Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Anyway, Knives Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

The_Doctor posted:

Anyway, Knives Out.

a good movie

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The_Doctor posted:

Anyway, Knives Out.

They should make more of them

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I want a bunch of them so I can display them on some kind of Knives Out rack in my kitchen.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Big roundel of knives out films instead of knives

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Knives in

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rey fell in love Kylo and also considers herself a daughter to Luke and/or Leia.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
Knives Outer

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

CaptainPsyko posted:

They’re more well adjusted than the people that think Johnson ruined Star Wars

There can be two bad fandoms in the world. When it comes to Star Wars, there are dozens!

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

jivjov posted:

Stop mocking shippers and calling them "nutcases"

I called the specific person who "broke the news" of the trilogy still being on a nutcase, because they are. Do you have trouble distinguishing between singular and plural nouns?

e: Thread has moved on, and so shall I.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Knives Out 2: I see you've played Knifey-Spoony.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I hope Rian will reuse Chris Evans in some capacity. The man is a treasure.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Somebody ITT forever ago posted that the sequel should have the same cast, all playing different roles except for Craig, and I am very into that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Prince Myshkin posted:

I called the specific person who "broke the news" of the trilogy still being on a nutcase, because they are. Do you have trouble distinguishing between singular and plural nouns?

e: Thread has moved on, and so shall I.

Yeah, someone who interviewed Rian Johnson and was told "yes it's still happening". You decided to call her a "nutcase" because she happens to enjoy the central romantic pairing of some space wizard movies for children. Cause you're TOTALLY not a sexist. You just happen to hate a fandom segment that just so happens to be predominantly women.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Knives Out 2: Knives Further Out

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Knives Out 2: Knives In

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bongo Bill posted:

Knives Out 2: Knives In

Knives Out 3: Enter the Spork

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Wives Out? Knives Out.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Everyone posted:

What we have here is not a popcorn chicken at all, but just a piece of chicken inside mashed potatoes INSIDE a famous bowl!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Stop slapfighting about shipping and star wars itt.

There are multiple star wars threads, and if you're mad at shipping you can complain about the postal service's lack of timeliness in the physical media thread.

edit:

jivjov posted:

Yeah, someone who interviewed Rian Johnson and was told "yes it's still happening". You decided to call her a "nutcase" because she happens to enjoy the central romantic pairing of some space wizard movies for children. Cause you're TOTALLY not a sexist. You just happen to hate a fandom segment that just so happens to be predominantly women.

I think jumping to the conclusion that the poster you're arguing with is sexist over that comment is a stretch

this is just eggin on the thing i said to stop.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 2, 2021

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The streaming wars are really heating up. First it was Disney+ with their premium stuff, then HBO Max funding the completion of Justice League and streaming a lot of releases day-and-date. Now Netflix is getting bigger and bigger names and budgets to keep people interested in the small screen even after the big one comes back.

I like this kind of competition better than the fragmentation of every license holder wanting their own spot at the trough.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Everyone posted:

Come on, The Search for Spork was right there. It's the right number sequel and everything

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Knives Out 2: Knife Goes In
Knives Out 3: Guts Come Out

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Colonel Whitey posted:

Come on, The Search for Spork was right there. It's the right number sequel and everything

You are absolutely correct in your criticism of my pop-culture failure. I need to shut up about this until Knives Out 6: The Undiscovered Utensil.

And even that attempted pun was feeble and sad.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Knives Out 4: The One With The Whales

(set in Las Vegas)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
That does raise the question of what the titling convention will be. "Knives Out 2" doesn't really seem that likely given that the sequels likely won't feature a big wheel of knives. Maybe we'll get a subtitle like "A Benoit Blanc case file" or something, and it'll end up like Indiana Jones where the first installment doesn't have the series title, but a decade later everyone will assume it does?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

jivjov posted:

That does raise the question of what the titling convention will be. "Knives Out 2" doesn't really seem that likely given that the sequels likely won't feature a big wheel of knives. Maybe we'll get a subtitle like "A Benoit Blanc case file" or something, and it'll end up like Indiana Jones where the first installment doesn't have the series title, but a decade later everyone will assume it does?

This feels most likely; or just go the Bond route and assume the audience is smart enough to see a sequel with a totally unconnected title. Which works doubly well if seeing the first one isn’t required of them anyway, as it ought not be.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
My guess is still "All In" with some variation of the Benoit Blanc series name as mentioned above. Grammatically similar enough to set a pattern and a phrase Blanc used in the first film.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

If it can work for the Rambo movies, sure it can work for Knives Out:
Knives Out
Benoit Blanc: Knives Out 2
Benoit Blanc 3
Benoit Blanc
Benoit Blanc: Knives In

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Just a series of different prepositions, Knives In, Knives Under, Knives Through, Knives Around, etc.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

grassy gnoll posted:

Just a series of different prepositions, Knives In, Knives Under, Knives Through, Knives Around, etc.

Alternately, different nouns or even verbs.
Guns Out, Time Out, Run Out, Far Out, All Out, Strike Out, etc.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Benoit Blanc's Knives Out
Benoit Blanc's The Sharpest Knife
Benoit Blanc 3: Stick A Fork In Him

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Benoit Blanc Cutting to the heart

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Benoit Blanc: Uncut
(Only available in select theaters.)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sun's out

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

sebmojo posted:

Sun's out

Moon Over Cutlery

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

(Who Let The) Dogs Out
With the help of his trusty Danois sidekick Bushrod, Benoit must figure out which of the Pemberton heirs gets to inherit the family business, Pemberton Kibble-Bits. But was the Pemberton matriarch's misstep into a dog food processor truly an accident?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So is anyone else hoping that they can somehow wedge Lakeith Stanfield and Noah Segan into the sequel, even if it’s international? If it’s going full Poirot, he needs his Hastings and Japp.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Have it that Lakeith’s character is now married to Benoit, and they’re in Greece on their honeymoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Blanc Out