Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm offriders again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

I'm offriders again.

Always-online have his downsides.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Oh hey I just realized why the DX11 fix doesn't fix the stuttering like it did in the demo. The launch version broke the command and selecting the DX11 client actually boots into DX12. :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
People with no idea about actually hosting massive amounts of users and people who shout about how its totally easy to prepare for is just a single, perfect overlapping circle.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still can't get Logitech gaming software to detect the game. Any ideas what exe these mouse apps want?

Edit: That's dumb, it's not the exe in the main folder, it's steamapps\common\OUTRIDERS\Madness\Binaries\Win64\OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe. Hopefully that helps anyone with a mouse with side buttons.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 2, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's not always about "need more servers," sometimes the game itself makes problems.

My favorite story was about some MMO (Runescape maybe?) which gave every player a free small Xmas tree made up of existing game assets. All the tree lights were repurposed blinking jewels. Every jewel, for some reason, sent info to the servers instead of just being client side only. Multiple lights on thousands of trees owned by thousands of players = servers on fire. And most of the company was on holiday vacation.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Roman posted:

It's not always about "need more servers," sometimes the game itself makes problems.

My favorite story was about some MMO (Runescape maybe?) which gave every player a free small Xmas tree made up of existing game assets. All the tree lights were repurposed blinking jewels. Every jewel, for some reason, sent info to the servers instead of just being client side only. Multiple lights on thousands of trees owned by thousands of players = servers on fire. And most of the company was on holiday vacation.

Some WoW dev decided to use a vastly scaled down model of the Sunwell (a raid end room) for a paladin spell that got cast all the time. They didn't find it for years IIRC.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Azathoth Prime posted:

Some WoW dev decided to use a vastly scaled down model of the Sunwell (a raid end room) for a paladin spell that got cast all the time. They didn't find it for years IIRC.

You might be thinking of you that Dalaran in a Dalaran unless someone did this twice. Someone took the full model of an entire city, scaled it down and put it in a globe that looked like the city. The city model was already intense at the time and laggy. The city within a city would kill the frames of anyone who ran by.

If they did that twice, just lol.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

I wonder if the stutter issue is related to all RTX cards. So far I'm seeing a lot of people in the Steam thread saying they got 3000 series cards, but I've only got a 2070 and it still stutters like crazy.

2080 here and smooth as butter. Except the 30fps cutscenes bleh.

When I was able to play. I have not been able to login since 2ish central. Just keep getting unable to connect.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Kilazar posted:

2080 here and smooth as butter. Except the 30fps cutscenes bleh.

When I was able to play. I have not been able to login since 2ish central. Just keep getting unable to connect.

You can change cutscene FPS in settings. I have no idea why it defaults to 30, even with default ultra presets.

edit: although there are on-rails cutscenes where you can move the camera and the entities still move at 30 fps so it looks insane.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Finished the game!

Good vibes. Is a cool game. Enjoyed the story, lore, characters, enemies and weapons.

Did not made most secondaries, so theres a lot of game if I want to backtrack.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Lawlicaust posted:

You might be thinking of you that Dalaran in a Dalaran unless someone did this twice. Someone took the full model of an entire city, scaled it down and put it in a globe that looked like the city. The city model was already intense at the time and laggy. The city within a city would kill the frames of anyone who ran by.

If they did that twice, just lol.

Nope, it was definitely the Sunwell for a pally spell. Did not know about the Dalaran model in a globe but it doesn't surprise me one bit that they made that mistake more than once. WoW devs are pretty high turnover, as I understand it, and they frequently have to learn the same lessons over and over as they shuffle staff around.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Roman posted:

Inefficient processes, sometimes laugh-worthy (see: Anthem's "it's your bad internet connection!") are generally where you're going to look for these things. Sometimes throwing money at the problem fixes it, at least in the short term, but you generally don't hear about this stuff until years after the fact. Crossplay breakage while waiting for console cert over a holiday weekend because PC was so broken without that patch it was required... yeah that's not a need more servers thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would have been willing to play all afternoon had the server issues just resulted in a "cant connect to matchmaking" error, but let you keep playing. As it is, I have only put 40 minutes into the game because I don't want to waste my time losing progress every time the server hiccups, because it kicks you right back to the main menu right away.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I had no idea there were server issues until I checked into this thread, it’s been working great for me on PC.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Aside from an Unreal crash, it worked great as a single-player PC game when I tried it. Granted, that's a standard met by indie devs with .99c games, but it does function.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Bardeh posted:

infinite free skillpoint respecs

I was pretty negative on the whole thing until I read this and I instantly bought the game.

