Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He DOES have kindness in him lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

He DOES have kindness in him lmao

:wmwink:

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

christmas boots posted:

Look I'm gonna keep it real with you all. I started reading this thread around the time the Mpreg storyline was happening and have never read any of the Abbeycourt stuff prior to the ones posted in that time but this poo poo is riveting

Same boat here, same result. What the gently caress. Why.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

christmas boots posted:

Look I'm gonna keep it real with you all. I started reading this thread around the time the Mpreg storyline was happening and have never read any of the Abbeycourt stuff prior to the ones posted in that time but this poo poo is riveting

Oh god, that means you haven't read Gamer Dilbert.

You should read Gamer Dilbert.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Phy posted:

I never knew Jane Austen as written by a parody two-dudes-on-a-couch gamer webcomic author would be my jam, but it is

It so is

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

Oh god, that means you haven't read Gamer Dilbert.

You should read Gamer Dilbert.

Well, that's the whole reason why I avoided the kinda-Austin-spoof comic. I assumed it was gonna devolve into Gamer Dilbert, which for me is garbage. And, as far as my limited experience tells me, it did. And I'm just not its audience.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

gleebster posted:

Well, that's the whole reason why I avoided the kinda-Austin-spoof comic. I assumed it was gonna devolve into Gamer Dilbert, which for me is garbage. And, as far as my limited experience tells me, it did. And I'm just not its audience.

I can only assume the adulation is performative at this stage. Its really poor but every post has some folk breathlessly posting how it changed thier life or how they're hooked of whatever monkey cheese plot twist it's onto now.

Each to their own though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you've actually tried to read any Victorian lit in recent memory it's loving hilarious because like 90% of Abbeycourt Manor is just making the subtext into text.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you've actually tried to read any Victorian lit in recent memory it's loving hilarious because like 90% of Abbeycourt Manor is just making the subtext into text.

I'm going to go out of a limb here and assume you mean Georgian.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This one is funny, coz any of the three characters pictured could be saying it, and it would make sense.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Aramoro posted:

I'm going to go out of a limb here and assume you mean Georgian.

Sure, whichever. High school english lit.

They should do Arthurian myth next, that poo poo's already basically like an ultraviolent Always Sunny episode with more God and wizards.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They should do Arthurian myth next, that poo poo's already basically like an ultraviolent Always Sunny episode with more God and wizards.

And everyone's a huge drama queen!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

I can only assume the adulation is performative at this stage. Its really poor but every post has some folk breathlessly posting how it changed thier life or how they're hooked of whatever monkey cheese plot twist it's onto now.

Each to their own though.

It seems like you don’t really believe ‘each to their own’

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

I'm not saying people shouldn't post it and people can enjoy it however they like. To me it feels performative when you've got folk waxing lyrical about how well its riffs on 'Victorian' lit.

I do understand I'm in the minority here and people will continue to love it as they do.

Aramoro has a new favorite as of 09:41 on Apr 3, 2021

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Aramoro posted:

I'm not saying people shouldn't post it and people can enjoy it however they like. To me it feels performative when you've got folk waxing lyrical about how well its riffs on 'Victorian' lit.

I do understand I'm in the minority here and people will continue to love it as they do.

i don't think interrogating why something whips so hard is performative at all, but whatevs

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Aramoro posted:

I think of it as the Troma Studios of comics.

You'd think something so objectively bad has no business being so good, but here we are.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I just enjoy dumb garbage, I watched the simpsons to like season 25, I watched American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy, South Park, It's Always Sunny, Archer, Firefly, Breaking Bad, The Orville, The Godfather, and that Casablanca movie and all past the point where they were entertaining, hell I still watch the god awful red vs blue series every year, even though they are really really bad. I enjoy Sonic 06 let's plays even though they're all done to death. I think it's ok to like something that's complete garbage, even if you know it's complete garbage.

I like Abbeycourt manor, and power up comics not because it's good, but because they occasionally get a chuckle out of me, and honestly that's all I need to enjoy something, an occasional laugh.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lmfao "they're attached by strong, super-conductive cables!"

I love abbeycourt's writing so much

e: hold on. We've got a dracula, actually technically two draculas, and now Mr. Humbleston is possibly going to turn into a mummy. Are we building up to a Monster Mash punchline

The mummy will be awoken by the lightening, becoming a Mummy-Frankenstein. Yes, I referred to a body made from multiple corpses stitched together as 'a Frankenstein'. I don't care.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i will see that you are arrested

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boba Pearl posted:

I just enjoy dumb garbage, I watched the simpsons to like season 25, I watched American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy, South Park, It's Always Sunny, Archer, Firefly, Breaking Bad, The Orville, The Godfather, and that Casablanca movie and all past the point where they were entertaining, hell I still watch the god awful red vs blue series every year, even though they are really really bad. I enjoy Sonic 06 let's plays even though they're all done to death. I think it's ok to like something that's complete garbage, even if you know it's complete garbage.

I like Abbeycourt manor, and power up comics not because it's good, but because they occasionally get a chuckle out of me, and honestly that's all I need to enjoy something, an occasional laugh.

Abbeycourt Manor is objectively good, as it perfectly executes the premise it sets out to execute in a way that is at least somewhat novel for the genre. Comparing it to season 25 of The Simpsons is almost criminal. Actually, I'm being told it is criminal in at least 34 states. I'm calling the police.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
First I'm cancelled and now this? When will my trials and tribulations end.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Agreed, Abbeycourt rules, no e-cred required

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The things that I like are good. If someone likes something I do not, and which therefore is not good, it can only be coming from a place of insincerity.

This is why the entirety of anime fandom is a decades-long hoax but everyone is afraid to break kayfabe at this point. It's OK, guys, you don't have to keep pretending to like it for my sake. I get it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Samovar posted:

The mummy will be awoken by the lightening, becoming a Mummy-Frankenstein. Yes, I referred to a body made from multiple corpses stitched together as 'a Frankenstein'. I don't care.

If a bubbly hot tub can be a Jacuzzi, a flesh golem can be a Frankenstein.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's only a Frankenstein if it's from the Frankenst region

Otherwise it's sparkling revenant

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Reginald's apron says 'I'm Great.' Just in case you forget.

Our special tonight is the 'Reginald Block of Cheese You Just Gnaw On

Once you pop the terror don't stop

Pow! Right in the feelings

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Paladinus posted:

Abbeycourt Manor ... perfectly executes the premise it sets out to execute in a way that is at least somewhat novel for the genre.
I think that's the key. The bluntness of the dialogue especially.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Fools Infinite posted:

Pow! Right in the feelings

Cribbing this for my next fantasy gaming campaign.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Fools Infinite posted:

Once you pop the terror don't stop

This one is my favorite Nedroid, I think.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That man has a tail.

Not judging.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

rollick posted:

I only just now realized he says he's frying up "corn" and not "popcorn"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"I'll keep drinking that garbage."

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

rollick posted:

Every Nedroid is my favorite Nedroid

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

By popular demand posted:

That man has a tail.

Not judging.

He is actually a gay man employing the Handkerchief Code, modern Heathcliff is pretty inclusive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

"You love to see it"

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Desert Bus posted:

He is actually a gay man employing the Handkerchief Code, modern Heathcliff is pretty inclusive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code

Either a piss freak or loves to be spit on

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Jeez, it's a good thing I didn't mention the comic whose author wants the readers to commit suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Phy posted:

It's only a Frankenstein if it's from the Frankenst region

Otherwise it's sparkling revenant

Sparking revenant in this case, surely?