Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I recently joined back after ~5 years of inactivity. Glad to know that it's a bit easier to get legendary cards now. Looks like I'm currently missing ~30 cards from the new expansion (paid for tavern pass and had about 3600 gold since last login). The amount of new cards and mechanics are overwhelming, anywhere I should start to get into the thick of things? I'm not too competitive, I think the highest I've ever gotten was like mid sliver...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If deckbuilding is overwhelming, sites like outof.cards, Hearthstonetopdecks, Vicioussyndicate and HSreplays all have a variety of good decks (and various levels of explainations on how to play them/stats backing them up) to start with.

Beyond that, what kind of decks do you like to play?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Killing mages with frozen Illidari Inquisitors feels so good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you get Mankrik's wife in your hand don't bother playing it because it does nothing right now(it does count as a spell cast for Penflinger though).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

If you get Mankrik's wife in your hand don't bother playing it because it does nothing right now(it does count as a spell cast for Penflinger though).

I love when rogues secret passage and futilely cast it from hand

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RatHat posted:

I'm pretty sure they were informed of this bug during the streamer pre-release extravaganza and said they'd fix it before release. welp

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is it just me, or has this been the visibly buggiest expansion launch to date?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

No it definitely has been extremely hosed up.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
poo poo gets buggier and buggier with almost every new set.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

sirtommygunn posted:

No it definitely has been extremely hosed up.

At least the brawl is fixed today. Had to get a quick win done for a weekly and didn't want to slog through a BG match.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Regalingualius posted:

Is it just me, or has this been the visibly buggiest expansion launch to date?

Basically two sets are launching at once so not surprising

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Having a turn 2 tower stick for multiple turns against rogue is pretty satisfying

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I haven't played since Glenn was in standard but I decided to give hearthstone another chance.

I picked Rogue as my freebie deck because rogue is my favorite. And I gotta say I'm here for it.

Jaraxxus is back and better than ever. And I didn't even have this orc dude in my deck. I just stole it and shadowstep a bunch. I bounced the orc for the my opponent a few times as well because you have to be the change you want in the world.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Turns out there's finally enough support for Hero Power Mage to work out.

### hero
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Daring Fire-Eater
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Book of Specters
# 2x (2) Ice Walker
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Spirit of the Dragonhawk
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Arcane Amplifier
# 2x (3) Pyromaniac
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Maiden of the Lake
# 2x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 2x (6) Coldarra Drake
# 1x (7) Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAEBAf0EBJvTAsPqAqiHA9jsAw24E/AT3M0Czu8CpIcDrYcDzYkDiLYDm80D+84D5dED0+wD1uwDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

If you can get Coldarra and Maiden to stick (or even better, get them both Illusion'd) the things you can do are obscene.

Reckless Apprentice is an absolute top tier card as well. Shame that Ice Walker doesn't work with it though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I haven’t tried yet, does the buff from Wildfire carry over to Frost Lich, or no?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Regalingualius posted:

I haven’t tried yet, does the buff from Wildfire carry over to Frost Lich, or no?

It does indeed! It makes FLJ very, very dangerous.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Olpainless posted:

It does indeed! It makes FLJ very, very dangerous.

It does carry over?! I figured it would have just reset it, that is VERY interesting!

I wonder if you Justicar if it persists then too.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
What would be considered a good face deck, for quick climb in standard? I'm not set on super high win rates, more on quick game times and positive win rates.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Murloc Shaman and Secret Paladin are the best aggro decks right now, and I seriously doubt anything will displace them. Secret Paladin seems like the better of the two.

e: saddest god drat thing you've ever seen:

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 2, 2021

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Oenis posted:

Are there any safe crafts yet? The legendaries I got seem underwhelming at first glance and I've got 4900 dust burning in my pocket that I want to spend on cool stuff.

If you want to play Priest, I don't think there will be a deck in this rotation that doesn't have Xyrella (barring a nerf or whatever). It quite easily becomes a 4-5 mana Flamestrike that also leaves a 4/4.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 2, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Another bug: South Coast Chieftain also counts your opponent’s murlocs even though it should only work with friendlies.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just had the most absolute ludicrous game as spell mage, my opening hands was double incanter's flow + deck of lunacy aka the absolute stone cold nuts

I played 4 Nagrand Slams, 2 Skull of Gul'dan, and basically shat on my poor control warlock opponent

