Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ror posted:

I need Al Jean to tweet where the joke is located in that screenshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Julias posted:

It's just....naming a bunch of real shows.

If this occured in an earlier Simpson season, there would be 90% less pictures and they would all be parodies since, you know, that would actually be funny.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
At least that's funny though, saying fox is garbage is better than a wall of shows and no joke

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Oh my god, look at how bad that joke is. Everybody knows they Fox only runs programming from 8-10, and that 10-11 is usually the local news. That's part of their programming.

Worst joke ever.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Cemetry Gator posted:

Oh my god, look at how bad that joke is. Everybody knows they Fox only runs programming from 8-10, and that 10-11 is usually the local news. That's part of their programming.

Worst joke ever.

I hope someone got fired for that blunder

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

What was the actual scene supposed to be? Without looking it up I would assume that it was something like "Disney sure owns a lot of poo poo now"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Muk Dumpster posted:

Best American dad is when he gets hooked on crack

That Get Down, Get Down :eyepop: still plays in my head regularly.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

womb with a view posted:

What was the actual scene supposed to be? Without looking it up I would assume that it was something like "Disney sure owns a lot of poo poo now"

That’s from The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase from season 8.

Which aired in 1997 :suicide:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That Get Down, Get Down :eyepop: still plays in my head regularly.

Taht's loving jungle boogie you degenerate

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Milo and POTUS posted:

Taht's loving jungle boogie you degenerate

Yeah I know but it's Jungle Boogie sung in a Roger voice and that specific version is the one I keep hearing.

... or did the original singer just sound insanely like Roger. Was Roger the original singer?! :ohdear:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I know but it's Jungle Boogie sung in a Roger voice and that specific version is the one I keep hearing.

... or did the original singer just sound insanely like Roger. Was Roger the original singer?! :ohdear:

It’s not the original Kool & the Gang recording, but a sound-alike.

It’s still :eyepop:ingly good, though.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

We really could use a Stan Smith crack pipe eyepop smilie.

:captainpop: :chanpop:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God I want to look it up but I can't find it on youtube without signing in

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

That’s from The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase from season 8.

Which aired in 1997 :suicide:

Haha yeah I know that one, I meant the new screenshot of old man and wall of TVs

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

God I want to look it up but I can't find it on youtube without signing in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI-itm4ZQrA

Unless you meant the song itself. Sorry can't help you there, only 3 second clips here

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

womb with a view posted:

Haha yeah I know that one, I meant the new screenshot of old man and wall of TVs

:lol: my bad. There are some non-Disney properties on the wall of TVs, unless some of the shows I see listed there were produced by FOX, but aired on other channels like the CW.

I don’t know what the subject is supposed to be other than “modern Simpsons, no punchline.”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's pretty funny that we're all complaining about the screenshot "not having a joke" when none of us has seen it in context or know what's going on with the characters

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Twenty bucks I'll make ya see heaven :stare:

Data Graham posted:

It's pretty funny that we're all complaining about the screenshot "not having a joke" when none of us has seen it in context or know what's going on with the characters

I don't think we'd care as much if it weren't so ugly and cluttered.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't think we'd care as much if it weren't so ugly and cluttered.

While being sterile and lifeless. How.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I could see "guess the plot from one screencap" being fun. I already cheated a bit and looked that one up, it's apparently an episode about TV recapping as a profession. I don't think I've ever entertained that as a concept before.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Das Boo posted:

Those characteristics are not exactly mutually exclusive.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

I mean, shouldn’t those TV screens have a soft glow emanating from them? Shouldn’t the man with his arms raised have a little more light on him and make him stand out a little better since he’s lost in the TV screens that should be glowing? Why is the room so flat and desaturated? Shouldn’t the room have at least a pinch more color like The Simpsons we all grew up with?

It’s such a dark and dreadful image.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Those characteristics are not exactly mutually exclusive.

Sterile and cluttered is surprisingly hard to pull off, especially with characters in-frame.

You Are A Elf posted:

I mean, shouldn’t those TV screens have a soft glow emanating from them? Shouldn’t the man with his arms raised have a little more light on him and make him stand out a little better since he’s lost in the TV screens that should be glowing? Why is the room so flat and desaturated? Shouldn’t the room have at least a pinch more color like The Simpsons we all grew up with?

It’s such a dark and dreadful image.

Remember when "Simpsons dark" meant being dynamically underlit with aggressive colors and harsh shadows?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

womb with a view posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI-itm4ZQrA

Unless you meant the song itself. Sorry can't help you there, only 3 second clips here

loving weird. It's just slightly off.

But it's not roger like someone else said

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Whoa

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Frank Grimes has actually been buried for twenty four years and Lenny just wants it to be less painful to remember :(

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Eh. It’s slightly better than the awful simpsons fan fiction the bojack horseman creator wrote the entire internet called “poignant” a couple years back

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

uuuhhh we're not talking about that comic by Rebecca Sugar are we?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Apparently it was a twitter thread about Marge's depressing life by Bob-Waksberg.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2016/8/16/12503608/bojack-horseman-raphael-bob-waksberg-marge-simpson

I never heard of it before now. It seems kinda dumb to me.

But I will always go to bat for that depressing Rebecca Sugar comic, so what do I know.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ror posted:

Apparently it was a twitter thread about Marge's depressing life by Bob-Waksberg.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2016/8/16/12503608/bojack-horseman-raphael-bob-waksberg-marge-simpson

I never heard of it before now. It seems kinda dumb to me.

But I will always go to bat for that depressing Rebecca Sugar comic, so what do I know.

the whole 'what if Marge but sad' thing fit because it at least played off the thing fans talked about about how Marge's general arc is constant rehashes of 'Homer/her kids/etc does something lovely and Marge just...kinda accepts it and forgives them as if that's how that works'. Like, obviously Simpsons has always been just a cartoon sitcom so nobody gets 'arcs' to begin with but at least others get to explore other things, Marge just kinda goes from lovely event to lovely event shrugging and accepting it. The show itself even makes fun of it it's such a well known trope about the show.

'What if Lenny sad' means nothing because he exists for side jokes like 'my eye! I'm not supposed to get pudding in it!' and 'don't tell people how I live'.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I thought at first the comic chose Lenny as a reference to the protagonist of Memento, who is called Leonard, and whose story shares similarities with the comic and its themes. But on revisiting it I think I'm making connections that weren't intended...

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

We need a Pukahontas style tragic biopic on Handsome Pete.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Rebecca sugar comic is also lame. Idk these things all kind of just reek of “isn’t it sad when something sad happens????” and I mean yeah it is sure

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That Rebecca Sugar comic was eye-meltingly ugly.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Has anyone told Horseman Bojack creator that Marge is a cartoon character

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sad Marge comic is one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever read on Twitter, and has solidified my decision to never watch the sad horse show

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I have no idea what any of this stuff is and it all sounds reeeaaallll dumb.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That Rebecca Sugar comic was eye-meltingly ugly.

Seriously. Absolutely repulsive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

Sad Marge comic is one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever read on Twitter, and has solidified my decision to never watch the sad horse show

Alcoholic Depression Horse is a good show you should give it a try