Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ketchup vs catsup posted:

this game sounds very short if so many of you have finished it less than two days after release with all these connectivity issues.

They did only the main missions and ignored all the side mission, hunts, and bounties I’m guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

this game sounds very short if so many of you have finished it less than two days after release with all these connectivity issues.

Each of the campaign hubs has several side missions, hunts and bounties. Some of the side stories are a series of missions, like the one about the Outrider base. You can rush through the main campaign in 15-20 hours, but if you do everything it's a good deal longer. Also once you finish the campaign the game is not over, the last mission is unlocked by doing expeditions and that's gonna take a while.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Reached level 25 and world tier 11 as the Trickster. I'm finally starting to die every now and then in boss fights. Big boss monsters are starting to OHK me in certain circumstances.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Jimbot posted:

It's a heck of a good ability for sure, but yeah I don't like how it puts you out of cover. Same with Heatwave.

I virtually never use cover, unless I have to hide behind a character-width box to emergency regen or something. All modded up a bomb is a full heal, and on a delay, so if I'm rushing in I can just bomb along the way to cancel out the damage from the incoming assault rifle guys then grasp and activate fire bullets to cover the cooldown time. Snipers you have to take out at range, but that's when you stand behind a wall and throw bombs at red triangles. Technically not being in cover means I don't have to deal with grenades and also get to roll/run from elite ability spam that clips through walls.

victrix posted:

Disable startup movie by renaming or deleting

Steam\steamapps\common\OUTRIDERS\Madness\Content\Movies\splash_screens.umovie

You're the best kind of people. Given how every time I start I have to start, yell profanity because I forgot to unplug my controller, unplug, start again, rebind keys, then unfuck the HUD... I've seen that goddamn bird-thing stutter itself to completion like it's streaming on a 14.4k connection more times than I've seen a functional server connection.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I did all the quests in the game. I think it was a reasonable 30 hour+ for me, which is something most games cant do. Prob just gonna play the other classes and mess around in the campagin instead of playing the multiplayer right away.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 3, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jabro posted:

They did only the main missions and ignored all the side mission, hunts, and bounties I’m guessing.

It's still a very short game, there are only like 50 or so side objectives. Pretty much once you get to expedition tier 15 and have all level 50 gear, you've completed the end game.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

It's still a very short game, there are only like 50 or so side objectives. Pretty much once you get to expedition tier 15 and have all level 50 gear, you've completed the end game.

How long did that take for you reach? Wondering since I've not seen anyone at that point yet so I don't know how short/long you're talking.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

fsvo "very short"

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone playing multiplayer as Pyromancer? If so, how do you not get killed within seconds of leaving cover? Enemies at Level 15 on Tier VII are marksmen supreme and I can't run and gun at all.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
always online more like always offline when I want to play

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1378458697064722433

New thread title here

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I know it will calm down but I am really getting sick of having to blast through hordes of enemies again after the game disconnects me right at the point where it's me vs end quest guy

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I managed to make my Pyro an unstoppable killing machine by focusing entirely on making sure my Volcanic Rounds never run out. Get the trait that means you get 2 mags of volcanic rounds, and the Feed the Flames trait that restores 30% of your clip when you hit something with it, and you have Volcanic Rounds permanently. Then make sure you get gear with +Firepower, use an LMG and change it to the 150 round variant, and your final skill can be whatever, maybe something you can make enemies weak with. You just mow poo poo down and are constantly healing from burning enemies with volcanic rounds, and big mobs just melt. I went from struggling and constantly having to hide behind cover, to just walking around and blasting poo poo without caring.

E: and it's gone down again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Haha I was on for a while with no interruptions earlier after the last reset, I see it's back down now :v:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Alchenar posted:

New thread title here

Outriders: Offriders

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
PCF: Servers are up!

Everyone: Umm No

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jimbot posted:

Anyone playing multiplayer as Pyromancer? If so, how do you not get killed within seconds of leaving cover? Enemies at Level 15 on Tier VII are marksmen supreme and I can't run and gun at all.

Use overheat to mark and show all bad guys hp bars. Run away if you see lasers pointing at you, they bad. If you get hit use move to lifesteal your hp back and freeze them. Use other moves to make bad guys on fire, bad guys on fire do a dance.

Later on you can do explosions with the bomb or you can shoot the laser to burn everyone then press overheat to make them blow up, or summon volcanos. You most likely always want feed the flames because it can heal you, unless you brave and can go without it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

And they skipped a vast majority of those 50 or side objectives to blow though the story in less than 12 hours of the game releasing.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is getting to be a joke. Day 1 server issues are the norm sadly. Day 3 server issues where you just can't play are inexcusable.

