Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

site posted:

Lol yeah

Actually according to endgame, she got dusted too
Oh I actually forgot about that. Okay fine Steve I <3 u again. For now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

Yes and also yes

Yeah he would be a great evil cap for Thunderbolts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zemo and Walker on the Thunderbolts along with Abomination and let's just say Moonstone and Ghost. That would rule.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It was a good episode.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah he would be a great evil cap for Thunderbolts.

He would be a better asskicking warden in a wheelchair.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I'm not super into the lighter tone they're taking with Zemo or for that matter Bucky. This smirking jokey bad guy and comedically exasperated good guy poo poo is usually my jam but it just doesn't feel right with these characters. Also disappointed that we're already back to "Antifa is just as bad!" but that was pretty inevitable.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Me when Yoda starts singing about seagulls.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I generally dug the episode, between SWORD and Madripoor it’s interesting to see what Disney pulling out of that Fox buyout that isn’t explicitly mutant or F4 related.

Zemo reading Machiavelli was cute but a little too on the nose.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'm not super into the lighter tone they're taking with Zemo or for that matter Bucky. This smirking jokey bad guy and comedically exasperated good guy poo poo is usually my jam but it just doesn't feel right with these characters. Also disappointed that we're already back to "Antifa is just as bad!" but that was pretty inevitable.

We're not though because the other guy with her was pretty freaked out by what she did.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Sanschel posted:

I generally dug the episode, between SWORD and Madripoor it’s interesting to see what Disney pulling out of that Fox buyout that isn’t explicitly mutant or F4 related.

Why is that interesting?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shirkelton posted:

Why is that interesting?

Why isn't it?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Why isn't it?

Disney using IP that they own is interesting?

Are you interested every morning when you wake up and see the character on the bedsheets you bought, Rhyno? It's window dressing, right?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Madripoor can be anything. It's Val Verde. That's the whole point.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shirkelton posted:

Are you interested every morning when you wake up and see the character on the bedsheets you bought, Rhyno? It's window dressing, right?

Go have a snickers

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Shirkelton posted:

I can't even tell whether this is supposed to be a serious or joke post

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

site posted:

I can't even tell whether this is supposed to be a serious or joke post

Why's that?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shirkelton posted:

Nice meltdown.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Shirkelton posted:

Why's that?

Because it sucked op

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Are we getting mad at people being excited about references in comic book tv shows?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Go have a snickers

Is Snickers that important to you as a remedy, or is this just your default defense mechanism?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sanschel posted:

Zemo reading Machiavelli was cute but a little too on the nose.

Maybe they were trying to portray him as pseudo intellectual since its primarily satire?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shirkelton posted:

Is Snickers that important to you as a remedy, or is this just your default defense mechanism?

Knock that poo poo off.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

X-O posted:

Knock that poo poo off.

Go have a snickers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shirkelton posted:

Go have a snickers.

I'm not sure why you're in such a pissy mood this afternoon but go sleep it off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's being weird in a few threads, I'm not sure what's going on.

Anyways, so I guess Wyatt Russel was getting death threats via social media so I guess the SW fans are caught up on the MCU now.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rhyno posted:

Anyways, so I guess Wyatt Russel was getting death threats via social media so I guess the SW fans are caught up on the MCU now.

Parasocial relationships have existed in the MCU fandom for a while, remember the hate that Brie Larson has gotten for just being cast in the role? It's definitely picking up steam and expanding but it's an evolution of a toxicity that has definitely been there.

Not to say this isn't the dumbest poo poo and people aren't trash though.

Honestly when I heard about this, I immediately thought of Anna Gunn and the vitriolic hate she received for the crime of...reading a script and portraying a character who disapproved vehemently of the monster her husband was becoming.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

Karli can become Free Spirit or something.

Really, her deal is 'the idea of nationhood can go gently caress itself' and you didn't think Nomad first?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

He's playing a loving villain, I don't like him in the show either, but I'm pretty sure that means he's doing a good job.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

He's playing a loving villain, I don't like him in the show either, but I'm pretty sure that means he's doing a good job.

Getting death threats is doing a good job huh? Well that's an interesting perspective.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

Really, her deal is 'the idea of nationhood can go gently caress itself' and you didn't think Nomad first?

what if she became nuke tho

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

Getting death threats is doing a good job huh? Well that's an interesting perspective.
I was saying convincingly playing a character that the audience isn't supposed to like is doing a good job, not that it's good he's getting death threats.

I'm trying to imagine Alan Rickman dealing with twitter and it's terrible.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Are they sending him death threats because he's good at playing a jerk or just that hes not their idealized cap

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Are they sending him death threats because he's good at playing a jerk or just that hes not their idealized cap

Does it really matter, there's a bunch of actors who, in my opinion, are terrible and shouldn't be actors. I've never wished death on them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well your previous post certainly implies that he's getting them for one reason and not the other

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

well your previous post certainly implies that he's getting them for one reason and not the other

He's good at playing a bad guy. That's good. People shouldn't threaten death to the people playing bad guys. The other option is tv shows don't have villains.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless there's some dedicated US Agent fanbase out there who really wanted some other actor in the role of "Fake Cap for 4 and a half hours of TV", Russell getting death threats means that there are a bunch of people out there who think that he is just the new Cap now.

Remember that whenever you're about to post "Why did they have to have the characters say out loud what was obvious?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I keep saying that something has broken a huge number of peoples brains and they cannot tell fantasy from reality anymore. They think stuff in movies is real, and they can't seem to seperate actors from the characters they play.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

twistedmentat posted:

I keep saying that something has broken a huge number of peoples brains and they cannot tell fantasy from reality anymore. They think stuff in movies is real, and they can't seem to seperate actors from the characters they play.

Or they were always around but having the information and means to publicize their murderous thoughts or directly contact an actor was much more difficult before social media.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
This type of thing has been going on for a long time. The people who play villains on soap operas have long been targeted with harassment. I remember reading an interview with an actor on Dawson’s creek who said they got threats for things their character did. Social media probably supercharged it since people can just sit around all day hurling abuse and threats directly at actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

He's good at playing a bad guy. That's good. People shouldn't threaten death to the people playing bad guys. The other option is tv shows don't have villains.

Now I'm reminded of a funny story when they were starting up the show/wrestling promotion Lucha Underground. Rather than get a wrestling personality to portray the man in charge, they instead got actor Luis Fernandez-Gil to play a character. So he made his debut at a AAA show in Mexico to hype up Lucha Underground and successfully pissed off the crowd. When he went backstage, he was wide-eyed and said one guy screamed something explicit involving his mother that I won't repeat here.

The people backstage were like, "Wow, you're doing great!"