Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Boy does playing duels against mages with Arcane Flux and Orb of Revelation together really loving suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Going to try this

It has been modified:

### Polkelt Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
#
AAECAaKrBAL21gPBnwQOk7oDm7oDr7oD6boDp8sDy80D184DtNED4t4D+98DyuED++MDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

It has been modified:

### Polkelt Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
#
AAECAaKrBAL21gPBnwQOk7oDm7oDr7oD6boDp8sDy80D184DtNED4t4D+98DyuED++MDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It’s missing the priest prime

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s missing the priest prime

How did I miss that one lol thanks! Swapped a Wave of Apathy for it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is Deck of Lunacy on 2 the new Prince Keleseth? I guess DoL is a bit less consistent.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Keleseth never got nerfed 😬

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

gandlethorpe posted:

rear end in a top hat Tickatus decks

I must say that of all the new decks this one feels great to play and is busted. Not only the amount of AoE, but Tamsim Roame may be my favorite card of the expansion.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Best part of Celestial Alignment is it makes it near impossible to corrupt your cards anymore, so no Tickatus.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just had a warlock Siphon Soul my 1/1 at 19 hp. I like to think I really put the fear of double Krush in them. Unfortunately, 22 was exactly not enough hp against my topdecked Leoroxx and hero power.

5 ranks away from Diamond now :woop:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

gandlethorpe posted:

Just had a warlock Siphon Soul my 1/1 at 19 hp. I like to think I really put the fear of double Krush in them. Unfortunately, 22 was exactly not enough hp against my topdecked Leoroxx and hero power.

5 ranks away from Diamond now :woop:

It makes me happy that you're making Krush work.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Olpainless posted:

It makes me happy that you're making Krush work.

Finally got the dream!

Even won a couple games with a Krush in starting hand. First was a druid that helped me out by making it cost 1, lol. Second was an on curve Leoroxx against a Pen Flinger rogue, giving me enough reach to burst them down with spells.

I'm having so much fun, I'm not even too salty about the loss against a dh who hit me with 8/8 "charge" minions back to back.

Edit: Oh boy, what a way to break into Diamond!

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 3, 2021

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Nerfs I want to see fairly quickly:

Penflinger (no longer targets face)
Deck of Lunacy (loving yeet this card into the dumpster)
Refreshing Spring Water (make it refund 1 mana)
Watch posts (health or cost)
Jaraxxus (less charges on weapon, cost 10)
Octobot (why does this thing have 4 health, give it 3)

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Beasteh posted:

Nerfs I want to see fairly quickly:

Penflinger (no longer targets face)
Deck of Lunacy (loving yeet this card into the dumpster)
Refreshing Spring Water (make it refund 1 mana)
Watch posts (health or cost)
Jaraxxus (less charges on weapon, cost 10)
Octobot (why does this thing have 4 health, give it 3)

I can agree with most of these, I don’t think Jaraxxus is too bad but I’m also playing warlock and haven’t had him played against me at all. I’d like to see the watch posts lose health instead of increase cost, because if the cost goes up I don’t think they’ll see play at all anymore.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I kinda understand the hate for Deck of Lunacy, because when it pops off in the right way, it can be decastating (I'm keeping the typo here), but on the other hand, it can also backfire horribly with useless minion based spells.

At least it requires some highly dynamic decision making, and that is fun, as opposed to ramp and play big things hurr or me go face every turn durr.

Also, every deck is horrible to play against if it can execute its game plan.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Facing a spell mage who pops off with deck of Lunacy into double encanters flow into double refreshing spring water is intensely unfun poo poo from an rear end and has precisely zero counterplay

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Beasteh posted:

Facing a spell mage who pops off with deck of Lunacy into double encanters flow into double refreshing spring water is intensely unfun poo poo from an rear end and has precisely zero counterplay

Yeah, happens every single game.
It's a statistical anomaly, that one.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

It happens often enough to be genuinely oppressive, yes

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Beasteh posted:

I just lost to a c'thun secret rogue which looked spicy as hell, need to find that list

I think it is one of the pre-made lists you get suggested when creating a new deck in the game?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally got the dream!

Even won a couple games with a Krush in starting hand. First was a druid that helped me out by making it cost 1, lol. Second was an on curve Leoroxx against a Pen Flinger rogue, giving me enough reach to burst them down with spells.

I'm having so much fun, I'm not even too salty about the loss against a dh who hit me with 8/8 "charge" minions back to back.

Edit: Oh boy, what a way to break into Diamond!

Just tried your list, deck seems super fun if it works, but in 6 games so far this morning I haven't drawn a single Selective Breeder or Warsong Wrangler so I just sort of control the board for a while then die without doing anything at all.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
This card pool feels too strong for Lunacy but it would be fine in wild

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RatHat posted:

Is Deck of Lunacy on 2 the new Prince Keleseth? I guess DoL is a bit less consistent.

No, because there are TWO Keleseths in this format, it's absurd.

Sword of the Fallen is showing a similar thing for Paladin, with or without Pen Flingers. Same as Keleseth/Lunacy, coining it out on Turn 1 is a more winning line than playing your 1-drop.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

L0cke17 posted:

Just tried your list, deck seems super fun if it works, but in 6 games so far this morning I haven't drawn a single Selective Breeder or Warsong Wrangler so I just sort of control the board for a while then die without doing anything at all.

Sometimes you do just have to realize when you aren't going to get a big Krush burst and hope you can salvage a win with spell damage.

Resource management is a big deal with this deck in general, but especially for that reason. There's a lot you can do in a turn but not necessarily should. Sometimes hero power pass is the way to go. You really want to squeeze as much value out of cards as you can. You rarely want to use cheap spells without comboing with Pen Flinger, Slate, or Thalnos. And if you do, you better hope for Kodobane to refill your hand. When controlling the board, prioritize spells that can't go face. This includes Deadly Shot, which is sometimes worth using on a small minion if it means saving a Quick Shot for face.

While the deck is light on minions, there's also value you can squeeze out of them via Trueaim Crescent. Also, damaging face with Trueaim can make or break your burst down the line, so no need to be stingy with charges.

I'd say the biggest weakness of the deck is lack of proactive plays. There's only a few perfect on-curve cards: the weapons, Watch Posts, Breeder, Kodo, Scorpid, Wrangler, and Kodobane. Everything else is very reactive. So if your opening hand is all reactive, you better hope your opponent plays stuff you can kill efficiently or hope the game is slow enough that you'll eventually use it for burn.

Edit: how to win against secret paladin despite a terrible start

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 3, 2021

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

SlipkPIe posted:

This card pool feels too strong for Lunacy but it would be fine in wild
That's really the problem: It's not that random because of how small the card pool is and there are not many bad hits, like there are two ten cost spells and only one nine cost spell.
https://twitter.com/IksarHS/status/1378179214487130112

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

RatHat posted:

Well this deck feels pretty busted.

### Alignment
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 1x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (4) Thickhide Kodo
# 2x (5) Teacher's Pet
# 2x (5) Twilight Runner
# 1x (6) Forest Warden Omu
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 2x (7) Celestial Alignment
# 2x (7) Druid of the Plains
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 2x (8) Guardian Animals
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
# 2x (10) Survival of the Fittest
#
AAECAdfXAwSj0QOJ4AO17AO1igQN6LoDks0Dm84DutADk9ED3tED8NQDiuADpOEDvuwDwOwDiZ8E2p8EAA==
#

Couple of tips:

- Don’t just slam Celestial Alignment on 7, sometimes it benefits your opponent more than you. You really want a few cards in your hand first, in rough order of importance: :siren:Nourish:siren:, Guardian animals, Malygos, ramp, Omu, ect.
- By the way while Nourish is ridiculous after Celestial Alignment don’t be afraid to use it for draw if you need to.
- Alignment is a one-time effect and not a constant aura so any cards discovered/generated after it won’t have their costs reduced. So try to use Nature studies before it. Also the coin is near worthless after using it.
- Solar eclipse+Cenarion ward shuts down any kind of aggro.
- Druid of the Plains loses the Survival of the fittest buff after transforming so try to play around that if you can.