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why was I just given 2140 dust on login?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just got 1st as Y'Shaarj despite forgetting to alt tab back to the game on turn 1, lol. Luckily my first few hero powers managed to cancel out my negligence. That new frenzy minion's pretty strong for the small window when it's good, especially with a spawn to couple with.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

No Wave posted:

you know what you did

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

No Wave posted:

Did you buy/open any classic packs recently? They had the wrong pool of cards being opened in classic packs for the past few days.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just opened mordresh fire eye guess i'm doing this

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Acerbatus posted:

Just opened mordresh fire eye guess i'm doing this

:bisonyes:

I feel like button mage has a nice middle ground version with spell, interested in trying that one out

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Beasteh posted:

Just had the most absolute ludicrous game as spell mage, my opening hands was double incanter's flow + deck of lunacy aka the absolute stone cold nuts

I played 4 Nagrand Slams, 2 Skull of Gul'dan, and basically shat on my poor control warlock opponent
I predict spell mage is going to be the most popular deck of the expansion because bullshit high roll decks are very fun and it high rolls often enough to be good.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dear other combo hunter on ladder:

It was an honor playing against you and gave me no(t the usual amount of) pleasure to smack you in the face with back-to-back King Krushes

Spot that coin lethal

Gobbeldygook posted:

I predict spell mage is going to be the most popular deck of the expansion because bullshit high roll decks are very fun and it high rolls often enough to be good.

Not if it gets nerfed immediately

pls Blizz

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure what they could nerf with Spellmage besides Refreshing Springwater(guessing it'll be changed to only refresh 1 mana crystal for each spell drawn). I guess they could put Incantor's Flow at 3 mana but I've never felt like it was OP.

Biggest nerfs I see coming are the Watch posts(probably bumping them up 1 mana or reducing their health by 1), Penflinger(Can only target minions), and Scabbs Cutterbutter(Either bumped up 1 mana or only gives 2 mana discount). Also Celestial Alignment but I'm not sure how they'll nerf that.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 2, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

Did you buy/open any classic packs recently? They had the wrong pool of cards being opened in classic packs for the past few days.
A single golden classic pack. But didn't everyone get one? Weird who knows.

EDIT: oh poo poo I see. My golden pack had tome of intellect, scarlet subjugator, call of the void, and pilfer all in the single pack which were all on the list. Sometimes lucky.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 2, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RatHat posted:

Not sure what they could nerf with Spellmage besides Refreshing Springwater(guessing it'll be changed to only refresh 1 mana crystal for each spell drawn). I guess they could put Incantor's Flow at 3 mana but I've never felt like it was OP.

Biggest nerfs I see coming are the Watch posts(probably bumping them up 1 mana or reducing their health by 1), Penflinger(Can only target minions), and Scabbs Cutterbutter(Either bumped up 1 mana or only gives 2 mana discount). Also Celestial Alignment but I'm not sure how they'll nerf that.

Lunacy - "cost 2 more"

Any deck full of random spells discounted 3 or more is gonna be amazing more often than not. This would reduce the amount of mana essentially being cheated, while also lowering the general power level of the transformed spells

Other needed nerfs are a blanket "not less than 1" clause to mana reduction effects

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Holy poo poo is ladder loving painful right now. The only cards I have for this current year are from madness and barrens packs and I’m getting poo poo on by everyone lol.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Acerbatus posted:

If deckbuilding is overwhelming, sites like outof.cards, Hearthstonetopdecks, Vicioussyndicate and HSreplays all have a variety of good decks (and various levels of explainations on how to play them/stats backing them up) to start with.

Beyond that, what kind of decks do you like to play?

I’ll check out those sites. I used to use something like Tempostorm, but I could be wrong. I’m a total net decker.

I used to play Zoolock, secret pally and I think jade shaman.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

obi_ant posted:

I’ll check out those sites. I used to use something like Tempostorm, but I could be wrong. I’m a total net decker.

I used to play Zoolock, secret pally and I think jade shaman.

I'm trying a murloc Shaman deck tonight and it looks pretty good so far.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

RatHat posted:

Watch posts are amazing. Game as VERY little counter play, and the watch posts cards give that.

Pen flinger needs to get removed completely, like 3mana same effect.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hearthstone detests counterplay so I see them being nerfed fast.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Watch posts aren't counterplay lol. They're completely proactive you just coin it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

I'm pretty sure they were informed of this bug during the streamer pre-release extravaganza and said they'd fix it before release. welp

hey please cut this small indie company some slack. it's very hard for them to properly test and fix everything before the release of a very big and anticipated expansion!