Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Holy drat FFXV ran so poorly by default. I put it in framerate mode and it's 60fps and I see literally no difference in resolution. Is it just a dynamic resolution in framerate mode and since I'm running in PS5 it doesn't change?

Also this is the first game I've played where I can change the display mode and it doesn't make me restart, that's weird.

I don't know the actual implementation details and they've probably been patched a lot but the game originally had a notional 4K mode "high" and a notional framerate mode "life" (I may have the names backward), and neither were very good, they were like 4K20 and 1080p 30 or something, and later they added a "lite" setting that cranked the detail down even lower and was supposed to hit 60 but in practice still only hit 40 or so. It's possible there may be some dynamic res going on but mostly I think FFXV just scales down in resolution quite well. On reflection I'm not sure if only lite mode has a high frame cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Real hurthling! posted:

Hat in time is pure jank
I mean it's clearly nowhere near Mario or Ratchet & Clank or Astrobot level of polish, but aside from local coop, the basic mechanics are solid and I love the level design and how it ties into the little plots. Reminds me of the first two Paper Marios.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Cicero posted:

I mean it's clearly nowhere near Mario or Ratchet & Clank or Astrobot level of polish, but aside from local coop, the basic mechanics are solid and I love the level design and how it ties into the little plots. Reminds me of the first two Paper Marios.

I've only heard good things about it, that it's supposed to be one of the better modern 3D platformers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fedule posted:

I don't know the actual implementation details and they've probably been patched a lot but the game originally had a notional 4K mode "high" and a notional framerate mode "life" (I may have the names backward), and neither were very good, they were like 4K20 and 1080p 30 or something, and later they added a "lite" setting that cranked the detail down even lower and was supposed to hit 60 but in practice still only hit 40 or so. It's possible there may be some dynamic res going on but mostly I think FFXV just scales down in resolution quite well. On reflection I'm not sure if only lite mode has a high frame cap.

Yeah I'm pretty sure when I started this game it was running in 20, which is insane to me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Watch out your son doesn’t google the game afterwards and learn about JonTron

what's the scandal with this? i'm out of the loop

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He does a voice. Theres no scandal. The game just came out like right after he got embarrassed in a youtube debate spouting half baked rightwing talking points

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure when I started this game it was running in 20, which is insane to me

FFXV has frame pacing issues when you use a mode with a 30fps cap, so that's why it felt so bad. It's the same issue Bloodborne has.

Imagine someone tapping a drum 30 times a minute, but instead of a constant rhythm every so often one of the beats is earlier or later than it should be.

The issue is really easy to notice if you smoothly rotate the camera. I'm glad the game runs at a pretty much locked 60fps on PS5 because the PC version became a stuttering mess when Episode Ardyn was released.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
JonTron's a gross rear end alt-right racist and torpedoed his GameGrumps free money career.

But apparently Arin/Egoraptor knows how to pick 'em because Dan was loving teens or something recently.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

huh, welp. there's that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I expected you to be internet enough to have heard by now, bp.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jon's a Heil away from being a white ethnostatist so please gently caress off with this "there's no scandal he just tweeted bad takes" bullshit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Read my post in context angry bud

He asked what occured with the game and the answer is nothing the voice was not removed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

To clear my backlog tho I'm gonna bust out Miles Morales. Any combat tips or settings to mess with? It's my first real open world Spider-Man game ever. I've barely started. I ended up with a 55" LG BX OLED (CX is the same but a bit better) and it's pretty dope! Though, in retrospect, I should have just kept my KS8000

Do the combat/stealth/traversal challenges ASAP because they unlock really useful abilities. There’s two of each of them

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ok guys hold me accountable I'm getting old and am trying to get back into my video game groove, but it's tough :( I have a huge backlog. Probably do God of War for a 3rd time (first time on PS5 tho :getin:). Still have to do the Jedi game, Witcher 3 (my procrastination paid off in a positive way here!). Titanfall 2 again (lol just cause). Picked up WRC 9 on this sale--haven't done a rally game in a bit.is DMC5 worth a revisit?