Also, how the gently caress do you ship a game where the HUD does not work?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Jimbot posted:

I think you have Volcanic Bullets at that point, so use that. You will shred enemies while it's up and each kill will basically fully heal you.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Raged posted:

Also, how the gently caress do you ship a game where the HUD does not work?

I haven't run into this yet but heard about it a lot, how do you get it to come back?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol I waited a few days and followed the messages about the server issues to try to jump in when it finally got stable

A fools errand, as I got booted directly after the prologue and couldn't reconnect

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jabro posted:

And they skipped a vast majority of those 50 or side objectives to blow though the story in less than 12 hours of the game releasing.

Yeah but they also didn’t miss anything either. Only the story has any meaningful content and just barely.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

explosivo posted:

I haven't run into this yet but heard about it a lot, how do you get it to come back?

For me I just have to exit to lobby and restart. It happens every single time I start the game fresh but only once. It does make me really annoyed that when single player I still have the stupid 10 second countdown to game start to sit through.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Got a pretty good run in on that reboot. The extended downtimes really help with people giving up, and if you're lucky you'll get a couple of hours until they have to downtime again.

I said come in! posted:

That's the real question - how long until you've cleared the final expedition on max difficulty? If that's 30 hours then drat.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

One really annoying thing about the server outages, beyond the obvious that they happen at all, is that they provided no "escape" from the connection cycle. The only way to give up and get out of the game is to kill the task with Task Manager.. wtf...

Also I had just killed a captain that took me several tried, but I had not yet clicked on the blue 'thing' to complete the area/open the next area when I got disconnected. I bet I have to do that rear end in a top hat again and didn't get to keep any of the loot.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Locator posted:

Also I had just killed a captain that took me several tried, but I had not yet clicked on the blue 'thing' to complete the area/open the next area when I got disconnected. I bet I have to do that rear end in a top hat again and didn't get to keep any of the loot.

:same:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't even know why they have an authentication process anyway. Absolutely nothing in this game is a GaaS. Not single goddamn thing. You aren't spending real money to get currency or loot or any of that crap. No competitive multiplayer or social hub (beyond just the town for you and your two other friends). So by saddling the game with this trash they now have people talking about how lovely their servers are instead of how awesome exploding bad guys with powers is.

Congrats PCF.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wonder if gamepass is too popular for it to handle

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

ZeeBoi posted:

Almost certainly, and it's also been at the top of the Steam bestseller lists recently too. Seeing as it's (meant to be) full crossplay, I assume every platform has to go through the same central servers, which means probably millions of concurrent users.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mailer posted:

Got a pretty good run in on that reboot. The extended downtimes really help with people giving up, and if you're lucky you'll get a couple of hours until they have to downtime again.

That's the real question - how long until you've cleared the final expedition on max difficulty? If that's 30 hours then drat.

Well.... my steam account says 19 hours and some of that is sitting at the login screen because the servers crashed a lot. A dedicated team can blow through this game. There is one expedition that is insanely hard that I can’t complete.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Jimbot posted:

So by saddling the game with this trash they now have people talking about how lovely their servers are instead of how awesome exploding bad guys with powers is.

You get to know that the gun I just got, in my own game, which will never affect you in any way, wasn't cheated in. This is very valuable.

There's also crossplay, but since that was instantly disabled with no ETA I'm not even considering it a feature.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mailer posted:

I see the end game as similar to Diablo 3 where you are chasing better and better gear which means you are going to be doing the same content a lot which is fine by me. Now just put greater rifts in the game.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

I for one am shocked people even own xboxes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Steam alone keeps reaching 100,000 players.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Steam alone keeps reaching 100,000 players.

Gamepass has over 15 million subscribers. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Gamepass has over 15 million subscribers. :v:

Yeah people will poo on Xbox but it’s player numbers are gigantic and steam doesn’t even compete.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Storyline ending spoilers/discussion:

So at the end, they kill the shaman dude but if the Pax were keeping the anomaly in check then that hasn't done poo poo about the anomaly, right? So it's still going to continue to rampage out of control. So they get some pods and get some temporary reprieve but the world is still desert so they can't grow crops, etc, they still have the fungus killing people unless they sacrifice people on the regular - they're still absolutely hosed. Did I miss something?

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Does this tick the same boxes as Borderlands 2&3 when it comes to loot and gun feeling? I'm so wary of buying this, but I have a broken brain and want something new, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

totalnewbie posted:

Storyline ending spoilers/discussion:

So at the end, they kill the shaman dude but if the Pax were keeping the anomaly in check then that hasn't done poo poo about the anomaly, right? So it's still going to continue to rampage out of control. So they get some pods and get some temporary reprieve but the world is still desert so they can't grow crops, etc, they still have the fungus killing people unless they sacrifice people on the regular - they're still absolutely hosed. Did I miss something?

Look the entire story is basically uber eats in space.