Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Blaise330 posted:

These two still have a best of 7 thats at 3-3

Long term storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

A Peacock shows up on the screen, "I now own my competition. I OWN WWE."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ubRRNj5Jbk (fade to black)

Blaise330 posted:

3-3-1, technically

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Why not just have reigns watching on a live feed and then have him send out an underling to whip rear end, if he's supposed to be like a crime family boss now. Then also sending a goon communicates his lack of respect for opponent. Jesus Christ that takes 30 seconds to think up, how do the writers not realize how stupid that image of him sitting in a poo poo chair on the ramp is.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

Jesus Christ that takes 30 seconds to think up

Vince can't book that far ahead

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gh0stpinballa posted:

Why not just have reigns watching on a live feed and then have him send out an underling to whip rear end, if he's supposed to be like a crime family boss now. Then also sending a goon communicates his lack of respect for opponent. Jesus Christ that takes 30 seconds to think up, how do the writers not realize how stupid that image of him sitting in a poo poo chair on the ramp is.

His underling was out there already.

I liked Reigns being out there because at the end, Bryan looked at him like he was gonna murder him and Roman poo poo his pants, threw the chair at Bryan, and tried to get away before Bryan whipped his rear end. It played up Reigns as just playing the image of a cool crime boss when he's actually scared of Bryan, because Bryan made him tap out.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I thought night 1 of the wrestlemania ppv was good, but I dunno if ill watch night 2. that ending really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you were watching NJPW, the japanese WWE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

gh0stpinballa posted:

BEcause the show was supposed to go off the air with Bryan murdering Roman with the Yes Lock.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Who’s ready for 9 straight nights of WWE programming?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Astro7x posted:

the gauntlet is even worse when you realize it has 2 Raws in it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I've been preparing for this my whole life.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

wait, Mania's next week? Lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Manià, or the 120 Hours of Boredom

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Venomous posted:

wait, Mania's next week? Lmao

Yes, heck you might as well consider Wrestlemania Week (+2 days) already commenced. We made it boys!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The saddest part of this 9 day gauntlet is that Jeru won't be sharing it with us

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao hard to say which of the two i'd rather be subjected to

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

If they announce NXT Evolve as has been rumored it turns into 12 days straight of WWE programming

Blaise330 posted:

The saddest part of this 9 day gauntlet is that Jeru won't be sharing it with us
Is he ok?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Blaise330 posted:

I don't think that's sad at all, I am glad J-ru no longer has to withstand it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
He's better than okay. He's sworn of WWE programming for an entire year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reignofevil posted:

He's better than okay. He's sworn of WWE programming for an entire year.

He'll be back

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaise330 posted:

The tiebreaker should honestly be Sheamus' retirement match when that day comes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

of course. he only swore it off for a year. his return date is marked on his calendar with hearts and kissy lips around it so he does not forget.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
The only way to break the curse and free J-ru forever is for wwe to fire Nigel

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

A good and funny post

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

D’Lo, or the 120 Hours of Boredom

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If Bryan wins the belt at Mania, doesn't that technically null out the reason J-Ru stopped watching?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I personally wouldn't even put mental energy into that outcome.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm sure the infinite amount of WWE around that match will undo whatever good will Babyface Champ Daniel Bryan would bring

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Daniel is champ I will watch every show he's on until he's not. There's nothing the man can do that will make me not stan for him. I am only here because of him, I would forfeit my own life for his or anyone in his family without a second thought if he or his needed an organ transplant or were in the path of a wayward bus.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
daniel bryan doesn't believe in organ transplants

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

If Bryan wins the belt at Mania, doesn't that technically null out the reason J-Ru stopped watching?

No.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STARDOM spoiler

Sounds like Bea Priestley's coming, have fun with that :laffo:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Chris James 2 posted:

STARDOM spoiler

Sounds like Bea Priestley's coming, have fun with that :laffo:

this was posted in the wrong thread... right?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUJvf50kkhs

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tweak posted:

this was posted in the wrong thread... right?
Do we have an NXT UK thread?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

A what thread?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Spiderdrake posted:

oh... oh no

I think this might have been the high water mark for NXT for me. Plenty of really good matches happened since but this was just something else

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Tweak posted:

oh... oh no

I think this might have been the high water mark for NXT for me. Plenty of really good matches happened since but this was just something else

debut of the fight forever chant and well deserved. I may be wrong about that but I never heard it anywhere else before this match. a top five WWE match absolutely.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

there's still a fair few cuts in that match, but NONE of the lovely action zoom, and god it's so much of a nicer watch because of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Daniel is champ I will watch every show he's on until he's not. There's nothing the man can do that will make me not stan for him. I am only here because of him, I would forfeit my own life for his or anyone in his family without a second thought if he or his needed an organ transplant or were in the path of a wayward bus.

I get that logic, but lets put it on perspective of wrestlemania week. Rough math in my head says 22 hours of content. Daniel will maybe be 35 minutes of that. Afterwards he'll be like 15-25 minutes every week, often sprinkled throughout the hours. It's just an impossible miasma of WWE.