Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I think what happened is someone mentioned GB 2016 while others were separately taking about Godzilla and you mixed them up.

Yeah youre right my bad.

GZ16 sucks. GZ vs. Hedorah kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
I just watched Jiu Jitsu on Netflix and I don't think the person who made the movie knows what Jiu Jitsu is
e: whoops, this is the Horror thread and not the Action thread, but it's appropriate still since the movie is trying to be Predator for the 21st century and doesn't work

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

GB16 is just a drat shame because everyone in the cast is great solo, but drat the movie capitalized on no ones strengths and was overstuffed to the gills. my partner fell asleep HARD in the middle of the movie in the theater like an hour in. she woke up at the end of the finale and she was the one who was excited for it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I just rewatched Robot Jox the other day and drat is that a good b movie. They should remake Robot Jox.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

CRAYON posted:

Are you talking about Godzilla vs Hedorah? IIRC Godzilla is on screen more in that movie than most, if not all, of the other Showa era Godzilla films.

Movie kicks rear end btw, easily one of my favorite Godzilla films.

Oh I just realized I’ve seen this movie but I knew it as Godzilla vs The Smog Monster. I think I rented it like 4 times when I was a kid, I loving loved it. I remember liking how Hedorah looks like burned pudding after Godzilla torches him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kvlt! posted:

Yeah youre right my bad.

GZ16 sucks. GZ vs. Hedorah kicks rear end

There is no Godzilla 16.

I’m being pedantic because Godzilla 14 is one of my favorite movies lol

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Fridays are weekly movie night for my friends and I, and for the last month my buddy who curates it has said it's gonna be Arthouse April, so we went in expecting, broadly, a certain tone since he keeps the weekly pick a surprise until the movie starts rolling.

Tonight, though, before he gets things going he hits us with a belated April Fools and informs everyone that it isn't going to be Arthouse April, but Ape-ril instead, and is completely serious about it.

We ended up watching Phenomena, which was my first viewing of it, and I don't think I could have asked for a more absurd way to finally see that movie. I didn't like it as much as Suspiria or Inferno, but I still dug it a lot and found it surprisingly fun.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

CelticPredator posted:

There is no Godzilla 16.

I’m being pedantic because Godzilla 14 is one of my favorite movies lol

Shin Godzilla came out in 2016 :haw:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

david_a posted:

And it’s excellent

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Godzilla vs Hedorah is one of the best Godzilla movies, what’s going on here

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Cross posting from the bootleg poo poo thread

AKZ posted:

Wife loves Nightmare on Elm Street series and bought a Nancy sticker.

"screro sleep"

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Everyone knows that Godzilla (1977) is the best one

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

david_a posted:

Ooooh yeeeaaaaah. I guess I didn’t see it at all that year because it played in in theaters every day I worked lmao.

Shin is good though.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Shin is the best Godzilla movie.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Spatulater bro! posted:

Final Wars is the best Godzilla movie.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Anyone watching the AGFA fundraising stream today? Hoping for some real bizarre poo poo

https://twitter.com/filmarchive/status/1378003853350727681?s=20

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Godzilla vs. Biolante is my fav

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I think we can agree that Godzilla rocks.

I am pretty excited to see Godzilla vs Kong today in theaters. Second movie in a whole year I'll see in theaters (saw Nobody last weekend, cool flick).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

dorium posted:

I am pretty excited to see Godzilla vs Kong today in theaters. Second movie in a whole year I'll see in theaters (saw Nobody last weekend, cool flick).

I recommend against that decision.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
GvK is not worth dying for.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

im all vaxxed up. not that that's going to be 100% bulletproof, but I feel pretty confident I'll be alright. i wiped my own seat down last week and the way the theaters here work is the two seats next to the one you purchase (on both sides) are x'd out from anyone else buying it. its in the dolby theater as well so plenty of space.

dorium fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 3, 2021

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i cant wait to go back to the movie theater again i miss it so much

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

not gunna lie. i welled up a bit when the lights went down and the movie started. I legit went at least 1-2 times every weekend for the last couple years. it was hard not going for an entire year.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

my local theater lets you rent theaters out now but i dont have enough friends to rent it out so i can play devils rejects on the big screen

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Kvlt! posted:

my local theater lets you rent theaters out now but i dont have enough friends to rent it out so i can play devils rejects on the big screen

Hmm that is cool you can pick what you want to play. Most of the theaters around me only offer that for what they have on hand, but if I could I would probably have a showing of Dawn of the Dead ‘78 on my birthday weekend. Probably not this year though. I don’t think we’ll be out of this by May.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

dorium posted:

It’s probably going to be the most fun movie released all year. It’s great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

dorium posted:

im all vaxxed up. not that that's going to be 100% bulletproof, but I feel pretty confident I'll be alright. i wiped my own seat down last week and the way the theaters here work is the two seats next to the one you purchase (on both sides) are x'd out from anyone else buying it. its in the dolby theater as well so plenty of space.

Oh I meant cuz the movie's bad.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

My last theatre movie was Tenet. I'm vacced too, but I still ain't going to a movie unless it's guaranteed to be great. And I go 2am on a Monday.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I thought the movie was pretty cool 🤷🏽‍♂️ The humans were as dumb as I needed them to be and the plot moved along as well. Monke smosh lizurd

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
When the monsters were on the screen it was cool and good and when the humans were on screen it was silly and maybe not so good.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

When the monsters were on the screen it was cool and good and when the humans were on screen it was silly and maybe not so good.

every kaiju movie ever tbh

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I liked the little girl connected to Kong bits. I thought that was neat.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

dorium posted:

I liked the little girl connected to Kong bits. I thought that was neat.

uh what

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

This little girl from the tribe that worshipped Kong is deaf and teaches Kong how to do sign language. It’s neat.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

isn't that Congo

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

alf_pogs posted:

isn't that Congo

I really try to forget Congo as much as possible. What a complete letdown that movie was.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
watching gvk and trying to decide which scenes were filmed with a giant ape and which were filmed with a man in a giant ape costume

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

dorium posted:

I really try to forget Congo as much as possible. What a complete letdown that movie was.

Your sesame seed cake privileges are revoked

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Congo loving rules what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

dorium posted:

A letdown after...reading the mediocre novel?