Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trios 19 15.32%
Christian vs Kaz 4 3.23%
Arcade Anarchy 96 77.42%
Tay and Shida vs Nyla and The Bunny 5 4.03%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Come to think of it it's been a while since we had a proper hoss-off in AEW so I'd be more than OK with the beefiest boys throwing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

BEEF

BEEF

BEEF

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That would be an outstanding match. Brian Cage is so good in the ring. Miro v Cage would be awesome, I assume.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Last great hoss off I remember was Wardlow vs. Hager, which was a really good match that I think wasn't rated high enough by most. Brodie and Dustin, also was incredible and maybe my favorite Dynamite Match ever from a pure working stand point.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Wardlow/Hager was good but Wardlow had to carry the match. BCage/Miro will be loving incredible because they can both go and neither of them are merely slabs of beef in-ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hahahahaha I just remembered that Cody beat Penta in their big singles match and all the Cody-lovers here kept going on about how it wasn’t the end of that feud

Lmfao

Cody stinks

Like I said Penta should be honored that he got to take part in the QT angle since QT is basically better than Penta in every way. Doesn't take days off, puts in the work.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

QT is basically better than Penta in every way

I don't think anyone is arguing against that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I don't think anyone is arguing against that

I am, right here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I agree

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Penta is much better at being lazy than QT Marshall!!!

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How has Hebner not retired yet? He was old during Montreal!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Erainor posted:

How has Hebner not retired yet? He was old during Montreal!

Tully wrestled a match a few weeks ago.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I also don't think Hebner has reffed a match for AEW since his first one

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mr. Squishy posted:

Tully wrestled a match a few weeks ago.

Eh, he threw Marco around a bit and was mostly there.
Also, I didn't realize Tully was 67! He's in pretty good shape for 67!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"Sick" Nick Patrick is #AllElite

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Erainor posted:

Eh, he threw Marco around a bit and was mostly there.
Also, I didn't realize Tully was 67! He's in pretty good shape for 67!

https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1376238883520667654?s=20

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody rules

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

JOHN CENA posted:

cody rules

thats only because he books himself that way

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hahahahaha I just remembered that Cody beat Penta in their big singles match and all the Cody-lovers here kept going on about how it wasn’t the end of that feud

Lmfao

Cody stinks

I hope Penta told Alex Abrahantes to say "Penta says 'Thank you for elevating me into a feud with the world champion and showing me the value of doing the work, Cody, I owe everything to you.'"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Britt's "It would be three Codys and a Pharaoh" comment is still funny days later

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It would take an act of God to bury Penta right now but that doesn't mean Cody stealing a win he didn't need doesn't smell like poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

personally i think it's extremely funny and fitting that Penta got rolled up while he was taunt spamming after he kicked out of every finisher Cody Rhodes has ever used throughout his career

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Penta since day one has been a guy who's weakness is he gets too cocky, and Cody's whole thing has been being able to see opportunities when his opponent isn't 100% in the game. The ending of that match was fine and anyone saying it was a stolen win or burying Penta is a lunatic with terminal WWE brain.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i agree with the two posts above mine

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Penta was trying to get his finisher while he had low health.

He should have tossed cody out of the ring first.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This isn't even the first time in AEW that Penta has gotten flash-pinned because he's loving around and spam taunting.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
cody stinks and is the secret top heel of aew

seriously just turn him heel already i know he's the face of everything and he wants to be super cody who returns from an injury to valiantly lose but like

the dude is incapable of talking without sounding like a total dickhead 95% of the time.

you were born on third base your dad is one of the most famous professional wrestlers *ever* and your brother is still significantly more of a household name. cody's "face" character fuckin falls flat every single time to me bc its this diametrically opposed "do the work you don't have excuses"/"my family is VERY FAMOUS and VERY IMPORTANT and LINEAGE" poo poo that doesnt jive at all unless you're way into atlas shrugged or whatever.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i like when wrestlers have personality traits that manifest as strengths and weaknesses. cody's a hothead who makes mistakes when he gets pissed off. meanwhile, if penta goes more than five minutes without doing his taunt he will explode like the bus from speed

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

I like AEW but I also like AEWBotches on twitter, they get lots of heat but come on why can't we enjoy both

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The rollup would have been fine if it didn't use the arm that had just been hit with the armbreaker, that's all. It's not even him no-selling a previously devastating finisher it was him no-selling the injury that had been a big part of the story of the match and the build up to the match. Penta getting hoisted by his own petard while he was busy been cool and stylish is fine, but it happened with bad storytelling, which sucked because the rest of the match was really good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The armsnap has never been devastating in AEW or even a finisher.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shiksa posted:

seriously just turn him heel already i know he's the face of everything and he wants to be super cody who returns from an injury to valiantly lose but like

the dude is incapable of talking without sounding like a total dickhead 95% of the time.

you were born on third base your dad is one of the most famous professional wrestlers *ever* and your brother is still significantly more of a household name. cody's "face" character fuckin falls flat every single time to me bc its this diametrically opposed "do the work you don't have excuses"/"my family is VERY FAMOUS and VERY IMPORTANT and LINEAGE" poo poo that doesnt jive at all unless you're way into atlas shrugged or whatever.

:yeah:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

rantmo posted:

The rollup would have been fine if it didn't use the arm that had just been hit with the armbreaker, that's all. It's not even him no-selling a previously devastating finisher it was him no-selling the injury that had been a big part of the story of the match and the build up to the match. Penta getting hoisted by his own petard while he was busy been cool and stylish is fine, but it happened with bad storytelling, which sucked because the rest of the match was really good.

I don't think that a guy with a busted arm managing to fight through the pain for a few seconds really counts as no-selling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It did lead to that fun run where he kept squashing indie dudes while making snide comments about how they weren't in his league, then he tried it on Brodie and was godstomped for it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

Actually, he owns.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

You have a lot of pent up rage about Cody Rhodes a guy who left WWE and legitimately put in all of the hard work to make himself a star. I have no idea why you are so mad at Cody you have to convince yourself of a lot of untrue stuff, but I feel bad for you. You are missing out on a great wrestler.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MJeff posted:

Actually, he owns.

he's fine. if he had the INTESTINAL FORTITUDE to stick with black hair evil anime cody for more than a week i might be inclined to change my position but like a penta singles push it was but another cruel tease.

MassRafTer posted:

You have a lot of pent up rage about Cody Rhodes a guy who left WWE and legitimately put in all of the hard work to make himself a star. I have no idea why you are so mad at Cody you have to convince yourself of a lot of untrue stuff, but I feel bad for you. You are missing out on a great wrestler.

i assure you i am not missing out, friend. i see him on tv every single week, often multiple times.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW being good at working people makes this thread tough

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

he's fine. if he had the INTESTINAL FORTITUDE to stick with black hair evil anime cody for more than a week i might be inclined to change my position but like a penta singles push it was but another cruel tease.

i assure you i am not missing out, friend. i see him on tv every single week, often multiple times.

Then why do you have to lie to yourself? It's fine to not like someone. Building up a false narrative in your mind about the work someone had to do is just silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

It would take an act of God to bury Penta right now but that doesn't mean Cody stealing a win he didn't need doesn't smell like poo poo.

We have no problem calling WWE out when they pull the "look they'll be over no matter what so it's fine for them to eat dumb losses" card and it shouldn't be any harder to call it out when AEW does it.