good enough for me.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

House Lethe - Treasurer

Yeah, Gambol's word isn't worth the paper it's printed on. How many times now have you said you supported one side, then suddenly switched and gone all in the other direction at the drop of a hat? And then you paint yourselves as dynamic deal-makers and sneer at the rest of us for not "building goodwill." Pat yourselves on the back all you like; Pinchay and Daucus regularly oppose us, but at least when they say they support something, they actually do so.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

You cite circumstances in which a House with three members have differing opinions - fault our eagerness to post, sure, but you needn't invent perfidy.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

That being said, I don't enjoy the idea of going out quietly either.

I have Done The Math, and have a counteroffer —

House P will give 6 Coins to House Cyfoeth. If the Queen is not forced out of office, they will give 9 more coins to House Daucus.

That’ll give Houses D and C a joint last place win, if the reign ends here.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Quackles posted:

I have Done The Math, and have a counteroffer —

House P will give 6 Coins to House Cyfoeth. If the Queen is not forced out of office, they will give 9 more coins to House Daucus.

That’ll give Houses D and C a joint last place win, if the reign ends here.

Foreman

Seems fine. Although I'm pretty sure that the queen will be removed, so I'm not sure how to interpret the second clause.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

Seems fine. Although I'm pretty sure that the queen will be removed, so I'm not sure how to interpret the second clause.

It’s covering our bases in case it’s only -1 Morale and stability stops at the second-lowest tick.

We accept our part of it. House C?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

scavy131 posted:

So, just out of curiosity, is it possible to make a one sided deal or would the other house have to perform a reciprocating action/openly accept?
Not that this outcome isn't getting to maximum hilarity territory, but I'm not sure the official stance on deals like this.

No unilateral deals and each side in an agreement has to accept the terms for it to be binding on their end.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

I've checked with TIG, and you aren't allowed to move Coin around after a Dilemma resolution, but before a Reign ends.

C... fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 1, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

C... posted:

I've checked with TIG, and you aren't allowed to move Coin around after a Dilemma resolution, but before a Reign ends.
Wait I'm at a loss...who's trying to do this? The second part of the proposed agreement is "if the Queen is not out of office", AKA: if the reign doesn't end.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh, OK. Let’s rewrite it.

House Pinchay will immediately pay House Cyfoeth 6 Coins to spend 10 Power in Aye. They will also pay House Daucus 9 Coins to spend 5 Power on Aye, but payment will only be made at the start of the next Dilemma if the current Queen is still in office.

Note that Coins are transferred to House C immediately on Deal acceptance.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

Wait I'm at a loss...who's trying to do this?

Oh, I must have misread a clause - apologies.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Quackles posted:

Oh, OK. Let’s rewrite it.

House Pinchay will immediately pay House Cyfoeth 6 Coins to spend 10 Power in Aye. They will also pay House Daucus 9 Coins to spend 5 Power on Aye, but payment will only be made at the start of the next Dilemma if the current Queen is still in office.

Note that Coins are transferred to House C immediately on Deal acceptance.

Foreman

This is amazingly ridiculous and I accept. Just hope my housemates don't lynch me for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF