Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

If they nerf the watchtowers they should probably hit their attack. Hitting their life by one point would make them unplayable imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

Watch posts aren't counterplay lol. They're completely proactive you just coin it out.

eh I guess, I just like stuff that can help protect midrange-y gameplans (like Cult Neophyte or Loatheb), so I like far watch post.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

obi_ant posted:

I’ll check out those sites. I used to use something like Tempostorm, but I could be wrong. I’m a total net decker.

I used to play Zoolock, secret pally and I think jade shaman.

Highly recommend Vicious Syndicate and general decklists from HSReplay.net

Tempostorm in 2021 is basically a joke now, they just make up their numbers and data based on what their experts "feel", which worked in 2014 but is laughable today.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I already despise secret paladin.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Despising paladins should be the default.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Chernabog posted:

The secret most bullshit paladin card is the 0 mana warlock self sacrifice card which that will inevitably gently caress you over if you dare to use the coin to activate Oh My Yog.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I've coined into oh my yogg it's gotten me prep so far, which has been hilarious.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh My Yogg probably makes me rage the most. Especially because if I use Arcane Shot to proc it, the magic circle animation and sound stays on my hero for the rest of the game. And maybe a little because I always forget about it until it happens...

It did win me a game once by turning a Deadly Shot into Cone of Cold against two big divine shields, though.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Chernabog posted:

Can I interest you in a Control Warlock?

Played 3 games with it earlier, against Paladin, spell mage, and the new miracle rogue.

Paladin conceded after I board wiped for the third time, rogue went to fatigue while I kept healing just enough to outpace their flingers, and if I’d played Jaraxxus instead of tickatus against the mage I’d have won, but I forgot about fireballs. Warlock is very good

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

What’s the secret Paladin list? I haven’t found it to be that great tbh

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

When you get your 30 damage pack of Krushes by turn 4, with plenty of stall tools

Oh, never mind then

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What’s the combo to get multiple krush ?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Selective Breeder (1/1s in the screenshot) to make copies while he's in your deck. Warsong Wrangler (the 3/4) pulls it from your deck and buffs all copies +2/+1.

I also run Sphere to prevent drawing him.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
on turn 6 my spell mage opponent drew eight cards for a total of 0 mana and cleared my three-minion board

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

peer posted:

on turn 6 my spell mage opponent drew eight cards for a total of 0 mana and cleared my three-minion board

Refreshing spring water is one hell of a card.

It might actually outdo rigged faire game as Best Draw.

... With the sheer absurd amount of draw mage now has, I'm wondering if they have a viable Mecha'thun.

Oh, I've been having a delightful time with that wild hero power mage i posted up earlier. Wildfire'd FLJ FUCKS.

And theres little more delightful than people ignoring a mordred followed by you slamming Zola and Potion of Illusion after... You can feel the despair. Bet that rogue regretted double slamming Dragonqueen and everything down!

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 2, 2021

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I wish Ticketus didn’t exist. It’s not fun to not be able to play your cards and it makes Warlock the apex slow deck for the next two years since all other slow decks lose to it.

It’s weird that they printed Ticketus and Cthun in the same set since the first makes the second unviable. You’d think they’d print those a set or two apart.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

OMG OMG OMG

Arcane Luminary affects ALL cards not just cards in hand, right?

"Cards that didn't start in your deck cost (2) less, but not less than (1)."

Edit: Yes it does. YES IT DOES!

Yep, that kind of went as expected, lol.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/JEAfDvAEvxw7WGuPqcZ2E6

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 2, 2021

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Decided to try out Hearthstone.

My first 4 games at the noob rank.

1. Try out hunter core deck. It sucks.
2. Try out Paladin deck. Kinda fun. Easily beat Core hunter deck.
3. Second game with Paladin. Ahead with lethal on board against a priest. Priest with empty hand and board topdecks Draconic studies into Deathwing. I have no answer.
4. Still at Bronze 10. Run into someone running full meta secret paladin. How does this even happen?

