Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Japan is weary of vaccination in general. Though they don’t get as crazy as good ole USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
this seems like a cool enough moment to come out of lurking to share https://twitter.com/KnicksMSGN/status/1378541198978260997?s=20

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Is Pelle a borderline NBA player who feels like he has to risk injury for the sake of his livelihood?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Never heard of him before but that was a scintillating sequence.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1378729068909187074?s=19

Jokic way ahead of everyone in TPA

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Yeah, jokic leads the league in TPA... Toilet Paper Analysis :xd:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

got 'im

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1378746850816188420?s=19

That's a lot

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
they're gonna be capped out anyway and he's been awesome for them this year

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah Jrue is having a great year. If they still had Brogdon they'd be my favorites to win the title.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

TPA rates jokic as the best defender in the league

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

TPA rates jokic as the best defender in the league

that's right

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

RustySeabutter posted:

this seems like a cool enough moment to come out of lurking to share https://twitter.com/KnicksMSGN/status/1378541198978260997?s=20

Everyone loved him on the Sixers and its good that he is continuing to own.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1378756095959793664?s=19

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Jrue owns and I'm glad he's getting paid by a team I don't cheer for

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I don't think it's crazy to see Jrue having a Lowry arc in his 30's. He's a great fit and a cool person glad he's getting paid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy moly

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I don't hate it. Obviously things get better if you can pay him a little less to get some flexibility but eh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jrue is probably “worth” 18-22 million a year

Imho

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Jrue is probably “worth” 18-22 million a year

Imho

This is about what an average starter gets.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
i don't think jrue is worth a max, but he's cool and i'm happy for him.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I think he's worth a max, who's better than him after like Paul, Irving, and Lillard?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I think he's worth a max, who's better than him after like Paul, Irving, and Lillard?

I appreciate this blatant Steph disrespect

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Senator Drinksalot posted:

SGA in 2 years

Edit: SGA's offense is there, but he's not as solid a defender as holiday and probably never will be

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Think Less posted:

SGA in 2 years

Edit: SGA's offense is there, but he's not as solid a defender as holiday and probably never will be

sga is going to be a supermax as soon as he can he's just way younger. they aren't eligible for the same kind of contract

That contract is fine, stop listening to Nate Duncan and treating any contract that isn't a minimum or LeBron like it's an insane overpay. Most all star level guys get a max and Jrue is that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

This is about what an average starter gets.

Yes .

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

MourningView posted:

sga is going to be a supermax as soon as he can he's just way younger. they aren't eligible for the same kind of contract

That contract is fine, stop listening to Nate Duncan and treating any contract that isn't a minimum or LeBron like it's an insane overpay. Most all star level guys get a max and Jrue is that.

I get that. It was a throwaway comment about who's better.

Even with horford's contract on the books and a supermax for sga, the thunder have a lot of flexibility going forward. Just gotta hit in the draft now...

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
the holliday contract is deserved but also shows that the truly top players are such a bargain on their max deals.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1378778318972071939
He is made of glass.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/DevinMKeller/status/1378393549331439618?s=19

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

jackofarcades posted:

I don't hate it. Obviously things get better if you can pay him a little less to get some flexibility but eh

They wouldn't have had any flexibility unless they just straight up didn't retain him.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

MourningView posted:

Podcasts: not even once

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

He doesn’t want to get bullied by the Best Center in the NBA.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

You wish

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the best center in the NBA humps air and does stare

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

the best center in the NBA humps air and does stare

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

MourningView posted:

they're gonna be capped out anyway and he's been awesome for them this year

this is the right take, i wouldn't sign jrue to that to build a team around obviously but in milwaukee's situation it makes total sense

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Been looking forward to an Embiid vs Jokic matchup, but it hasn’t happened since 2019. Embiid has been hurt the last three games between the teams

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Hopefully we'll get it in the Finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the best center in the nba has the physique of a goon