Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If you care about workers or are a working person you should give a poo poo about Amazon fulfillment center workers in Alabama. They are voting to potentially unionize in protest of purportedly Dickensian working conditions.

Reports of workers being docked pay for bathroom breaks, pissing in bottles, pooping in bags, and a general culture of fear and intimidation are rampant.

Amazon has historically been fiercely anti-union, spying on its own workers in private facebook groups, and employing teams to monitor conversations

Here is a gut-wrenching union busting training video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpwVwFxyk4

Amazon has pointed to its "generous" $15/hr minimum wage, and unsurprisingly employed Twitter bots to spread anti-union propaganda. They are hilariously bad at it:

In my view, the obvious ramping up of rhetoric is a sign that unionization is more important than ever, and Amazon could be on the back foot. This could set a precedent and actually give workers some recourse for being terribly mistreated.

The results are not yet in for Alabama, but here's hoping our comrades in the deep south get it done and hold these literal actual evil corporate climbers accountable for their abhorrent behaviorp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

naw

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I’m very much hoping for the union to happen, it would be a great step forward for labor in the US. Amazon needs those fulfillment centers to be there, it’s core to their business model, so the employees really have leverage if they band together.

That said I can’t really do much but hope they succeed. I’ve heard from labor organizers on twitter that boycotting Amazon doesn’t do anything positive for the labor movement. They just want to be paid fairly, not have their employers sales affected.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I know someone who quit after working for a few months at the Alabama site. She pretty much described to me as it was easy to get into starting out at 15 an hour. But the longer she stuck around the more stressful it became for her mentally and physically. She then switched to a warehouse for Wal-Mart and it was a lot worse for the same amount of pay.

Watching Amazon loving this up in front of everyone is just the icing on this poo poo cake for me. I canceled my Prime membership and got my student discount refunded to me today. I rarely use it for deliveries and I just dont watch videos on their platform anymore. Why bother when I can find it on youtube for free?

gently caress Amazon, and gently caress Jeff Bezos. Eat the Rich and don't pay your taxes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Katamari Democracy posted:

gently caress Amazon, and gently caress Jeff Bezos. Eat the Rich and don't pay your taxes.

I will vote for whoever declares this their 2024 platform.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm predicting a return to the union busting of a 100 years ago except instead of machine gunning strikers from planes it'll be with drones.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pinkterons all operating UAVs with "non-lethal" gatling guns.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Honestly I think they should make it worse. Like they should pump fart smell into the warehouse and have some sweaty little fat bald guy in a purple velour suit walk around and whack people in the shins with a car antenna when they don’t work fast enough. Soda machine heats up the sodas instead of cooling them and they’re 3 bucks and it only takes quarters. :hmmyes:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

how long until we give jeff bezos & co the mussolini treatment

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

if amazon workers unionize jeff bezos is going to figure out a way to start drone shipping directly from china warehouses

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

r u ready to WALK posted:

if amazon workers unionize jeff bezos is going to figure out a way to start drone shipping directly from china warehouses

skeet shooting with prizes
sign me up

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hbag posted:

I’m free tomorrow.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Leave his dog out of it, though. That was hosed up.

edit: I'm thinking of some other prick where they killed his poor dog. :mad:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ccs posted:

I’m very much hoping for the union to happen, it would be a great step forward for labor in the US. Amazon needs those fulfillment centers to be there, it’s core to their business model, so the employees really have leverage if they band together.

Isn't the normal strategy to instantaneously close down the affected facility?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hbag posted:

I said I hope he gets hit by a bus on reddit and was suspended for threatening violence.

Didn't even realize my wishes had that kind of appreciable effect!

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
So after the plant unionizes, how long before Amazon shuts it down and opens a new plant one state over?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Cobalt-60 posted:

So after the plant unionizes, how long before Amazon shuts it down and opens a new plant one state over?

Seems like that fulfillment could unionize as well. Doesnt seem like a very sustainable strategy. They cost millions and millions to build.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Honestly I think they should make it worse. Like they should pump fart smell into the warehouse and have some sweaty little fat bald guy in a purple velour suit walk around and whack people in the shins with a car antenna when they don’t work fast enough. Soda machine heats up the sodas instead of cooling them and they’re 3 bucks and it only takes quarters. :hmmyes:

Hi, I'm John H. Freeman and I work at a grocery fulfillment center that may be associated with Amazon and I can attest that I once fulfilled your request by accidentally farting when moving several thousand pounds of produce from one pallet to another. Why spend the money on fart machines when your worker bees can do that too for free?

Also: Yay Unions! gently caress Alabama! Stupid motherfuckers made their slavery-is-good bed so let them sleep in it while everyone North of the Mason-Dixon unionizes.

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 2, 2021

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Root for this working class hero too.

Amazon sued by New York over 'deficient' Covid-19 response

LOL that I needed a European source for this story.

ABC

Always
Be
Cillingbillionaires

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

jeff bezos is a literal demon and god should deploy the angel gabriel to drive his holy sword deep into bezos' chest

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

jeff bezos is a literal demon and god should deploy the angel gabriel to drive his holy sword deep into bezos' chest

Bezos got pectus excavatum so deep that sword do naught but slip in his chest runnel like dick into tha puddi

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Sure unions are good but how will this affect me, the consumer?

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Bezos got pectus excavatum so deep that sword do naught but slip in his chest runnel like dick into tha puddi

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Also we should unionize with the warehouse robots into a mechazorb

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The threat was to replace them all with robots. Well?!? I call the bluff, replace them with the bots! Better than some stinkin' alabamans (no you don't get a capital letter).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everyone who can be replaced with robots already is. It's always been an empty threat.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
jeff bezos has a weird pseudo-surfer guy accent that really threw me off the first time i heard it

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
saw an ad on YouTube that was like "I heard all these bad things about working at amazon but then I started working there (out of desperation) and its actually all sunshine and rainbows" and I almost threw something at my tv

cancelled prime and audible like a year ago now

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I heard if you've maintained an Audible subscription for five years you get a gold vinyl record in the mail as congratulations it plays an audio track of Jeff Bezos saying the n-word. It should not have been done

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

*takes long drag off of freshly-lit cigarette*

Thanks, I needed that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Bad news, if god is real (he is not) he wants things this way. That's how omnipotence and omnipresence work.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I heard if you've maintained an Audible subscription for five years you get a gold vinyl record in the mail as congratulations it plays an audio track of Jeff Bezos saying the n-word. It should not have been done

lmao

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Meme Poker Party posted:

I will vote for whoever declares this their 2024 platform.

This was my 2020 platform and your rear end didn't vote for me

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Defiance Industries posted:

Bad news, if god is real (he is not) he wants things this way. That's how omnipotence and omnipresence work.

hmm yes this seems to have disturbing implications about the christian concept of "free will." hmm 🧐

Impale Bezos on a flaming sword, anyways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This was my 2020 platform and your rear end didn't vote for me

well maybe you should have canvassed more. Or sucked more dick. Just look at LSBB, his near constant dick sucking has paid a lot of dividends..

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I was banned from twitter for posting that I hope Bezos and Musk go to mars and then die, which is apparently targetted harassment.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Jeff Bezos more like Jeff Benzos because he's ruining the lives of a bunch of poor people in America

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

whats amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jabberlock posted:

whats amazon

That thing Brazil keeps trying to destroy so they can farm cattle.