How does this fare against aggro DoL mage and aggro decks like rogue and paladin? Also how essential is Omu? Because that deck looks like fun but I'm not sure I want to craft a niche legendary for it.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Deck of Lunacy: “what if every games was a Tavern Brawl?”

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm really, really tired of getting 10-15 of my cards burned against every fuckin' warlock I play

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

AnacondaHL posted:

No, because there are TWO Keleseths in this format, it's absurd.

Sword of the Fallen is showing a similar thing for Paladin, with or without Pen Flingers. Same as Keleseth/Lunacy, coining it out on Turn 1 is a more winning line than playing your 1-drop.

I'd been doing well with Secret Paladin, so I'm not surprised sword of the fallen is that good, but sad that I'm using an OP card. DoL seems swingy but backfires a lot. Increasing its cost or preventing discounts to spells it makes would be pretty reasonable though.

Tickatus, a card I used to like, is my biggest bone to pick with the new meta. His effect isn't too bad as a one-time per player per game effect, but having it used two or three times isn't fun.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

If a warlock can play Tickatus twice and not die, they were probably going to win regardless

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

If a warlock can play Tickatus twice and not die, they were probably going to win regardless

They have near infinite healing, it's tough to kill them before they get multiples off

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The second Tickatus is free and comes with a 10/10 and a pair of 6/6 taunts and 4-6 free kills on your minions.

I'm saying Y'shaarj is the real problem.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

sirtommygunn posted:

The second Tickatus is free and comes with a 10/10 and a pair of 6/6 taunts and 4-6 free kills on your minions.

I'm saying Y'shaarj is the real problem.

This I agree with.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
no other class even plays y'shaarj as far as i'm aware so the warlock corrupt cards are probably the issue

edit: I know realistically it's the combination of Tickatus and Cascading Disaster being better than other Corrupt cards, and Y'shaarj giving you a second copy for free

peer fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 3, 2021

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
my homebrew taunt warrior plays yshaarj lol

the extra draw with outriders axe and taunt buff/copying can get you some nice clown boards

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oenis posted:

How does this fare against aggro DoL mage and aggro decks like rogue and paladin? Also how essential is Omu? Because that deck looks like fun but I'm not sure I want to craft a niche legendary for it.

Omu isn't essential at all so feel free to switch it out, maybe for another Kodo.

I've been having less success with it now though. When I was crushing I was facing 90% slow pure spell Mage decks, but it does much worse against aggro(though it's far from an instant loss).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What's the go-to Control Warklock decklist looking like right now?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Priest can also play ysharaj.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Tickatus Cascading Strongmen Y'shaarj with the soul shard package, double twisting nether, hysteria, new legendary lady that copies your shadow spells, and enough space for tech cards like ooze

With all the spell mages running around I am running double ogre double acolyte to try and slow them down a little

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

A dark portal spell deck with tickatus as the only minion. Rip 15 cards by turn 5. :D

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I'd like to vouch for rogue quest + that bullshit battlecry passive being op in duels, I just went 12-1 for the first time with like zero effort. helps when the hero power gives me the same minion 3x in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I based this off the 5 top rated on HSReplay, it should be pretty close to normal:

### Control Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 2x (3) Luckysoul Hoarder
# 2x (3) School Spirits
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 2x (4) Cascading Disaster
# 2x (5) Siphon Soul
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia
# 2x (7) Strongman
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Lord Jaraxxus
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, the Defiler
#
AAECAa35AwbP0gP83gPO4QPy7QOoigSFoAQMrMsDzNIDzdIDxt4D5uED9eMD+OMDkuQD9+gDgqAEg6AE56AEAA==
#