Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

finally got a chance to watch the cub game. man it's weird watching jake go from the firebreathing death pitcher to looking exactly the same but being basically Eddie Harris from Major League. Also Javy finally got on base and stole two bags, KB hit a dingshot, Kimbrel struck out the side in a non-save situation, baseball is BACK.

also my most important observation since this is the first cubs game I saw on TV this season is that Boog is pretty awkward in there right now-- he'll get better but I really miss len kasper, and most important I am not into Javy's disgusting, bushy chin beard thing.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The Texas Rangers are on pace to allow over 2000 runs this season

It's great and I hope people just don't give a poo poo about the new stadium. lord knows I don't, and I'm fully vaccinated.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol i forgot about the toolbox stadium the rangers have

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

It's great and I hope people just don't give a poo poo about the new stadium. lord knows I don't, and I'm fully vaccinated.

DFW is like, 70 percent transplants so you'll get people going to see their favorite teams. I'm sure they'll do good numbers in April because of the novelty of being able to go to things again but that's not going to last if they're this bad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What the heck is going on in that reds/cards series?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

twins pulled berrios during a no-no?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Mustached Demon posted:

What the heck is going on in that reds/cards series?

both teams have terrible pitching

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

twins pulled berrios during a no-no?

It was a pitch limit thing, didn't want to push it first game of a 162 game season.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I get it. He was at 84 pitches through 6, so he'd be at 110-120 even if he managed a no hitter and that's a fair amount these days. But at the same time, it sucks so much. Leave him in until he gives up a hit! That'll probably be before 100 pitches anyways!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think we used to have a travel thread but has anyone done a Chicago to Milwaukee day trip for baseball by Amtrak? How easy is it to get to the stadium? I’m finally getting the vaccine and really want to hit up some stadiums in July or August once the covid stuff has (hopefully) calmed down.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think we used to have a travel thread but has anyone done a Chicago to Milwaukee day trip for baseball by Amtrak? How easy is it to get to the stadium? I’m finally getting the vaccine and really want to hit up some stadiums in July or August once the covid stuff has (hopefully) calmed down.

I've taken Amtrak THROUGH Milwaukee a few times, it's a pretty uneventful and short trip. It looks like you can grab transit from Milwaukee's intermodal station pretty easy, but there's a fair amount of walking at the ballpark end. I mean, if you're used to CTA to see a Sox game, I can't see it being a huge deal as long as your scheduling lines up. And if course there's Uber if you want to add to that mess.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one thing I'm always wary of is just to make sure there is a train running late enough to get back home if you're seeing a night game.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can't speak to the amtrak side of things, but all you'll have to do is walk north a couple blocks and catch the mcts' brewers line bus on Wisconsin and 6th, which is pretty fast getting to the stadium, but the ride back can take 2-3 times as long due to traffic and construction. It comes every 30 minutes and is $2 through the app. Currently mcts buses only allow 15 riders, but hopefully that'll be cleared up by the time you're planning on going.

Assuming things are back to normal I'd suggest downloading the mcts app and buying a fare to get to the park and then ridesharing back to the station. I've never done that, but if the stadium is back to full capacity having the ability to avoid the busiest route out of the stadium will pay dividends.

WEH fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 4, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So the only teams that are going to explicitly support voting rights are the Marlins and Orioles?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my thoughts on jake marisnick are that the cubs should be allowed to bang cans

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byron Buxton is on a 162 home run pace

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I cannot express in words how much bullshit it is that the Mets still haven't played a game

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Does it count as lolMets to finally assemble a promising roster under new management and just be unable to actually play baseball

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Does it count as lolMets to finally assemble a promising roster under new management and just be unable to actually play baseball

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Mets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Gleyber Torres isn't trending in the right direction coming off of last year and with the Yankees re signing DJLM.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Gleyber Torres isn't trending in the right direction coming off of last year and with the Yankees re signing DJLM.

He really should not play SS

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He really should not play SS

He's a second baseman and the Yankees have a better second baseman. He's a prime trade candidate. The Yankees should've blown up this roster last year but hopefully they do it next year.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 4, 2021

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He's a second baseman and the Yankees have a better second baseman. He's a prime trade candidate.

I don't disagree at all but at the same time he should not play SS.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I’m too old to get disappointed by baseball payers yet here we are.

https://twitter.com/anthonydicomo/status/1378775065643335684?s=21

https://twitter.com/justinctoscano/status/1378774147854176261?s=21

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Just start with the assumption that all your favorite players are chuds until they prove you wrong and you'll never be disappointed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Slimy Hog posted:

Just start with the assumption that all your favorite players are chuds until they prove you wrong and you'll never be disappointed

It's basically Sean Doolittle and everyone else.......

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Slimy Hog posted:

Correct

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

mcmagic posted:

It's basically Sean Doolittle and everyone else.......

https://apnews.com/article/mlb-baseball-rob-manfred-coronavirus-pandemic-colorado-rockies-96ab232b4ac83d0f8a9ed700d59855da

quote:

Earlier this week, MLB joined the country’s other sports leagues to support a new campaign — “It’s Up To You” — that includes spots by Angels star Mike Trout and Mets slugger Pete Alonso to encourage fans to get information on coronavirus vaccinations.

Trout is A Good Guy

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

It's sorta funny that "It's Up To You" could easily be read as a another way of saying "It's your own personal choice."

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sports-themed vaccine ads would have been much better than what we got.

"I'm Mike Trout, and I hit 90% of fastballs in the strike zone. The vaccines reduce your risk of getting sick with the coronavirus by 95%".

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Pete Alonso has also been Good on everything I've seen though that always makes me dread otherwise

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

It's actually not a personal choice, and people that don't want it can get dropped off on some barren island.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

saintonan posted:

It's actually not a personal choice, and people that don't want it can get dropped off on some barren island.
This

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

elentar posted:

Pete Alonso has also been Good on everything I've seen though that always makes me dread otherwise

yeah, he was calling out All Lives Matter bullshit on Twitter last summer

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

saintonan posted:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

saintonan posted:

It's actually not a personal choice, and people that don't want it can go gently caress themselves

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I only caught the last inning of the Braves Phillies game, but that strike zone was awful.

saintonan posted:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Seems a tease to have a day off when baseball just came back thanks a lot Mariners :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
https://twitter.com/jonnyheller/status/1378798786193973248?s=21