Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

lumpentroll posted:

it has his loving name on the poster

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChatfieldKate/status/1377274299778666499

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

yea this is the issue though. You can't say 'don't touch the poop' aboute forums in the same site, it's for poo poo like 'don't go to Freep and argue with these idiots, you're not funny enough to make it anything but annoying'. How can you in any way enforce 'brigading' poo poo when it's just a matter of clicking into a different subforum?

D&D mods have made it increasingly clear that they don't see it this way and would rather keep it as an enclave where liberal orthodoxy can stand free of any substantive challenge, and they can engage in the play act of debating within the margins of acceptable Democrat thought. To this end they might as well be the resetera forums, the way they increasingly isolate themselves from the rest of the forums and throw up defensive barriers of mysterious unwritten rules and forbidden words.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Not a bodypillow. Commit Gretchen!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1377761710707195904

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

resetera has more threads on wrestlemania 17 than it does on the border. no succ to mine here.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

:aochloe:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

epic

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

lumpentroll posted:

of course he's in the movie, it's his poster!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

sexpig by night posted:

yea it really is fuckin lame that we can't just go 'lol guys who like Bukowski too much are probably insufferable' and it instead has to morph into 'LADIES IF A GUY HAS A BUKOWSKI POEM IN HIS HOUSE HE'S PROBABLY A NEO-NAZI WHO WILL MURDER YOUR DOG' poo poo.

It's like the loving 'bean dad' poo poo and all, we couldn't just laugh at a bad dad being a stupid rear end in a top hat, it had to become ABUSE and loving Ken Jennings had to, like, denounce him or something and just everything got so unfunny and lame so fast.

Just let us laugh at weirdos, please, it doesn't MEAN anything.

To be fair to Ken Jennings he rightfully identified the outrage was manufactured and just rode it out with his friend. Now no one cares lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

gudetama posted:

wait so a bunch of corny tattle tales won’t stop PMing the manager about unsourced quotes and they’re not the ones getting punished???? lmfaoooo

Seriously wtf is going on here

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

code:
                                              /
                                             / 
                                            /
                                           /

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ytlaya posted:

The issue is that it's hard to define what is "touching the poop" and what is "people just posting normally in two sub-forums."

And it's not clear what the problem even is if the poop touching involved writing substantive posts. I don't get how this needs to be a new rule and why D&D can't just probate the posts they think are unacceptable (using whatever strange reasoning they use for that).

basically we made fun of one of the D&D mods too hard and he got mad in talked to the managers who had to come in and tell us to knock it off.

I for one will never stop laughing at d&d

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

seriously give d&d the liberal version of succzone, it will be loving hilarious

That's the tankie thread in PYF

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
I can't remember if axios are republicans or succ, not that there's a world of difference. Either way they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for China bad takes.
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1377014091328319491?s=19

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

my favorite d&dism is seeing one of them posting in a regular thread somewhere else and they casually drop in how terrible they think cspam is even if it has nothing to do with what people are talking about

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

spacemang_spliff posted:

I for one will never stop laughing at d&d

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

everyone in america is 40+++

https://twitter.com/potus/status/1377792787211505666?s=21

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

divided

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

And violating covid restrictions.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Average age of an American is ~40 years old.

We're a nursing home with an army.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Manager Hoyden posted:

my favorite d&dism is seeing one of them posting in a regular thread somewhere else and they casually drop in how terrible they think cspam is even if it has nothing to do with what people are talking about

That's half the posts in this thread about d and d. You're literally doing it right now in this post

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

america isn't 80+% white but his cabinet is

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

honestly most of the coen bros output is good

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I can't remember if axios are republicans or succ, not that there's a world of difference. Either way they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for China bad takes.
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1377014091328319491?s=19

We have a China thread where you can enjoy laughing at deranged anglos as much as anyone else https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838460

There's also a dedicated brain broken troll for your amusement.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeliMels99/status/1377074136137281540

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I hope he walks too.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Until I saw the Blue Wave I thought this was a republican that wanted him to coast through the scandal lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

really queer Christmas posted:

My favorite blade fact is that they had to cgi Wesley snipes eyes in blade 3 because he refused to open them in one scene lmao

witchy posted:

critiquing peoples media consumption is fascist if you're trashing marvel movies but it's good if you're going after canon

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

in fact, joe biden plans to double the amount of water fountains in schools nationwide

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jesus christ
https://twitter.com/2021_Phoenix/status/1377189598527430656

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

loquacius posted:

They are definitely dude movies, as in men tend to like these movies, but again that doesn't necessarily mean anything negative, unless you attach the word "racist" for no particular reason, so that is what they did

yeah, i'm cool with people saying "men are trash" when faced with misogyny or sexism or other types of gender oppression. the patriarchy sucks and I don't expect people to have a perfect nuanced analysis whenever they talk or post.

but people who make it their entire personality and brag about how it determines their media consumption habits are incredibly tedious.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lumpentroll posted:

I can't read that poo poo on my phone

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i love david foster wallace, he's the second greatest modern american writer after thomas pynchon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Lansdowne posted:

in fact, joe biden plans to double the amount of water fountains in schools nationwide

lmao

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Nothus posted:

I can't read

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Xaris posted:

i love david foster wallace, he's the second greatest modern american writer after thomas pynchon

R.L. Stine is the greatest American novelist.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Never read, only post

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/robyninrealtime/status/1377275717105373187

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

R.L. Stine is the greatest American novelist.

ugh, another white male novelist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don't get why people get so upset over being blind quoted. I mean, they posted it, so it stands to reason they wanted people to see it, so it stands to reason they're okay with it being a true representation of what they said given that it's what they chose to make public, so what's the problem with quoting them?

People can make fun of me all they want, and while I'm not sure I'm a notable enough poster here to get made fun of, I'm sure people out there in the world make fun of me somewhere, certainly I have coworkers who I dislike and make fun of, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. :shrug:

People need to stop worrying about people on a loving 20 year old message board making fun of them in a thread they don't got to read, sounds like a miserable way to live

My all time greatest gently caress up is posting "Strasserism doesn't seem so bad?" and then realizing I was getting all my info from Hearts of Iron

And then yesterday I was asking in SH/HC about why my GPU was running so hot and then admitting that I only had one fan in the case

Just lol if you get salty over a bad take, and moreso if it's not even attributable to you