I'd love to check out XIV, but I just cannot do a MMORPG time-sink RN, and I barely started the first expansion. Though, it is a fun game for quick intermittent visits, and the goon groups are all great

Started FF7R a while ago, about 1/4 maybe 1/3 through, but might as well wait until June at this point

To clear my backlog tho I'm gonna bust out Miles Morales. Any combat tips or settings to mess with? It's my first real open world Spider-Man game ever. I've barely started. I ended up with a 55" LG BX OLED (CX is the same but a bit better) and it's pretty dope! Though, in retrospect, I should have just kept my KS8000

Skip the Jedi game, for real

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Contractual obligations stopped then from dropping JonTron completely but they bumped him down from a more substantial character to voicing like a single line of dialogue iirc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I expected you to be internet enough to have heard by now, bp.

I haven't played that game, I dunno, 2020 was a buzy year I can't keep up with every chud

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bows1 posted:

Skip the Jedi game, for real

I didn’t like the combat from what I played :sigh:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FilthyImp posted:

JonTron's a gross rear end alt-right racist and torpedoed his GameGrumps free money career.

But apparently Arin/Egoraptor knows how to pick 'em because Dan was loving teens or something recently.

It turned out he was loving fans in their 20s, who he let believe would lead to a relationship with him. So it was grooming and taking advantage of his position and treating people like disposable playthings and he's also like 38 or 40 or something so a super questionable age gap, but he didn't have gently caress any teens. One of the 23 year olds met him when she was 17 but they didn't have any substantive communication until a few years later.

More of a Nick Robinson situation. Very unethical and worth not watching any of his stuff over, but should be clear he didn't do anything with any teens as far as anyone knows.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

FilthyImp posted:

As far as I know, a young woman (21 I think) said that she and Dan started corresponding online when she was still 17 and they didn't meet in real life until she was over 18. Still gross, but the internet is making this out to be much more scandalous than it actually is. All the evidence she's put out there are messages between them when they were both adults. Hopefully I'm not ill-informed and there's more to the story.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Lots of good stuff in the Accessibility settings. Increased Dodge Window, High Contrast Spider Sense (easier to see), hold buttons instead of mashing them, auto-complete QTEs. The skill tree is pretty much guided for you since it's level-gated so no real tips there, just get everything as it becomes available.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

negativeneil posted:

As far as I know, a young woman (21 I think) said that she and Dan started corresponding online when she was still 17 and they didn't meet in real life until she was over 18. Still gross, but the internet is making this out to be much more scandalous than it actually is. All the evidence she's put out there are messages between them when they were both adults. Hopefully I'm not ill-informed and there's more to the story.

Why are you hoping the dude hosed teenagers?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Nah, apparently that was all super exaggerated. Dan talked to some teenager, then they stopped talking for four years, and when she was 21 they slept together after one of his shows and then he ghosted her. People were saying that because he had a conversation with a teenager (and not even a sexy one, just a regular conversation) and then later slept with her, he's obviously a pedophile. When people said that that made no drat sense, they pivoted to saying that the uneven power dynamics of a "rock star" and a fan meant the fan could not consent and that Dan essentially raped her. When people still said that sounded like a load of horse crap, they just said Dan was a dick for ghosting the girl. Even the girl Dan slept with said it was all getting blown up more than it needed to be. The entire thing was apparently orchestrated by some Dan-obsessed person in the RantGrumps subreddit (made entirely for making GBS threads on GameGrumps) and it all blew over in like three days.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 5, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So this game is on the ps5? Sounds bad

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It never fails to surprise me how much you guys know about behind the scenes drama surrounding the nobodies of the gaming world. The forums is like reading TMZ except I haven't heard of any of these people.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

goons love gossip and love to talk about it in multiple threads on multiple subforums

because posting their hot takes once isn't enough

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Cicero posted:

I picked up A Hat in Time to play with my son and holy poo poo the local coop is terrible, like really loving bad. Sucks, because the rest of the game seems charming and great.