Take note, game devs.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

dogstile posted:

People with no idea about actually hosting massive amounts of users and people who shout about how its totally easy to prepare for is just a single, perfect overlapping circle.

Then maybe don't make your game always online? You sold a product and it doesn't work. People will complain about it.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

cerebral posted:

I've played enough games with the mouse/kb that I can no longer grip the mouse without it causing me pain. I am not just a shameful goon, I am a shameful human being.

I'm in the same boat. I tried the Steam pre-set "Gamepad with Mouse and Gyro" with a DualShock 4 and it's been working great. I could never get the hang of right-stick aiming, but with the gyro to fine-tune I can aim almost as well as with a mouse.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Tei posted:

Finished the game!

Good vibes. Is a cool game. Enjoyed the story, lore, characters, enemies and weapons.

Did not made most secondaries, so theres a lot of game if I want to backtrack.
How's the story?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Pigbottom posted:

Then maybe don't make your game always online? You sold a product and it doesn't work. People will complain about it.

I didn't say don't complain. I said people who know gently caress all about hosting always say its easy. Complain all you want.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

For anyone else having stuttering issues on PC with Nvidia cards, for me rolling back to old drivers got rid of them almost entirely except for a little stutter upon initial load.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
some dev in this game was an eye pervert, who would bother making this for a game like this

https://i.imgur.com/d51MmpT.mp4

why

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Sup offriders, I was really wondering why my game wont finish autosaving there.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Sup offriders, I was really wondering why my game wont finish autosaving there.

I think this is because it's trying to ping the server and can't. Every time I've seen the eternal autosave I've eventually been disconnected.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

some dev in this game was an eye pervert, who would bother making this for a game like this

https://i.imgur.com/d51MmpT.mp4

why

Maybe it's an Unreal Engine feature? :)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am enjoying the game. However, I can't get in the game now due to "Could not connect to the servers" errors.

gently caress always online games that can be played single player.

I am guessing the servers are dead. Would be nice if they spent 5 seconds to put a post on twitter to let us know.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Well, sat on "signing in" for 8 minutes watching the wheel spin without being able to do anything before alt f4ing out to eat dinner. Launch day is going basically to spec, so that's nice.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Raged posted:

I am enjoying the game. However, I can't get in the game now due to "Could not connect to the servers" errors.

gently caress always online games that can be played single player.

I am guessing the servers are dead. Would be nice if they spent 5 seconds to put a post on twitter to let us know.

https://status.outriders.net/

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I wonder what its like to be the guy who has to update their site with "investigating the issue".

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

I wonder what its like to be the guy who has to update their site with "investigating the issue".

*sigh* Offriders again. I got to play for 10 minutes.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

And this is why you don’t preorder

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Already getting real tired of enemies spawning right behind me with instant 100% accurate full auto.

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!
I'm playing on xbox (because game pass, otherwise I'd be on PC) and the controls are rear end. it's like there's a deadzone for specifically aiming diagonally so when trying to make fine movements it's only possible to move the aim horizontally or vertically.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I feel like all these people who beat the game in 6 hrs or whatever didn't let the difficulty continue to ramp up. I'm getting destroyed on World Tier 8 at level 16. Most missions take 3-4 tries to get through which is actually refreshing for once. It is super annoying when the server crashes right after you make it past a tough section though.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Frustrated posted:

I feel like all these people who beat the game in 6 hrs or whatever didn't let the difficulty continue to ramp up. I'm getting destroyed on World Tier 8 at level 16. Most missions take 3-4 tries to get through which is actually refreshing for once. It is super annoying when the server crashes right after you make it past a tough section though.

More importantly, it sounds like a crappy way to have a good time. I JUDGE THE WAY THEY CHOOSE TO ENTERTAIN THEMSELVES.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

There’s always one goon that needs to post that they finished a game within hours of its release

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ultraviper posted:

I'm playing on xbox (because game pass, otherwise I'd be on PC) and the controls are rear end. it's like there's a deadzone for specifically aiming diagonally so when trying to make fine movements it's only possible to move the aim horizontally or vertically.

They said they're going to add settings for deadzone, aim acceleration, and some other stuff in a post-release patch they expect to put out a couple weeks after launch but yeah, the xbox controls are insanely slippery.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aside from the technical issues this game's a lot of fun. I can't agree more with the Remnant comparisons. If this was priced closer to Remnant I think this would've been received differently honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Tried techno first and it was fine. Placing turrets to shoot around barriers, shattering frozen fools was not bad.

Then I tried the pyro and whoa things sped up. Having a dude explode in the middle of a pack of enemies is insanely satisfying. I think flinging around fire waves is definitely more my jam than ice turrets.