Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nichael posted:

lol anarchists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

joepinetree posted:

Handsome Ralp

Lol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

I saw in GBS or somewhere else that Pick, as their alt account Choose, was saying adios to the forums.

Good, I hope she loving stays gone, the homophobic shithead

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

She's gonna be back. Pick is basically a celebrity on SA and nowhere else.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my ongoing rule for online communities is that no one quits by making a big show of it. if you quit you quit by losing interest and dropping out. if you make an announcement then you will be back.

it's not 100% accurate all the time but it's been largely correct for 25 years

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

you are the mask you wear, pretending to be a cruel bigot as a troll just makes you a cruel bigot even if you whisper jk under your breath

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

joepinetree posted:

I confirmed with Handsome Ralp that using a poster's history to show that they changed their mind on immigration on 1/20 is prohibited, but using a poster's history to accuse them of just trying to own the libs is fine. So I made the mistake of touching the poop and immediately regret it.

lmao burn dnd to the ground

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I'll miss pick and her terrible taste in movies and TV shows as well as her scolding for racist homophobic sex pest politicians

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

holy poo poo that immigration thread JPT probe.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

there's a variety of US anarchist that disdains even self-organization which is bizarre to me. Even go into the Cool Zone thread and you can find people who oppose organizations calling for events or bullhorns at protests in general. Like, how is a movement supposed to oppose the state if even a sound system is too hierarchical.

Bullhorns are a good thing to remove from actions regardless of your political philosophy because their most prevalent use is for liberal swoops to direct protests to either a) do nothing or if that fails b) march into a kettle.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Just rename it to D&D&DDD, Debate and Discussion and Don't you Dare Disagree

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

misadventurous posted:

guess we’ll see what happens when chauvin gets acquitted

My money is on 'absolutely nothing'

gudetama
Apr 1, 2021
BAD POST:

BAD POSTER posted:

Let me get this straight. I have to not only provide the data that proves the assertion that welfare state and immigration are incompatible is wrong, but I also have to pinpoint the specific policies that need be adopted? I am not your dancing puppet to do research for you.

I provided data that a specific assertion was wrong. You can either accept that data and that the assertion is wrong, or you can provide your own data to actually show that the assertion is right. What, in particular, you consider to be "much more interesting" is of no concern to me.

I personally would find it "much more interesting" if you actually provided a rationale for why you think immigration and welfare state are incompatible. But we haven't even gotten that far yet. All I've gotten is a bunch of attempts to nitpick actual data without you ever having to take a stand on the "immigration versus welfare state" argument that started all of this.

This is a terrible probation. It is amazing that in this thread calling people C-SPAM posters, saying that they are just trying to "own the libs" and all of that is fine and kosher, but pointing out the wildly shifting goal posts with no effort is immediately probatable. I am out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GOOD POST:

GOOD POSTER posted:

BAD, PROBED POSTER posted:

I'm not going to go through anyone's pre-election posts (because that constitutes "helldumping" here and I will eat a probation for it), but search works and a search for "concentration camps" in Debate and Discussion would reveal to you exactly what I describe happening with many of the posters ITT and elsewhere who are suddenly very concerned about calling something a concentration camp under the Biden administration.

Also are you sure that I'm doing "toxic aggro bullying" or saying something that makes you uncomfortable because I am putting words to feelings you'd really rather not admit to yourself? I get it -- I once built my political identity around being a Blue Team Voter too!

e: I should admit, in the interests of clarity, I'm not just considering what has gone on ITT but in the USPol thread as well seeing as this thread was spun off of it specifically to contain these discussions.
why do you give a poo poo

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Insanite posted:

holy poo poo that immigration thread JPT probe.

I have been lurking dnd and cspam lately and every single day the thought "wow that's an unfair probe" runs through my head while reading dnd. It's really sick, tbh. These people aren't interested in any debate at all, it's a loving joke.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Reality Protester posted:

my ongoing rule for online communities is that no one quits by making a big show of it. if you quit you quit by losing interest and dropping out. if you make an announcement then you will be back.

it's not 100% accurate all the time but it's been largely correct for 25 years
Yeah, that checks out.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

World War Mammories posted:

lmao burn dnd to the ground

quote:

I'm not really sure I see the meaningful contribution to the discussion of US Immigration Policy by mentioning that your search feature works and that you too, can see what people previously said about this threads stated topic. People's views can change and as long as no one is being exceptionally bad faith about it, I don't see what it adds to the discussion aside from stirring up poo poo. Either engage with what people have said in here or don't bother.

a ton of people experienced personal growth and changed their views on 1/20, calling them liars or hypocrites is unfair and discounts their lived experience. this only applies to democrats however, feel free to call ted cruz's new concern for the concentration camps a lie, republicans are incapable of personal growth.

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

I SHOULD FUCK OFF BACK TO C-SPAM
dnd is a honeypot for miserable pedants obsessed with the aesthetics of debate and if you don't realize this by now you probably never "got" fyad either

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I have been lurking dnd and cspam lately and every single day the thought "wow that's an unfair probe" runs through my head while reading dnd. It's really sick, tbh. These people aren't interested in any debate at all, it's a loving joke.