If you're looking for a game to play couch co op with your son, I've just started It Takes Two and it's absolutely amazing. Like Miyamoto levels of fun. Bit of a weird dynamic considering the 2 characters represent a husband and wife mid divorce, but the game itself is really good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HampHamp posted:

If you're looking for a game to play couch co op with your son, I've just started It Takes Two and it's absolutely amazing. Like Miyamoto levels of fun. Bit of a weird dynamic considering the 2 characters represent a husband and wife mid divorce, but the game itself is really good.

Can you play it alone like brothers atots or does it require 2 like a way out and as its title would lead one to believe

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Can you play it alone like brothers atots or does it require 2 like a way out and as its title would lead one to believe

It requires two to play. It does have that friend pass thing, so you can play online with another person and they get it free. Not sure on the specifics, I've only played in couch co op.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

In does in fact take two afaik. Your friends can DL it and play for free though, so you should buy it and we can work out our marriage issues together and I won't have 2 pay for it.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

It takes two (:razz:) people for the whole game. It can be couch co-op or online, but you still gotta have two people. It plays a lot like A Way Out if you're familiar with that one. I'm digging it, but I think A Way Out was better (though I haven't beaten ITT yet, so maybe it's got a fun twist ending like AWO did).

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I bought miles morales last week installed and played for about an hour. Popped it back in tonight and it said that it had to copy data from the disk- I think it uninstalled? I didn’t tell it to, has anyone else had this problem?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

John Romero posted:

I bought miles morales last week installed and played for about an hour. Popped it back in tonight and it said that it had to copy data from the disk- I think it uninstalled? I didn’t tell it to, has anyone else had this problem?

Do you have an external HD hooked up? Miles Morales seems to be the one game that has issues if there’s one hooked up

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

FilthyImp posted:

he wasnt. he spoke to her in random fan kinda way 1 month before she hit 18 and then they didnt speak until 4 years had passed when she was 22 and then they were both into it, tho his pickup method is very lol worthy, they were both consenting adults and the only reasons it exploded in the way it has done is because he was a bit of a shithead and ghosted her straight after sex and she couldnt handle that (cos 22) and told everyone and then a reddit page who really hate gamegrumps for some reason made it out like he was grooming her when she was 17 and he wasnt and the usual places lost their minds over it. just the dumbest of internet bullshit drama. i mean theres obviously the fan/power thing in affect thats a bit side glancey but other than that lol.

i don't even know what gamegrumps is or who these loving clowns are, just kinda weirded out in the way people on the internet these days really really want to infantile 17-25 year olds. its super loving creepy and gross. like a 17-25 year old has the mental capacity of a 9 year old? the gently caress is wrong with the internet. i'm half expecting 30-35 to get infantile next and i blame harry potter. i also think its mostly millennials tbh who cant handle getting old or their own sensitivity and baby diper weirdos and also how people just read the headline and form an opinion but whatever, putting my ps5 on now.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 5, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

It never fails to surprise me how much you guys know about behind the scenes drama surrounding the nobodies of the gaming world. The forums is like reading TMZ except I haven't heard of any of these people.

it just shows up! i check out twitter and its there in the side bar and i read it. or for some reason i go to loving resetera to find the latest leaks so i can come in here and secude you all about the new hot game rumours but i see a thread and i think uh whats all this and i then i end up reading it and now i have this poo poo imprinted on a brain cell and i dont know why. why. help me. please. i am in hell.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'm almost 38 and if anyone itt so much as quotes my posts then you are a pervert

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I've got like six days without the family and banged out 10 hours of Tsushima today. Took me a bit to get the rhythm, but I am cutting defined now. Otherwise, it's weird to play the one open world game that only takes itself seriously and has no jokes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
PS5: if anyone itt so much as quotes my posts then you are a pervert

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i'm almost 38 and if anyone itt so much as quotes my posts then you are a pervert

:heysexy:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Idk who any of these internet ppl are either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I read BeanpolePeckerwood's post but I'm gonna be respectful and wait 18 years before I quote it.