I feel like I got the full experience and can just uninstall the game now.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Dik Hz posted:

4. Still at Bronze 10. Run into someone running full meta secret paladin. How does this even happen?
It's the second day of the month and, under the current Ranked system, everybody in the world gets sent back to Bronze 10 on the first. It is likely that whoever you got matched against just didn't play at all yesterday and so you bumped into them in their first match from the floor.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

mcbexx posted:

I had a hand pretty similar to this and of course my Deck of Lunacy turned my whole deck almost 100% into minion recruit cards (stuff like Commencement which is a 100% dead draw in an all-spell deck).

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

NorgLyle posted:

It's the second day of the month and, under the current Ranked system, everybody in the world gets sent back to Bronze 10 on the first. It is likely that whoever you got matched against just didn't play at all yesterday and so you bumped into them in their first match from the floor.

Anyone who has a star bonus active should be matching on MMR rather than rank though.

But yeah, it's just the state of Hearthstone these days that you're going to see tier 1 decks no matter what rank or MMR you're at.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Is anyone else experiencing unusual CPU/GPU usage and "very high" power consumption for Hearthstone when just idling in the menu?

GPU usage (2070 Super) rapidly fluctuates between 7-25%, CPU usage is at around 8-9% (24 core 3900x) and the app is just sitting in the background.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
congrats you’re mining bitcoin

also if anyone wants another friend I’m cryhavoc#1694

switched over to control warlock and having a fun time

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

mcbexx posted:

OMG OMG OMG

Arcane Luminary affects ALL cards not just cards in hand, right?

"Cards that didn't start in your deck cost (2) less, but not less than (1)."

Edit: Yes it does. YES IT DOES!

Seeing a mage not drop Lunacy on curve against no pressure on 2 is like seeing a Druid not drop Overgrowth on 4. For shame!

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

doingitwrong posted:

I wish Ticketus didn’t exist. It’s not fun to not be able to play your cards and it makes Warlock the apex slow deck for the next two years since all other slow decks lose to it.

It’s weird that they printed Ticketus and Cthun in the same set since the first makes the second unviable. You’d think they’d print those a set or two apart.

I like the idea of Tickatus, but hate having him be able to be used more than once. I feel like duplicating him or using Y'Shaarj to burn 10 or more cards is too restrictive and kills counterplay. It's fine if they want to give an 8/8 body for 6 mana again, but let his battlecry expire after one use.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
So I started a heroic Duel and only got offered classes I don't usually play. I picked Rogue, and the "Add a 1 cost minion to your hand every turn" hero power. I filled my deck with some pretty random poo poo, I have no synergies, and don't really know how to play rogue.

I got Recycling (1 armor every time a minion dies), because I figured, sure I'll have a bunch of 1 cost minions and need to stay alive, fine.

Then I got "Rally the Troops."

Holy loving poo poo what is this insane madness? The first battle cry minion you play every turn also draws a card and reduces it's cost by 5. So basically EVERY TURN I generate a 1 cost minion, draw an extra card, and then that card is free.

I'm currently 9 and 2, but I really only lost those 2 games because it's so insane my hand is constantly full and I'm burning poo poo I might have needed and doing weird plays to dump my hand and it's confusing. I have like 40 armor at all times, and play like 4-5 minions a turn half the time.

I beat some dude who had a treasure power I didn't even catch at first, but seemingly, it added a 1 health copy of every loving minion he played to the board??? And then they had rush. So every turn he dropped some ridiculous legendary on the board, got 2 of them, and got to rush. And he lost.

Edit: Ok, what the gently caress, I think I just queued into this guy again, the next day. He has "When you summon a rush minion, summon a 1 health copy" AND "The first minion you play each turn has rush." So he first plays a non-rush minion, which gains rush, and gets a copy, which both have rush. Then he can additionally play natural rush minions, which get a copy, and have rush.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 2, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

A tragedy in four acts (it was a top deck as well).
I really need to enable highlight capturing, god drat.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 2, 2021

WillPac
Aug 4, 2009

Rags to Riches
Has anyone put some serious time into the Classic Hearthstone mode?