They run it like a club for their discord buddies to hang out and talk about how right they are about everything, and if you dare speak against any of the mod's buddies, boom you get kitty jail

But they have to keep up the kayfabe of being a place for serious debate and discussion so they refuse to put any of the actual rules up (e.g. forbidden words, no holding people accountable for their past positions or things they've said, etc)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

A New Dad posted:

dnd is a honeypot for miserable pedants obsessed with the aesthetics of debate

yeah perfectly put

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

Bullhorns are a good thing to remove from actions regardless of your political philosophy because their most prevalent use is for liberal swoops to direct protests to either a) do nothing or if that fails b) march into a kettle.

if the leadership of the protest let's some rando with a bullhorn wreck it, they shouldn't be leading the protest

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1377658797703958536?s=19

:aochloe:

Yeah I think the way this is going to go down is that Ted Cruz just gets "owned" for being a hypocrite and we get to pretend that actually helps the kids in cages

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

it's just... it's gotten so obvious, lately.

the pandemic wears everyone down, i guess.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

quote:

You have no policy, just puff.
:ironicat:

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Waterbed Wendy posted:

It’s honestly kind of hilarious to bait people into a forum under the pretense of having research-based discussions that are educational for everyone (lmao) backed up by a thousand rules about effort and etiquette, when in reality the only rule is that opposing the echo chamber is a guaranteed probe no matter how many links and charts you post or paragraphs you type

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

im glad the informed forum of big brains nyt readers and world understanders is here to tell me about how notoriously easy getting us citizenship is

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

A New Dad posted:

dnd is a honeypot for miserable pedants obsessed with the aesthetics of debate and if you don't realize this by now you probably never "got" fyad either

Everyone there thinks they are demothenes but they are actually a baby with a rash.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

They should put out an emergency alert that russia launched the nukes that would be like an epic af prank

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

*mod hat on*

im a big baby

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1377658797703958536?s=19

:aochloe:

Yeah I think the way this is going to go down is that Ted Cruz just gets "owned" for being a hypocrite and we get to pretend that actually helps the kids in cages

Two dumbasses talking past each other and looking behind them for a crowd to hoot and holler. And they said wrestling was fake.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

That immigration thread has to be the most transparently stupid instance of D&D modding I've ever seen. Just loving shameful. Who is Handsome Ralph and Herstory Begins Now? Despite their old reg dates, I'm not familiar with them or why they were made mods.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
d&d.txt

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

There was an American immigration process prior to 2014, when Barack Obama announced the goal of his administration was to pursue an Aggressive Deterrence Strategy, and began seven years of hurling children into dog cages for the crime of their blood-taint, and sterilizing women for the crime of their fecundity. The country still functioned, back before Democrats instituted a policy of "if we torture them enough in the process of sending them home, they'll stop coming."

The strategy of deterrence- the policy of torturing them in the hopes of stopping them from coming over- has failed. It did not stop immigration. It did not neutralize immigration as a Republican wedge issue. It did not win over republican voters. The only thing it produced, aside from an ever-growing pile of brown bodies, is you, and the rest of the sunk-cost-fallacy brigade, reduced to having to argue the problem with Trump's camps was he wasn't torturing them the ~right~ way, whereas Joe Biden will.

There is not an amount of pain that can be can inflicted on them that will add exculpatory nuance to the statement "we thought hurting these people would serve our goals, and, embarrassingly, it turns out we were wrong."

The only thing their continued suffering can accomplish is letting the people who started it save face. And as the extended tantrum over nomenclature for ethnic hygiene quality assurance facilities has demonstrated, it has failed even at that.

Once upon a time, some guy by the name of John Kerry asked a question: "how do you ask a man to be the last one to die for a lie." It cuts to the heart of the issue very neatly, imo. How can a political party admit that it has inflicted a tremendous amount of suffering, and gained nothing in return? In the modern age, the answer is very simple: it cannot. Until there is a sea change in the halls of power, we will never leave Afghanistan. We will never leave Iraq. And we will never close the camps on the border.

All the dancing around how the situation became ~nuanced~ on 1/20/21 is to avoid describing the first and most fundamental rule of American political reality: brown bodies are cheap, and admitting wrongdoing is expensive.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

lol wtf is up with this corny rear end MODHAT ON poo poo?? bunch of weiners

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
d&d is like pennywise if you don't believe it'll lose its power just stop posting there and it'll fade away

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Salean posted:

*mod hat on*

im a big baby

the mod hat they love to talk about :

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

misadventurous posted:

lol wtf is up with this corny rear end MODHAT ON poo poo?? bunch of weiners

i put on my klan robe and mod hat

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

d&d is like pennywise if you don't believe it'll lose its power just stop posting there and it'll fade away

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

IK HAT ON: I like to sniff butts IK HAT OFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

MooselanderII posted:

That immigration thread has to be the most transparently stupid instance of D&D modding I've ever seen. Just loving shameful. Who is Handsome Ralph and Herstory Begins Now? Despite their old reg dates, I'm not familiar with them or why they were made mods.

lol that was supposed to be the release valve for immigration discussion in uspol, too, as it was making team blue feel uncomfortable.

the concentration camps qcs thread remains locked.