Been thinking about coming back after a long break and was wondering how quickly the nostalgia wears off...

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Who needs pyroblast?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Cast when drawn cards don't work with Secret Passage, but that loving watch tower zaps all of their costs by 1? Nice consistency.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Rogue Secrets beats Paladin, face pressure beats mage. I’m hoping this combo can beat both. So far I’m 1-1, lost to a Krush Hunter which was fun to watch and then I destroyed a shaman. Definitely needs fine tuning but I think it’s promising

### Secret Weapon Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (1) Paralytic Poison
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (2) Ambush
# 2x (2) Bamboozle
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Efficient Octo-bot
# 2x (2) Nitroboost Poison
# 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
# 1x (2) Shenanigans
# 2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
# 2x (3) Sparkjoy Cheat
# 2x (3) Swinetusk Shank
#
AAECAaIHBMy5A/vEA4PkA6zrAw3OuQPQuQO5vgOqywPV1APz3QOB5AOC5AOr6wOt6wOSnwT2nwT3nwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

WillPac posted:

Has anyone put some serious time into the Classic Hearthstone mode?

Been thinking about coming back after a long break and was wondering how quickly the nostalgia wears off...

Do you like getting your poo poo kicked in by miracle rogue/force roar druid?

The meta will never ever change and once the novelty wears off it will be a wasteland

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I don't think I've seen a meta force a handful of classes and leave everyone in the dust this hard and early before. Mage, Paladin and Rogue are all sitting in T1, and I'll say Warlock isn't that far behind but every other class just seems to not exist on the ladder, and it's been less then a week.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Twitch Drops are enabled; watch 4 hours of a participating HS stream and get 2 Barrens packs, ends Sun 4/4

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I don't think I've seen a meta force a handful of classes and leave everyone in the dust this hard and early before. Mage, Paladin and Rogue are all sitting in T1, and I'll say Warlock isn't that far behind but every other class just seems to not exist on the ladder, and it's been less then a week.

Elemental and murloc shaman seem decent but they're definitely scarce on ladder.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Watching Dog play Celestial Alignment druid at top legend and queue into nonstop spell mages who rip deck of Lunacy on turn 2 and smash him with Nagrand Slam like 5 times per game

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

mcbexx posted:

Is anyone else experiencing unusual CPU/GPU usage and "very high" power consumption for Hearthstone when just idling in the menu?

GPU usage (2070 Super) rapidly fluctuates between 7-25%, CPU usage is at around 8-9% (24 core 3900x) and the app is just sitting in the background.

Cry Havoc posted:

congrats you’re mining bitcoin

I had a bitcoin miner running in the background for nearly a month. I was convinced it was a driver update/issue causing poor performance, even though rolling it back didn't fix things. In hindsight the capslocked SOUNDMIXER.EXE in taskmanager should have been a giveaway. Look for anything funky; malware and virus scans didn't find it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Bugfix patch
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1378035222344704002?s=19

Beasteh posted:

Watching Dog play Celestial Alignment druid at top legend and queue into nonstop spell mages who rip deck of Lunacy on turn 2 and smash him with Nagrand Slam like 5 times per game
idk if it's OP, but Lunacy Mage is getting nerfed if it's tournament viable like OG Yogg.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

enki42 posted:

I had a hand pretty similar to this and of course my Deck of Lunacy turned my whole deck almost 100% into minion recruit cards (stuff like Commencement which is a 100% dead draw in an all-spell deck).

this was basically my experience playing DoL before the rotation, there were just so many spells that were do-nothings that I ended up cutting it

seems like now the spell pool has shrunk it's a lot more consistently good? I'll have to try it out again

e: wait they changed it? when did that happen? it used to be spells of the same cost and then they were 3 cheaper

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

Bugfix patch
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1378035222344704002?s=19

idk if it's OP, but Lunacy Mage is getting nerfed if it's tournament viable like OG Yogg.

It's so one sided it's unreal, if they get lunacy and any form of draw (refreshing spring water is also broken as all hell) it isn't even a game of Hearthstone, there is zero counterplay because even ogre will get dealt with swiftly